Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

"Fun? In our game?? Cant have that!"

When did Blizzard acquire Niantic? :v:

I'm actually relieved they stopped giving occasional bonuses to evolutions and transfers. This means I don't have to constantly hoard trash for min-maxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Double candy for everything will never happen again. They only did it for the first Halloween and they realized how overpowered it is, especially now that there is trading and Pinap berries and all sorts of things. After that, it's always been with restrictions like catch only or hatch only.

I'm glad, because I don't like hoarding crap Dratinis until Halloween. And if you like that, you can still hoard them for long-distance trades or you can hoard research reward Dratinis to catch them during Halloween.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If any of you are my friend, please send gifts. Don't care if it's a Starbucks or whatever. I used all my pinaps on beldum and those loving starters, and gifts seem to be the best way to replenish them!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Guessing I had 18 runaway Mewtwo.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
If you're a rural player or if you've spun all the poke stops nearby and are having a hard time finding more, download ingress, register to play and then go check out the intel map here: https://www.ingress.com/intel

A lot of the ingress portals were reused for poke stops/gyms, so you may be able to find some farm an ingress nerd made that you wouldn't expect to be nearby.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

If you're a rural player or if you've spun all the poke stops nearby and are having a hard time finding more, download ingress, register to play and then go check out the intel map here: https://www.ingress.com/intel

A lot of the ingress portals were reused for poke stops/gyms, so you may be able to find some farm an ingress nerd made that you wouldn't expect to be nearby.

There is also https://www.pokemongomap.info/

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/1055082531429605376

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Pod6isjerks, it looks like we're ultra friends tomorrow if we open a gift today. We can coordinate with PMs or something if you want. Got one other person opening tomorrow at 10am (gmt -7) if that's a reasonable time for you.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Beastyfella posted:

Pod6isjerks

You've haven't opened my gift for like 2 months :argh:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Beastyfella posted:

Pod6isjerks,

Yo Pod give me a heads up when you open the gift you are sitting on so I can pop a lucky egg.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Apparently Meltan will take 400 candies to evolve into Melmetal.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

If any of you are my friend, please send gifts. Don't care if it's a Starbucks or whatever. I used all my pinaps on beldum and those loving starters, and gifts seem to be the best way to replenish them!

5391 5682 2554

Friend me, I take a walk around a pokestop-populated university at least three times a week and bury my friends list in gifts. Currently sitting on 4 and out of friends that can take them today.

E:this goes for anyone, all I ask is that you open gifts at least once a week or so.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wheany posted:

Lol, so after everyone threw the "visit 3 new pokestops" field research tasks in the trash as soon as they saw it, now they made the poo poo quest mandatory.

I don't know if it's different for the special research, but for those quests, a PokeStop you haven't visited in awhile totally counts. I got one of those quests and had planned to hit a park in the next town over that I knew I had never been to. Ended up completing the quest when I spun a few stops at the shopping mall I got to maybe once in a blue moon. I think as long as the Stop has that halo around it, it counts as "new."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
If any rural players would trust a goon, I live out near Phoenix and we have plenty of parks with lots of stops, I'd be willing to help out and get you the 8 News stops really fast if you want.

But if you don't need to do that part of the quest to get the new Pokemon?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Entropist posted:

Double candy for everything will never happen again. They only did it for the first Halloween and they realized how overpowered it is, especially now that there is trading and Pinap berries and all sorts of things. After that, it's always been with restrictions like catch only or hatch only.

I'm theorizing the same for double exp and the emergence of friends. Not only are friend exp bonuses way bigger bonuses than mass-evolving, it's much more friendly for casual players than doing the math for how many evolutions they can trigger within 30 minutes and how many evolution fodder they need to keep in storage.

That said, I can use an egg on ultra/best friends and still use the rest of the timer for mass evolutions. Anyway, RIP no limit double exp/candy events.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LumpyGumby posted:

Apparently Meltan will take 400 loving candies to evolve into Melmetal.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Losnhah and nope111111 send me a gift plz

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't know if it's different for the special research, but for those quests, a PokeStop you haven't visited in awhile totally counts. I got one of those quests and had planned to hit a park in the next town over that I knew I had never been to. Ended up completing the quest when I spun a few stops at the shopping mall I got to maybe once in a blue moon. I think as long as the Stop has that halo around it, it counts as "new."

Pokestops you've already been to only regain the halo if something about them changes (name, picture, description, location).

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

TheEye posted:

Pokestops you've already been to only regain the halo if something about them changes (name, picture, description, location).

It must not count pokestop visits from several years ago then because I checked today and there's rings around all the pokestop where I worked when the game came out. I'm certain not all of them have changed.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
They all "changed" when niantic swapped to using OSM, I haven't seen any of the stops I hit reset since.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I just got a shiny Drifloon, it's the cutest!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

OgreNoah posted:

:swoon:

I like Drifloon.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Halloween event coincided with me visiting San Fran for a conference, so I've already burned 108 berries and hitting 8 new stops will be pretty simple during my lunch break!

The game in SF is as nuts as you think it would be too. Just show up to any 5 star raid at any time and it'll fill with what I assume are bots and maybe 1 or 2 real people.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Psychobabble! posted:

One of my friends just completed the entire research tonight so it's possible. Helps a ton if you have a gotcha or go +(and live in a reasonably populated area ofc)

Catching the 108 is the easy part. It’s getting enough berries to get past that stage that’s the hard part.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Here's some appropriate music for those on the road to Spiritomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1kGqvYI8Y

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I blew my first 2 Giratina raids before figuring out the attack animation timing and then I bagged 5 in a row. Good day!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It irritates me that if you start a raid close to when the timer runs out and then you get a network error or your game freezes which causes you to exit the catch screen, you lose the chance to catch the Pokémon because the raid timer is now expired.

How is this acceptable?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's happened to me a few times and it's infuriating

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

slave to my cravings posted:

It irritates me that if you start a raid close to when the timer runs out and then you get a network error or your game freezes which causes you to exit the catch screen, you lose the chance to catch the Pokémon because the raid timer is now expired.

How is this acceptable?

~niantic~

Also lol, we "killed" the boss today, but the timer still counted down to 0 and we lost. Good job fuckos

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’d be nice if they could change it so the reward is like a field quest encounter cause there is so many ways a raid encounter can get hosed up.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Pro tip; don't use curve balls when trying to get the 108 berries unless you have tons of mons available. You can use multiple berries per mon if they break out and I tested to make sure and they all count.

So throwing a ton of nanabs and straight regulars is the best thing to do but who keeps those? Woops

Lol you call that a pro tip? A real pro always throws curve balls.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Do people usually coordinate good friends, or is that only really necessary for Ultra/Best friends?

Either way, if you're 1 gift away from good friends with NekoSukimin, I'm popping them tomorrow at 7AM Arizona time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pomplamoose posted:

Lol you call that a pro tip? A real pro always throws curve balls.

You're intentionally making your catcg chance lower, which is the whole point in using multiple berries per mon

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I don't even have 108 berries in my inventory right now so gotta spin those stops and open those boxes while I catch the mons along the way.

How's that for a pro-tip!!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1055218055515697152

Make sure to not use up all your Pokeballs or you might miss out on another starter CD!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I wonder if itll be an underwhelming move.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

It's probably blast burn, 110 power 2 bar. Does it actually have a use even with that though? I figure it'd be just like Charizard where it's still outclassed hopelessly by Moltres and has stiff competition everywhere else. Double catch xp and double catch stardust is nice though.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

OgreNoah posted:

My gotcha got one on the drive home from work today. Good day! Love random shinies.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My GF is finally doing the add friends quest, can some of you kind goons add her?
7412 2635 5132
e: she also needs lots of balls, send gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Boywunda posted:

My gotcha got one on the drive home from work today. Good day! Love random shinies.

I somehow managed to lose my Gotcha between the car and the house. it was in my pocket, and when I arrived inside, it was no longer in my pocket. The pocket also has no holes, so I don't understand what happened. I guess I'm buying a new one at Gamestop tomorrow.

Edit: Found it! It slipped between the seat and the middle console almost immediately I expect, somehow.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 25, 2018