Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
https://twitter.com/NoLore/status/1054425307179028482?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Nora is a 10/10 follow in both twitter and podcast form

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

this is all 100% correct, fyi

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I don't know if I'd say gender is the most fundamental tool to controlling the population.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I don't know if I'd say gender is the most fundamental tool to controlling the population.

As a man whose lived on the fringes of what is considered acceptably masculine I can say its pretty powerful, but its generally applied as subtle coercion. I would say it is the fundamental tool, it maintains and stabilizes all other tools. It requires two stable binaries that ruthlessly police the action of their gender and the other gender, making sure there is little room for those that break this structure. It is breaking down, but access to basically any power or advancement in our society depends of your adherence to this system, look at how important the traditional family is in politics.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassyC/status/1054374366547333121

russia is rightfully calling us hypocrites for selectively imposing the anti democratic international legal order by legalizing weed

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol

https://twitter.com/MaximeBernier/status/1055104796288524288

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
CBC fact check: It also comes out your butt

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thank god for that man🙏

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

In looking at the list of target objectives, there isn't a significant amount of "wiggle room" left for Manitobans to reduce GHG emissions and it would appear too that the cancelled carbon tax probably wouldn't have made much impact, either. Bottom line - Mr. Pallister seems to have done the thing in dropping his Made In Manitoba carbon tax. Now to get rid of other albatrosses hung around Manitobans' necks, like MPI for starters. To his credit in that regard, Pallister seems to have recently acknowledged that government doesn't belong meddling in free enterprise, with his approach to removing a provincial government requirement that work on government projects must be done by union members. This also implies that Manitoba Government needs to get out of the auto insurance monopoly it holds and let free enterprise provide that service. Moves the costs of employee benefits and pensions off of Manitobans to private enterprise, gets rid of costs of maintenance and repairs to government offices and buildings occupied by MPI. Opens up competitive rates for auto insurance to all Manitobans that up to now are not even allowed to quote to Manitoba drivers. Good drivers will benefit. Time for a change here!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
signed, the cato institute

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

With the fancy socks and proclivity for faerienesse, the only thing missing (dress wise) is the man bun. He’s a fecking snowboarder, and this is just one of the indications, he’s just not ready. To defend anything about this traitorous worm, shows your lack of mental capacity.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
God drat Canada

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ill Peripheral posted:

God drat Canada

What

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-AMYos0Js&t=113s

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

this owns bones

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

THC posted:

With the fancy socks and proclivity for faerienesse, the only thing missing (dress wise) is the man bun. He’s a fecking snowboarder, and this is just one of the indications, he’s just not ready. To defend anything about this traitorous worm, shows your lack of mental capacity.

turn on your monitor

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

we should have all known obama was a fake after he threw reverend wright under the bus

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Embracing blackness to court the heartland racist vote, interesting strategy :thunk:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

THC posted:

we should have all known obama was a fake after he threw reverend wright under the bus

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

DEBT-O-MATIC

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1055507489892970497

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

looks suspiciously like the science-o-matic the cons were feeding the sum of canadian knowledge into during their tenure

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
wait but if a debtomatic is bad then why do i have a heloc

- conservative baby boomers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Also they lied about electoral reform

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

you guys need to goto http://liberaldebt.ca :discourse:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
up the ziggurat lickety split

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

VS

:thunk:

e: beaten

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

i dont understand the pixellated disco ball

i did an actual graph of deficits, im pretty sure harpers -55 billion is still the largest in history

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"harper's" 55 billion deficit was a combination of "the Great Recession" and the opposition parties forcing him to do stimulus spending, it's not like the CPC went on a wild spending spree unprompted

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Quit letting facts get in the way of facebook memes.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he already ran up a large deficit before the GFC by cutting GST by a paltry amount

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no, the 2006 and 2007 budgets were balanced.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

"harper's" 55 billion deficit was a combination of "the Great Recession" and the opposition parties forcing him to do stimulus spending, it's not like the CPC went on a wild spending spree unprompted

i never said why it happened, i was just correcting the graph of deficit by year by government

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

FY2008-09 budget had a $5.8 billion deficit, before GFC and stimulus

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

THC posted:

FY2008-09 budget had a $5.8 billion deficit, before GFC and stimulus

The budget was forecast to be balanced in February when it was introduced, but uh well revenues fell quite short of expectations when "the entire world economy" crashed midway through the fiscal year.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

no, the 2006 and 2007 budgets were balanced.

To be clear, you're arguing that Harper gets credit for the balanced budgets in 06 and 07 but in 08 the opposition forced him to do a stimulus package.

But the CPC was a minority government all 3 of those years? You can't have it both ways.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

idk that I'd call it "credit" but yes, that's very much what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
who gives a poo poo about balanced budgets