Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Burning_Monk posted:

Arsenal. Who sometimes shoots arrows sometimes doesn't.

So you could say he kinda...flip flops...on the subject?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

DoctorWhat posted:

Kevin Conroy Michael Keaton as Olde Bruce Wayne financing Kate Kane's Batwomaning because he's too decrepit to do it himself.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Keaton still looks great though.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
We need Keaton for the Batman Beyond movie, anyways. Can't let CWDC claim him and ruin the chances of that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe he is Bruce but not Batman.

Can't have Batman on CWniverse anyway. After 5 mins he'd be doxxed with groupies knocking on the batcaves front door.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

The Lord Bude posted:

So you could say he kinda...flip flops...on the subject?

:golfclap:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Phenotype posted:

Am I missing anyone? I think for most of it Oliver's been pretty much THE vigilante, the others have been obviously his sidekicks or murderous assholes.
You forgot Artemis. Of course she's probably dead, but Merlyn came back after supposedly dying in Season One, so who knows?

Oh, and Huntress. Who's in jail I think? Maybe? I mean, she's never coming back, so who cares.

Edit: Cupid doesn't count, because everyone knows she's a criminal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She used crossbows that's totally different.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Things in Star City that rose immediately after Ollie returned:
Bow and arrow related deaths and injuries
Tech thefts (I forget whether Central City is first or second in the nation at this point)
City destroying events

Edit: I feel like a really good gag would've been if William mentioned an Archery club at his school starting and that he joined

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Aphrodite posted:

She used crossbows that's totally different.
So did Black Arrow Black Green Arrow Diggle.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xelkelvos posted:

Things in Star City that rose immediately after Ollie returned:

They've also gone through something like five mayors in as many years, not counting the candidate who was stabbed by the superpowered hitman/crime boss.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Everyone shut up and look at this picture.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The return of Flash dad?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I'm glad they brought Colton Hayes back.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

:hellyeah:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Everything with prison Oliver is good but the other little pieces on the show are starting to slip and I'm worried.

I've said it before but with every episode more and more I feel like I must've been holding onto a cursed monkey's paw back in season 2 when I thought "gosh I like this Felicity girl, I hope she's around more"

Also, so there's no way that Oliver's prison friend isn't either working for Diaz or the big bad this season, right?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Finally the buff flash we deserve.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So the Longbow Hunters are a guy with a shield, a woman with utility darts for every situation, and a stealthy martial artist? I feel like I've seen these folks somewhere before.

I loved Brickwell's face at the end there. Arrow in jail is great in all the ways Flash in jail wasn't.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 23, 2018

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Another solid episode.

Arrow...good?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The audio tricks with the sound-nullifying belt were fun and reminded me of Shriek from Batman Beyond.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So are the Longbow Hunters dudes who are really good with longbows, or dudes that stole longbows one time and everyone started calling them that?

Because not one longbow was used this episode. Nor do any of them have the muscle structure to use one to the fullest extent.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I thought they were people who hunted longbows...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ApeHawk posted:

So are the Longbow Hunters dudes who are really good with longbows, or dudes that stole longbows one time and everyone started calling them that?

Because not one longbow was used this episode. Nor do any of them have the muscle structure to use one to the fullest extent.

Pretty sure Roy had a longbow, but i didn't get a good look at it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

GreenNight posted:

Keaton still looks great though.

I want Conroy mostly for the voice but also because he's looked craggy and decrepit since at least the year 2000 and would be a perfect fit physically for a burnt-out older Bruce.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Prison stuff is good so far. Not sold on Diaz and the Longbow Hunters.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I was kind of hoping that the last scene with Felicity was her asking Slade for help.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

I want Conroy mostly for the voice but also because he's looked craggy and decrepit since at least the year 2000 and would be a perfect fit physically for a burnt-out older Bruce.

So you're saying we should have a live action Batman Beyond?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yes, obviously. it would be totally schway

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

yes, obviously. it would be totally schway

He said it! He said the future slang word from The Flash!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

bentacos posted:

I was kind of hoping that the last scene with Felicity was her asking Slade for help.

The FBI lady seems really good at sitting at her desk looking smug but kind of lovely at anything else

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vietnamwees posted:

He said it! He said the future slang word from The Flash!

That's totally crash

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It really sounded like Emily Bett Rickards was fighting a cold this episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

It really sounded like Emily Bett Rickards was fighting a cold this episode.

She's sounded that way since like season 3 because she just *sniffle* can't stop :( cry talking :cry:

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Already sick of Diaz again. JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD, DIGGLE.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss badguys with monologues

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

superLINUS posted:

Already sick of Diaz again. JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD, DIGGLE.

Seriously, why did they decide to make Diaz a recurring villain on the level of Merlyn and Deathstroke. WHY

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Argus is literally the worst Secret Government agency. The guards run out and just stand there, when they should be just shooting on site.

JUST SHOOT. I yell this at the screen way too much while watching Arrow.

Though the silent fight was pretty cool.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 24, 2018

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

McSpanky posted:

Seriously, why did they decide to make Diaz a recurring villain on the level of Merlyn and Deathstroke. WHY

He's threatening to kill the writers' families unless they give him control of this season's storyline.

I'm really torn, because I like the actor from back when he was in Band of Brothers and I'm glad to see him get a large role, and he's a good actor! But yeah who caaaaaaares just shoot him already. Maybe it's because it's Vincent D'Onofrio, but I enjoyed Wilson Fisk on Daredevil despite the same sort of "everyone's magically in my pocket" shenanigans that Diaz is constantly pulling, and it seems way less believable on Diaz. Probably because he's a no-name, no-powers, uninteresting thug-looking guy that we just met, instead of a classic comic-book villain.

Please don't chime in here to tell me about Ricardo Dragon or whoever Diaz is supposed to be, because no one knows who that is. Diaz hasn't acted like anything other than a generic thug, even Bullet Tooth Tony and Cutty from the Wire had more to distinguish them as villain characters.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
DD also shows how easily you can fall under Fisk's manipulations, and how each concession just makes it worse.

Meanwhile Arrow just tells you how awesome Diaz is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

McSpanky posted:

Vandal Savage never died, he just regenerated.