Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

tooterfish posted:

I know you're trying to imply this guy's a loser because he has a picture of a videogame on his wall.

But if you think about it, joke's on you.

drat, I just looked around my office and realized I don't have a picture of a videogame on any of my walls. I think you might be right.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

big nipples big life posted:

It's funny how the used car salesman meme fits so well with Croberts. It's almost like...

Mr Griswold, this is Star Citizen, a AAAA game. If you hate it now, wait til you play it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have pictures of dogs on my wall at home.

Who woulda guessed

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Renegret posted:

I have pictures of dogs on my wall at home.

Who woulda guessed

Same. And also a picture of a stingray and this picture I got in Alaska where they painted a trout and then used it like a stamp. It's p cool.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That statement is just rubbish and no idea why citizens cling to it.

It should be: A delayed game might be eventually good or it might be bad, a rushed game can be bad, but it can be good.

The reality of the situation with SC is, its not rushed, its positively crawling along, and its still bad. At some point in the future, there might be a good game come out of this, but that remains to be seen.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

I always liked his performance as Cock Knocker

Quality film. Especially the part where the jovos knock on that old womans door and her response to them.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

What you'll notice if you hang out for a while is that most of the ships now sell for basically the same price as the store. It used to be way higher, but CIG sells and sells and sells so hard that they have undercut any profiteering in that realm. So the best you can do is buy at a lower rate, sell at the store rate. The grey marketers don't give a poo poo, remember they're just middlemanning for some other guy, he takes a loss and they get their 10% or whatever.

The only money left to be made is in the actual rare poo poo- either first runs of stuff, or stuff they will never sell directly again like the Idris-M. You will still see substantial markups on those.

Hence the two tier approach of a lower priced item for everyone, and the limited edition hull for the speculator. I wonder how many of the Kraken were actually comped?

That grey market is the key to everything, as it's one of the few viable ways that you _could_ launder cash through this.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beet Goblin posted:

drat, I just looked around my office and realized I don't have a picture of a videogame on any of my walls.
Neither does he...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Goblin posted:

Same. And also a picture of a stingray and this picture I got in Alaska where they painted a trout and then used it like a stamp. It's p cool.

Now I just have an image of someone slapping a trout onto some paperwork.

Alaska is a strange and backward place.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Now I just have an image of someone slapping a trout onto some paperwork.

Alaska is a strange and backward place.

"Hey can you run downstairs and get this notarized?"

tooterfish posted:

Neither does he...

lmfao

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God, they're so close to being self-aware here

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FrequentScientificBedbug-mobile.mp4

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Basically: "We don't give poo poo about any sort of real community engagement, the whales we have snared are hopeless rubes who will buy whatever new $1000+ JPEG we release, as long as we put out some low effort videos showing that our glacial farce of game development continues."

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 23, 2018

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

no_recall posted:

Released the Kraken : $ 3,730,250.00

Still in the running
Nyast Allright, I'm betting on 4m.
Bofast Approximately $3,918,456.27
Sarsapariller This will be the most successful Citizen Con ever held. I'm predicting 5 millo.
space-X-chicken my estimation is $3,918,456.26
Infected As such my final guess will be another $200 Million Dollar for the project.
Quavers $4.242m
BeigeJacket $5.638 million dollars.
Beet Wagon 4M
his nibs 5.45 million crobears
Nanako the Narc I’m going to bet it’ll be a cool $10 million
The Titanic My estimation for CitCon this year is 7M.
peter gabriel This year CIG will make $5.98 from citizencon or whatever it is called.
Trilobite $5.2m.
Kosumo $6.8 million
Blue On Blue 5m
G0RF $3.75 million, real or imagined.
Combat Theory 7.5 million because I want this circus to continue for another year or 2
AutismVaccine $3.888 million
Breetai 4.2 million.It's been my favourite number since I was a little girl.
stingtwo Put me down for 4.8 million
kw0134 let's put in for 4.2i million dollars.
Thoatse 4,202,407.69
Iceclaw 4,2 millions. My favourite number!
biglads They will pull in somewhere between 1.488m and 69.420m
Deadguy2322 $42,042,042.42
Mr Fronts My guess is $4,204,204.20
Wuxi Alright, put me down for 3.83mil
crisp roberts Citcon will make 6.1 Million. This is the truth brought to you by OCS.
Axegrinder Can you put me down for $6.2 million please? Insanity futures are looking bullish!
Neltharak Put me down for 3.75 million, pathfinder nerd oblige
tuo put me down for 5.1mil. OCS+FOIP will open wallets left and right
Koil I know they will get 4.19 million credits this time
Lack of Gravitas I'll put in for $6.66 million, hail satan

e:
:rip:
Sectopod 2.567 M$

gently caress me, my guess is looking real solid. When will this farce be over? Two weeks?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

colonelwest posted:

Basically: "We don't give poo poo about any sort of real community engagement, the whales we have snared are hopeless rubes who will buy whatever new $1000+ JPEG we release, as long as we put out some low effort videos showing that our glacial farce of game development continues."

It makes me happy that CIG has figured out that it can treat all of its customers like total poo poo and they will still queue up to be the first to buy a 1400 dollar jpeg. I want them to see how far they can push it, maybe in a couple years they can address the letters from the chairbear like "Hey stupid rear end with too much money,"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Good god.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Imagine in any other company the head of community engagement complaining about work talk on his "personal" Twitter account. What the hell does that even mean anyway?

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Jesus loving Christ?

Really?

There are PLENTY of valid issues and criticisms of Star Citizen. Anyone thinking otherwise is a loving mororn.

here are some from a loving supporter:

1.) performance still sucks
2.) You still fall thru the drat floors of ships.
3.) Weapons are totally unbalanced, some just don't work at all (missiles & torpedoes for example)
4.) Ships still are unbalanced and do not provide a Level of depth between airframes (meaning currently playing a heavy ship is like playing a light fighter still). Yes this is getting better but its not all there.
5.) Very limited exploration. We have what, three moons and some asteroids? Uh... yeah...
6.) Q-drive is loving broken. Why the gently caress do we keep getting dumped out at the same drat place regardless of where we enter Q-drive.
7.) Where are the Jump Points? Oh yeah, see option 6.
8.) Missions are loving broken. Some badly

Should I go on?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Imagine in any other company the head of community engagement complaining about work talk on his "personal" Twitter account. What the hell does that even mean anyway?

I wouldn't be surprised if he got told to deal with it and is trying to couch the terms of his response with "don't do this over twitter" so he doesn't get told to deal with it again. After all, if it's not on Spectrum the community team can't bury or remove it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

EvilMerlin posted:

Jesus loving Christ?

Really?

There are PLENTY of valid issues and criticisms of Star Citizen. Anyone thinking otherwise is a loving mororn.

3.) Weapons are totally unbalanced, some just don't work at all (missiles & torpedoes for example)
4.) Ships still are unbalanced and do not provide a Level of depth between airframes (meaning currently playing a heavy ship is like playing a light fighter still). Yes this is getting better but its not all there.
5.) Very limited exploration. We have what, three moons and some asteroids? Uh... yeah...
6.) Q-drive is loving broken. Why the gently caress do we keep getting dumped out at the same drat place regardless of where we enter Q-drive.

Should I go on?

Forgot to change your account?

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Apparently someone turned Christ Roberts' image into a stamp as well:

Except the full sentence should read "Hello! Send me money!"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EvilMerlin posted:

Should I go on?

Nope

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EvilMerlin posted:

Jesus loving Christ?

Really?

Should I go on?

Don't fret, my dude. This is the same old routine that happens after every Citizencon - from now until like February, every 10th thread on /r/starcitizen is going to be a naked attempt to rally the troops and subtly diminish all criticism based on progress shown. It's like the world's lamest team-building exercise.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
nice meltdown marvin

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
marvin haggled

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Nobody can pull off Poe for very long around Citizens.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Huh?

For fucks sake, just because I backed Star Citizen and actually have fun playing it even in Alpha doesn't mean I'm loving blind, stupid or retarded. Give me a loving break.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EvilMerlin posted:

doesn't mean I'm loving blind, stupid or retarded.

Yes you are

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

his nibs posted:

nice meltdown marvin

Its not a meltdown, its the simple fact that morons that claim that there are no issues with SC at this time are either blind or willfully spreading FUD. And its just as much bullshit as people claiming the game is just a scam.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Eat a dick.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

EvilMerlin posted:

Eat a dick.

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EvilMerlin posted:

Huh?

For fucks sake, just because I backed Star Citizen and actually have fun playing it even in Alpha doesn't mean I'm loving blind, stupid or retarded. Give me a loving break.

beg to differ

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

EvilMerlin posted:

Its not a meltdown, its the simple fact that morons that claim that there are no issues with SC at this time are either blind or willfully spreading FUD. And its just as much bullshit as people claiming the game is just a scam.

:allears:

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Beg all you want. I'm sure you are used to it.

Yep, I enjoy playing Star Citizen as it is today.
Yep, I know its not complete, that it is very late, and that it is full of bugs.

OMG. Imagine that.

But I also know its not a scam. Or rather I should say, I have no evidence that it is a scam at this time and still feel comfortable not requesting a refund.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course
He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse
He's going the distance
No trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine
He's haunted by something he cannot define

'Cause he's going the distance
He's going for speed

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Are we polling? Because also on the skeptical side.

A constituency of one, yelling into the darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

EvilMerlin posted:

Beg all you want. I'm sure you are used to it.

Is this "beating the griefers"?