Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://cybersport.com/post/ogn-100m-na-national-pubg-league

OGN investing 100m into Na pubg esports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
They're dumping $100m into NA esports, including $1m into a PUBG league.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

A fully loaded SKS is extremely good for rapid fire.

Like we talking, vert grip and compensator only? Or Thumb grip and silencer as well???

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hellsau posted:

They're dumping $100m into NA esports, including $1m into a PUBG league.

Ah, I missread that. I was wondering what in the gently caress they'd be doing with that much.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Ah, I missread that. I was wondering what in the gently caress they'd be doing with that much.

$1,000,000 prize pool for the PUBG NA League, $99,000,000 to fix PUBG into a working state.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
"AWS to open region in South Africa in 2020, PUBG finally to have acceptable ping there long after game dies"

https://www.allthingsdistributed.com/2018/10/an-aws-region-is-coming-to-south-africa.html

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jiro posted:

Like we talking, vert grip and compensator only? Or Thumb grip and silencer as well???

Comp, grip of your choice (thumb/light/vert), cheek pad

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Jiro posted:

Anyone else run into people just spamming SKS shots? Has there been some update to the gun that makes rapid firing that thing quasi accurate or something?

Probably had a "Get X kills with SR/DMR" weekly or daily challenge. I'll definitely roll with M24/Kar98 plus QBU/SLR/Mini/SKS/VSS as a loadout when I have one of those. Every kill counts!

Also it's fun to do it as a duo because if you knock somebody with a weapon that isn't part of your challenge but they finish them with the right weapon type, you still get credit. I literally never picked up an SR in one game when I had an SR challenge, and still got an SR kill when my teammate finished one of my knocks with his M24.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Help. I can't stop playing this stupid, stupid game.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've played a few games this month and I love the smaller map of sanhok but hate the anesthetic.

Also OGN did incredible production for league of legends and starcraft so I'm excited

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Oh neat. Guy who just waxed me told me my mic was hot. I double-checked and I'm set to PTT. So uh, that could explain my garbage stats since the patch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dangerllama posted:

Oh neat. Guy who just waxed me told me my mic was hot. I double-checked and I'm set to PTT. So uh, that could explain my garbage stats since the patch.

Yeah, chocoTaco basically every stream has to turn his mic to always-on then back to push-to-talk to get it to stop automatically hot micing.

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
Anyone from OC area been able to get a decent connection lately? Every game I join seems to be 250 ping, which is worse than NA was during region selection.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Reginald Bathwater posted:

Anyone from OC area been able to get a decent connection lately? Every game I join seems to be 250 ping, which is worse than NA was during region selection.

Nope, it's hosed, not even for squads were on servers tonight, all 150+ ping. Sucks.

Also, nothing shows that bluehole's ranking system is broken like the fact that I'm in Masters

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, chocoTaco basically every stream has to turn his mic to always-on then back to push-to-talk to get it to stop automatically hot micing.

I know I’m late to the party, but I think this is the first bug I’ve encountered where I accepted the fact that the underlying code is completely unfixable either due to the initial architecture, or incompetence. This kind of software regression is embarrassing.

I’m a garbage player, and I’m totally fine losing games due to me just being bad, or RNG issues that affect all players equally. But this open mic business is just…blargh…

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 28, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

If I remember right, they fixed that bug months ago and it just resurfaced recently.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Supposedly a lot of PUBG’s current issues are due to Epic no longer helping Bluehole out. Which is hilarious.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I still like PUBG way more than Fortnite but Bluehole deserves this shitshow after they sued or stated they intended to sue Epic Games over Fortnite.

Like Bluehole was the first to release a BR game lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

starting to wonder if this game might be a huge pile of poo poo

Evergreen

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

trash person posted:

I still like PUBG way more than Fortnite but Bluehole deserves this shitshow after they sued or stated they intended to sue Epic Games over Fortnite.

Like Bluehole was the first to release a BR game lol

Tbf PU basically did invent the genre. When he put out A2:BR, noone else was doing anything remotely similar.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

nope. there's a reason why oc players are abandoning the game and blops4 is sold out for pc across most stores lmao

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Nope, haven't been able to get a game in a week or so with a decent ping. Dead game OC, and I'm not being ironic.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

nope. there's a reason why oc players are abandoning the game and blops4 is sold out for pc across most stores lmao

I was going to ask how a PC game in 2018 goes sold out in most stores, but you're talking about Australia so who knows.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I didn't even know stores for PC games still existed in the civilized world

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
There's a Gamestop downtown selling used games. I guess they might also occasionally get boxed new games? But I never see any.

Of course, they deal 1000% only in console games.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Star Man posted:

I was going to ask how a PC game in 2018 goes sold out in most stores, but you're talking about Australia so who knows.

it surprises me, too. seems to be a combination of being like 33% cheaper in store than battle.net and maybe not many physical copies because even getting an online order from an australian retailer is like a two week wait. plenty of ps4 and xbone copies, though.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I think fallout 3 was the first i realised the small town I'm in would never sell physical pc games again

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I got the game through a cancelled preorder, I asked the dude why literally every store was sold out and he said it was a combo of never selling pc cod in store + almost 0 preorders leading to all retailers placing very low orders. Jb put their price down to sell what they had and it was cheaper than grey market sites, which forced everyone else to price match.

The physical copy is a blank disc with a download only CD key on it btw. They haven’t even made proper physical copies.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

That's the case with most 'physical' games these days, they'd have to include like a half dozen dvds to sell an offline version

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Supposedly a lot of PUBG’s current issues are due to Epic no longer helping Bluehole out. Which is hilarious.

Is this just some sort of reddit rumor? Nothing has changed and Epic is still responsible for the standard support they would provide anyone licensing the unreal engine, having a lawsuit in the past doesn't change this at all.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

fargom posted:

Is this just some sort of reddit rumor? Nothing has changed and Epic is still responsible for the standard support they would provide anyone licensing the unreal engine, having a lawsuit in the past doesn't change this at all.

It's a chocoTaco rumor I believe. I think he had a hot mic while broadcasting at twitchcon and he was talking to some guy along with swag who told them this.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's a chocoTaco rumor I believe. I think he had a hot mic while broadcasting at twitchcon and he was talking to some guy along with swag who told them this.

I mean it makes for a good internet joke I guess, but lol at anyone who actually believes that Epic would intentionally breach the terms of their own licensing agreement. Imo having previous hot legal action makes it even harder to believe, as Bunghole Inc would be looking at anything possible to assist with a claim in any future hot legal action.

Epic might go with different terms in a new agreement, but they aren't just gonna stop providing whatever support they already agreed to provide.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fargom posted:

I mean it makes for a good internet joke I guess, but lol at anyone who actually believes that Epic would intentionally breach the terms of their own licensing agreement. Imo having previous hot legal action makes it even harder to believe, as Bunghole Inc would be looking at anything possible to assist with a claim in any future hot legal action.

Epic might go with different terms in a new agreement, but they aren't just gonna stop providing whatever support they already agreed to provide.

How would it breach their terms? These licensing agreements are extremely favorable to Epic, obviously. I’m also not implying that Epic is straight sabotaging PUBG but just not helping them anymore.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

How would it breach their terms? These licensing agreements are extremely favorable to Epic, obviously. I’m also not implying that Epic is straight sabotaging PUBG but just not helping them anymore.

When you license an engine, you have terms of support in the agreement. What I'm saying is that Epic is going to continue to live up to their end of the agreement, and not suddenly pull support over some petty lawsuit. There is no phantom "help" Epic is providing that can be pulled back, when they release bugfixes for the engine itself it's not like Bunghole isn't gonna receive the new version.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

fargom posted:

When you license an engine, you have terms of support in the agreement. What I'm saying is that Epic is going to continue to live up to their end of the agreement, and not suddenly pull support over some petty lawsuit. There is no phantom "help" Epic is providing that can be pulled back, when they release bugfixes for the engine itself it's not like Bunghole isn't gonna receive the new version.

There is a difference between offering support and "support", though. When the batphone rings, I'm sure someone might pick it up. It'll probably be Robin, and not Batman going forward.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

fargom posted:

Epic can provide extra help and it's often in their interest to because they're getting 5% of revenue per the licensing agreement, plus you know attracting other developers to their engine. No one is saying Epic is locking out PUBG from their future engine updates, but they simply don't have to go above and beyond to help them with specifics of implementation or help them out when they have specific asks for weird issues, which according to Twitter they were doing before.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Epic can provide extra help and it's often in their interest to because they're getting 5% of revenue per the licensing agreement, plus you know attracting other developers to their engine. No one is saying Epic is locking out PUBG from their future engine updates, but they simply don't have to go above and beyond to help them with specifics of implementation or help them out when they have specific asks for weird issues, which according to Twitter they were doing before.

This is far different than the original claim that Bluehole's recent issues are due to epic not "helping out" so we are well into the internet rumor department here lmao. I don't personally put any stock into that internet rumor at all, I'd be willing to bet nothing has changed in regards to how epic responds to individual bugs and or requests made by the pubg engineers. The most likely explanation for issues with pubg is that the pubg development team is eating a large chunk of rear end at the moment and are unable to fix a number of performance issues that likely have nothing to do with the loss of whatever extra super dooper batphone support twitter thinks they received before.

I do hope that pubg gets past the rear end eating phase they seem to be in regardless of the cause because COD blackops just doesn't scratch the same itch for me and I just can't get into it after a bunch of rounds. For better or worse PUBG still is still my top choice for the "attempting to be realistic" section of the BR genre.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I mean even just taking those claims at face value, "PUBG is poo poo because Bluehole cannot stop adding bugs without Epic's direct involvement" is pretty laffo. I mean they hotfixed that "TPP in FPP" bug, but uh....if it was found on the test server, that's the kind of bug that should be fixed before the patch goes live.

e: also I wish they'd just let me add a different button to get into a specific seat on the vehicle. Dying because I look at the front seat of the scooter, it says "F: Drive Scooter" and then it puts me onto the back seat and doesn't allow me to switch seats or hop off until I die to someone sniping me with a drat Skorpion from 100 meters is really stupid.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 30, 2018

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
Bind shift-w to the driving position 1 (or whatever it is called - the driving seat one). I mean everyone should be boosting from a stop anyway, so it pretty much just automatically puts you in the driver's seat if you didn't pop in there based on location.

...Or are you saying that the keybind doesn't work on the scooter? Because lol if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fancy_Lad posted:

Bind shift-w to the driving position 1 (or whatever it is called - the driving seat one). I mean everyone should be boosting from a stop anyway, so it pretty much just automatically puts you in the driver's seat if you didn't pop in there based on location.

...Or are you saying that the keybind doesn't work on the scooter? Because lol if true

Naw it works, it's just that bug/server issue where sometimes it takes between 2 and 10 seconds to actually switch your drat seat when you press the keybind, even if you're just jamming the keybind over and over.