Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

oh yeah, I didn't post, but I went and got it cured and it was super loving weird. ~spoilers~ but I got immunity to all disease and that's it. The weird part to me was all corpus related stuff evaporated away like nothing. It's like bearenstein / bearinstain: I always remembered it as corpus progressively gets worse, and you get progressively more strength and endurance and less everything else. Then when you get cured everything bad goes away but you keep the stat boosts from it and get disease immunity.

What happened this time was I had 1-point increases and decreases in stats that never changed over time, regardless of how many times I got the "disease progressed" message, and when I got cured both the bad and good effects went away, and I got separate, non-corprus effects to block getting sick from any disease again. I guess the difference is between the old xbox version and the steam version?

But the thing that fucks me up is UESP lists corprus as having the exact behavior that I experienced recently, and I saw nothing that indicates what I remembered was right. 2spooky4me I should have got some ultra hardcore Dagoth mod for Halloween

Like even glancing at that mod it implies the stat changes aren't permanent normally. Fuckin weird, fifteen years ago they were permanent as gently caress. Although the mod should make it so 6th housers above dreamer should be able to give you corpus that's fuckin lame that you can't get it from ash vamps or whatever.

Also you should be able to get blight/corpus from just walking around in blight storms but that's another mod I guess

E; ps it makes more sense that the first time I brought this up people were like "just fuckin get cured" -- because you don't keep the stat alterations from the disease, apparently, so just fuckin move on already.

no, what you have most definitely wasn't normal

the way corprus should work is it gives you 1 pt fortify strength and endurance, and 1 pt drain personality and agility (and maybe speed?). Every 24 hours, the effects are reapplied and stack with itself.

So on day 100 you'll have +100 str +100 end, -100 the rest. When you get cured, the corprus effect itself is removed. Using restore attributes gets your drained skills back. The str and end gains are permanent.

ps I made that mod I linked and did a dumb amount of research into figuring out how corprus works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
That's pretty cool & interesting. I have a lot of stat damage that I need to cure, but no benefits from getting divine tumors. It's a substantial amount, the fists of ragulf or w/e are the only thing keeping me upright, I think I got slammed with some potent stat damage spells along with corpus.

My mods are:
Bloodmoon.esm
Morrowind
Tribunal
Bloated caves.esp
The Royal Game of Ur
[all the download ones from beth except lafemme]
DB_Attack_Mod (it's supposed to change when the brotherhood assassin comes to some later time)
Madd_Leveler (it's only supposed to change level ups so you can't get past a x1 token on stats, but every time you gain skill levels 3 times you get +1 to the governed stat)
Illy's Solsteim Rumor thing (only a few specific npcs and npcs that have the agent class will give you rumors about solsteim)
Talrivian's state-based hp (changes the hp calculations so you don't need to focus on endurance asap to get hp, it just maths it out so the order of stat gain across levels doesn't matter anymore)

It's still weird as gently caress because none of the documents that come with the mods mention corprus and none of them mentioned it on their download pages. The only thing that I have that mods stats is madd.

as far as mods go, I was thinking it'd be neat to change one of the downloads, the entertainers one that lets you do poo poo at the 8 plates for cash, and lets you do this for every inn that has actual patrons floating around in it.

Is it really true that there's multiple versions of corprus in the game and they're not all used? That's an interesting thing about the development of the game. I guess at one point they felt it would gently caress up the main quest to have it be normally catchable, but even if it was they could have made it play out in some other way. Not like they had infinite dev hours tho. Same as security and opening "sealed documents" without being caught, I never ran into one in actual gameplay but I guess you could find some for some quests and have the option to try to peek? That could be interesting if you tried to read the coded docs and Caius saw you hosed the seal up.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 24, 2018

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

ps I made that mod I linked and did a dumb amount of research into figuring out how corprus works

https://youtu.be/Lxmbfvycbv0

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Is it really true that there's multiple versions of corprus in the game and they're not all used? That's an interesting thing about the development of the game. I guess at one point they felt it would gently caress up the main quest to have it be normally catchable, but even if it was they could have made it play out in some other way. Not like they had infinite dev hours tho. Same as security and opening "sealed documents" without being caught, I never ran into one in actual gameplay but I guess you could find some for some quests and have the option to try to peek? That could be interesting if you tried to read the coded docs and Caius saw you hosed the seal up.

kinda, in that there's an NPC who knows an Ash Curse spell that you can sometimes learn by fighting her that gives you 1 second corprus on self. This doesnt do anything except sometimes crash your game.

There's also an NPC for the Temple quests who has corprus you're sent to cure. If you kill her and loot her body you can catch corprus due to vanilla disease mechanics. This breaks the journal entries for the corprus cure and also screws you over.

on looting a body there's a 20ish percent chance you catch the disease of the dead creature. fun fact - if you want to catch vampirism fast don't let them hit you a ton, just kill them and loot their corpse over and over until you have it. takes 5 seconds compared with maybe 2 min.

but yeah, its pretty clear they had grand ideas for a more intricate corprus plot but realized if you can catch it anywhere it makes everyone afraid of you and grinds your progress to a halt. There's also resist corprus as a spell effect which as you can expect is pointless.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kinda, in that there's an NPC who knows an Ash Curse spell that you can sometimes learn by fighting her that gives you 1 second corprus on self. This doesnt do anything except sometimes crash your game.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Played Morrowind again for the first time since like 2003.

I remember the game having mind blowing graphics and now it looks like Quake 3.

Do graphics go bad over time if the CD is stored improperly?

but yeah, its pretty clear they had grand ideas for a more intricate corprus plot but realized if you can catch it anywhere it makes everyone afraid of you and grinds your progress to a halt. There's also resist corprus as a spell effect which as you can expect is pointless.

Less pointless than a "cure paralysis on self" scroll?

Cat Mattress posted:

For the Fighters' Guild, my recommendation is to start at Ald'ruhn, and then once Percius Mercius runs out of quests to give you, do the other guildhalls but run their quests through Percy for moral guidance.

Also do try to run the Thieves' Guild questline first. Unless of course you're not planning to run the Thieves' Guild questline at all with that character.

I think the correct order is Fighters guild but taking the path where you kill the guild leader and takes his place. Mages guild until you become the leader. Then at the end of the thieves guild quest chain the leader will tell you to assassinate the leaders of the Fighters and Mages guilds. You respond that you are the leader of both guilds which makes the leader of the thieves guild delighted. He hands you the skeleton key and then retires, making you the leader of the thieves guild.

Katt fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 24, 2018

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

So, you're saying the graphics are still excellent?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Then at the end of the thieves guild quest chain the leader will tell you to assassinate the leaders of the Fighters and Mages guilds.

No.

The TG has absolutely no beef with the MG, and as a general rule they are opposed to assassination -- they're thieves, not murderers. The only exceptions are the Ienith brothers in the Dren Plantation near Vivec, and FG guildmaster Sjoring Hard-Heart in Vivec.

The TG will use non-violent means to deal with Eydis Fire-Eye in Balmora and Hrundi in Sadrith Mora.

With the FG, Percy in Ald'ruhn will ask you to kill Lorbumol gro-Aglakh (Sjoring's champion in Vivec) and Eydis Fire-Eye. If you did the TG quest first, you won't have to kill Eydis. And Percy will also ask you to kill Sjoring Hard-Heart once Lorbumol and Eydis are dealt with.

So if you do the TG first, you have one less guildmember murder to perform.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Played Morrowind again for the first time since like 2003.

Do graphics go bad over time if the CD is stored improperly?

Morrowind and its contemporaries are old enough that I don't notice the "badness" of the graphics, they're quaint and/or retro, far enough removed from current graphics that it's almost a style unto itself, unlike, say, 360 era graphics, which just look dated and bad.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ItBreathes posted:

Morrowind and its contemporaries are old enough that I don't notice the "badness" of the graphics, they're quaint and/or retro, far enough removed from current graphics that it's almost a style unto itself, unlike, say, 360 era graphics, which just look dated and bad.

on the other hand, i thought windwaker looked like hot garbage when it was new because i did not like cell shading at all but it has aged beautifully

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ItBreathes posted:

same, once they get to historical the graphics only stand on their own merits. Morrowind is insanely brown as gently caress tho lol. I was walking around and realized the ground was brown, the monsters nearby were brown, every piece of clothes I was wearing were shades of brown except tiny highlights, my actual character was brown, and if it had been an ash storm the sky would have been brown

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
You say that and I can only hear this:

https://youtu.be/QrgXRpX6Bco

I need to reinstall all my mods or something because, after reinstalling the client, the overhaul/model replacements aren't working. Every time I fiddle with it and then start a new game theres juib, made of about 3 polygons.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
First off your clothes shouldn't be brown because you should be wearing some kinda fly rear end blue robe or something along those lines

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
that purple robe with the gold stripe + jewels baby

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Also all of your clothes should be weird and shiny like they've been wrapped entirely in cling film

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
You should be shirtless! Did you learn nothing from Caius Cosades?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

whydirt posted:

You should be shirtless! Did you learn nothing from Caius Cosades?

Learned that while ignoring the mainquest and running around doing murders that some random hobo in a house in Balmora and also some elf in the bottom floor of the mages guild were apparently important.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Might as well repost this hot topical track

https://youtu.be/NCLu2yy_dP8

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

whydirt posted:

Might as well repost this hot topical track

https://youtu.be/NCLu2yy_dP8

Okay, but that's definitely not how you'd smoke a skooma pipe.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46123

my teams entry for morrowind modding madness

battle royale-o-wind

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Jesus Christ guys, enough already. Don't you get tired of doing amazing things with this game?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Erwin the German posted:

Jesus Christ guys, enough already. Don't you get tired of doing amazing things with this game?

:colbert: no

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Please stop making things for the good Elder Scrolls game, it would terrible if I had excuses to keep playing it forever.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if the ruby ridge mod doesn't have an illegal assault on FREE IMPERIAL CITIZENS by ordinators and buoyant armigers looking for sawed off dwarven crossbows it should have been deleted

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

if the ruby ridge mod doesn't have an illegal assault on FREE IMPERIAL CITIZENS by ordinators and buoyant armigers looking for sawed off dwarven crossbows it should have been deleted

i'll be honest i read it as Ridge reflexively too lol

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

THE CENSUS AND EXCISE OFFICE KEEPS INFRINGING UPON MY VIVEC-GIVEN RIGHT TO STACK THOUSANDS OF ARTIFACT WEAPONS IN MY SHACK

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys are overlooking the obvious MVP there, "Great House Sujamma"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQjQNlQZZ8

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Addamere posted:

You guys are overlooking the obvious MVP there, "Great House Sujamma"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQjQNlQZZ8

It's to good for this world

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45995

Lmao this is so good

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Amazing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screenshots did not deliver on advertised ability to refute a Scotsman

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

MorroGoodplace the game.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeSL66olUi4

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Are there any good mods that simply add more loot to the leveled lists? I just want to find neat stuff.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Woebin posted:

Are there any good mods that simply add more loot to the leveled lists? I just want to find neat stuff.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44976
this one is great and less obtrusive (restricted to ancestral tombs)

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42158
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45004

these two are much more intensive but if you want MORE LOOT this is exactly what you want

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44976
this one is great and less obtrusive (restricted to ancestral tombs)

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42158
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45004

these two are much more intensive but if you want MORE LOOT this is exactly what you want
This is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for when I posted, thanks!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I knew that this sujamma won't go to waste, won't go to waste, won't go to waste

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Is there a canon explanation for the giant mushrooms in Vvardenfell?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Farrier Theaks posted:

telvanni magicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Farrier Theaks posted:

yes