Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

We’ll never know if those turtles finished cheersing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope Bojack turns directly to the camera, says "don't emulate me, kiddos" and then explodes. Then Diane walks in and says "Did I do that?"

That's too much, man!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The lesson of Bojack is you can't change. *repeatedly cuts back to Bojack as a nicer young man/Sara-Lynne as an optimistic child and goes to great lengths to explore how Hollywood corrupts people*

no i mean you can't change for the better

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The only happy ending is Bojack marrying Mr Peanutbutter.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pick posted:

The lesson of Bojack is you can't change. *repeatedly cuts back to Bojack as a nicer young man/Sara-Lynne as an optimistic child and goes to great lengths to explore how Hollywood corrupts people*

I can't decide whether I want to correct Hollywood to "Hollywoo" or "life". :D

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 23, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Eh my phone did that sorry

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

"What is this, a crossover fanfic?"

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Pick posted:

ryan secreast-ishly: Every scar tells a story. And every story... leaves a scar.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As if that marriage would last more than five days.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ymgve posted:

It would be the greatest crossover episode in history though.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I got a sneak peek at the series finale over at netflix, my uncle works there. So guys, lemme tell you about the ending! You're not going to forget these plot points! Wow! Click here to subscribe to my posts. Thanks, don't forget to like and subscribe. Horsing Around reboots, they have Bojack and PB gay marry in the show. One of the kids disappears, nobody comments on it. They kiss. A lamp falls, killing Bojack. Five hours of weird spacey cartooning about, like, death and stuff, man. Smash cut: generic lovely apartment. I"M ALLOWED TO BE A BAD PERSON in big red blood letters. Internet nerd (turn off monitor to see) stumbles into frame, coated in blood and vomit. Three hour monologue about getting help, that you are a bad person for liking anything by anyone anywhere. The screen does not change for the duration. At the end, we turn around... and it's Diana, in the real world. Bojack wakes up as normal and snorts another bump. ART is the last word on screen while animal pun things scroll by on the background. Fin.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

ymgve posted:

Just like PB's other marriages, five massive fights, then divorce. :(

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

T-man posted:

I got a sneak peek at the series finale over at netflix, my uncle works there. So guys, lemme tell you about the ending! You're not going to forget these plot points! Wow! Click here to subscribe to my posts. Thanks, don't forget to like and subscribe. Horsing Around reboots, they have Bojack and PB gay marry in the show. One of the kids disappears, nobody comments on it. They kiss. A lamp falls, killing Bojack. Five hours of weird spacey cartooning about, like, death and stuff, man. Smash cut: generic lovely apartment. I"M ALLOWED TO BE A BAD PERSON in big red blood letters. Internet nerd (turn off monitor to see) stumbles into frame, coated in blood and vomit. Three hour monologue about getting help, that you are a bad person for liking anything by anyone anywhere. The screen does not change for the duration. At the end, we turn around... and it's Diana, in the real world. Bojack wakes up as normal and snorts another bump. ART is the last word on screen while animal pun things scroll by on the background. Fin.

Tony Soprano marries Dr. Melphy??!!

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

thanks alot assbag posted:

Tony Soprano marries Dr. Melphy??!!
MAMA MIA!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

*drunk melfi voice*
Would you make a similar joke to your Jewish friends?? Or your animal friends?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Todd discovers he isn't asexual because he's actually in love with Princess Carolyn. Princess Carolyn gets distracted by the world's largest ball of yarn and doesn't notice. Bojack, as part of his recovery program, has an awkward phone call with Neal McBeal, the Navy Seal.

That'll fill an episode, right?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anybody else feel like the show could easily get rid of Todd and not lose much/maybe be improved by it? The more the characters atomize from each other and do their own thing, the less I feel like Todd is an interesting enough character with enough agency to carry his own plots.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

T-man posted:

end of bojackelion

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/k_morrissey/status/1054113147638796288

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sinteres posted:

Anybody else feel like the show could easily get rid of Todd and not lose much/maybe be improved by it? The more the characters atomize from each other and do their own thing, the less I feel like Todd is an interesting enough character with enough agency to carry his own plots.

If you said this between seasons 2 and 4 I'd agree with you, but I feel like he was really funny this season. Could the overall plot have worked without him? Probably, but I definitely don't think it would have been improved, at least this season.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

T-man posted:

I didn't know your uncle was Flip

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet there is a card at HBO that says "nudity" and it is very, very, very warn.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pakled posted:

If you said this between seasons 2 and 4
Todd was crucial to Season 2, which I definitely think is his best season, followed by 5, then 1, then 3, then 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Todd is almost never vital to the main plot, but his side plots are key to the Bojack Horseman experience.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
You say this now, but it'll turn out everything since the end of Season 1 has been a Smoodie induced nightmare.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Todd owns.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Todd is an ok character, but he can't really carry a dramatic story line and works better as a support character for the rest of the cast. He can't really carry his own plots because he is more or less content no matter what, and one of the most basic components of any story is your main character has to want something. It's hard to be engaged in a character's story when the character isn't himself. There is a reason most Todd episodes, that aren't silly side stories, consist of other characters forcing Todd to do something.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I dont know posted:

Todd is an ok character, but he can't really carry a dramatic story line and works better as a support character for the rest of the cast. He can't really carry his own plots because he is more or less content no matter what, and one of the most basic components of any story is your main character has to want something. It's hard to be engaged in a character's story when the character isn't himself. There is a reason most Todd episodes, that aren't silly side stories, consist of other characters forcing Todd to do something.

You did a better job of explaining what I meant than I did.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Todd is by far the most emotionally healthy character on the show. All his conflicts are resolved by either talking them out or by acknowledging that there is no good solution and making the best choice for himself and others. Todd's lack of toxicity is if anything more important now that the show is about each of the main characters and their bad choices.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Goddamn, if Todd could add "emotionally healthy" to his resume he'd be unstoppable.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1057349023688876032

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The announcement was made with mostly honeydew

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/1057346727672336384

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Hooray!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/johmmmmmm/status/1056724024494120965

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This is almost too meta

Also is Pickles Elvira?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Also is Pickles Elvira?
No, she's Vampira.

(Enjoy that joke, five people who get it.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, she's Vampira.

(Enjoy that joke, five people who get it.)

I just don't remember Elvira having a dagger on her belt.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Morticia?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

The dagger is a decent part of the costume, the joke is that the cleavage draws the male gaze and then confronts it with the dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

I'd never remembered it myself, but, apparently...