Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was already using the hand cannon for first shots in confined spaces, so I guess this just makes it better at that..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

objectively bad posted:

The speed of the target was a pretty big part of what I was saying about finding it easier to hit slow unpredictable vs fast predictable. Against the slow unpredictable target it's about getting the aim right, because you're essentially trying to freeze time and aim at where they are when you flick and when you "freeze" time the slow moving target will occupy the space you've chosen to fire for a much longer window than a fast moving target. Against the fast predictable target is about getting the timing right because you know where they're going to be, you just need to make you fire when they're there. I dunno if that makes any sense, but which is easier to shoot at is really just muscle memory and not something we need to agree or disagree on.

I see what your were saying now. In abstract sense I agree, contextually a bouncer going head on is obviously easier etc. But as I tried saying earlier, it’s devil in the details thing here and we’ll see how it ends up feeling in actual games soon enough.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did they kill disco domination with this update? I really like that mode

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ghost+haunted bounce+mid air de-cloak+new glide is a very neat combo.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
This halloween poo poo right now is the best fortnite has ever been. I love taking potshots at people while they scramble to deal with "cube monsters"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HD is obviously whining non-stop that he just wants normal Fortnite. I just don't even know why I bother watching him even more, he's in dire need of a therapist, a bottle, or a someone to knock him out.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
The new friends list ui is cool and all, but I don't understand why they didn't make it wide enough to not have to scroll horizontally to show you friends' match status. It blurs the rest of the screen so it's not like it'd be hiding anything useful.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I love how Epic gave us a Halloween surprise and added to game not one, but two new enemies - alongside the StW husks, they seem to have snuck in StW performance issues!

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
last fight in solos and zombies broke down our build fight. I see why they chose to test a glider redeploy in all modes during the event now.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

objectively bad posted:

last fight in solos and zombies broke down our build fight. I see why they chose to test a glider redeploy in all modes during the event now.

Haha that's loving awesome! I hope they have a limited-time item/grenade that draws all the zombie fuckers to one area or something, I think that'd be fun as gently caress.

Completely unrelated question: is the only way to ensure I keep older replays to upload them to Facebook/YouTube? I had one that I wanted saved, and I thought the "Rename and Save" option would... save them. Turns out when I viewed my replays yesterday it gave me the "One replay is out of date, delete it?" and I said yeah cause I didn't think it'd be the only one I saved... :emo:

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

This fortnitemares challenges is bugging out on me :(

Only 1 challenge left and I cannot complete the “visit 7 corrupted areas” no matter how many games, areas and tries I do. I visited all of them at least thrice and managed to visit 6 on the same game to no avail.

And yes, in different games. 10+ games.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Bought save the world since it's 50% off. It's actually kinda fun lol.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Johnny Truant posted:

Completely unrelated question: is the only way to ensure I keep older replays to upload them to Facebook/YouTube? I had one that I wanted saved, and I thought the "Rename and Save" option would... save them. Turns out when I viewed my replays yesterday it gave me the "One replay is out of date, delete it?" and I said yeah cause I didn't think it'd be the only one I saved... :emo:

Once the map changes there's no way to replay games played on previous maps unfortunately.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tinkerballz posted:

This fortnitemares challenges is bugging out on me :(

Only 1 challenge left and I cannot complete the “visit 7 corrupted areas” no matter how many games, areas and tries I do. I visited all of them at least thrice and managed to visit 6 on the same game to no avail.

And yes, in different games. 10+ games.

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1055181679789248513

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

objectively bad posted:

Once the map changes there's no way to replay games played on previous maps unfortunately.

Ohhh gently caress me, okay that makes more sense then, thanks! I also didn't know it was a radius solely around you, that bummed me out. I wanted to watch the hilarious failure escapades of the two solos that teamed up. Rats.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Free target practice in between hunting people? Second group I found dropped a heavy sniper? Yes please

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I managed to trick someone into a trap, then by sheer dumb luck shot out the floor under them and into a second trap I had happened to pre-place earlier. Totally unintentional but probably the slickest move I'll ever pull off.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can you only stack 3 dailies or do they disappear after 3 days regardless?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
You can only have three active dailies at once. No new ones will appear until you've completed one of the actives to free up a spot. You can reroll one of the actives once per day, regardless of how many you have. The reroll is on a 24 hour timer from when you hit the button and doesn't reset automatically at 8 PM Eastern / 5 PM Pacific like the dailies themselves.

People have reported that completed dailies that you haven't hit the button on can sometimes be automatically awarded to you if you leave them for a day. This has happened to me once, but I've also been able to roll over dailies between seasons and others have reported no luck with that, so I don't know.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This gamemode is awesome.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Yeah, the cube monsters being basically everywhere is pretty great honestly. I watched Loeya playing a bit earlier on yesterday when they were disabled and it was toxic as hell having the glider redeploy but no cube monsters to stop people just spraying from skyboxes over and over. I'm not sure how I feel about the last circles being essentially overlapping zones of cube monsters though, makes those final fights even more of a pain in the rear end to track what's going on.

My feature suggestion is for them to recolour the damage notifications on cube monsters so you can tell when you're pinging the player being swarmed that you're ambushing.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
Early & mid game the zombies are fine. They reduce loot & shield rng since you can just spend a minute shooting zombies if you get some bad dice rolls which is good but late game it's just excessive and annoying. They could turn the spawn rate down to 20% at the last or second to last static circle and it'd be a huge improvement. I'm not sure how I feel about glider redeploy, one hand it removes the RNG from mobility which is good and on the other it means skybases and a lot of third partying.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

objectively bad posted:

Early & mid game the zombies are fine. They reduce loot & shield rng since you can just spend a minute shooting zombies if you get some bad dice rolls which is good but late game it's just excessive and annoying. They could turn the spawn rate down to 20% at the last or second to last static circle and it'd be a huge improvement. I'm not sure how I feel about glider redeploy, one hand it removes the RNG from mobility which is good and on the other it means skybases and a lot of third partying.

Oh yeah that reminds me another thing I don't like re: the loot rng being reduced: in squads yesterday every drat squad had at least two rocket launchers in it when you get to the late game. They need to tune the rate that drops from the zombies/cubes.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I like it so far but I need to learn to try and remember there are players out to get me and stop going on an easy-kill Doom-esque power trip on these drat zombies.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Agreed, I don’t see how this will not reintroduce the problem that the bouncers were. Hell, it’s like a better bouncer since you control the descent and thus don’t make yourself a predictable hitbox on rails.

I'm thinking maybe the new 'bugs' with redeploying from certain flaws might not have been bugs, and they intentionally added a bit of a delay to redeploy specifically so fall damage is still on the table in build fights if you're not just building a really tall ramp or 1x1

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't say I'm a fan of the redeploying. Had too many situations where some guy is able to escape essentially risk free by just quickly building a box tower and gliding away before you can destroy a single wall of the foundation.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm thinking maybe the new 'bugs' with redeploying from certain flaws might not have been bugs, and they intentionally added a bit of a delay to redeploy specifically so fall damage is still on the table in build fights if you're not just building a really tall ramp or 1x1

I'm still very not much fan of how this change is working out, and do hope it's gone with the end of Fortnitemares the latest. It enables everyone to build like an idiot and the only strategy you have is to waste 2 minutes of farmed mats to build Olympus alongside opponent since trying to knock their build down most often is wasteful.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Would redeployment work better if it didn't work when structures were knocked out from under you, perhaps?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think it's kind of just fundamentally broken, it removes the risk of being on the high ground at basically any point, be it structure or just mountains.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

FYI this week's flaming hoop challenge works with quads too.

Now, if only a loving standard pistol would spawn...

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Fundamentally broken is blasting out the wall of a 1x1 with the most powerful guns in the game as the person inside instantly rebuilds so quickly that even automatic gunfire doesn't get a chance to penetrate in between replacement.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

Would redeployment work better if it didn't work when structures were knocked out from under you, perhaps?

I don’t think so, if you play with sound you generally have ample amount of clues available that your house is done, unless you are standing on an unsupported tile someone hits with a heavy sniper.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

codo27 posted:

Fundamentally broken is blasting out the wall of a 1x1 with the most powerful guns in the game as the person inside instantly rebuilds so quickly that even automatic gunfire doesn't get a chance to penetrate in between replacement.

I've gone back and forth on this and still don't really know where I stand. I had a battle last night that started out as an open engagement, we closed the distance and had a build battle, then I redeployed to run away cause I was losing, opponent followed me, and we had a second build battle that I then won. But in the first build battle I used my gold P90 and could land one bullet out of essentially an entire clip spent shooting down walls. That... doesn't seem right to me. But I don't even know how to begin to adjust that. More damage to structures from guns?

Because of this it's always just "get above your opponent" meta, which idk... just seems wrong that there's basically one way to win in a build battle.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I don’t think so, if you play with sound you generally have ample amount of clues available that your house is done, unless you are standing on an unsupported tile someone hits with a heavy sniper.

:agreed: I'm just spitballing here. Maybe a window for redeployment based on how long you've been on a structure? Under X seconds and above Y seconds means you can't redeploy?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That’s too complicated for the game on the whole. Same reason we have a lot of competitive format experimentation - they need to make mechanic relatable and transparent.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe diminishing returns for the starting HP on placed buildings on the same tile within a certain amount of time? So you can can keep doing the wall thing but after a few tries it'll just fall from a single bullet and more will get through before you can place another.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Also, in my opinion, getting above a box is dangerous against someone with traps available, unless you get to own the ceiling. I usually try to open the side and replace with my wall, or get them to move through fake disengagement or structure destruction [or bait of thereof]. I do imagine though that replacing the wall might be difficult in other circumstances, e.g. not playing on PC with ping of 20ms with change.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That’s too complicated for the game on the whole.

:thunk:

I disagree? I mean you've got a crazy amount of complexity in very specific areas of gameplay, e.g. build-editing(biggest case imo), HP/build times for different materials, hell you've got a specific window for rifts after they're used once, right?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Maybe diminishing returns for the starting HP on placed buildings on the same tile within a certain amount of time? So you can can keep doing the wall thing but after a few tries it'll just fall from a single bullet and more will get through before you can place another.

That's not a bad idea!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

:thunk:

I disagree? I mean you've got a crazy amount of complexity in very specific areas of gameplay, e.g. build-editing(biggest case imo), HP/build times for different materials, hell you've got a specific window for rifts after they're used once, right?

I mean different kind of complexity - maybe convoluted is a better word to say what I mean.

When you edit the wall, you remove middle bit and you have a window, which is logical and signalled through reasonably clear, albeit not ideal, UI/UX. That's "game".

Random timer out of nowhere would be a weird arbitrary thing. Like, do I get a grey danger indicator appear each time I step on a build that then lights red? I have similar criticism of shotgun delay, I'd rather have them redo the pull-out animations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

To be clear, I would have no problem with any timer system or whatever, I've played MMOs with voidzones and whatever mechanics WoW developers or other could imagine. I just don't think it fits Fortnite as a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I mean different kind of complexity - maybe convoluted is a better word to say what I mean.

When you edit the wall, you remove middle bit and you have a window, which is logical and signalled through reasonably clear, albeit not ideal, UI/UX. That's "game".

Random timer out of nowhere would be a weird arbitrary thing. Like, do I get a grey danger indicator appear each time I step on a build that then lights red? I have similar criticism of shotgun delay, I'd rather have them redo the pull-out animations.

True, these are different kinds of complexity. And yeah, if they were to add the timer function it would be, essentially, a spontaneous update. But the redeployment addition to a non-LTM mode was kind of that too, yeah? :shrug:

Again, I'm just spitballing random ideas that I think may be applicable to these balance issues. Are they good? Pfft, probably not! Haha.