Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Nox posted:

CTV News: Calgary musician dies after falling from airplane while making music video.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-musician-dies-after-falling-from-airplane-while-making-music-video-1.4146079

The stupid is "Calgary Rapper"

started from the top, now we're here (splattered on the ground)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

-Jaguar or Stratocaster?

-..Yes, but also a little bit of telecaster.

https://shop.fender.com/en-DK/electric-guitars/2018-limited-edition-jaguar-strat/0176070709.html

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Fender offsets are pretty sweet looking guitars, but you can have too much of a good thing :stare:

Good thing I play left handed, because I'd totally buy that.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 24, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

started from the top, now we're here (splattered on the ground)

At least he's not in a wheelchair

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

I like this. It's a little goofy, but it looks like the designer understood that and leaned into it just enough to make it work.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Put a normal sized headstock on this and I'd buy in asap. drat that's a cool guitar (minus the big dumb headstock).

2 grand is a bit steep though.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

GreatGreen posted:

Put a normal sized headstock on this and I'd buy in asap. drat that's a cool guitar (minus the big dumb headstock).

2 grand is a bit steep though.

I really like that 70's headstock on a strat. It's charming in its goofiness, like the rest of this guitar. If you had told 12 year old me to draw the coolest guitar ever this would 100% be it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It just needs triple humbuckers

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
It'd be nice if Fender's website would handle it when someone posts a US link and then since I'm not in the states, just go to the international or Canadian equivalent instead of just dumping me on their main page. At least the link itself said what the guitar was so I can search for it.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My buddy has a new fuzz out

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CheesyDog posted:

:ohdear:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

CheesyDog posted:

I’ve seen a lot of pedals in my time and I have to say... that one looks rad as hell.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
That is the worst pickup switch location if you like having cuticles.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aINCu8CoTA

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing for me to hate on this video/song. It's pure cheese and I love it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
He makes a clean guitar sound so heavy.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Wark Say posted:

There's nothing for me to hate on this video/song. It's pure cheese and I love it.

I unironically love the floating guitar with hands. I can't believe it took til 2018 for me to see that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

He makes a clean guitar sound so heavy.

To be fair, there's a poo poo ton of gain dialed into the amp he's playing through.

It's just that his guitar has low output, trebly sounding pickups that make the guitar sound jangly like that even though there's a ton of gain.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Somebody please explain to me why this exists.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Because it can.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i appreciate that of any song they could use to demo it they went with cemetary gates

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

There’s an ad for oatly plant milk in the cinemas at the moment with the ceo awkwardly singing “it’s like milk, but made for huuumaans” in front of a keyboard and every time I see it I get incredible John Sakar vibes.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

Finally found the ideal G3 tour lineup

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

but G3 is a Satriani thing, how would they have it without him?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

but G3 is a Satriani thing, how would they have it without him?
Yeah. I mean, what's G3 without the *checks Satriani's website* 245th identical live rendition of "Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing" like who would even go again without that bedrock fundamental?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yeah. I mean, what's G3 without the *checks Satriani's website* 245th identical live rendition of "Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing" like who would even go again without that bedrock fundamental?

I will destroy you.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I love Satriani but the dude has not improvised live in almost 30 years so I don't know what the point of his shows is.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat, I listed my Buckethead LP on Reverb for $2500 (I know this is loving ridiculous) and within 5 minutes I got an offer for $1900. Thanks for letting me know about Reverb!

Anyway, what now? Should I just let the listing simmer and wait for more offers and this point? How long should I wait before I accept this dude's offer?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

No one can answer that for you, but ask yourself: would you take the 1900? and would you give me $300

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

If 1900 sounds good to you take it. Offers expire after 24 hours, you could also counter off him like 2100 and settle for like 2k.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If you told me this video was a playstation 4 demo of a completely cgi drummer, I'd believe you in a heartbeat. He looks...fake?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
he looks like they pasted him in from some early 2000s nu-metal video

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I've been playing too many JRPGs so it took me a little bit for their outfits to register in my head

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Exactly my point - you take Satriani out of G3 and you'll never get that 246th identical rendition.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
cursed gen x memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMZPEX7X4Gw

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Anime Reference posted:

I love Satriani but the dude has not improvised live in almost 30 years so I don't know what the point of his shows is.

He did a little bit of improvisation when I saw him during the Satchafunkilus tour. I was more blown away by the opening act though, Senior Pablo Gilberto!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

He did a little bit of improvisation when I saw him during the Satchafunkilus tour. I was more blown away by the opening act though, Senior Pablo Gilberto!

was this just paul gilbert or was it like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orPXWVfLrc

...but paul gilbert

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Dewgy posted:

was this just paul gilbert or was it like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orPXWVfLrc

...but paul gilbert

The latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Malaria posted:

If 1900 sounds good to you take it. Offers expire after 24 hours, you could also counter off him like 2100 and settle for like 2k.

I didn't know they expired, alright, I got two at $1900, so I'll try and counter them and sees who settles the highest. Thanks.