Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

It sort of dawned on me this morning that, in addition to this sure-to-be-incredible game coming out, we'll also be blessed with a brand new sure-to-be-incredible soundtrack. The scores for LA Noire, GTA5, RDR, and Undead Nightmare pop up in my Soundtrack playlist frequently (which I listen to almost exclusively at work) and they're all incredible. Especially the LA Noire soundtrack, that album legit has some of my favorite pieces ever on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wezmon
Dec 31, 2007
More info on day one patch from Rockstar's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1054706163797811200?s=19

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
also blurb from r* newswire yesterday about the honor system: https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60630/Honor-in-Red-Dead-Redemption-2

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I hope honor lets you react to each situation however you want. Unlike, say, Infamous where you basically had to decide right away to either be good all the time or evil all the time.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
spoilers for Friday:

I am going to play this game

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

gey muckle mowser posted:

spoilers for Friday:

That is outrageous, I hope it's true.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

timp posted:

It sort of dawned on me this morning that, in addition to this sure-to-be-incredible game coming out, we'll also be blessed with a brand new sure-to-be-incredible soundtrack. The scores for LA Noire, GTA5, RDR, and Undead Nightmare pop up in my Soundtrack playlist frequently (which I listen to almost exclusively at work) and they're all incredible. Especially the LA Noire soundtrack, that album legit has some of my favorite pieces ever on it.

But this one won't have all saints with pure shores

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I hope this game isn't a new GTA V with the trillion writers syndrome.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I upgraded my PS4 Pro drive to a 2TB SSHD, and I think this will be the first title to really make it matter. I own God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn on discs, but purchased RDR2 digitally.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Disc vs digital is irrelevant to performance, it's only about convenience

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

spoilers for Friday:

pre-order cancelled

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

spoilers for Friday:

We knew they'd kill him off anyway.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Blimpkin posted:

I upgraded my PS4 Pro drive to a 2TB SSHD, and I think this will be the first title to really make it matter. I own God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn on discs, but purchased RDR2 digitally.

Disc games also install to the HD and don't read off the disc as they play; there's zero difference

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm a bit anxious to see just how dramatically better the pro version is, on the fence about upgrading my PS4. I'm sure it'll still look awesome on my standard PS4 but that hdr is so good in all the released media.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah, I'm only getting physical because I have a couple gift cards lying around. Generally I prefer digital but my internet is so crappy I won't be able to play this on launch day either way.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Has anyone done the GTA Online challenges to unlock that stuff in RDR2? How quick and/or easy are they to run through?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Very Easy. You do the quest to get the item and then you murder NPCs for like 10 minutes. The gun one is a scavenger hunt, while the axe one is a multi-stage hunt and capture mission, but neither takes all that long. The only annoying part may be waiting on the in-game emails for the axe mission.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

ElwoodCuse posted:

GTAV for PS3 had a bunch of performance issues that only occurred if you played it on digital, for what it's worth.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

GTAV for PS3 had a bunch of performance issues that only occurred if you played it on digital, for what it's worth.

Because the PS3 wasn't designed to install games 100% to the hard drive

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Donovan Trip posted:

I'm a bit anxious to see just how dramatically better the pro version is, on the fence about upgrading my PS4. I'm sure it'll still look awesome on my standard PS4 but that hdr is so good in all the released media.

Me too, I've held off on buying a Pro and now it feels like PS5 will be announced within a year or so anyway. It's hard to justify the cost just for some extra frames, or even 4k. It would be nice to be given a reason in RDR2, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

Main difference and reason to upgrade is going to be performance. Newer AAA games are starting to be sluggish and perform poorly on standard PS4 and Xbox.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I upgraded to a Pro over the summer, largely in anticipation of this game (and Spider-man and God of War which I hadn't played yet) but also because I finally got a big 4k TV and I wanted to take full advantage.

oh and also because I make poor financial decisions.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Current consensus on PS5 seems to be 2020, with some insiders saying 2019 was the original plan.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

spoilers for Friday:

Come on man what the gently caress

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I bought a SSHD for this game, wondering what the load times will be.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

My review of the pro + 4k screen so far, having started replays of a bunch of games I originally played on a 5 year old low-tier 1080p screen.

It's great. I love it. It makes me really happy. I thought HDR would be mostly a gimmick but I get it now.

If you have a ps4 already, I'd say it's definitely not worth it if the money would, say, put you in a lovely situation if your car broke down, or if you already have substantial credit card debt. I like it, but it's not THAT great.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

another gameplay leak

https://streamable.com/ghs84

bit spoilery, not much, but fyi

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKTQJ0SnyLg

A little snippet of some Playstation preorder stuff

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Bardeh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKTQJ0SnyLg

A little snippet of some Playstation preorder stuff

If that's a little snippet of what an online character can look like then it looks like player models have improved from GTA Online, thank loving God.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The song in that snippet is so fuckin cool

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the music sounds fantastic in that leaked clip

also for anyone who's watched Yellowstone, Arthur Morgan gives me a real Rip Wheeler vibe which is great because Rip Wheeler owns

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hobo Clown posted:

Has anyone done the GTA Online challenges to unlock that stuff in RDR2? How quick and/or easy are they to run through?

Yeah like Babe Magnet said they’re easy. I’m pretty sure you can look up the scavenger hunt locations online once you’ve started the quest, the thing that took the longest for me was driving to and fro for the bounty hunter missions for the hatchet. All the kills for both challenges can be against NPC civilians, and both weapon challenges can be done in private lobbies.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure the locations just show on the map

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ZeusCannon posted:

Pretty sure the locations just show on the map

You’re probably right, I could well be thinking of something else entirely.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/8i164

https://streamable.com/i2xti

I dunno if it's just the recording, or maybe it's running on a base console, but it does look quite framey

E: the person who posted them said it's running on a base PS4

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 23, 2018

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Bardeh posted:

https://streamable.com/8i164

https://streamable.com/i2xti

I dunno if it's just the recording, or maybe it's running on a base console, but it does look quite framey

E: the person who posted them said it's running on a base PS4

Lmao the "interaction" in the bathtub. This game.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I wonder if his balls dynamically change size with the temperature of the water

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think we all know the answer to that.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Cultural Marxist posted:

Yeah like Babe Magnet said they’re easy. I’m pretty sure you can look up the scavenger hunt locations online once you’ve started the quest, the thing that took the longest for me was driving to and fro for the bounty hunter missions for the hatchet. All the kills for both challenges can be against NPC civilians, and both weapon challenges can be done in private lobbies.

I haven't played GTAV in probably over a year and would have to reinstall it (and last time I tried it I had a hard time relearning the controls for some reason), so I'd hope this is something quick I could bang out in an hour. Preferably in a private lobby so I'm not dealing with other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I've been wondering why it was included but now I'm hoping that New Austin is an especially lawless area that will functionally take the spiritual place of Mexico in RDR2.