Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the absolute boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Oh no, avs got permabanned again? :negative:

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Miftan posted:

Lol you're an idiot. Race is a social construct and is 100% meaningful part of the I/P conflict. Just like how the Irish used to not be considered white. It might not be 'white' supremacy (even though Ashkenazi Jews have a monopoly on power in Israel) but Jewish supremacy is very similar.

Which I haven't denied at all. In theory it's a similar architecture, but white nationalist framing explicitly rejects Jews in all contexts. I think Likud wants to enact Jewish supremacism by any means necessary, and that does not warrant mirroring their tactics, or all or nothing/accelerationist type responses that will fracture the opposition and in practice help Likud significantly.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Which I haven't denied at all. In theory it's a similar architecture, but white nationalist framing explicitly rejects Jews in all contexts.

From occupying "white lands". Many of them actually kind of admire an increasingly rigid ethnostate run by violent bigoted militarists.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Israel just keep doing what they're doing

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/israel-reduce-gaza-fishing-zone-181006152457024.html

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grape posted:

From occupying "white lands". Many of them actually kind of admire an increasingly rigid ethnostate run by violent bigoted militarists.

I hear those admiring statements about Israel from our local finnish fascists quite often in fact. In those circles that I frequent on the reg.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Look at this guy having actual principles.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Note on this - from 9 nautical miles to 6 nautical miles might not sound like much. I'm not sure the specific area involved but it could be like moving from 120-something nautical miles squared to 50-something nautical miles squared, with access limited to the shallowest waters, so who knows what kind of overfished stocks are available.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

So cool and good that they're restricting the fishing zone because of protests. Definitely not collective punishment tho... and best part is they say it is because some fishermen used their boats to go to a beach protest. I'm not sure how reducing the fishing zone even helps mitigate that other than potentially putting fishermen out of business. Disgusting as gently caress

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Raldikuk posted:

Definitely not collective punishment tho... Disgusting as gently caress

Yeah, I don't think they'll ever stop until either they either have all the land they want or they're forced to stop through an intervention.

:(

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Raldikuk posted:

So cool and good that they're restricting the fishing zone because of protests. Definitely not collective punishment tho... and best part is they say it is because some fishermen used their boats to go to a beach protest. I'm not sure how reducing the fishing zone even helps mitigate that other than potentially putting fishermen out of business. Disgusting as gently caress

If the fishermen can't eat they can't go to a protest now can they?

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/second-major-u-s-jewish-charity-funding-canary-mission-blacklist-1.6551774

I hate The Forward but they did good this time. Now if only they'd stop running nauseating op eds

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/m...tml#xtor=AL-447

Israel's ambassador in France called a TV station to tell them not to broadcast a documentary on Gaza, on the ground that it could have a negative influence on Israel's image. She didn't actually see the documentary in question, though.

That's the first time in France that an ambassador believes they are entitled to censor local medias.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I mean, Israel embassy staff got caught on Camera in the UK stating how they basically lobby politicians to support Israel, no questions asked, while simultaneously plotting conspiracy theory esque escapades (setting up "grassroots" organisations to get Israel Critical MPs unelected, etc) to make sure that any detractors don't get to be MPs for long.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Kim Jong Il posted:

The conflict between Israelis and Palestinians is nationalist, not racially motivated

This is the stupidest thing you've ever posted in years of this thread posting dumb poo poo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Drone_Fragger posted:

I mean, Israel embassy staff got caught on Camera in the UK stating how they basically lobby politicians to support Israel, no questions asked, while simultaneously plotting conspiracy theory esque escapades (setting up "grassroots" organisations to get Israel Critical MPs unelected, etc) to make sure that any detractors don't get to be MPs for long.

extremely antisemitic post

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

This is fairly important, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone familiar with the subject speaks up.

Did the Jordanian disengagement from the West Bank mean that some / all Palestinian residents East Jerusalem / West Bank lose their Jordanian citizenship? Searching around, I've found a lot of answers that go "it depends" "for certain purposes, but not for others" and "it's a matter of perspective". I know that the Ministry of Interior requires East Jerusalem residents to declare they give up their Jordanian citizenship if they want to acquire an Israeli one.

Obviously, Jordan wants any possible excuse to deny Palestinians Jordanian citizenship - but the very fact that they are arbitrarily denied citizenship to thousands of West Bank residents over the last decade kinda means that the 1988 disengagement did not automatically terminate citizenship for everyone.

Is there any sort of official document that states the matter clearly? A court verdict, a procedure, a declaration?

The fate of the world hangs in the balance, obviously.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Anecdotally, while working at an airport I've seen East Jerusalem residents with Jordanian passports several times over the last few years, so they do still exist. I don't really know anything beyond that, unfortunately.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Goddamn Chad vs Goliath over here.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/image-palestinian-protester-gaza-viral-181024113924724.html

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I feel like all that needs to be said about the I/P conflict lies in the fact that Palestinians are fighting back with slings while the Israelis have F-16s.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
please remember that the palestinians have access to stealth terror balloon technology before you make your little jokes, they practically rule the air

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

goddamn that rules.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
I've seen Israelis online citing the prevalence of fat people in Gaza as proof that there's no food shortage due to the blockade. I suspect they'll use him as proof that there's no protein shortage there either.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hentai Jihadist posted:

extremely antisemitic post

In this new age of "new antisemitism" I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. But anyway, have a respected newspaper report on this if you're interested.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/08/israeli-diplomat-shai-masot-plotted-against-mps-set-up-political-groups-labour

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

some day these two can join forces

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

That picture is gangster as all gently caress :rock:

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
is sneeches on the beaches antisemitic?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/Mondoweiss/status/1055912007512272896

:yeshaha:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

How does Bibi maintain that supervillain smirk for every single one of his appearances? It's like a form of art.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

quote:

Overall, 37 percent of Americans view Israel as an “ally” and 25 percent as friendly, compared to only 9 percent who said Israel was “unfriendly” and another 6 percent who actually describe Israel as “an enemy,” with another 23 percent saying that they were “not sure.” Israel’s overall positive results (62 percent view it as either an ally or friendly) pale in comparison to those of Canada (81 percent) and the United Kingdom (80 percent) but are only slightly less positive than those of Germany (68 percent), Japan (69 percent) and South Korea (68 percent).

It's a drop in trendlines, but as the articles makes clear, it's hard to figure out how much of this is because of Trump, and Netanyahu's idiocy.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This was already happening before Trump because Netanyahu made it really really obvious that he prefers Republicans and hated Obama. Trump associating himself so closely with Israel and Netanyahu probably did make it worse though.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Hanukkah came early this year for anyone who has high expectations for the eventual breakdown of Israel's relationship with diaspora Jews.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Elizrael/status/1056541029472583680

They straight-up asked him on TV if he was willing to call it a synagogue and he said that he wouldn't due to religious and ideological differences.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

Hanukkah came early this year for anyone who has high expectations for the eventual breakdown of Israel's relationship with diaspora Jews.

They straight-up asked him on TV if he was willing to call it a synagogue and he said that he wouldn't due to religious and ideological differences.
:cripes:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Clear Jewish Characteristic is the name of my klezmer band

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Main Paineframe posted:

Jesus Christ....

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/YousefMunayyer/status/1056942942928207874

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Clear Jewish Characteristic is the name of my klezmer band
Clear Jewish Characteristics, where else have I heard that before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

It's a gross sentiment that's far too common, but doesn't seem to be accurate in the case of Lau. But I'm all for reducing the political power of anti-Zionist Haredim (who Lau was responding to) in favor of secular Zionists.