Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I am still irrationally mad about the Albert Wilson injury. He was finally getting his chance! He didn't deserve to be cut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

In one league I'm in first in PF by quite a bit, yet I'm 3-4. The guy in 2nd place in PF is also 3-4.

Fantasy Football, man. :yeah:

That’s when you just keep doing what you are doing and hope you sneak into the wild card because you have a good team and make the right moves.

Then you just crush everyone’s souls in the playoffs because no one every really saw it coming.

The best is when you win 2 lose 2 win 2 lose 1 so no one even sees you coming because you don’t have a big major winning streak tacked onto your name.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Here's a gross scenario I just thought through in my head: say the Pats go into Monday night with only two active RBs (James White and Kenjon Barner) against the Bills...

How many actual good players is Kenjon Barner going to outscore this week?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Noone's talking about Courtland Sutton, am I crazy for adding him over Tre'quan Smith?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Noone's talking about Courtland Sutton, am I crazy for adding him over Tre'quan Smith?

Courtland is still behind DT and Tre'quan has taken over the deep threat position with Ginn dead. I like his upside despite it being a shared wealth offense. Both are boom and bust.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Demaryius Thomas is not doing much this year and if that continues Sutton will benefit. I'd take Smith if I had to choose between the two right now though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wait till waivers run if you want Sutton over Tre'Quan. There's a path to viability but Tre'Quan's is already actualized

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Wait till waivers run if you want Sutton over Tre'Quan. There's a path to viability but Tre'Quan's is already actualized

Wait until waivers run regardless then grab the one still left on FA. Neither one is worth burning a waiver over.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Tiptoes posted:

I am still irrationally mad about the Albert Wilson injury. He was finally getting his chance! He didn't deserve to be cut down.

in my huge roster dynasty league I started Albert Wilson multiple times this year, that dude is cool as hell

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I'm about to trade Alshon Jeffery and Tarik Cohen for Gronk and Golden Tate.

Then I've got a trade with another person in the balance to trade my Jimmy Graham for Funchess.

My RBs are Hunt, Gordon, Drake, Gore, Cohen and Ekeler.

My WRs are Thielen, Alshon, Baldwin, Crabtree, and Geronimo Allison.

Does this seem like a good thing? I like these trades so far but I need an outside look on this.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That seems like a bad trade for you.

E

Both of them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Khako posted:

I'm about to trade Alshon Jeffery and Tarik Cohen for Gronk and Golden Tate.

Then I've got a trade with another person in the balance to trade my Jimmy Graham for Funchess.

My RBs are Hunt, Gordon, Drake, Gore, Cohen and Ekeler.

My WRs are Thielen, Alshon, Baldwin, Crabtree, and Geronimo Allison.

Does this seem like a good thing? I like these trades so far but I need an outside look on this.

you should cancel both of those trades immediately

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea those are bad.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
There’s a trade on the table for Thielen for Demaryius Thomas, James White and Greg Olsen.

Is this vetoable or just bad?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Miko posted:

There’s a trade on the table for Thielen for Demaryius Thomas, James White and Greg Olsen.

Is this vetoable or just bad?

It's not collusion so it's not vetoable.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
So my 0-PPR 12team 3WR No Flex league has some crazy people in it.

Somebody just dropped Sony Michel and another just dropped Keenan Allen

I am going claim both of them. For one I will drop it will be Trubisky who filled in for bye week QB.

QB - Russell, Trubisky
RB - Conner, Chubb, Fournette, Jordan Howard, Yeldon
WR - Beckham, Thielen, Crabtree, Davis

Who should I drop for the second player and in what order should I claim them?

Is it Yeldon?

I have to have players in each spot or I get 0 points for the whole week. So no running with K or DST. I am 6 in waivers but I am hopping nobody will notice the drops.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

ScottyJSno posted:

I am going claim both of them. For one I will drop it will be Trubisky who filled in for bye week QB.

QB - Russell, Trubisky

Is it Yeldon?

I have to have players in each spot or I get 0 points for the whole week. So no running with K or DST. I am 6 in waivers but I am hopping nobody will notice the drops.

gently caress Corey Davis and get Allen. Sony Michel is already having his lovely knee show up and I refuse to trust him. You don't need another regularly injured RB on your roster.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ScottyJSno posted:

QB - Russell, Trubisky

Is it Yeldon?

Yeldon will probably be worthless now, yeah. But Davis is useless already. Whichever of them you like less is fine.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Who would you drop? Hppr
Ekeler, Godwin, Crowell.
I want to drop Godwin but I might need a WR for next week's BYEs if Kupp doesn't return.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

QB - Russell, Trubisky

Is it Yeldon?

There's no chance you are going to be able to claim both of them. I refuse to believe 9 other people in your league will not put a claim in on those players.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Which one would you rather have ROS: McCaffrey or David Johnson?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

freeman posted:

Which one would you rather have ROS: McCaffrey or David Johnson?

McCaffrey by a landslide.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I hate dalvin cook

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So I actually wound up with three Defenses (using the CHI/MIN hoarding strategy and picked up the Colts last week.) Which of those three is most droppable right now? Obviously the Colts are nothing special, but they have a good matchup this week against a broken-rear end Raiders and that makes me kind of want to keep them on, but I want to drop one of them to take a chance on Tyrell Williams.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vargo posted:

So I actually wound up with three Defenses (using the CHI/MIN hoarding strategy and picked up the Colts last week.) Which of those three is most droppable right now? Obviously the Colts are nothing special, but they have a good matchup this week against a broken-rear end Raiders and that makes me kind of want to keep them on, but I want to drop one of them to take a chance on Tyrell Williams.

Chicago is facing the Jets. The Jets are not good. Drop the Colts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1055077526823952385

Their bye week is week ten

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yessssss come on baby, take it easy, have a nice break

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

ZenVulgarity posted:

I hate dalvin cook

Just IR him and put me out of my misery.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd much rather set and forget him on my bench for three weeks than deal with the uncertainty/re-injury. Gotta say though that that seems more like a push the IR decision off kind of move.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
just put him on IR already

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
If you'd told me that if you drafted Bell or Cook you'd be in the same situation come Week 8, this isn't the one I'd have expected.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Pls no IR. Rather he sit on my bench for 3-4 more weeks and rest up. My bench probably also isn't as stacked as some of you guys so him taking up a spot isn't really hurting me, especially since that spot is the IR/Out spot most of the time.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If your bench isn't stacked then Cook being out fucks you even harder.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Blil Powell to IR per sleeperbot, fire up your Crowells or pick up McGuire?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just can't ever bring myself to start Crow but I can't drop him either.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Inspector 34 posted:

If your bench isn't stacked then Cook being out fucks you even harder.

All it does is give me one less dart throw. Having that 1 extra bench spot a couple days a week until Cook is ruled out again doesn't really mean that much to me.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

dxt posted:

Blil Powell to IR per sleeperbot, fire up your Crowells or pick up McGuire?
That will still be a multi-back system so I am grabbing McGuire. If Crowell weren't facing the Bears this week, he would be a strong play. He gets the Dolphins in week 9 though so he could absolutely go off while they mix in McGuire in his first game back.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Just got offered Crowell for Dalvin and I'm going to do it. I'm 2-4 with only James White left.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I want to boast for a second because I don’t think I’ve ever had a team this good. Currently 6-1 with my only loss going to the 7-0 guy last week. Yes, it’s an 8 man league (last minute drop outs), but I love my team

Non-PPR
QB/2RB/2WR/RB-WR/TE/Super Flex/DST/K

QB: Brees, Winston, Luck
RB: Gordon, Conner, Ingram, L Murray, Bell
WR: Hill, Jones, JuJu, Brown
TE: Reed
DST: Houston
K: Tucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Kloaked00 posted:

I want to boast for a second because I don’t think I’ve ever had a team this good. Currently 6-1 with my only loss going to the 7-0 guy last week. Yes, it’s an 8 man league (last minute drop outs), but I love my team

Non-PPR
QB/2RB/2WR/RB-WR/TE/Super Flex/DST/K

QB: Brees, Winston, Luck
RB: Gordon, Conner, Ingram, L Murray, Bell
WR: Hill, Jones, JuJu, Brown
TE: Reed
DST: Houston
K: Tucker

You need a better TE. Try moving one of those QB's for one since it's superflex.

Rest of the team looks solid but it's hard to gauge in an 8-man league.