Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Nena liked Hol Horse and only pretended to like Polnareff to distract him from her trying to kill Joseph. Midler winds up falling in love with Jotaro, though she gets over it when she realizes he's bullshitting her.

She does not fall for Jotaro. She just says that he is her type and it's a shame she is murdering him. Which leads to him and the rest of the group trying to flatter her into letting them go, and making her angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the point still stands like killer queen stands behind kira. a personality trait in every woman character part 3 (and also sorta part 4) is how they're attracted to a central male character

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
No spoilers in general, please. Next time, just try to black bar the whole shebang. :colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 22, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Something I find funny is that Giorno is terrified of Koichi putting out the flame. But he also notes that he intended to give Koichi back his passport.

Which he could just do right now considering that Koichi already found where he's staying. :v:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Something I find funny is that Giorno is terrified of Koichi putting out the flame. But he also notes that he intended to give Koichi back his passport.

Which he could just do right now considering that Koichi already found where he's staying. :v:

Every time he’s encountered koichi, there’s been a small stand fight as a consequence. He’s probably better off hiding and removing the lighter than chancing an encounter with a quite possibly rightfully upset koichi that might end up with an extinguished lighter

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I also got the impression that since the passport is filed in a specific spot, he was going to mail it back later, like to the nearest Japanese embassy or something, and it's implied that he does this every time he gets someone's passport with their luggage (why would you leave your passport in there??? idgi). Which is, like, pretty funny that he has a system like that in place if that's true but like Koichi said, you can't exactly sell passports.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Condiv posted:

Every time he’s encountered koichi, there’s been a small stand fight as a consequence. He’s probably better off hiding and removing the lighter than chancing an encounter with a quite possibly rightfully upset koichi that might end up with an extinguished lighter

also koichi is like the last person you want to fight while trying to keep hold of something

oops your lighter suddenly weighs 4000 pounds because a swearing green man punched it

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Yinlock posted:

oops your lighter suddenly weighs 4000 pounds because a swearing green man punched it

I re-read the first volume of part 5 and Echoes does the "S-H-I-T" when Giorgio disappears around the corner and makes a tree and I'm sad we didn't get that in the anime

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also another biiiiitch.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

BaDandy posted:

I also got the impression that since the passport is filed in a specific spot, he was going to mail it back later, like to the nearest Japanese embassy or something, and it's implied that he does this every time he gets someone's passport with their luggage (why would you leave your passport in there??? idgi). Which is, like, pretty funny that he has a system like that in place if that's true but like Koichi said, you can't exactly sell passports.

I'm actually kind of surprised they don't have some sort of identity fraud thing going with stolen passports to be honest.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As a fun fact, Polpo is Italian for octopus. :eng101:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in fact, a lot of character names in part 5 relate to food

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Johnny Joestar posted:

in fact, a lot of character names in part 5 relate to food

its not dio-livery, its dio-giorno

i'll see myself out

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Momomo posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised they don't have some sort of identity fraud thing going with stolen passports to be honest.

I looked it up and it turns out I'm wrong; passports have a lot of specific things that should make them useless for identity theft, but that doesn't stop gangsters from stealing and selling them off. Like it happens often enough to be a thing.

This makes the implication that Giorno has an organized system for sending back stolen passports even better. Like, stealing luggage and money from rich tourists is fine, but they need their passport.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clearly identity theft, wanton murder, and drugs are Giorno's hot buttons.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Giorno hates people who steal and have no dignity.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

exploded mummy posted:

i'll see myself out

i hate it

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

exploded mummy posted:

i'll see myself out

Thread title please

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

Giorno hates people who steal and have no dignity.

this is insanely untrue

the only thing that giorno loves more than stealing is having no dignity

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 23, 2018

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Yinlock posted:

this is insanely untrue

the only thing that giorno loves more than stealing is having no dignity

https://twitter.com/2cfve/status/1051338996914315264

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/KingGunnmy/status/1054424285501157376?s=19

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gru's Three Step Plan to make Giorno a Stand User that involves killing Mario Luigi.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that sums him up pretty well yeah

actually this sums up at least half of the jojo protagonists, but especially giorno

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i was going to post a funny giorno video but it has a spoiler so ill instead state fighting gold is really catchy to me.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 23, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/HenreXReVivaL/status/1054709464090140672

now i'm re-imagining despicable-me to be about gru inspiring the orphans to be crimestars

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/HenreXReVivaL/status/1054709464090140672

now i'm re-imagining despicable-me to be about gru inspiring the orphans to be crimestars

thanks i hate this

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
"Despicable Me" does sound like a Stand name tho.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Kikas posted:

"Despicable Appalling Me" does sound like a Stand name tho.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Oh! Loathsome Me

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thankfully Vento Aureo does answer the question: what if Minions, but gun?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Was watching with my brother the other day. He didn't believe me when I said that Buccellati wasn't the most feminine man in Part 5. Then he saw Narancia in the OP and understood.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm curious why they seem to have replaced all of the video game VAs for this part. They kept a number of them on for the last few.

Also, I'm still not feeling Fighting Gold, but I can't stop listening to the ending.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

CC2’s casting decisions have no influence on David’s. David does their own auditions for the characters regardless of the game casting decisions. Sometimes there’ll be overlap when an actor is just that good for a role, like with Jotaro or Okuyasu, but not always.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I dont think I've disagree with a casting choice yet. DIO and Kira are some of my fav villain voices ever.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
My girlfriend just pointed out that Gio says Koichi’s name as Koichi Hirose and not Hirose Koichi because he’s speaking Italian and Italian doesn’t format names the same way

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

One of my favorite casting things is how Anime Vanilla Ice is the same dude who voiced him from way back in Capcom’s fighting game like 20 years ago.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

CC2’s casting decisions have no influence on David’s. David does their own auditions for the characters regardless of the game casting decisions. Sometimes there’ll be overlap when an actor is just that good for a role, like with Jotaro or Okuyasu, but not always.

Fair enough. Still kinda funny that the guy who voices the main antagonist of Part 5 in the games wound up voicing Kira in the anime.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Even now, months later, I remain mad that someone spoiled the main villain's Stand power in the mod feedback thread :negative:

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 24, 2018

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elephant Parade posted:

Even now, months later, I remain mad that someone spoiled the main villain's Stand power in the mod feedback thread :negative:

The only spoiler in jojo is context, and in this case nobody even understands what the context was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I'm liking Golden Wind so far, admittedly as someone with not much non-meme experience with JJBA beyond some knowledge of Stands and a couple scattered episodes from random parts.

Honest question, a big turnoff with getting into JoJo has been the whole "rampant dog murder" thing - that's really not stuff I want to see so I kind of balk at it. Is that something I'm going to have to worry about with this part?