Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I have the #2 claim and the #1 team has all but checked out.

Is Mostert worth claiming? .5 PPR

My RB situation went from being serviceable to basically dead over the weekend.

RBs: Marshawn Lynch, Tevin Coleman, TJ Yeldon, Chris Thompson, and Bilal Powell.

Ivory and Kenjon Barner are also available as well as the GB RB trio, but lol if i wanna touch that even with my situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wouldn't burn priority on either player.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
What’s the feeling on Dalvin Cook? I’m trying to trade Hopkins to a guy for an RB but he changed his mind on parting with K Hunt after last night. Trying for Kamara, but would Cook plus Kerryon be a decent fallback option?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

DeepDickPizza posted:

What’s the feeling on Dalvin Cook? I’m trying to trade Hopkins to a guy for an RB but he changed his mind on parting with K Hunt after last night. Trying for Kamara, but would Cook plus Kerryon be a decent fallback option?

I wouldn't trade for Cook at all this season. He's quickly nearing drop territory

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I wouldn't trade for Cook at all this season. He's quickly nearing drop territory

That’s sort of what I was figuring. Blah. Really wanted Hunt. Hopefully he bites on Kamara.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

a desperate guy in my league wants to sell Thielan and DJ as a package. He wants RBs and WRs in return. Whats a fair offer?

My guys:

Antonio Brown
Ty Hilton
Jarvis Landry
Allen Robinson
Corey Davis

James Conner
Adrian Peterson
Jordan Howard
Austin Ekeler
Malcolm Brown

e: standard no ppr scoring

he countered my offer with Hilton, Howard and AP for Thielan and David Johnson. I think I should take it.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

You take that and run (all the way to the championship).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lynch has gone to IR, so if you didn't already get your Jalens I suggest you start now

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Gearman posted:

You take that and run (all the way to the championship).

he offered through text so he may be using it as leverage. i just have to sit back and hope he goes through with it.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

TommyGun85 posted:

he offered through text so he may be using it as leverage. i just have to sit back and hope he goes through with it.

Once that trade goes through, I would block that number. That trade makes no sense to me value-wise for him.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Khako posted:

Once that trade goes through, I would block that number. That trade makes no sense to me value-wise for him.

hes 1-5 and desperate. hes also the commish and generally very good on a yearly basis which leads me to think hes using it as leverage...like i said, i just sit and hope.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

TommyGun85 posted:

hes 1-5 and desperate. hes also the commish and generally very good on a yearly basis which leads me to think hes using it as leverage...like i said, i just sit and hope.

desperate to downgrade at two positions? it makes literally zero sense

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
And you all laughed that Hilton & AP was a bad place to start.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't think I would. AB is great, but Kerryon looks like an RB1 and Kelce is the best. Who are your other WRs, what's the scoring and rosters?

Sorry, 1PPR. My WRs are Keenan Allen and TY Hilton. My other TE is Ebron. 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

nerve posted:

desperate to downgrade at two positions? it makes literally zero sense

maybe im naive.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

TommyGun85 posted:

Leverage for what?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Inspector 34 posted:

Leverage for what?

to get better offers from other teams...

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Send him that offer and tell him it expires at midnight.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I guess that makes sense if he goes around advertising the offer to other people. Not much to do about it until after MNF though. Does week 7 officially end when the game ends, or is it at midnight or something when you can start adjusting your roster again?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Inspector 34 posted:

I guess that makes sense if he goes around advertising the offer to other people. Not much to do about it until after MNF though. Does week 7 officially end when the game ends, or is it at midnight or something when you can start adjusting your roster again?

On Yahoo it’s midnight but if you had a guy on your bench you can drop him and add someone before then

Is Jalen Richard worth adding in non PPR? My other RBs are Conner, Howard, Bell, Chubb and Hines

I don’t trust Doug Martin

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Wish these 13 point projections for tevin coleman would stop. He's awful.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

RisqueBarber posted:

Thanks man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Works every time

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Which QB would you want ROS? 6pt TDs, yardage and 40yard TD bonuses:

Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Jameis Winston

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

smoothitron posted:

Which QB would you want ROS? 6pt TDs, yardage and 40yard TD bonuses:

Drew Brees
Philip Rivers
Jameis Winston

Brees

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

RisqueBarber posted:

I need to buy you a beer.

lol

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Even with Coleman’s TD, I lost by 2. Argh.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
A guy in my league owns both Yeldon and Hyde. He also didn’t pick a RB until the 5th round (first four picks were Nuk, OBJ, Juju, and Ertz). He’s also fostering three QBs (Brees, Mahomes, Goff) and three TEs (Ertz, Hooper, and Doyle).

Anyway, when the Hyde-to-Jax news broke, you’d think he would immediately pounce, right? I mean, he owns two of the most immediately affected players, he’s been RB-poor all year, and god knows he has guys to drop. Most importantly, he knew about the Hyde trade before anyone in the league. I for one was stuck in a meeting when the news broke and only found out about it about 30 minutes after he did.

How do I know when he found it out? Because rather than pick up Chubb, he breathlessly ran to our group chat because “I just wanted to break the news.” He was promptly claimed by my opponent, who had previously been starting Ito Smith in that spot. Earlier tonight, despite my number one best friend Saquon’s best efforts and a pretty good showing from Tavecchio, he squeaked out a win by 2 points, his first of the season.

I play the Yeldon/Hyde guy next week.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I have Yeldon and I need to figure out what the gently caress to do with him :( Chubb was claimed within 15 minutes of the trade news breaking.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

re: questions about Jalen Richard:

-He's the passing-down back, usually. Lynch could also catch passes of course, but Richard was often in there on 3rd downs and late game need lots of points situations. With Amari Cooper gone, those situations... will be about the same, because Cooper has been sucking rear end.
-The Raiders have DeAndre Washington on the roster. He's been a healthy scratch some games this season, but last year he was a regular, and so I think it's fair to say Gruden sees him as more of a replacement for Doug Martin than for Lynch... but either way, he's likely to see some carries. And he can also catch the ball.
-The Raiders are awful and not getting better. That implies more passing and less rushing, which favors Richard... but it also implies less touchdown opportunities, which favors nobody
-Lynch's natural tackle-shedding ability forced defenses to stack the box more on early downs to cope. With him gone, and Cooper also gone, defenses should have more flexibility in scheme, which does not favor any Raiders offensive player

All told I think Richard's value ticks upwards slightly in PPR, but not to the point where you're ever happy starting him. We have yet to see how Gruden mixes Washington into the mix and it's entirely possible Richard gets nothing more than what he's already got. The guys I think benefit most right now is... bear with me now... are Jared Cook and Martavis Bryant.

Cook, Nelson, Bryant, and to a lesser extent, Jalen Richard and I guess Seth Roberts are the regular passing weapons now. Bryant is the guy for deep threats. Nelson is the regular WR1, Cook and Richard are the checkdowns, and Roberts plays slot and gadget plays and also I guess is just the WR2 on some plays? Brandon LaFell is also a Raider, maybe he'll see some games (he's been a healthy scratch since game 3 and has not seen a target all season).

But yeah so I guess Jalen Richard if you're desperate at RB, and Martavis Bryant if you're desperate at WR. But ultimately, the Raiders are a bad team that just got significantly worse, so my actual advice is to avoid most of these guys regardless. If you have Jordy, maybe see if you can trade him to someone on a "who else they gonna throw to" narrative before we find out the answer is "the defensive backs" when they face Indy this weekend.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If you're short at rb consider Elijah McGuire too, Jets took him off ir

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Azhais posted:

If you're short at rb consider Elijah McGuire too, Jets took him off ir
He's worth keeping in mind but isn't eligible to return until Week 9 at the earliest. The Jets do like him though and he was challenging Powell for his job in training camp before his injury so maybe he picks up right where he left off.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Thoughts on Marlon mack? I'm rb poor but I'll have to drop Geronimo Allison or evan engram/another te (I have gronk benched) for mack

Half ppr

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

Thoughts on Marlon mack? I'm rb poor but I'll have to drop Geronimo Allison or evan engram/another te (I have gronk benched) for mack

Half ppr

I would probably drop Allison for Mack.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Thinking about streaming defenses this week. I successfully streamed the Indy D against Buffalo to the tune of 16 points. I assumed I'd just drop them after that matchup, but they are in Oakland next week so there is a slight temptation to keep them.

For waiver adds, I see WAS@NYG as a fairly obvious add. SF@ARI is two crap offenses, but neither defense was inspiring in their last matchup. CLE is a decent defense, but they're @PIT. Fairly slim pickings otherwise. Panthers vs BAL?

Think I'll put in the WAS waiver claim and stand pat with Indy if that doesn't go through, depending on what other teams drop.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Thinking about streaming defenses this week. I successfully streamed the Indy D against Buffalo to the tune of 16 points. I assumed I'd just drop them after that matchup, but they are in Oakland next week so there is a slight temptation to keep them.

For waiver adds, I see WAS@NYG as a fairly obvious add. SF@ARI is two crap offenses, but neither defense was inspiring in their last matchup. CLE is a decent defense, but they're @PIT. Fairly slim pickings otherwise. Panthers vs BAL?

Think I'll put in the WAS waiver claim and stand pat with Indy if that doesn't go through, depending on what other teams drop.

I wouldn’t burn a waiver on any of those D. See who doesn’t get picked up and grab one in FA, or stick with Indy this week and see who gets dropped due to bye weeks and grab someone who has a solid week 9 matchup.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Am I nuts for not wanting to pick up the Pats D against Buffalo this week? That is a terrible unit and I have a feeling they'll make Derek Anderson look serviceable and end up with some 3-4 point stinker. I'd ask the same question for the 49ers defense against the Cards but they already put up a lovely 3-point game against them earlier in the year.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Quiet Feet posted:

Am I nuts for not wanting to pick up the Pats D against Buffalo this week? That is a terrible unit and I have a feeling they'll make Derek Anderson look serviceable and end up with some 3-4 point stinker. I'd ask the same question for the 49ers defense against the Cards but they already put up a lovely 3-point game against them earlier in the year.

I’m doing it, BUF offense is embarrassing

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mastershakeman posted:

Half ppr

I'm sorry you have how many tight ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
*makes actual note to remember to never start Dalton in primetime*

With the Bortles situation and Jacksonville totally imploding, Dede Westbrook has no value this week in London, right?