Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Went and tried to get a pubbie to crack this nut. He couldn't do it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Delve would be my favorite league if you could do it more and maps less

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Red Red Blue posted:

Yes indeed. I may not even get my reroll to level 90, I've been rapidly losing steam although I'm almost to 89 now, but the only reason I run maps is to get sulphite to go back to exploring in the delve, but the sulphite costs are getting pretty bad relative to the time required to collect it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Red Red Blue posted:

or at least if the mapping wasnt literally standard. i cant believe there isnt even like an extra pack of mobs around the sulphite.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

yea, I'm running back-to-back shaped wastepool to go on what seems like a short delve runs at depth 415. I just want to find an Aul but it's getting a little frustrating. I keep on finding that rear end in a top hat architect I don't enjoy the fight because half of the attacks I can barely see or tell where they are gonna land. Also gently caress the degen or whatever on the ground that's barely noticeable.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I greatly enjoyed my time in Delve, but it's time to go. I've played this league longer than any league since Legacy or so. I'm trying to get 36 challenges but if I don't get an Aul by the end of the weekend coming up I'll just pass on the portal. Or I guess probably 3 more Architects or Kurgals, which is more likely.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dr. Despair posted:

flashback races are a bandaid for bad leagues like incursion to keep player retention from tanking

Bleh player retention is not the metric people should use to determine if a league is bad or not. I am so sick of games not giving any shits about being fun and enjoyable in pursuit of getting players to play longer. GGG is alright about this in that they still care about making a good game.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I love the league contents, but I burned out like 2 weeks in - before I even got ti mapping.
Delve essentially doubled the amount of areas you need* to clear to reach end-game.

*My lizard brain couldn't stand wasting fuel, and IIRC the auto-delving as you level hadn't been implemented at that point.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
That said, I'm really having a blast having returned after dropping BfA.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Niko's shaft was always a thing iirc

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Duck and Cover posted:

Bleh player retention is not the metric people should use to determine if a league is bad or not. I am so sick of games not giving any shits about being fun and enjoyable in pursuit of getting players to play longer. GGG is alright about this in that they still care about making a good game.

it's a great metric when everyone bails on the league 2 weeks in because that's all it takes to see all the new content *

* apart from that one tier 3 room that you never managed to see, no matter how many times you got it to tier 2. You know the one.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

dyzzy posted:

Niko's shaft was always a thing iirc

Path of Exile: Niko's Shaft was Always a Thing.

It's too late to suggest anything in the league, but it would have been a huge boon if we could pay Niko to drill down. Sometimes just figuring out how to progress to lower depths efficiently is a chore.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Went and tried to get a pubbie to crack this nut. He couldn't do it either.

Do you still have any prime evil nodes left? I need that to complete a challenge. Not even sure I could leech off yours though.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Nope has to be your mine. It sucks

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Do you still have any prime evil nodes left? I need that to complete a challenge. Not even sure I could leech off yours though.

I'm fairly certain the node challenges can't be shared (have to be your own mine) - you can share boss kills / challenges though. If I'm wrong and they can be shared, I have some primeval nodes I haven't completed and can share.

e: beaten, but yea, can't share them.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think you can get credit for them unless they're yours. Certainly can't do that with boss / delve encounters challenges anymore. GGG went really hard on challenge sharing this league. Which is fine, except they really should have made bosses even more common.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
You can definitely share boss kills and challenges, but not node challenges, unless they changed that in the past couple weeks. I mooched a kurgal kill off a friend and just bought an aul kill to finish my challenges. Never managed to find either of those myself.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zhulik posted:

You can definitely share boss kills and challenges, but not node challenges, unless they changed that in the past couple weeks. I mooched a kurgal kill off a friend and just bought an aul kill to finish my challenges. Never managed to find either of those myself.

There was a bug that let you share bosskills but it was fixed after a week or two.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012
You can still buy/share boss kills and challenges, but doing so will complete the boss node. GGG stopped people from doing kills / challenges in someone else's mine (without the person being present, maybe?) which didn't finish the node (making the boss repeatable).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ledif posted:

You can still buy/share boss kills and challenges, but doing so will complete the boss node. GGG stopped people from doing kills / challenges in someone else's mine which didn't finish the node (making the boss repeatable).

You can buy someone killing the boss on your mine, but you need to find the boss first.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Rodent or ManagerIRL, i dumped the currency i had left in tab 15 if either of you are still playing. its only a couple of ex so don't get your hopes up but im done for the league :cheers:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

TheRat posted:

There was a bug that let you share bosskills but it was fixed after a week or two.

lmao that sucks, glad I bought it while it was still possible. I guess I would have had the 36 even without the kill all bosses challenge.

They're so ridiculously, laughably rare and I have no idea why.

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

TheRat posted:

You can buy someone killing the boss on your mine, but you need to find the boss first.

You can get achievements from other people's mines / bosses, too - I did the last Delve Boss I challenge I needed a few days ago in a friend's mine.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ledif posted:

You can get achievements from other people's mines / bosses, too - I did the last Delve Boss I challenge I needed a few days ago in a friend's mine.

The specific "kill boss while x" you mean? Because I'm fairly certain you cant do the main "kill all 3 bosses" challenge outside your' own mine

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Rodent or ManagerIRL, i dumped the currency i had left in tab 15 if either of you are still playing. its only a couple of ex so don't get your hopes up but im done for the league :cheers:

Cheers. I'm probably the person who needs it the least so Ill leave it for a day or two in case someone else wants it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dr. Despair posted:

it's a great metric when everyone bails on the league 2 weeks in because that's all it takes to see all the new content *

* apart from that one tier 3 room that you never managed to see, no matter how many times you got it to tier 2. You know the one.

Oh poo poo people who put in multiple days of game play in a 2 week period bailed on your game that's totally a failure! I'm not saying they should ignore player retention / time played I'm just saying when that's the metric people use to measure success games suffer. I get the feeling that player retention / time played = money made and that's why games are so focused on it even willing to sacrifice quality to make that metric higher.

TV suffers from the same thing I blame Lost. Lost dangles main story progression in front of you so that you're willing to watch endless back story from every character. It was a bad show that got 6 seasons because people watched wanting to know what's in the hatch, what's that clock do, what are those other stations and slowly advancing the present day story line.

It's easier to get people to play more then make a game that people want to play more. Delve is good in one sense because it does make people want to play more. Delve is bad because it inflates play time by forcing people who do not want to interact with maps to interact with maps.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 25, 2018

Ledif
Sep 5, 2012

TheRat posted:

The specific "kill boss while x" you mean? Because I'm fairly certain you cant do the main "kill all 3 bosses" challenge outside your' own mine

I'm fairly confident the first Kurgal I killed (not in my mine) gave me credit towards the "kill all 3 bosses" challenge but I don't recall at this point and I've killed a few in my own mine. The one I did recently in a friend's delve was a "kill while you x" though, yes.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So I'm playing a consecrated path inquisitor and I'm having problems with my sustain. Does anyone have some ideas how to go about this? I'd also like to know if it's worth it so switch from my Ahn's Might to a rare sword. I have about 50c to spend right now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters
character is Workingthatball

PS I'm aware I don't have the last ascendancy points, uberlab has not been kind to me with ctd's and random deaths.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

you can,

i paid someone to do all the kurgal challenges and got them all done and this kill. Was not my mine. Sucks the other thing cant be leeched :/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am now up to 8 pubbies that have been unable to kill my Aul.

Five of them, after listing my mods, have outright declined to try. They continued to do so after I told them they can have the loot for all I care.

Three of them that tried all got splattered like a bug on a windshield. One guy insisted that he had hosed up somewhere and demanded a redo. It wasn't him.

If you don't have an endgame+++ geared jugg he will one shot you with his auto attack, as my latest pubbie discovered.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Five of them, after listing my mods, have outright declined to try. They continued to do so after I told them they can have the loot for all I care.

Three of them that tried all got splattered like a bug on a windshield. One guy insisted that he had hosed up somewhere and demanded a redo. It wasn't him.

If you don't have an endgame+++ geared jugg he will one shot you with his auto attack, as my latest pubbie discovered.

Maybe there's some kind of super-safe minion build that won't even need to tank the boss? Ele-immune golems would ignore the extra fire and cold at least.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Vasudus posted:

Maybe you could turn this into a profit-making enterprise. Offer a generous price plus loot for a successful kill, but demand they pay you if they fail.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Give me a week to gear up this zerphi indigon pathfinder with 90 max res and let me smash myself against this windshield

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you probably wouldnt have the hp pool to not get 1 shot

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Go get two Ichimonji's, RF, and AFK him with phase run for a few hours. Job done.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

nightwisher posted:

Go get two Ichimonji's, RF, and run around him keeping the edge of the RF on their hitbox, refreshing phase run. Job done.

where theres a will theres a way

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh cool a Kurgal! Maybe I can get my last challenges handled for him, get 36, and be free!

Oh.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
But you get 33% increased item quantity!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Just don't get hit

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Jesus that's only depth 299 too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I was on the fence about rolling an Ice Golem Elementalist just because I have the spare currency, a spare Elementalist, it looks really fun, and I've always wanted to roll one. Then I found that place.