Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The simple joy of buying the cat fancy feast and seeing her enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/senschumer/status/1054782798459006977?s=21

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Horseshoe theory posted:

USPol, USPol Thunderdome, US State and Local Politics and Trump threads should all be mashed together into one horrible abomination rather than taking over half of the D&D, in particular since they appear to cover the same loving topics at the same time.

that's basically uspol immediately after the election and trumpthread mk 1 which ended in tears and explosions into other threads because derails and shitposts to be too much to deal with (eg; late 2016's primary chat thread, 2017s dem's bad threads)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/797296524346658816

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

that's basically uspol immediately after the election and trumpthread mk 1 which ended in tears and explosions into other threads because derails and shitposts to be too much to deal with (eg; late 2016's primary chat thread, 2017s dem's bad threads)

Hence enforcing containment with permaprobations for anyone that 'spills out' the (poo poo) discussion from the designated (poo poo) thread. R. Dieovich's purges were a good start, but sadly have not gone far enough.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

christ, someone tried to bomb soros, obama, clinton, harris, brennan, holder, and wasserman shultz

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

christ, someone tried to bomb soros, obama, clinton, harris, brennan, holder, and wasserman shultz

Americans are all literally nazis. Imagine thinking a billionaire is a leftist?

Hello mods if you're American and voted for Trump or Hillary then your literally Hitlerists.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Americans are all literally nazis. Imagine thinking a billionaire is a leftist?

Hello mods if you're American and voted for Trump or Hillary then your literally Hitlerists.

Oh word? Well poo poo I guess I’ve been on the wrong team this whole time!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Frightening Knight posted:

Oh word? Well poo poo I guess I’ve been on the wrong team this whole time!

Yeah I hope you start supporting social democracy. It will be good for you and... everyone else!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah I hope you start supporting social democracy. It will be good for you and... everyone else!

I’m not owned, I’m not owned, I continue to insist as I shrink down and transform into a Norwegian.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Frightening Knight posted:

I’m not owned, I’m not owned, I continue to insist as I shrink down and transform into a Norwegian.

Well no-one has ever been owned by me but I'm pretty sincere in that I wish people start being social democrats. I sincerely believe that is Good with a capital G.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm pretty durnkv dright mnow so i should also problaly be pronted right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

if you zoom in on the bomb you will clearly see that it's isis trying to *checks notes* disrupt our elections

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well no-one has ever been owned by me but I'm pretty sincere in that I wish people start being social democrats. I sincerely believe that is Good with a capital G.

Our system si archaic and stupid, and the challenge in front of leftists is attempting to gain enough power for true leftist policy to be advanced. As of 2018, that is a significant challenge and it is hard to actually see a way pure leftist policy can be enacted without some kind of compromise, like holding one's nose and voting for Dread Aubela

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1055108493160652802

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
also the head of rockstar games said in an interview with gq they're not gonna make any more gta games while trump's in office because there's nothing they could come up with that's more absurd than real life at the moment

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The Muppets On PCP posted:

also the head of rockstar games said in an interview with gq they're not gonna make any more gta games while trump's in office because there's nothing they could come up with that's more absurd than real life at the moment

that's a nice cover for "we were already going to spend 5 billion dollars and a decade making it, and upon release it will make us a trillion dollars"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i mean yeah but that doesn't make the statement any less true

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i struggle to believe the used word terrorism irl, maybe its just too late and im missing some crucial joke here

anyways that cnn video is quite unsettling

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lmao

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my coworkers have realized i can cook and now i'm some kind of recipe hub

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
watching this clip of cnn anchors reporting on the evacuation of their own building using a cellphone is certainly bizarre

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what is your favourite recipe

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

:yayclod:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

incredible flesh posted:

what is your favourite recipe

to cook or to eat?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

to cook or to eat?

yes

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://twitter.com/AndrewGillum/status/1055265872930095104

god drat

tonkatsu broth ramen is my favorite to make and fried chicken sandwiches and home made fries are my favorite to eat. the chicken and french fries using kenji lopez-alt's recipes, the tonkatsu using a recipe i've cobbled together from some reddit posts and trial and error

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

tonkatsu broth ramen is my favorite to make and fried chicken sandwiches and home made fries are my favorite to eat. the chicken and french fries using kenji lopez-alt's recipes, the tonkatsu using a recipe i've cobbled together from some reddit posts and trial and error

First one sounds amazing, second one sounds boring but sometimes boring is really tasty (see: poutine).

Im terrible at making any kind of noodle dish so I trend towards chicken. I tried a few recipes with glazes but they all tasted too similar no matter what I stuck in them. So I experimented and ended up with a neat little chicken dish using balsamic vinegar and marinating some boneless chicken breasts. I dice up some potatoes and toss them in during baking and they soak up the flavour pretty well. Ive also tried serving it over rice and its pretty good that way too.

Cooking is fun. I always get sad when I meet people that live off take out and premade meals. :(

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
trump is a 'get out and vote!' decorum guy now lol

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Furnaceface posted:

First one sounds amazing, second one sounds boring but sometimes boring is really tasty (see: poutine).

Im terrible at making any kind of noodle dish so I trend towards chicken. I tried a few recipes with glazes but they all tasted too similar no matter what I stuck in them. So I experimented and ended up with a neat little chicken dish using balsamic vinegar and marinating some boneless chicken breasts. I dice up some potatoes and toss them in during baking and they soak up the flavour pretty well. Ive also tried serving it over rice and its pretty good that way too.

Cooking is fun. I always get sad when I meet people that live off take out and premade meals. :(

Cook's Illustrated is a great place for learning how to cook, the recipes are very detailed and methodical

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
their pbs show based around making poor people food is hilarious because they find unique ways to butcher perfectly good dishes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite was when they tried to make bread pudding using a slow cooker and it was like soup with chunks of bread floating in it

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

got a link to that? I sorta like food trainwrecks i.e. that youtube bartender "mint julep" video or sad old man making nachos or sally mayonnaise.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

got a link to that? I sorta like food trainwrecks i.e. that youtube bartender "mint julep" video or sad old man making nachos or sally mayonnaise.

bröther...

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

yeah... you in not a good place was some good entertainment for me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the bartender youtube is performance art and you cant convince me otherwise

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah... you in not a good place was some good entertainment for me

what do they call it, throwback thursday?

https://twitter.com/awkwardgoogle/status/1044589799678439426

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://giant.gfycat.com/HairyKindlyFreshwatereel.webm

• Locked thread