Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Boy, that has gone poorly for that individual. They should have just leased a Nissan Altima. It would have made all their problems go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THE SELLERS ARE GETTING QUOTES TO HAVE THE SETTLING ISSUES SORTED OUT

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Boy, that has gone poorly for that individual. They should have just leased a Nissan Altima. It would have made all their problems go away.

They earned it :colbert:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Depression is poo poo. I have so much stuff I want to do, and a fair bit I need to do, and most days lately the best I can muster is staring at my computer and maybe a load of laundry.

10 years of grave shift now, and it's not getting any easier. We're into 'go to work in the dark, come home in the dark' days now. I've been staying up later and later because I'm not ready for the three months of never seeing the sun.

Yeah it's pretty rough man. We'll get through it though.

There really are some things that I like about working at night though. At least at my job no one really bothers me and I can kind of mess around all night (which I would probably be doing anyways).

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

STR posted:

Personally I'll take the 2005 Express, so long as it's been maintained.

(what area did you wind up in?)

Theres the key word, "maintained"
This thing is pretty blown out. It has well over 200000 miles, the transmission is slipping, the seats are worn out, stereo is crackly, and it has a bunch of gremlins in the lights.

Also it has the worst shelves I've ever seen in a van.

Supposedly the company is working on upgrading to a new fleet of Transits though, so hopefully that goes through soon.

Personally, I think the transit is a better van by far. The medium roof, long wheel base version is pretty much the perfect van imo, as long as it has the Eco-boost engine.

As for your second question, I'm in Portland, Oregon now. And it's easily 1000x better than Vegas in pretty much every way.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Instead of trying to help you play some stupid game :rolleyes:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Charles posted:

Instead of trying to help you play some stupid game :rolleyes:

Instead of trying to help you complain about me playing some stupid game :rolleyes:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Instead of trying to help you complain about me playing some stupid game :rolleyes:

Your passive-aggressiveness is on point today.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Your passive-aggressiveness is on point today.

I uhhhhh drank a LOT of coffee in prep for a presentation I gotta do at 5:30.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

AdiaBOOtic posted:

You can hit me with a sixer if it'll make you feel better.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Looks like a few people will be starting their period this weekend.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

About to go see Carpenter Brut. No idea what it will be like but I'm pretty hyped

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

AdiaBOOtic posted:

What's up coffee bro

:11tea:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

As for your second question, I'm in Portland, Oregon now. And it's easily 1000x better than Vegas in pretty much every way.

That's awesome dude, you'd been quiet of late and I was wondering what was going on.

EDIT OMG ARE YOU RESCUING ROSIE?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Never mind that a problem with his seat suddenly hurting his back is unlikely to be the seat...
I bet he's as confused as hell about what's going on in that thread.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

freelop posted:

About to go see Carpenter Brut. No idea what it will be like but I'm pretty hyped

I saw them several months ago in Atlanta and it was one of the best shows I've been to in years. You'll have a great time.

Also I don't want to spoil anything but I'll just say that they have a great visual component to the show.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

THE SELLERS ARE GETTING QUOTES TO HAVE THE SETTLING ISSUES SORTED OUT
They must be desperate to move, because generally speaking that ain't cheap. Are they divorcing, getting a better job elsewhere, or moving to a smaller/larger place because of a change in family composition or care duties? Because if there's no obvious compelling reason I'd really wonder why they're so hot to dump the place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

They must be desperate to move, because generally speaking that ain't cheap. Are they divorcing, getting a better job elsewhere, or moving to a smaller/larger place because of a change in family composition or care duties? Because if there's no obvious compelling reason I'd really wonder why they're so hot to dump the place.

The narrative we have been told, it was a parent's home that he refused to leave until he had to be forced into a home. They have no interest in it. The backyard is not child friendly and it's in a super lovely school district. They also do not live here so it's a boat anchor. Inspection came back clear aside from the one corner of the house that has shifted down roughly 1 inch in 4 decades. We don't want it jacked up (more cracks), we just want to mitigate future sinking.

I called a place with a silly name this morning to get a rough phone quote and he said a single slab support is about $4600 installed. We'll see what the structural engineer says on Friday.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

The narrative we have been told, it was a parent's home that he refused to leave until he had to be forced into a home. They have no interest in it. The backyard is not child friendly and it's in a super lovely school district. They also do not live here so it's a boat anchor. Inspection came back clear aside from the one corner of the house that has shifted down roughly 1 inch in 4 decades. We don't want it jacked up (more cracks), we just want to mitigate future sinking.

I called a place with a silly name this morning to get a rough phone quote and he said a single slab support is about $4600 installed. We'll see what the structural engineer says on Friday.

How did your inspector determine that a wall was bowed with only 1" sinkage?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Does coffee turn sloths into normies?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

How did your inspector determine that a wall was bowed with only 1" sinkage?

He was basing it on previous inspection experiences and the appearance of the wall. I have no knowledge base here so I am taking his word on it. The actual structural assessment will be either tomorrow or friday and we'll know the exact state of the slab. and that corner of the house.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

64bit_Dophins posted:

I saw them several months ago in Atlanta and it was one of the best shows I've been to in years. You'll have a great time.

Also I don't want to spoil anything but I'll just say that they have a great visual component to the show.

"Rated TV for Titties and Violence"

Outstanding by both Gost and Brut

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

freelop posted:

I'm jealous as gently caress not gonna lie

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Humphreys posted:

Is spoopy a meme? I've seen it misspelt on at least 3 random youtube videos today.

This was the original from like 2009, seems to have been a poorly mis-spelled spooky decoration. It's been a thing ever since.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

freelop posted:

"Rated TV for Titties and Violence"

Outstanding by both Gost and Brut

drat, it was in Manchester tonight wasn't it? I realised this on Monday and thought "I'm actually working in manchester on Wednesday!. I should buy tickets and take a change of clothes to work with me and go straight there after work" Totally loving forgot about it until I pulled up at home tonight :(

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Muthafuckin KILT that presentation whatup

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Muthafuckin KILT that presentation whatup

:hf:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

That's awesome dude, you'd been quiet of late and I was wondering what was going on.

EDIT OMG ARE YOU RESCUING ROSIE?

Yeah, It's just been a lot of moving, finding a place, getting settled at the new job. Nothing really too exciting to post about, and I'm now pretty much the furthest I get away from my truck, so not a whole lot to update about.
Though I could turn my thread into a travel blog, since I've out exploring so much I suppose :v:

But I really, really hated Las Vegas and I'm glad to be out. Maybe Portland will work out, maybe it'll be terrible, but I;m at least glad I took the chance and I won't have to wonder what I'm missing out on.
What is not terrible however, is the view from the backyard here:

But seriously, things are pretty good so far. I'm working a new company, and I mean new literally. They were founded 2 years ago. And they're growing super fast, so it seems like a good chance to get ahead quickly and be able to have some influence and power here. I love the city, it's nice to live somewhere where I can walk to things, and it feels like there's actual districts and things to do. Plus having things like trees and greenery and rain is super awesome. The desert has it's charm for sure, but I need to be somewhere green.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

cakesmith handyman posted:

Have you considered a change in circumstances that would get you off the graveyard shift? I can't imagine that's helped with the depression.

I'm working on it, but I'm in an IT management job in flyover country and there is literally nothing a guy with my skillset can get in this area that pays anywhere close. So I'm at the mercy of an opening appearing or HR getting their heads out of the sand and approving the staffing changes we've been waiting four months for and are now not expecting until next calendar year.

Crippling depression is better than being dirt broke and depressed, sadly.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, It's just been a lot of moving, finding a place, getting settled at the new job. Nothing really too exciting to post about, and I'm now pretty much the furthest I get away from my truck, so not a whole lot to update about.
Though I could turn my thread into a travel blog, since I've out exploring so much I suppose :v:

But I really, really hated Las Vegas and I'm glad to be out. Maybe Portland will work out, maybe it'll be terrible, but I;m at least glad I took the chance and I won't have to wonder what I'm missing out on.

But seriously, things are pretty good so far. I'm working a new company, and I mean new literally. They were founded 2 years ago. And they're growing super fast, so it seems like a good chance to get ahead quickly and be able to have some influence and power here. I love the city, it's nice to live somewhere where I can walk to things, and it feels like there's actual districts and things to do. Plus having things like trees and greenery and rain is super awesome. The desert has it's charm for sure, but I need to be somewhere green.

portland frickin rules dude, i wish i could find work in my industry down there but seattle area will have to do.

killer food, great beer, nice for cycling, good weather, no sales tax too

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ExplodingSims posted:

Looks nice, I would never want to live in Vegas honestly.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Charles posted:

Looks nice, I would never want to live in Vegas honestly.

As a lifelong desert dweller, completely agreed.

Also Portland rules, based on a weekend trip I took there earlier this year.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Well my phone knows I ordered it's replacement, the system clock got stuck on 17:38 on my way home, breaking GPS until I got home into WiFi. I woke up this morning at 5:45, normal time, clock showed 02:45 so my alarm didn't go off. I'm at work now at 07:51, clock shows 07:36. I'm guessing this is due to a shaky as gently caress battery but I've not seen this behaviour before.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Austin goons: any DIY junkyards around? Pick n Pull doesn't exist here. :smith:

I'm up north (near 183/360), but don't mind driving a bit. I found a couple on Google, but didn't want to make the drive until I can verify they're (a) still around and (b) decent.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I had to fire my painter who is a long time friend of mine, working on my remodel project (who is surprised?). I think I did it well enough that we're still friends, and there's a couple things I'll still have him finish up, like the tub reglazing which I am happy with. Unfortunately I think he overestimated both his abilities and available time to work on this project. I suspected this some time ago but he assured me he'd be able to keep up.

I'll spare you the :gonk: pictures but some people just shouldn't work on finishing sheetrock. Trying to find a new contractor today, paint and finish work is pretty much the only thing I'm lacking.

Mood: :eng99:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

I had to fire my painter who is a long time friend of mine, working on my remodel project (who is surprised?). I think I did it well enough that we're still friends, and there's a couple things I'll still have him finish up, like the tub reglazing which I am happy with. Unfortunately I think he overestimated both his abilities and available time to work on this project. I suspected this some time ago but he assured me he'd be able to keep up.

I'll spare you the :gonk: pictures but some people just shouldn't work on finishing sheetrock. Trying to find a new contractor today, paint and finish work is pretty much the only thing I'm lacking.

Mood: :eng99:

That's gotta be hard. I don't envy you having that conversation.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Jeebus give me strength to survive 8 hours of training today. :tootzzz:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Nissan recons you can only drop the motor out the bottom of the engine bay. Not if you've got a 2 tonne gantry!

Im pretty sure this entire power train weighs less than just the bare iron castings in the landcruisers motor...

Tho the wet spark plug, bubbling radiator and this oil pretty much 100% confirms head gaskets gone

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

This is also how disassembled a Versa/Tiida needs to be to replace the headlight bulbs. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

How's everyone's morning?

I'm currently fueled by coffee and anger and destroying work at an alarming rate.

• Locked thread