Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

akadajet posted:

what's the current thinking on having multiple clients hit a sqlite db? sinful or no?

the policy on COMMIT adultery is right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

raw doggin them tables all day and twice on sunday

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

it's encouraged in Mormon splinter cults

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
children are our future

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
you know some appointee saw trans in the name and flipped out

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

move fast and break children

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

PCjr sidecar posted:

move fast? and, break children!

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

akadajet posted:

what's the current thinking on having multiple clients hit a sqlite db? sinful or no?

better hope all but one are read-only

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

looks like a daunting list but just quote from these as needed in your dealings with the community:

Do not bear false witness.
Honor all.
Be a help in times of trouble.
Console the sorrowing.
Do not give way to anger.
Do not nurse a grudge.
Do not swear, for fear of perjuring yourself.
Be not proud.
Be not lazy.
Be not a grumbler.
Speak no useless words or words that move to laughter.
Do not love quarreling.
Love your juniors.

Max Facetime fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 23, 2018

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

mystes posted:

the recent amazon story where machine learning had simply done a good job of picking up on the existing biases of the company's hiring and employment practices.

That's exactly what machine learning ever does. It automates the biases present in the teaching data

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Wheany posted:

That's exactly what machine learning ever does. It automates the biases present in the teaching data

sounds p good to find out how racist you are tbh. not that I expect it to ever get used that way. why try to actually not discriminate when yearly PowerPoints on whether to discriminate (it’s no, discrimination is bad) are easier

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Max Facetime posted:

looks like a daunting list but just quote from these as needed in your dealings with the community:

Do not bear false witness.
Honor all.
Be a help in times of trouble.
Console the sorrowing.
Do not give way to anger.
Do not nurse a grudge.
Do not swear, for fear of perjuring yourself.
Be not proud.
Be not lazy.
Be not a grumbler.
Speak no useless words or words that move to laughter.
Do not love quarreling.
Love your juniors.

or dont deal with a community that obligates christianity for participation

if those selections were good enough for them, they would have only used those but they didnt

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Max Facetime posted:

Love your juniors.

from what i've heard the catholic church has had some trouble with this one

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

my bug reports now include

“while prioritizing my bug report keep in mind what God says: don’t be lazy and don’t be a grumbler” at the end

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Max Facetime posted:

my bug reports now include

“while prioritizing my bug report keep in mind what God says: don’t eat shellfish or wear blended fabrics” at the end

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

from what i've heard the catholic church has had some trouble with this one

not like that!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Wheany posted:

sounds like a fine time to rebrand the purpose of the software

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Trevor Hale posted:

shameful fuckers in here who did not watch and enjoy Joan of Arcadia. (or possibly the more agnostic Wonderfalls)

I just finished wonderfalls last week and it was pretty great

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chris Knight posted:

I just finished wonderfalls last week and it was pretty great

skipped five thousand+ posts but anyway here's wonderwall

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wheany posted:

You theoretically don't need to train it on your lovely actual hiring practices though. 

mystes fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 23, 2018

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

mystes posted:

You theoretically don't need to train it on your lovely actual hiring practices though.

probably anyone's will work just fine

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

mystes posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Krankenstyle posted:

or dont deal with a community that obligates christianity for participation

it really strikes me as a "oh man have you heard of all those dumb sjw codes of conduct other projects are implementing with things like 'don't be a gross weirdo' and 'have basic human decency?' man i bet we could totally own the libs by doing the same but in a way they hate!!!" thing rather than an earnest expression of christianity, but hey whatever

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shame Boy posted:

it really strikes me as a "oh man have you heard of all those dumb sjw codes of conduct other projects are implementing with things like 'don't be a gross weirdo' and 'have basic human decency?' man i bet we could totally own the libs by doing the same but in a way they hate!!!" thing rather than an earnest expression of christianity, but hey whatever

nah the sqlite guy is Extremely Religious

https://timundergod.blogspot.com/2008/07/dr-richard-hipp-creator-of-sqlite.html?m=1

quote:

I didn't know who Dr. Richard Hipp was, but I heard of the SQLite. According to this article, it is the most deployed database system in the world. It powers your iPods, iPhones, and browsers like Firefox, and more. Dr. Richard Hipp is the man who created the SQLite and he gave it away to the public. That's very geeky coolness. And he is a Christian, and from what I read in the article, he is a real, God honouring Christian, not just a "pick-Christianity-as-my-religion-on-survey" kind of Christian. Here's how he answered the question: "Do you ascribe your talents and skills as God given or human made?"

quote:

Everything that I am is by Grace alone. The longer I live and the more I see, the more obvious this fact becomes. There have been many times in the past (and, no doubt, there will be more occasions in the future) where I have looked upon "my" accomplishments with pride, thinking that "I" have done well. Such thinking is utter foolishness. I would be less than nothing but for the unmerited favour of God.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

if you are not familiar with american evangelicalism, yes, it could seem like two different things

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
sqlite is still public-domain right? just make a sql4satan fork, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Code of Conduct," bing bing bang popcorn

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

duz posted:

if you are not familiar with american evangelicalism, yes, it could seem like two different things

I think there's a big gap between palmer luckey gross weirdos and very earnest jesus types

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I think there's a big gap between palmer luckey gross weirdos and very earnest jesus types

in my experience the only difference is if they enjoy sick dunks on evolution or sick dunks on creationism more

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also if they want to murder queers because the bible says so or just for fun

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

It is by God alone that I set my Code in motion

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

NoneMoreNegative posted:

It is by God alone that I set my Code in motion

checks out, it clearly didn’t evolve by natural selection of the fittest examples

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it is by the use of dash-O that code acquires speed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

https://twitter.com/chernandburn/status/1054441386211074048

Mayor London Breed and other prominent elected officials who have come out against Prop. C largely echo those criticisms. In a coordinated effort this month, Breed, state Sen. Scott Weiner and Assemblyman David Chiu released statements saying that while they support the measure’s goals, they would be voting no.

Breed said the “risk that concerns me the most” is the potential for companies impacted by the tax to move their operations and jobs elsewhere.

“We cannot afford to lose even more jobs for middle-class San Franciscans, the jobs in retail, manufacturing and services that are most likely to flee the city under Proposition C,” she said.

The businesses subject to the tax make up 15 to 20 percent of the city’s job base and already pay around 40 percent of its business taxes, according to a report on Prop. C from the city’s chief economist.

lol 20% of the jobs pay 40% of the taxes yeah that doesn't sound like rich people

lol that republicans cut Corp tax on the richest companies by over 67% and that the city can’t even reclaim 0.5% of it

just lmao at amerjca

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh no not the retail and service jobs, they might just up and leave and take their customer base with them somehow

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Businesses like twitter and facebook will pass that .5% price increase on to yooooooouuuuuuuuu :spooky:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

oh no not the retail and service jobs, they might just up and leave and take their customer base with them somehow

all the retail and service jobs will transition to the gig economy or amazon subcontractors (all amazon employees get paid $15 an hour! you're not an employee though, you're an independent contractor)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

lomarf

muckswirler posted:

Businesses like twitter and facebook will pass that .5% price increase on to yooooooouuuuuuuuu :spooky:

lomarf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean there's ancient scrolls in mediterranean caves and graffiti on the walls of pompeii showing that since time immemorial people have wailed and gnashed their teeth about how a tax raise is going to put them out of business and they can't possibly pay another cent

but this time it's true

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i mean there's ancient scrolls in mediterranean caves and graffiti on the walls of pompeii showing that since time immemorial people have wailed and gnashed their teeth about how a tax raise is going to put them out of business and they can't possibly pay another cent

and they're all dead now! makes you think op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

you can't increase taxes on the rich otherwise the rich will go and obtain their money from the black market anyway and then you don't control which money is on the streets anymore