Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

goferchan posted:

Yeah Tim Rogers got them to fix the steam version considerably

Thank you T-Roj.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
seeing twewy back has made me relisten to the soundtrack and im desperate to play it again but have no DS so I'm considering hooking up my drawing tablet and doing some hosed up WASD + tablet nonsense just to relive that amazing gameplay

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

seeing twewy back has made me relisten to the soundtrack and im desperate to play it again but have no DS so I'm considering hooking up my drawing tablet and doing some hosed up WASD + tablet nonsense just to relive that amazing gameplay

get a switch but never dock it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

Pm me your address and I'll send you a white DSi XL for free, if you like. I have three of them and I'll never use it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I really appreciate the offer but i live in argentina and i dont know what customs regulations work at all

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Pm me your address and I'll send you a white DSi XL for free, if you like. I have three of them and I'll never use it

thats a nice offer but im sure arfjason will immediately be imprisoned in an argentinian gulag for planning a saddam hussein style super computer array the moment that hits customs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

thats a nice offer but im sure arfjason will immediately be imprisoned in an argentinian gulag for planning a saddam hussein style super computer array the moment that hits customs

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh geez hahaha

Well if the postal system ever changes over there let me know lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Locked Up Abroad episode about this guy smuggling a 2DSi XL into Argentina

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

ive heard the other releases of chrono trigger are bad or botch it in some way? is snes still the definitive way to play it?

Yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
The ds version is fine but they chamged the ted woosley script which was fine Imo . The extracontent is bad but you can ignore it unless you really want to see schala in lavos's lead and do some terrible copy past dungeons

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

One of the new dungeons in Chrono Trigger DS is kinda bad, and one of them is ultra bad. I know this because I finished both of them. It's a good port though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember the SNL skit when Evita came out and they started singing and afterwards Norm Macdonald as Juan Peron was like what the hell was that lol.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The PS1 version (and any of the digital versions on any sony console) have really bad loading times (for a game that's 2mb lol) and kind of iffy audio. They added fmv scenes but those can be seen on the DS version

The phone ports look like poo poo and play like poo poo too. A coder figured out why an snes rom was 800 MB and square made all of the audio uncompressed wav files to pad the file size lol

I'd argue the DS one is the way to play it, but someone has already made an msu1 version of the game. So if you have an sd2snes, you can play Chrono Trigger on an actual snes with the cut scenes and an orchestrated soundtrack if you like.

It sucks that the extra DS stuff sucks so bad. The extra stuff in the gba link to the past was amazing, as was the FF6 gba port. But I'm guessing its because the latter was actually done by Nintendo and not square who seem to half rear end anything related to their old games

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember the SNL skit when Evita came out and they started singing and afterwards Norm Macdonald as Juan Peron was like what the hell was that lol.

Lmao

Reminds me of a similar one was when norm was one of the guys in a street gang mimicking West Side Story and after they're done singing a song he says "while you were over there singing and dancing I was stabbed by a Puerto Rican"

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 23, 2018

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

bahahaha

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqm2fh

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Juan Peron: No! No, not your singing voice! It has nothing to do with your voice! These people don’t need singing. You know what they need? They need an iron fist! They must be treated ruthlessly! They’re filthy, stinking animals! [ to revolting crowd ] Not you people, the other people! You, I, I like! [ to General ] Okay, look, I will speak, and no singing! People of Buenos Aires! [ clapping becomes rythmic ]

Juan Peron: Bodyguards! [ they surround him ] Ha! Now, try anything, and my bodyguards will rip you to pieces like this! [ snaps fingers, as bodyguards prance away from him ] Ha.. This is not good.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i bought a DSi XL in 2018 to have the best possible DS experience but also to play Chrono Trigger for the first time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DSi is the best piece of hardware Nintendo has ever produced in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Even better than the SP.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The defense minister, nicknamed Buenos Bob, denies that the package ever even reached Argentina and also claims that he totally beat NES Battletoads in 2-player with President Macri.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the DSi XL is durable as hell and just everything about it is like luxury levels of quality on it. They really were marketing it to 50+ year olds who want to play Brain Age. They even made little leather cases for it

I modded mine a month or two ago because a custom firmware finally came out for it. It was a pretty ridiculous process (you had to press copy and paste in Flipnote Studio exactly 122 times or some poo poo like that) but considering there's gba and gb hardware still inside the DSi XL I'm really excited to see what GB and GBA games look like in their native resolutions but on huge screens

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
trust me if i had any idea what the gently caress im doing id take that dsi in a heartbeat

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
ok, if you change your mind i'll even mod it for you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rumors of another smash direct on 11/8. stocking up ramen for the next few weeks

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

extremebuff posted:

rumors of another smash direct on 11/8. stocking up ramen for the next few weeks

Bullshit. I didn’t hear anything about this. Where’s your source, rear end in a top hat?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

what characters could even be left at this point. is there gonna be a monhun one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

what characters could even be left at this point. is there gonna be a monhun one

look at this fool who isn't well versed in the Box Theory.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Doomguy

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The best Christmas gift I’ve ever purchased was a DSi xl for my gf while I was on vacation in Japan before it was available in the states

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Bullshit. I didn’t hear anything about this. Where’s your source, rear end in a top hat?

theres a leak pic of the smash direct banner with that date going around twitter but, it's super easy to shop something like that lol. feels like an appropriate date for the last big reveals before launch though

Tales of Woe posted:

ever since the Cloud and Bayo crossovers the sky's the limit really.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also they haven't talked about the SP at all and judging from all thesubspace style cinematics there's obviously going to be a big sp/co-op component they could talk about

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they havent even mentioned trophies

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How many collectables already, Nintendo? *punches desk*

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i want the last couple chars to be stuff i like but have a sinking feeling it's gonna be like the Minecraft guy and a Pokemon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minecraft Steve would be hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

quote:

In a recent Famitsu interview, SEGA’s Naoki Horii said that the company is close to successfully making Dreamcast titles work on Nintendo Switch through emulation.

Thank you Sega