Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

count_von_count posted:

How much interest is there in a goon crafting guild, since Lusty Argoonian Maids seems to be irretrievably dead? I'd love to have a place to dump low-level crafting mats and recipes and stuff for decon/research so folks can level crafting quickly.

There's already Deconstruction Circlejerk. People dump all their spare stuff in there already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Is a bow warden a decent beginner character? either that or StamSorc i figured. i've only ever made it to like level 15 but feel like starting over with something. Warden sounds really cool.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Warden is cool but I kinda hate throwing cliff racers at dudes and the animal companion things. It made me just wanna blast dudes on Sorc instead.

Then sorc made me wanna burn dudes with Dragonknight

Then I realize I just wanted to play Templar.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

owning dudes with lightning and berzerking sounds cool so ima do stamsorc, i usually do orc characters in elder scrolls anyways so its a good fit!

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

queeb posted:

owning dudes with lightning and berzerking sounds cool so ima do stamsorc, i usually do orc characters in elder scrolls anyways so its a good fit!

Can confirm that it's as cool as it sounds.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Outfit slots at half price are wonderful and terrible.

Or with this horrid thing that dropped out of a free crate today:

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 23, 2018

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Ok so its not a good idea to run a stamina build and heal in dungeons, i will accept that.

How important is race then? Alcast literally states in several of his build videos that it is not a big deal but other videos i have seen are like :siren: YOU MUST BE REDGUARD TO PLAY A STAMINA BUILD :siren:

Are there some numbers? Like 5% better? 50% better? Maybe not %'s but some passive that gives some kick rear end utility?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I am a Nord stamsorc and I get by just fine on most everything. I mean, I'm not the best, but then I don't fully optimize.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Race is important but only for really end game stuff does it truly matter.

Basically, you are either going to be stamina or Magic for every class and every built so pick a race that seems to assist with that.

You could be a Redguard magic user but absolutely none of your racial passives are going to help you in that endeavor. If you choose the wrong race you can totally do everything but you're only handicapping yourself for no real reason.

It would be like not wearing armor because you want to role play.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

but... my immersion...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dunmer are in fact the correct choice for all builds. :colbert:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Ineptitude posted:

Ok so its not a good idea to run a stamina build and heal in dungeons, i will accept that.

How important is race then? Alcast literally states in several of his build videos that it is not a big deal but other videos i have seen are like :siren: YOU MUST BE REDGUARD TO PLAY A STAMINA BUILD :siren:

Are there some numbers? Like 5% better? 50% better? Maybe not %'s but some passive that gives some kick rear end utility?

This has been brought up before, and the general vibe seemed to be:

-If you're just doing PUGs and solo'ing stuff, pick what you think looks cool

-If you're doing end-game content, it can help. Every little bit does.

-If you're actually a good player, and are playing with other good players, even at end-game it's not going to be what causes you to win/lose

-If you're pugging end-game content with randos, prepare to be called bad because you didn't 100% min/max

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
The people I raid with were raiding with another guild doing vMOL and vAS HM and on of the healers was a Bosmer Magsorc. This is neither an endorsement of play how you like :dance: nor an indictment of it. What I am saying is Bosmer are 2nd BIS for :3:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Should I give up on my Two-Handed Weapon Stamina DK build?

Most of the guides I'm seeing (and the in-game skill helper) tell me to use Dual Wield skills instead. If the difference in performance is that big I'll suck it up, I just like using bigass weapons more :v:

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Nerd Of Prey posted:

ESO: "Log in every single day or you'll miss out on valuable prizes!"

Also ESO: "Surprise, here's a 2GB patch LOL"

I prefer this over 5x small daily patches: I'm on Verizon FIOS so I have to manually download every update file for every patch since there's some network fuckery that keeps things from working right :negative:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DoriDori240 posted:

The people I raid with were raiding with another guild doing vMOL and vAS HM and on of the healers was a Bosmer Magsorc. This is neither an endorsement of play how you like :dance: nor an indictment of it. What I am saying is Bosmer are 2nd BIS for :3:

You're raiding with Taesar? Godspeed

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

frajaq posted:

Should I give up on my Two-Handed Weapon Stamina DK build?

Most of the guides I'm seeing (and the in-game skill helper) tell me to use Dual Wield skills instead. If the difference in performance is that big I'll suck it up, I just like using bigass weapons more :v:

I believe dual wield is about 10% ahead of two-hand in damage which I don't think matters to much unless you're minmaxing.

I also like running around with huge gently caress off sword.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I think the biggest difference lately is due to enchantments. Dual wielding gets two full strength enchantments that proc independently, which is pretty huge.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
In the end, race doesn't matter. Play what you want. Yes, there are min/max races, but what they add is so negligible that you won't be gimping yourself by not picking the "right" one.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Overemotional Robot posted:

There's already Deconstruction Circlejerk. People dump all their spare stuff in there already.

Could I get an invite? @Count_VonCount.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
lol seeing all the goons here into outfitting and all that, and here I am with potato graphics settings.

When I zoom into my character I literally see blobs of different colours.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Yes, but are those blobs aesthetically pleasing and coordinated colors?

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

As if Bittergreen the guar wasn't enough of a pain, he can apparently CHIM himself a whole forest of spriggans

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

So I hit level 50 the other night on my first character after playing on and off for a few years.

At this point should I do Cadwell's silver quest line thingy or is it the same as the main quest that I've just done?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Caldwell's Silver is just the storyline for another faction's regions, and then Caldwell's gold is the storyline for the third faction. Something separate from the main quest.

I'm still only about halfway to Caldwell's Silver after playing for two years. My first character was Dominion, so I have to do Pact for Silver, and I can't bring myself to care about the Nord regions. Gonna push through it eventually, only because I want the Soul-Shriven motif.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Murkmire is full of quests and lorebooks about argonian reproduction. I figured we'd get some because they have the weirdest biology of all the playable races (reptile-human-plant?) but whoa. :catstare:

Enjoy a sneak peek at what's in the next season of crown crates.

Yeah, that's a lizard-camel.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Mizuti posted:

Murkmire is full of quests and lorebooks about argonian reproduction. I figured we'd get some because they have the weirdest biology of all the playable races (reptile-human-plant?) but whoa. :catstare:

The quest for Bright-Throat Village was the darkest I've ever seen ESO get, while still being exactly what you described.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A++ combat ZOS, title is also appropriate.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Hold on is decondtruction circlejerk still existing?
Id like an invite for it.
@Valtonen13

Valtonen fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 25, 2018

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So I just hit max on my dude and it looks like all the gear now requires champion level 160 if I wanna use the good stuff.
What's the recommended way to get those levels?

Also I'm sorta confused on what to do now really. I have eso plus and summerset but I don't think I've actually done a single thing with summerset (or morrowind) content.
Also murkmore stuff too.
Is there a bread crumb quest line I missed that leads into this content?

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Coldforge posted:

Verdigris Haj Mota Pet: Acquired by traveling to Lilmoth in Murkmire DLC game pack for the first time.

This is a haj mota:

the new minipet is a nightmare. just awful. I love it.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Mizuti posted:

Enjoy a sneak peek at what's in the next season of crown crates.

Yeah, that's a lizard-camel.

just awful. I love it.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Double Monocle posted:

So I just hit max on my dude and it looks like all the gear now requires champion level 160 if I wanna use the good stuff.

Also I'm sorta confused on what to do now really. I have eso plus and summerset but I don't think I've actually done a single thing with summerset (or morrowind) content.
Also murkmore stuff too.
To get to CP160 you can just play normally and you'll receive those points pretty quickly. That said there are plenty of grinding places. I believe that the Skyreach Catacombs are the go-to grinding place with pug groups usually avaiable to join.
Also best part of the Champion Points system is that it applies to your whole account so you only need to get to CP160 once.

As for the overall storyline, the plot is kinda supposed to be Main Story with the Prophet and Coldharbour, followed by Orsinium (mainly for some foreshadowing), Morrowind, Clockwork City and finally Summerset.
The devs have accounted for doing things out of order a bit in the dialogue, but that is the best way of experiencing the various story arcs.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 25, 2018

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

radintorov posted:

Great advise

Thanks a ton, one more idiot noob question-

So I finished the main game story and Caldwell wants me to do the other factions side, and I ran outta bread crumbs from there.

How do I start the lead in quests for the dlc?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Double Monocle posted:

Thanks a ton, one more idiot noob question-

So I finished the main game story and Caldwell wants me to do the other factions side, and I ran outta bread crumbs from there.

How do I start the lead in quests for the dlc?

Easiest way is to open your collections window ("U" key) and go to the stories section, select the one you want to start, and click "Accept quest" at the bottom.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Double Monocle posted:

Also murkmore stuff too.

When you first hit 50 you get 10mil exp worth of Enlightenment. (it's kinda like Rested exp in Wow) Which ups your exp gain 4x plus the Halloween buff will take you to 100CP pretty quickly. You gain 400k worth of Enlightenment every 24 hours from when you hit 50.

All the dlc starting quests can be found by pressing U to open collections and selecting the 2nd tab labeled "Stories"

Edit: drat beaten.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 25, 2018

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
drat y'all are super quick and helpful lol
Thanks for all the tips, my ign is Guylad Dudefella, feel free to invite to go do whatever

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

radintorov posted:

Also best part of the Champion Points system is that it applies to your whole account so you only need to get to CP160 once.

The downside is when you hit 50 with another character your stats drop like a rock, because your gear is suddenly crap.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
That’s why you farm gear with your main so you can give it to your alt when it hits 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Rollersnake posted:

The quest for Bright-Throat Village was the darkest I've ever seen ESO get, while still being exactly what you described.
There's a few quests that have gotten to me, but this one was so hosed up and sad I had to quit playing for the day.

Yes, I am an emotional baby.