Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Archespores absolutely hosed my poo poo up whenever I was too lazy to eat Golden Oriole, I don't know why. I'd just regularly get slaughtered before I could even get within range.
Also yeah the packs of dogs in White Orchard before you're completely familiar with the combat system.
Also spiders that run away if you don't use Signs on them before hitting them.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So did the monsters all come from the same hell plane during the conjugation or are some from different ones?

It's actually a declension :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
how the heck do you get puppet to trigger, I can get Geralt to make the sign appear before his hand but he just hits with the same effect as delusion?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

how the heck do you get puppet to trigger, I can get Geralt to make the sign appear before his hand but he just hits with the same effect as delusion?
There used to be a bug where it won't work if you have delusion and puppet equipped at the same time, I dunno whether they ever fixed that. By the way the effect is kind of poo poo IIRC and you're better off just cutting or burning everyone to bits.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

pik_d posted:

This is what whirl is for

I barely used whirl, just a lot of fast attacks.

Coming to W3 right after Bloodborne kind of made for a trivial experience in terms of difficulty, though.

Come to think of it, if you were going to make a Bloodborne knockoff, The Witcher would be like a dream setting to work with.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i guess i will play thronebreaker on easy. i really dont want to learn gwent techniques. its me, im the loving casual

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So did the monsters all come from the same hell plane during the conjugation or are some from different ones?

I think we came from the hell plane and invaded their world?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I think we came from the hell plane and invaded their world?

Humans came to the world during the Conjunction yeah, before that there were only the elder races (elves, dwarves, halflings). Monsters came from other planes at the same time too, though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Drowners are actually just dead people mutated by magic and such, I asume similiar for ghosts and the like.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The elves also came from another dimension. There was travel between the spheres beforehand, the conjunction was just a gigantic cataclysmic event where a lot of spheres intertwined simultaneously. The Aen Seidh left the world of the Aen Elle and settled on the continent before the conjunction.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m not far into Thronebreaker yet, but I’m really enjoying it. Between this game, Witcher 3, and the Gwent stand-alone, I prefer the way this game handles Gwent. It’s quick and punchy and the puzzle fights are fun. And the choices you have to make are not easy, and no matter what I’m constantly pissing someone off.

TLDR: Thronebreaker good!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It reminds me a lot of the Hands of Fate games. Especially the second.

And I really like how hardly any of the time is spent as an actual 3 round Gwent match. Most of the time the cards are being used really abstractly to represent a narrative battle.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Thronebreaker is great so far and it's amusing how much it borrows from the King's Bounty series of games. Don't sleep on it just because some guy at GOG is a moron.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Bearded ladies are canon now!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I will say that both Gwent and Thronebreaker are games I’d love to have on iPad.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Any tips for winning the Thronebreaker puzzle fight in the town where Pogrom is going and you need to off angry peasant mob.?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

alex314 posted:

Any tips for winning the Thronebreaker puzzle fight in the town where Pogrom is going and you need to off angry peasant mob.?

If it’s the one I think it is, use your soldiers abilities to switch rows. There’s a card that gains armor every time a card is added to the row. Switching rows back and forth gains more armor.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thronebreaker looks like fun. Any estimate on how long it is / how many matches there are?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

steinrokkan posted:

Thronebreaker looks like fun. Any estimate on how long it is / how many matches there are?

Most reviews or ads about the game suggest about 30 hours of play. It’s real good so far.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Most matches so far were 2-3 minutes per attempt.
Thanks for the fight tip, I'll probably play during the weekend at the earliest. So far I've skipped only 1 fight in ~3 hours: couldn't figure out how to stop bandit wagons on time.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is this where we are supposed to discuss Thronebreaker? Why isn't there a thread for it :mad:

GameSpot's review claimed the only real downside to the game was that it's a little easy. Maybe I'm a retard, but I'm finding it tricky. Playing on medium.

Can't figure out how to stop the 3 gold wagons. I haven't added to my deck yet though. I might have succeeded on one try (I'm using ALT-F4 to quit and try again), but the tutorial never told me you can't put more than 9 cards on a row. :mad:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

There is one, there is obviously cross pollination.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

PirateBob posted:

Is this where we are supposed to discuss Thronebreaker? Why isn't there a thread for it :mad:

GameSpot's review claimed the only real downside to the game was that it's a little easy. Maybe I'm a retard, but I'm finding it tricky. Playing on medium.

Can't figure out how to stop the 3 gold wagons. I haven't added to my deck yet though. I might have succeeded on one try (I'm using ALT-F4 to quit and try again), but the tutorial never told me you can't put more than 9 cards on a row. :mad:

You can forfeit and retry any match, you don't need to close out the whole game.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Wicked Them Beats posted:

You can forfeit and retry any match, you don't need to close out the whole game.

Ahh, thanks.

I actually won now. :D

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

There is one, there is obviously cross pollination.

The only other thread I could find was the one for Gwent multiplayer.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

PirateBob posted:

The only other thread I could find was the one for Gwent multiplayer.

Since Thronebreaker is a 30 hour ad for Gwent that's probably the most appropriate thread for it.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Meve is loving awesome. Decisions in Throne breaker have loving weight. My army got hosed from within by a saboteur because I took a compassionate choice.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I thought it was a card game

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

GrossMurpel posted:

I thought it was a card game

It is. But you have a story and choices to make in-between the card games.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Really does remind me of shandalar which I kind of want to dig out and play now

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm ok with missing out on Thronebreaker because... you know, it's a loving card game, who cares.

But I certainly hope they fire that guy by the time Cyberpunk comes out.

And sell it on Steam. Obviously.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Xander77 posted:

I'm ok with missing out on Thronebreaker because... you know, it's a loving card game, who cares.

:confused:

I mean...gog is definitely the superior option w/r/t DRM and directly funding the developer...

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Xander77 posted:

They're not gonna fire that guy and he's gonna do it again.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
how do i put johnny's voice back in the bottle?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

how do i put johnny's voice back in the bottle?

I bet you murder the trolls too..

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mango sentinel posted:

They're not gonna fire that guy and he's gonna do it again.

I was expecting them to have taken some sort of action by now. Lot less people willing to give them the benefit of the doubt a second time. They're usually quick to react when they know they hosed up (I'm not counting that handwave on Twitter).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean...gog is definitely the superior option w/r/t DRM and directly funding the developer...

I still preffer steam for keeping their game up to date all by itself, gog has you do all that manually and they tend to get patches late too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rinkles posted:

I was expecting them to have taken some sort of action by now. Lot less people willing to give them the benefit of the doubt a second time. They're usually quick to react when they know they hosed up (I'm not counting that handwave on Twitter).

I get the impression that they really don't care.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Avalerion posted:

I still preffer steam for keeping their game up to date all by itself, gog has you do all that manually and they tend to get patches late too.

Gog updates your library if you use Galaxy. The fact you don't have to is another advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Gog updates your library if you use Galaxy. The fact you don't have to is another advantage.

Getting yet another program to launch games from is a negative