Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ariong posted:

I certainly hope that Meltan and Melmetal become available in the main series games at some point. I don’t like the idea of certain pokemon being exclusive to certain games. Particularly if the games they are exclusive to are the ones I don’t play.

Manaphy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ariong posted:

I certainly hope that Meltan and Melmetal become available in the main series games at some point. I don’t like the idea of certain pokemon being exclusive to certain games. Particularly if the games they are exclusive to are the ones I don’t play.

They will, Pokemon have never been locked to a single game, only forms have. That said, how they will be obtainable is a lot more questionable, they may need you to connect directly to Let's Go just for Game Freak and Nintendo to get more money. But even if that happens, someone will cheat them in eventually, so whatever.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Would it be too greedy of me to ask for some pokemon in exchange for codes? I would really like a shiny poipole (from a redeemed code, so I can have a shiny Poipole and Naganadel.) Other than that not really looking for anything in specific just some cool stuff for my budding collection. Looking for things like perfect IV stuff for breeding, pokemon that are hard to catch, starters (at the moment especially Piplup and Chimchar) or pokemon with cool moves you cant get anymore. I'm trying to build a collection before the next mainline games on the switch.

I have 2 Poipole codes, 2 Zekrom/Reshiram codes, and 12 Latias/Latios codes.

(please gmail me, same username, I don't have a premium account)

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 24, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ariong posted:

Did people think togepi and hooh were anime exclusive back in 199whatever

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Man we're finding a lot about Let's Go now. I guess I'll add more info to the OP. But the game ain't out juuuuuuust yet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaze Dragon posted:

They will, Pokemon have never been locked to a single game, only forms have. That said, how they will be obtainable is a lot more questionable, they may need you to connect directly to Let's Go just for Game Freak and Nintendo to get more money. But even if that happens, someone will cheat them in eventually, so whatever.

Eh, Arceus/Mew/Celebi and a few others were de facto unobtainable for at least a generation after their release unless you lived in some very specific parts of Japan.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
melmetal is less stupid than meltan. he's stupid in the good way. i accept melmetal

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
but Meltan was already top tier

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Ariong posted:

Or ones that you can't get outside of events. I just only finally got shaymin and arceus, still pissed that I missed that fighting ghost dude.

Not to mention evolving it! Needing 400 candy in a bad AR game, which expects you to grind a ton, is a terrible way to obtain an exclusive pokemon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
whgat's the status on monpoke

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

indigi posted:

whgat's the status on monpoke

baby form of Slowpoke

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

less laughter posted:

but Meltan was already top tier

Meltan is confirmed pretty drat cute. That little floating pupil sells it.

Can't believe people thought this guy was a *glitch*.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i think he sucks

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Meltan thinks you suck too

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Meltan and the teaser of a bunch of them in a house looks like a Pikmin enemy. This is okay.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wish it moved more like liquid metal. for example, in that gif the meltans hanging from the chandelier, I do not like how their bottoms stay flat.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's cute overall but there are a few real headscratchers when it comes to design decisions

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

indigi posted:

it's cute overall but there are a few real headscratchers when it comes to design decisions

E.g. being 3,000 years old yet having an electric wire for a tail.

It's either a time traveler or planted by an advanced alien civilization back in the day.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

less laughter posted:

E.g. being 3,000 years old yet having an electric wire for a tail.

It's either a time traveler or planted by an advanced alien civilization back in the day.

Kalos built an immortality device and then turned it into a giant death ray 3,000 years ago, I don't think electric wires are that far-fetched.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah but them having the same form factor is pretty stupid, as is the coloring which is a real bonkers choice

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm glad Meltan has a really convoluted and grindy method for evolving because honestly who would want to evolve it :kimchi:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm glad Meltan has a really convoluted and grindy method for evolving because honestly who would want to evolve it :kimchi:

Me, I have to keep that Pokedex complete.

I'd keep one unevolved for the Livingdex though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mythical pokemon are only slightly more real than fan pokemon imo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rotom fan is very real

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm fully onboard the Meltan/Melmetal train. Not enough to buy these games and download PGO again, but enough to prove steel type is best type.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Apparently Meltan was designed to fit in with the Gen 1 designs which is why he's so simple.

I guess that choice did not apply to Melmetal though, that guy is a beast and he's the best

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
So, is the poke pelago the only way to get a round stone? I wanted to use happiny, and evolve it but dang... that's quite awhile to wait. Would I be able to trade for one?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aerofallosov posted:

So, is the poke pelago the only way to get a round stone? I wanted to use happiny, and evolve it but dang... that's quite awhile to wait. Would I be able to trade for one?

Bulbapedia says that 50% of wild happiny hold one. So get a pokemon with thief, or just keep catching them until you get one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

mandatory lesbian posted:

Did people think togepi and hooh were anime exclusive back in 199whatever

We thought you could get togepi by using strength on the wall in that part before victory road where you have to surf while showing he guards your badges

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Aerofallosov posted:

I occasionally pick one up from those ambush encounters of Chansey in the Poni Wilds. When the battle ends there's a small chance that they're left behind.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Oak "discovering" a Pokémon that's been written about in Ancient texts is some Christopher Colombus bullshit

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Okay, thanks. Happyni being SOS only is rough, but I'mma gonna get one.

Fleedar
Aug 29, 2002
RARRUGHH!!
Lipstick Apathy
I got two extra Zeraora codes if anyone wants them:

A89278LXNGSRR68X
A8927D76HNUUT65M

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Fleedar posted:

A89278LXNGSRR68X

Took the first one, thank you so much. My EB games had their codes delayed and now I don't have to bug them anymore.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Fleedar posted:

A8927D76HNUUT65M

grabbed 2nd one. thank you for fuzzy paws :3:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I'm always too slow for these code giveaways. T_T

And as of yesterday (tuesday), my local EB Games got their codes delayed too.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat, Meltan got SWOLE

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Kikas posted:

drat, Meltan got SWOLE

Be nice to out of shape solder blobs because they may come back and be ready to gently caress you up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Oak "discovering" a Pokémon that's been written about in Ancient texts is some Christopher Colombus bullshit

Oak considers "apples" to be one of his discoveries because he saw them at the grocery store. Basically, anything that enters his field of vision becomes a "discovery". I blame it on Alzheimer's, I hear he can't even remember his own grandson's name anymore :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Remember that Elm supposedly gave you the first ever Pokemon egg discovered in history. I'm pretty sure researchers in that world consider things discoveries if they themselves have never seen them before.