Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I might try it I dunno. I almost always make a character who has at least one skill in each attribute, so there's a mildly annoying med/heavy/spear bottleneck, and at least one spell, and then something for int. Iirc agility strength and speed will have something that's compatible with any concept, just like most concepts could benefit from a spell school. Personality skills are also universally good for any character.

I also like to make sure and favor luck. Kinda sounds like gcd would mess up my guys, but I never figured out what the hell broke corpus in my game either so I probably should just nuke the install and start over.

Any good mods make alchemy less annoying? I forgot how much the alchemy interface sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

some day i'll finish my mwse leveling mod that's just a more lightweight better version of gcd. too bad morrowind modding madness is going on!!!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Any good mods make alchemy less annoying? I forgot how much the alchemy interface sucks.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44808

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Hey testicle how compatible is TR with OpenMW?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

kazr posted:

Hey testicle how compatible is TR with OpenMW?

very

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I even played a bit of TR in multiplayer. Unfortunately multi kinda sucks right now since you can't do custom alchemy, enchants or spells.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I even played a bit of TR in multiplayer. Unfortunately multi kinda sucks right now since you can't do custom alchemy, enchants or spells.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti#announcements/detail/1708445194436273527
This was released just a few days ago

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cannot even wrap my head around what a multiplayer version of a Bethesda rpg would look like.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You mean, like Elder Scrolls Online or Fallout 76?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

You mean, like Elder Scrolls Online or Fallout 76?

No? Games designed from the ground-up to be a MMO is entirely different from another dude running around in my Morrowind or Fallout 3

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't think I'd be able to stop myself griefing people in TES3MP. 100 point jump spells on target, damage attributes, blindness, 100% chameleon, locking doors, dispelling peoples' water breathing, destroying their weapons. The possibilities are limitless.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Entropy238 posted:

I don't think I'd be able to stop myself griefing people in TES3MP. 100 point jump spells on target, damage attributes, blindness, 100% chameleon, locking doors, dispelling peoples' water breathing, destroying their weapons. The possibilities are limitless.

Just go kill whatever quest-giver NPC they've recently interacted with. Kill Vivic and Balgrum ofc course, too.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fuckin awesome. Although in response to a post above me I have no idea how it handles permanent NPC death.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Jumping into a cave and collecting artifacts and other loot with friends is way more fun than I thought. I'm pretty excited for OpenMW/tes3mp to be more complete because the multiplayer focused mods have the potential to be nuts.

One of the servers I played on had a script that runs and resets the cells every X minutes and the more people in the server the faster it reset.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

ash yams recipes

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Nerevarine, this is Something Awful, not Google. Try again.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Poniard posted:

ash yams recipes

I am the Okonkwovarine

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
im glad i installed STEP when I did because it's poofed off the internet lol

time to see what else I can add to sCREW IT UP

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I don't know if this is the most up-to-date or not, but i just spent all weekend installing everything from this list:

https://pastebin.com/B8SqRJtH

I'm pretty sure it all works great, just a few problems. NPC head tracking doesn't work outdoors (did it ever?), i messed up the axe fixes somehow, so axes don't make any sound when you pick them up. Books have a weird rune translation sidebar that looks terrible (only indoors?). I noticed one NPC in moonmoth with vanilla clothing.

Not all of the DL-links work, but I was able to scrounge up alternates. The Morrowind Patch Project seems to be MIA, but i hear it is outdated? I just enabled the patch for purists instead.

Everything seems to be working fine otherwise, a few load errors, but for the amount of poo poo I installed from that list, A+ guide.

This game is still fun. With 20 years of mods, it is as gorgeous as I remember from my teenage brain.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The first round of morrowind modding madness mods are up on the nexus. 6 mods, teams of 4, 2 weeks. Some pretty neat stuff

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

The first round of morrowind modding madness mods are up on the nexus. 6 mods, teams of 4, 2 weeks. Some pretty neat stuff

Ministry of Clarity

quote:

Features:
- A spawling questline full of action and intrigue
- A fully radiant questing system
- 3 re-made dungeons with traps and challenging new enemies
- 11000+ words of dialogue
- new armour, weapon and clothing
- A dynamic base of operations that evolves with the player’s actions

quote:

- A fully radiant questing system

Oh god

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Jesus Christ, of course all these Sixth House mods come out when I'm just wrapping up the main quest. Oh well, gives 'em more time to iron out any bugs...

I'll be honest this one doesn't look all that great. Something about Danae's mods always rubs me the wrong way.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Shambling corprus monster in the streets, awakened sleeper in the sheets

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So I found a couple hunks of ebony and had ajira learn me on alchemy until I could understand how much health comes from potions. Got all my money back and offloaded some otherwise worthless ore so that works out. I never did the fighter's guild quests, and I got a job where you have to kill a guy who's a skill trainer. I had some cash from selling everything not bolted down and only using equipment I looted, so I tried to max out my skills and then murder to get my money back but I guess he spent it right before I started chopping.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

I never did the fighter's guild quests, and I got a job where you have to kill a guy who's a skill trainer.

For the Fighters' Guild, my recommendation is to start at Ald'ruhn, and then once Percius Mercius runs out of quests to give you, do the other guildhalls but run their quests through Percy for moral guidance.

Also do try to run the Thieves' Guild questline first. Unless of course you're not planning to run the Thieves' Guild questline at all with that character.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah Caius said he trusted him so I have a chat every time I pass thru. He only had real advice after a certain point and wouldn't talk to me till I already killed some dudes and talked a dude into handing over a ring and stuff.

Really seems like you're gonna want to have speechcraft to do this, or else you're gonna be in weird difficult situations like try to steal or run from guards for murder. I guess I lucked out because I looked up the skills for both fighter's guild and east empire and used that as a baseline for this character. Is intimidate based on something that's not just your speech skill?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I think it compares strength scores to determine the effectiveness of intimidate, whereas speechcraft determines the chance of success of it, but I could be wrong someone more knowledgeable than I could correct me.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Charm 50 pts for 2seconds makes the game so much easier

Also being able to frenzy people for guilt free murder

Learn illusion, become an invisible jackass that everyone either loves or hates and they don't know why

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Wizards make the best fighters, thieves, and orators.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wizards in morrowind are extremely good and also cool

any time some dumb fucker complains about missing with his sword i just laugh because he should be casting firebite instead anyway

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Cat Mattress posted:

For the Fighters' Guild, my recommendation is to start at Ald'ruhn, and then once Percius Mercius runs out of quests to give you, do the other guildhalls but run their quests through Percy for moral guidance.

Also do try to run the Thieves' Guild questline first. Unless of course you're not planning to run the Thieves' Guild questline at all with that character.

I thought joining the Thieves' Guild locked you out of the Fighter's Guild forever (after a couple quests), and vice versa. Is that not true?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Node posted:

I thought joining the Thieves' Guild locked you out of the Fighter's Guild forever (after a couple quests), and vice versa. Is that not true?

No, there are quests in both guilds that are mutually exclusive and will get you kicked out of one or the other unless you game your way around them. But you can join both and advance a couple ranks at least.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I thought so. I don't know how I could ever join the Fighter's Guild. I always GOTTA BE STEALIN' poo poo in Morrowind.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i join the fighters guild so i can buy the dwemer jinksword from the guy in the balmora fighters guild

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Node posted:

I thought so. I don't know how I could ever join the Fighter's Guild. I always GOTTA BE STEALIN' poo poo in Morrowind.

I usually join both when I try a non magic thief character because my in character motivation is "gotta get paid." If that involves stealing something, cool, if that involves killing something, cool.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Node posted:

No, the TG will not lock you out of the FG. Instead, you'll just have to side with Percy in Ald'ruhn. The TG has a quest to switch the loyalty of the FG leaders in Balmora and Sadrith Mora; for the TG leaders in Vivec, you'll eventually get Percy telling you to kill them because they're bought by the Cammona Tong. (In fact, if you don't do the TG quest for Fire-Eye, Percy will ask you to kill her too.)

Doing the TG questline first will only lock you out of a few "destroy the TG" quests; whereas doing the FG questline first will make you unable to join the TG because you'll have destroyed it.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 22, 2018

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Node posted:

Yeah the short answer is if you do all the Thieve’s guild quests first, you’re good and can advance through the Fighter’s Guild with Percy. If you do the Fighter’s Guild quests first AND don’t side with Percy, you will lock yourself out of the Thieve’s Guild.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I snuck to Thirsk as a real low level and bought some poo poo from the happy go lucky armor guy. Then the game crashed but luckily I had a save right before. Unluckily I went to rebuy the stuff and he had nothing at all for sale :confuoot:

Gonna have to come back later, I can't even kill a regular bear yet.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I still dunno why corprus doesn't get worse. I uninstalled everything and started a new game and it still stays at one point forever. Weird and disappointing.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yeah I still dunno why corprus doesn't get worse. I uninstalled everything and started a new game and it still stays at one point forever. Weird and disappointing.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44961
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
oh yeah, I didn't post, but I went and got it cured and it was super loving weird. ~spoilers~ but I got immunity to all disease and that's it. The weird part to me was all corpus related stuff evaporated away like nothing. It's like bearenstein / bearinstain: I always remembered it as corpus progressively gets worse, and you get progressively more strength and endurance and less everything else. Then when you get cured everything bad goes away but you keep the stat boosts from it and get disease immunity.

What happened this time was I had 1-point increases and decreases in stats that never changed over time, regardless of how many times I got the "disease progressed" message, and when I got cured both the bad and good effects went away, and I got separate, non-corprus effects to block getting sick from any disease again. I guess the difference is between the old xbox version and the steam version?

But the thing that fucks me up is UESP lists corprus as having the exact behavior that I experienced recently, and I saw nothing that indicates what I remembered was right. 2spooky4me I should have got some ultra hardcore Dagoth mod for Halloween

Like even glancing at that mod it implies the stat changes aren't permanent normally. Fuckin weird, fifteen years ago they were permanent as gently caress. Although the mod should make it so 6th housers above dreamer should be able to give you corpus that's fuckin lame that you can't get it from ash vamps or whatever.

Also you should be able to get blight/corpus from just walking around in blight storms but that's another mod I guess

E; ps it makes more sense that the first time I brought this up people were like "just fuckin get cured" -- because you don't keep the stat alterations from the disease, apparently, so just fuckin move on already.

E2: if that mod doesn't change corpus meats and weeps to give you some kind of chance to get infected if you eat or brew them then just get the gently caress outta here

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 24, 2018