Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this is clearly the best ReDrop CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gologle posted:

That is probably the tamest Halloween Re:Drop art I've seen in this game.

It's not as memeable as trick or treatment or dangerous beast but it's still :eyepop:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The Rhinegold in F/GO is just...a pile of cursed gold? By Seigfried's time it was supposed to have been forged into The One Ring, one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness...bind them. This is really disappointing. Everything about Siegfried sucks again.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gologle posted:

The Rhinegold in F/GO is just...a pile of cursed gold? By Seigfried's time it was supposed to have been forged into The One Ring, one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness...bind them. This is really disappointing. Everything about Siegfried sucks again.

It's also the original foundation of all the Einzbern money.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gologle posted:

sumanai

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
i am extremely grateful that we are finally being given a ST caster welfare, and it's shuten even, god bless

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:same:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

Fishing Cu makes me so happy

What's a Sitonai though

Sitonai is an obscure Ainu myth (as in, obscure even for Ainu folklore in general) about (going off memory because I can't find the translator's post and there's literally no english source for it) a kamuiy (IIRC) that terrorized a small village, until one girl goes off with her dog companion to kill it (and succeeds).

That's why she's got Dragonslaying attributes (kamuiy are similed to both gods and dragons (Kanna from Maid Dragon is a Kamuiy, hence her surname)) and why she summoned Herk during LB2. It was her Illya part influencing Sitonai's animal companion ability..

We are expecting an overload of Golden Kamuiy jokes.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 23, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Releasing a ST Alter Ego right after a welfare NP5 ST alter ego.

I accidentally have all but Melt in the class. I dunno how that happened.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Gologle posted:

That is probably the tamest Halloween Re:Drop art I've seen in this game.

Her top is completely transparent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Her top is completely transparent.
have you seen re:drops other halloween art

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Endorph posted:

have you seen re:drops other halloween art

Yes. I consider bikinis to be tamer than practically bare titties.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yea but it's classy bare titties so it's fine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

:blastu: (Last year's Halloween Re:drop CE)

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Do Redrop even have an actual servant or are they just tagged in for the year's horny Halloween CE (and oni events, I guess)?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Redrop has not designed a servant, but they are called in to do CEs randomly. Halloween is the most consistent event they've been on (Every CE they've done becomes a meme, even Halloween Princess was for a bit), but they've done CEs for Valentine's, Nerofest, Ibaraki, and Summer before, they also did the Reika CE that gives you extra healing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh here it is. Man I got a lot of things wrong.

quote:

The only descriptions of Sitonai legend I managed to found are Japanese. Like http://ryujin.metasato.com/ryujin/092_otaru_temiya/ryujinDetail.html

Quite interesting legend - starting as typical story about village sacrificing maidens to monster (giant snake here) every year, but here instead of hero coming and saving everyone, Sitonai (youngest daughter of village headman) volunteered to be next sacrifice, went to snake's cave with her dog, set a trap for snake, killed it, and after that buried remains of previous sacrifices and lamented that girls before her were so weak that they was eaten by mere snake.

Sitonai is badass.

I can see why she got picked for FSN Illya.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

(Last year's Halloween Re:drop CE) :gizz:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kyte posted:

That's pretty rad. :fsn:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its very good

the ce

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kyte posted:

"We thought we were sacrificing a maiden to a snake, but we were actually sacrificing a snake to a maiden."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

It's also halfway the same legend as Yamato Orochi (Maidens get sacrificed to giant snake, hero saves the day with big sword), and Yamato Orochi is Shuten's father, so that's why Sitonai's being added in this event.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

SC Bracer posted:

her bear is named shirou

She should have/get also a second one called Heracles.

Actually, she should get a strengthening where randomly in her NP we get EMIYA or Heracles as the bear.
And an interlude where she horribly mauls Chloe (the latter will bounce back and try even harder later on)

What I'm saying is that it's good she's far away because I'm already tempted to actually whale for her and I'm strictly F2P.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Something occurred to me watching Sitonai's NP. She uses both a bow and a big (at least relatively) sword. The two classes called out as Herc's actual best options are Archer and Saber. If it's indicative of the rest of her animations, we might have Ilya fighting kind of like a non-Berserker Herc presumably would (except with more bears) and I really like that.

Also until it's explicitly denied, I'm 100% going with the assumption that the Shirou in her NP is literally the poor guy's soul shoved into a polar bear.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wow Muramasa confirmed for BLOCKED from your chaldea

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shiny777 posted:

Something occurred to me watching Sitonai's NP. She uses both a bow and a big (at least relatively) sword. The two classes called out as Herc's actual best options are Archer and Saber. If it's indicative of the rest of her animations, we might have Ilya fighting kind of like a non-Berserker Herc presumably would (except with more bears) and I really like that.

Also until it's explicitly denied, I'm 100% going with the assumption that the Shirou in her NP is literally the poor guy's soul shoved into a polar bear.

She does have a history of shoving his soul into a teddy bear, this is just the same thing scaled up somewhat.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kyte posted:

Sitonai is an obscure Ainu myth (as in, obscure even for Ainu folklore in general) about (going off memory because I can't find the translator's post and there's literally no english source for it) a kamuiy (IIRC) that terrorized a small village, until one girl goes off with her dog companion to kill it (and succeeds).

That's why she's got Dragonslaying attributes (kamuiy are similed to both gods and dragons (Kanna from Maid Dragon is a Kamuiy, hence her surname)) and why she summoned Herk during LB2. It was her Illya part influencing Sitonai's animal companion ability..

We are expecting an overload of Golden Kamuiy jokes.

so when are we going to get herc in a literal lion of olympus costume?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Shiny777 posted:

[x]

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

[x]

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sitoni final art is what you expect

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

A reasonably tasteful and not-at-all sexualized image since the baseline is Ilya and she might be technically 18 but nobody would or should buy that excuse?
:suicide:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Kuro now has two sisters to kiss with her skill.

https://twitter.com/gxfaithalex/status/1055034239182233600?s=19

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also yes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/hmhm_kykn81/status/1054756878566088704?s=19

it's a good base to work from

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This can almost certainly be thrown on the pile of "who cares" in terms of understanding the technical aspects and meta of this dumb game, but because I like getting into the weeds, I've been spending a lot of time over the past few weeks looking through the appmedia skill recommendations and something stood out to me a bit.

Okita, Orion, Kuro, and Shiki all have Mind's Eye (False) which boosts crit strength along with an evade. Same CD, just has the crit boost vary. Orion and Shiki have recommendations for getting it into 9, while the rest claim they don't need to go to 6, and I'm not sure why. I figured that with Skadi especially Okita's crit boosts would be given additional scrutiny. And if Orion has it at 9 because of her Archer weight, then why not Kuro as well? What about Shiki's kit makes hers desirable to boost all the way?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they were probably just written at different times by different people and never updated

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

And if Orion has it at 9 because of her Archer weight, then why not Kuro as well? What about Shiki's kit makes hers desirable to boost all the way?
Your Kuro should be at 10/10/10 anyway so...

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

That's unfair. Cu Chulainn's known to be the best at everything. I guess that also goes to fashion?

Though, I mean, look at Fisher Cu. I guess that's already known.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Still better than the Prisma Illya one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Ibaraki apparently shows up every now and then in welfare Shuten's NP.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentGeniusGiraffeBCouch