Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hate hoot posted:

Please forgive my interruption of all of ...this, but I have a burning question for Pick and since this seems to be her main parlor I'll just go for it before I explode of curiosity:

Pick. Are/were you Chicken? (If not, I once knew your spiritual twin on a forum long ago)

Nope. I'm Pick everywhere. Have been since like 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012
Thank you for the swift reply. I must go away now, hat in hand, returning to the search.

(I still can't believe there's two of you)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

therobit posted:

100% chance the new husband has done time, 50% chance it was for a sex crime against a child.

20% chance the new husband is actually a new wife and mom is extremely closeted with regards to her daughter.

Norry
Mar 1, 2005

You gonna get raped...tenderly.

Dienes posted:

So the parents are totally leaving them in the car, right?

I remember that one too, pretty sure it was his neighbors being dicks. There's a followup post that was deleted, apparently they were Youtube pranksters and recording OP getting yelled at by his parents when they found the wrappers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LabyaMynora posted:

20% chance the new husband is actually a new wife and mom is extremely closeted with regards to her daughter.

That occurred to me too, or maybe like the mom has been racist her whole life but fell in love with and married a black guy and is super embarrassed about it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hate hoot posted:

Thank you for the swift reply. I must go away now, hat in hand, returning to the search.

no worries! hope you find her.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pirate Radar posted:

That occurred to me too, or maybe like the mom has been racist her whole life but fell in love with and married a black guy and is super embarrassed about it.

i didn't read that one carefully but if it's possible that the mom re-married the dad that's my bet

but again I didn't read it very well so maybe dads dead?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

i didn't read that one carefully but if it's possible that the mom re-married the dad that's my bet

You had the same reaction I did, I think that’s the safest bet. She’s remarried the guy who abused her daughter and convinced everyone else in the family to keep the daughter in the dark about it. It’s hosed up but it’s the thing that makes the most sense to me.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Palemdromes posted:

No, I'm sorry.

Congrats, of all the trolls in the thread, you managed to make me angriest, quickest

Bravo rear end in a top hat

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Could pick go for a whole week without posting about herself in this thread?

I’d say no

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

hate hoot posted:

Please forgive my interruption of all of ...this, but I have a burning question for Pick and since this seems to be her main parlor I'll just go for it before I explode of curiosity:

Pick. Are/were you Chicken? (If not, I once knew your spiritual twin on a forum long ago)

No way this isn't a weird parachute account

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m extremely confused, how is this not all your fault.

Did the kid get out in the changeover?

babysitter arrives at house, parents still home. Baby sitter gets settled in with kid in living room or such while parents are still doing last minute stuff before taking off, parents leave door open when they leave. Somewhere along the line babysitter is in the bathroom or such and kid wanders out.

best I got

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

I’d say no

I mean it would be easier if the thread could go like five minutes without talking about her.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

HazCat posted:

I mean it would be easier if the thread could go like five minutes without talking about her.

It is a toxic relationship, fitting for this thread.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

100%* of parents who have dropped their spouse of at work then let their kid broil to death in the backseat because they forgot the kid was there also believed this. So did every gun owner whose kid shoot a neighbor in the face. Also, every parent of a kid who drowned in the family pool, or made it from the porch to the street in the eight seconds mom or dad was distracted.

* Except for the ones who did it on purpose.

Cake dad is a moron, but he's well within normal human moron parameters. Mom is still right to be pissed, and should pin notes to the kids and leave bi-hourly voicemails every time the twins are alone with him.

this would be almost understandable/forgivable* if the OP realized the mistake when his ex wife was gesticulating wildly towards the cake he had just sampled and going "you still don't see the problem?", but the OP still not getting it at that point kinda tipped it so far past the line of dad who clearly doesn't give a poo poo about his kids that he probably visits once a month at best.

*honestly I feel like unless it was literally "I didn't realize it was chocolate" it'd be p unforgivable. My brother had a bad allergic reaction to a strawberry poptart when I was like 6 and I still remember that poo poo nearly a quarter of a century later and I wasn't the one responsible for feeding him. Like I even remember what we were doing when it happened because it was a significant event that stuck with you. Even as a child I was on the lookout for strawberry flavorings and loudly proclaiming my brother couldn't have those.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 23, 2018

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
haha whoa this is the good poo poo, I tried to bold but no line is not insane

My [23f] boyfriend [23m] of a year has a fetish that is out of control

quote:

We have dated since I met him when I moved to his city for my job after college. I figured out within the first few months he had this fetish. His fetish is called financial domination. Basically it's about women controlling his money and budget, but this summer it changed. Now it's expanded into pretty much every commercial exchange he has with a woman.

At first it was things I'd participate in like setting a weekly budget for him, or since he liked me telling him to buy me something I'd sometimes ask if he could get me a small thing like makeup off amazon. He loved this but wanted more. So he also insisted I have his bank info and all his account information. I did not want this but he emailed it to me anyway. I deleted it and never have done anything with it. Then it was he wanted me to demand a part of his paycheck from him (by transferring funds out of his account to mine myself.) This made me uncomfortable, he doesn't make a lot of money to begin with. Again he refused my refusal and would write checks to me for ridiculous amounts of cash that I just tore up. We talked and I explained I wasn't comfortable with that level of control. He said he understood and he hasn't pressured me to accept money since then.

But he seems to have a need to give women money. His fetish is now more about that, than about me setting guidelines for his spending or giving him an "allowance" from his funds. Basically he specifically gets off on giving women his money and knowing they can now spend it and he can't. I guess it's some kind of power thing. Since I wouldn't accept money from him, I recently found out he's now been going out to all kinds of stores and buying stuff so that paying for it with a female cashier feels to him like he's giving his money to a woman.

I have a few big worries about this because he's not in the greatest financial situation already to begin with, now that he's doing this, excessive spending is an obvious problem now. He doesn't even care about what he buys. Sometimes it's things he needs like groceries or things that are reasonable to get but other times he said he "just feels this urge" to hand over his money and it's not about the stuff he's buying, anything will do. He said he'd pay women without even buying anything from them but knows they'd find that weird and not take it.

My other worry is I know obviously this is highly sexual for him. I told him it's weird to bring his sexual fantasy into a public place. He said he didn't do anything sexual towards the women, then he said if he really needs to he just jacks off in his car after buying stuff. This made me really alarmed because it seems like it's becoming compulsive. He said he wouldn't have to do this if I'd just accept his donations. But I won't do that so there's no compromise.

He gets his next paycheck Friday and has almost nothing in his account right now. He'd had some small savings when we met, now those are all gone. Most of his paycheck goes to the crap he buys to act out the fetish. I can't support him because my job doesn't pay that well either and I don't want to be constantly worried about his money problems when they're so avoidable.

What the hell do I do here?

TL;DR: My boyfriend's fetish (a variant of financial domination) has gotten out of control in my opinion and is wreaking havoc on his bank account. How can I help him be more responsible about money and find other ways to satisfy himself sexually?

normal society

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My fetish is women dominating my butt.

*pushes rear end against you until you're backed in a corner crying*

dudeness fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 23, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

normal society

markets are completely rational

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

this would be almost understandable/forgivable* if the OP realized the mistake when his ex wife was gesticulating wildly towards the cake he had just sampled and going "you still don't see the problem?", but the OP still not getting it at that point kinda tipped it so far past the line of dad who clearly doesn't give a poo poo about his kids that he probably visits once a month at best.

*honestly I feel like unless it was literally "I didn't realize it was chocolate" it'd be p unforgivable. My brother had a bad allergic reaction to a strawberry poptart when I was like 6 and I still remember that poo poo nearly a quarter of a century later and I wasn't the one responsible for feeding him. Like I even remember what we were doing when it happened because it was a significant event that stuck with you. Even as a child I was on the lookout for strawberry flavorings and loudly proclaiming my brother couldn't have those.

He might be a lovely part-time dad. That’s entirely possible. I don’t think that’s a requirement for this sort of mistake, including the brain fart when mom is trying to prompt his memory.

He’s a fuckup, either way, and mom should make sure he doesn’t forget a second time. Maybe something with a branding iron.

Edit: That findom one is hilarious right up until the end, where it seems like that poor girl’s only concern is that she can’t help her boyfriend because her job doesn’t pay well, either. Then, it’s just sad.

That dolt is about two weeks away from running up to random women in the streets and reverse-mugging them. “This is an up-stick! Just take all my money, and I can go jerk.”

Veni Vidi Ameche! fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 23, 2018

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

normal society
If the obvious option of dump his rear end is off the table why can't she just take the comedy option of taking the money and ironically investing/using it wisely. Financially dominate him into a secure future.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Just FYI, all Pokémon since 2002 are now able to be stored in the cloud, so it's his own fault if he's missing them. Any Pokémon before that wouldn't be playable on a DS anyway.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I’d say no

Shh, don't discourage it. Pick is interesting to read...on many levels...and even friends I have outside of SA sometimes wanna hear poo poo about her life.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

ArbitraryC posted:

If the obvious option of dump his rear end is off the table why can't she just take the comedy option of taking the money and ironically investing/using it wisely. Financially dominate him into a secure future.

Even if she did that he would still waste any money he had. These kind of fetishes just escalate. You would have to take away all ability for him to spend any money for it to work.

I would go with the “dump him” plan.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Catalina posted:

Shh, don't discourage it. Pick is interesting to read...on many levels...and even friends I have outside of SA sometimes wanna hear poo poo about her life.

Maybe she could write a blog!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I lost all my Pokemon and it sucked pretty bad, but there is a point where it's best to make a clean break. There's a point where it's best to enjoy games to your own satisfaction and accept that they end eventually.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm surprised that one kid actually liked the beer. I remember taking a swig of my dad's beer when I was like seven or eight years old and it completely grossed me out.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Making a clean break is good, but sometimes you'll get a shiny or you'll catch the Pokérus -- both of which are pretty unlikely and pretty awesome -- and you won't want to write over it because you don't know if it'll ever happen again under non-hack circumstances.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Playing games whether they're long or short basically just gets budgeted into the time I'd have spent with other mindless consumerism at best or getting into dumb slap fights on SA at worst so I don't really get the specific flack for it.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
hot take re: cake dad incoming.

I don't believe chocolate allergies are real.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Making a clean break is good, but sometimes you'll get a shiny or you'll catch the Pokérus -- both of which are pretty unlikely and pretty awesome -- and you won't want to write over it because you don't know if it'll ever happen again under non-hack circumstances.

I caught a shiny Magikarp.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Wasn't there a post in this thread that someone was raised that they're highly allergic to chocolate, and it turns out they're fine and their parents just didn't want them to get fat

e: yes, except not for weight control, but as a tool to sue a childcare center: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=319&perpage=40#post467883001

bell jar fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 23, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

bell jar posted:

e: yes, except not for weight control, but as a tool to sue a childcare center: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=319&perpage=40#post467883001

Holy gently caress

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

hate hoot posted:

I hope there's a budding love story with AU Pick.

I live for that crap

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

bell jar posted:

Wasn't there a post in this thread that someone was raised that they're highly allergic to chocolate, and it turns out they're fine and their parents just didn't want them to get fat

One of the best posts in the thread.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

I’d say no

Everything we post is about ourselves.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bell jar posted:

:yikes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Exactly my thoughts, too.

All too common sadly :(

EDIT: Looks like the original was from Slate, so it's unlikely we'll ever see any kind of update.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 23, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

blarzgh posted:

What I found turn up on Google said that they are real, but extremely rare, and it is even rarer to have a life threatening chocolate allergy.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

bell jar posted:

Totally forgot about this one. :holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I lost all my Pokemon and it sucked pretty bad, but there is a point where it's best to make a clean break. There's a point where it's best to enjoy games to your own satisfaction and accept that they end eventually.

Yep, it's over. The reason I know it's over is that I have ALL the Pokémon, and have since Soul Silver.

look, my list of accomplishments is not long