Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:yeah: :3:

Man, all that art people post just makes me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh god lunch was too spicy.

I don't feel well.

E: the spicy head high just hit, we're okay.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 24, 2018

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

klapman posted:

Now are we talking takeout or proper Chinese food? I've never had real Chinese, but I'm sure it'll come up eventually. If we're talking takeout you can prize my G. Tso's from my cold dead hands

I have a fairly legit Chinese place near me and have to supplant their orange chicken for what I expect of Tso's. I've never really quite known what Tso's is supposed to be.

Do you expect crispy fried chicken thigh in dark sauce, or chicken and vegetable stir-fry in dark sauce, or something else? Because only the sauce is what I find to be fairly consistent from place to place.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This documentary about General Tso and Chinese American food in general was pretty good. Might still be on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gctopt7hPqI

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:sparkles:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I made a robot

https://imgur.com/a/NJVvCEQ

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah the green ranger is my favorite power ranger too

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Nice Robert.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
wow check out the big spender here with a dining table AND a rug

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

wow check out the big spender here with a dining table AND a rug

I got both from my parents so

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/1055207252918001666

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As a bachelor I am required by law to eat at my desk.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

As a bachelor I am required by law to eat at my desk.

I mostly eat in my bed

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I will never forget the exact way the announcer says "ON THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN."

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I will never forget the exact way the announcer says "ON THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN."

News is a very good caddy/reporter.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a fine and cute hachi chapter this week, well done masuda

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/miura_n315/status/1055105391267323905

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Ranzear posted:

I have a fairly legit Chinese place near me and have to supplant their orange chicken for what I expect of Tso's. I've never really quite known what Tso's is supposed to be.

Do you expect crispy fried chicken thigh in dark sauce, or chicken and vegetable stir-fry in dark sauce, or something else? Because only the sauce is what I find to be fairly consistent from place to place.

The kind I've always gotten that seems to be standard in every takeout place near me has chicken, dark sauce, fried rice, a couple pieces of broccoli, and then misc vegetables with onions. I gotta be honest, I haven't actually experimented too much with takeout because the moment I first had General Tso's it just became the Thing for me. IDK what it is but I can't imagine ordering chinese, at least from a takeout place, and not have it be General Tso's.

a kitten posted:

This documentary about General Tso and Chinese American food in general was pretty good. Might still be on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gctopt7hPqI

I think I remember seeing this on there, though I haven't had Netflix in ages. Will check it out and see if I've been secretly braindrugged into loving it or something.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I really need to rewatch Haibane Renmei.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:hr::hr::hr::hr::hr:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

:rip: Epic Head Massage guy.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

tfw your assassination attempt is foiled by your empty stomach.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Quick question: If you're a shipper and you want your favorite canon pair to have eternal youth and never grow old and die, but the pair doesn't want immortality, would that be forcing their relationship against their will? I'm having this problem regarding Monogatari to the point where thinking about the canon pair's future (one of my few sacred cows) just makes me feel very sad.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

klapman posted:

Now are we talking takeout or proper Chinese food? I've never had real Chinese, but I'm sure it'll come up eventually. If we're talking takeout you can prize my G. Tso's from my cold dead hands

Fair point, Chinese takeout shops in a lot of places are, like, inexplicably bad. Take what you can get.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Grouchio posted:

Quick question: If you're a shipper and you want your favorite canon pair to have eternal youth and never grow old and die, but the pair doesn't want immortality, would that be forcing their relationship against their will? I'm having this problem regarding Monogatari to the point where thinking about the canon pair's future (one of my few sacred cows) just makes me feel very sad.

If anyone's immortal than there's at least a few dozen other immortal people, so there's still a range for wide and varied relationships and awkward breakups/reunions. IMO it's fine but frankly I'm drunk and don't really understand the question.

Dzhay posted:

Fair point, Chinese takeout shops in a lot of places are, like, inexplicably bad. Take what you can get.

I still enjoyed my General Tso's today but if I'm going to be entirely honest it was really crunchy and messed up this time. The rice/sauce was far more enjoyable than the actual chicken, which was an enormous shame. Still, the best thing about chinese takeout is that you can have it as your one meal in a day and it's not even remotely difficult.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Would this post make any more sense if I'd watched more than 3 arcs of bake

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it would not

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

klapman posted:

If anyone's immortal than there's at least a few dozen other immortal people, so there's still a range for wide and varied relationships and awkward breakups/reunions. IMO it's fine but frankly I'm drunk and don't really understand the question.
Araragi's immortal and best girl Crab isn't. Since she doesn't want involvement with oddities or anything she will eventually grow old and predecease him. To know that's inevitable is really sad.
So the self-insert in my head goes No! I want to make you immortal to fix this and I have the means to! (like vanilla eternal youth or something). Wouldn't such an act go against her will and throw shade on her character?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kiss Shot best girl

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Grouchio posted:

Araragi's immortal and best girl Crab isn't. Since she doesn't want involvement with oddities or anything she will eventually grow old and predecease him. To know that's inevitable is really sad.
So the self-insert in my head goes No! I want to make you immortal to fix this and I have the means to! (like vanilla eternal youth or something). Wouldn't such an act go against her will and throw shade on her character?

Oh yeah that'd absolutely gently caress poo poo up, 100%. Definitely not cool imo. Way better to have the immortal guy forever remember his lost love as he goes further and further into a future that has no memory of her. It's actually really interesting to think of plots like this but take it super far down the line, to the point where Senjougahara would be a complete nothing character because Araragi has several centuries under him and the tone becomes something way more somber than Monogatari proper. Like just have him as the character of Araragi, but he's also just the standard tortured immortal love interest with a dark past. I love doing that sort of thing with characters, having every character in a story be in their own part of their personal and long-lasting journey. Loads of stuff you can do with this idea.

It's really fun to toy with character's fates, though in Senjougahara's case I'd say that forcing that on her would only be interesting if you have a very particular endgame in mind. Otherwise you'd be stuck with "well I hate this" which, while understandable, is not a very compelling narrative arc to sit through.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

klapman posted:

Oh yeah that'd absolutely gently caress poo poo up, 100%. Definitely not cool imo. Way better to have the immortal guy forever remember his lost love as he goes further and further into a future that has no memory of her. It's actually really interesting to think of plots like this but take it super far down the line, to the point where Senjougahara would be a complete nothing character because Araragi has several centuries under him and the tone becomes something way more somber than Monogatari proper. Like just have him as the character of Araragi, but he's also just the standard tortured immortal love interest with a dark past. I love doing that sort of thing with characters, having every character in a story be in their own part of their personal and long-lasting journey. Loads of stuff you can do with this idea.

It's really fun to toy with character's fates, though in Senjougahara's case I'd say that forcing that on her would only be interesting if you have a very particular endgame in mind. Otherwise you'd be stuck with "well I hate this" which, while understandable, is not a very compelling narrative arc to sit through.
Thanks, I understand.

Then again anti-aging tech decades down the line could make this problem moot. Nisio write this in one of your books decades from now. :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Motto posted:

same

me rn

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I watched Bakemonogatari sober, then Nisemonogatari while too stoned, and all I remember from the latter is that one dude who totally fucks up the animation every time he shows up and he's really scary and slidey. As such I feel fully qualified to talk about the characters and how they should end up

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

imo bakugo shouldn't be allowed to be that cute

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

klapman posted:

I watched Bakemonogatari sober, then Nisemonogatari while too stoned, and all I remember from the latter is that one dude who totally fucks up the animation every time he shows up and he's really scary and slidey. As such I feel fully qualified to talk about the characters and how they should end up

hHhAHA....... it's laced with drugs

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

DisDisDis posted:

hHhAHA....... it's laced with drugs

All of Ryo's facial expressions crack me up beyond belief, and while Crybaby is what got me into Devilman, the manga was awesome too. The laced with drugs image was a very close second for my av... Japan kicks rear end.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

imo bakugo shouldn't be allowed to be that cute

He should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

klapman posted:

I'll be happy to share with you who my self-insert character is. Something I've conjured up over the years whenever I watch/read anime.