Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Does anybody know when the Sega arcade classics are supposed to drop? I want to play some OutRun and Space Harrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Hahaha loving kill me :suicide:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How do you even manage to fit 10 hours a day of Mario Tennis into your schedule for that long? (I say, probably clocking in even more than that in BotW over the last week.)

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

PMush Perfect posted:

How do you even manage to fit 10 hours a day of Mario Tennis into your schedule for that long? (I say, probably clocking in even more than that in BotW over the last week.)

Math?

(That graphic is 3.3 hours a day for 90 days)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flint_Paper posted:

Idly wondering about Bayonetta 3, and what the moon-based title song could be.

Currently I'm hoping for an incredibly sugary, J-pop version of Blue Moon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0fy1HeJv80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Currently dying repeatedly in Blightown and losing souls while sitting in a waiting room while my car has some work done.

Portable Dark Souls is perfect.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Doctor Syrup posted:

does this mean you've played more mario tennis than anyone in the world

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The hover-y movement in Starlink soothes me on a primal level, who else can't get enough of cruising the Atlas system :cool:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought flying controls were weird for about ten seconds but then really appreciated how they did it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1054462996129427456

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Math?

(That graphic is 3.3 hours a day for 90 days)
For some reason I read that as 30 days. Whoops.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
What’s the deal with Minecraft on the switch? There’s a Nintendo version you can’t buy anymore, a regular version, and episodic versions or something?

Is the Nintendo Minecraft content still available? Do the episodic versions include the base version? Do the episodic versions use prebuilt levels and/or worlds or are they procgen?

Where can I find all this stuff out?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IIRC, the episodes are a Telltale story game.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

It'll be translated in like six months, max.

It only took about a year for the first DQB to hit states, and really look how many DQ titles we don't get over here. It may come out in the west in 6 months, maybe in 2 years, maybe never. But right now, DQB is here and it's amazing.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why are Hotline Miami 1 & 2 not on the Switch yet

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Frankston posted:

Why are Hotline Miami 1 & 2 not on the Switch yet

Devolver Digital's busy HD remastering Metal Wolf Chaos on PC/PS4/XB1 and I guess no one else wants to step up and do a Switch port.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Doctor Syrup posted:

Well my Switch says I've played "80 hours or more" of tennis which I guess fits with me playing a few matches a day since it came out. The sad part is I still suck even with all that practice. I haven't even won a tournament this month. :negative:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

GreatGreen posted:

What’s the deal with Minecraft on the switch? There’s a Nintendo version you can’t buy anymore, a regular version, and episodic versions or something?

Is the Nintendo Minecraft content still available? Do the episodic versions include the base version? Do the episodic versions use prebuilt levels and/or worlds or are they procgen?

The Switch Edition was the pre-Bedrock version of Minecraft. The current Minecraft is the Bedrock edition that makes cross platform gaming possible among other things. The Nintendo content will be playable for free as an exclusive bonus.

The episodic games as mentioned are the Telltale games releases.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Ignore Minecraft Story Mode/anything that says the word 'Episode', it isn't worth your time. Just get Minecraft Bedrock Edition, that's regular old Minecraft, and it's cross-platform.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The Switch Edition was the pre-Bedrock version of Minecraft. The current Minecraft is the Bedrock edition that makes cross platform gaming possible among other things. The Nintendo content will be playable for free as an exclusive bonus.

The episodic games as mentioned are the Telltale games releases.

Thanks!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just found out that you can push villagers through the End Portal, and that you can build a village for them there that works like any other village. I definitely want to do something with this, since by some fluke of world generation my world's stronghold spawned directly underneath a village, I even cut into the town well digging my way down into it. It made me think of the well in Ocarina of Time lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just want to build a place where man and enderman can live together in the spirit of peace and mutual understanding to heal the divisions between us :decorum:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

xenogears remaster WHEN goddamnit this entire year has been xenogears fanservice from square but no loving remaster

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I unironically want xenosaga.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ineffiable posted:

I unironically want xenosaga.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Baten Kaitos please

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Policenaut posted:

xenogears remaster WHEN goddamnit this entire year has been xenogears fanservice from square but no loving remaster

Never, because other than being a bad game I'm pretty sure Xenogears is one of the many PS1 era games that never had lasting backups of its code. It's like wanting a 7th Saga remaster.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
If I was to buy Starlink should I spring for the digital deluxe or does the regular have enough ships/pilots/weapons to have fun with?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Never, because other than being a bad game I'm pretty sure Xenogears is one of the many PS1 era games that never had lasting backups of its code. It's like wanting a 7th Saga remaster.

Rereleasing the non broken Japan version of 7th Saga with english text would be better and more work than some remasters.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Policenaut posted:

Wouldn't they also have to like... actually make the latter half of the game? The back half of that game was severely gutted, iirc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Silver Falcon posted:

Wouldn't they also have to like... actually make the latter half of the game? The back half of that game was severely gutted, iirc.

They didn't bother for Dark Souls

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Silver Falcon posted:

It wasn't gutted. Gutted means they took stuff out.

The original plan was to just end at disk 1. Disk 2 was when they decided to last-minute finish the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The game was running over budget and over time because the team was mostly inexperienced people and Square management told them to wrap it where they were and that's how disc 2 happened.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TBH I'd settle for being able to use the PS1 Classic I already bought and used on my PSP/PS3/Vita on my PS4 but I figured dang with it being the 20th anniversary and SE doing all these fanservice things and crossovers and remastered soundtracks (also inexplicably released on PS4) that maybe they planned to put the drat thing out on a modern platform. I know Konami just went "gently caress it" and ported the PSP versions of SotN and Rondo to PS4 rather than remaster them in HD, and I'd take that level of effort from Square-Enix.

Tae posted:

It wasn't gutted. Gutted means they took stuff out.

The original plan was to just end at disk 1. Disk 2 was when they decided to last-minute finish the game.

Yeah I read that Kotaku interview and afterwards I was glad we got disc 2 in any capacity, because that game ending on disc 1 would have been a huge dumb cliffhanger with no resolution. I found it pretty funny though that Type-0 all those years later would basically re-use the entire last act of Xenogears beat for beat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Am I just biased or are the Star Fox team way better voice acted than the Starlink crew?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

gariig posted:

If I was to buy Starlink should I spring for the digital deluxe or does the regular have enough ships/pilots/weapons to have fun with?

The standard edition digital has plenty of variety to be getting on with. I'd hold off on getting anything else until you've got your space legs under you and know you want to.

And yeah, the Fox crew is voiced really well, but the starlink crew isn't bad either. Their delivery is fine, they're just kinda dull.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 23, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think that's it. The Star Fox team are as cartoon hammy as ever and with some better lines than usual, while Starlink is at that annoying video game bland point where it can't decide whether to be serious or cartoony.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Avengers 2 is my fave example of that. Somebody kinda important dies and it's almost serious, but then the Hulk does the Donkey Kong shrug to break the tension.

Not literally I mean, but you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I've got Dark Souls II sitting unplayed in my Steam library, think I got it in a Humble Bundle at some point. Is it an improvement over the original? Should I bother going back to the original?