Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The Israeli flag still gets a good reaction out of the countless Nazis in this game :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Logged on to USEast without realizing it, explained the long as heck queue times and teams being 4-5 tanks short on both sides.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Israeli flag still gets a good reaction out of the countless Nazis in this game :)

I've been using the Israeli flag for years and don't think I've ever gotten a negative reaction from it, feels bad

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Barry posted:

I've been using the Israeli flag for years and don't think I've ever gotten a negative reaction from it, feels bad

The best situations are the ones where your Neonazi teammates or enemies chat or message you with antisemitic comments in German, probably assuming you don't speak the language and then you can respond to them in their tongue, infuriating them further :)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I put Japanese flags on my Chinese tanks, every once in awhile someone loses their poo poo about it.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I rammed an arty platoon mate into a building for 2 minutes in my O-Ho at the beginning of a match and some Skorpion G on our team just sat there and watched the whole time and then when finally I drove off he said in chat "I knew to never trust a man in a purple tank"

That's my weekend story

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I've done the "Israeli flags on German tanks, other-Asian-flags on Chinese tanks" thing, and at least on the US server it doesn't elicit a peep anymore. I don't know about you guys but when I'm actually playing WoT I don't notice other players' flags/details at all.

Edit: I put some Ukrainian flags/slogans on my tier 10 Soviet tanks, and the only comments I ever got was from one of the Russian goons (not Ensign) that I platooned with a few times, and haven't even seen online in a long time.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Putting PL flags on your tank on the EU server will get all sorts of "UNINSTALL PL RETARD" before the battle countdown even ends.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's good advice

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Siema PL

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Aesis posted:

Siema PL

kto pluton?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Putting PL flags on your tank on the EU server will get all sorts of "UNINSTALL PL RETARD" before the battle countdown even ends.

Zbigniew shedding a big tear as he reluctantly boils his pet cabbage.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Why are you ignoring this sensible advice?

On a second note, reading this thread on a regular basis keeps me from coming back. I almost have my 3 months badge now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Ace tanker in an IS-3 on a 1285 base xp game with 3.7k damage? I don't need your pity prizes, game!

Oh, I outdamaged EVERY SINGLE TIER TEN of the match in a tier 8 heavy?
Ok, I guess I'll take it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
IS-3 is a great tank.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

IS-3 is a great tank.

I've got like 2k WN8 in it, but I still have some trouble carrying in it, sitting at a 46% winrate. Though it's only 60 games so far, so not really statistically significant, thank god.

Also, I had planned to unlock the 257 because comedy-armor, and then just chill at tier 9 in that tree with a good crew.
Now that I'm actually doing clan shenanigans, I guess I need to grab the 277 AND keep the IS-3 around, so there's another mid-term goal. Also, I've been sitting on 80k xp on the T-54 for the longest time, so I figured it might be time to grab the Object 140, too.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I'm not sure specifically why but I don't particularly like the Obj 257. I'll play through it eventually to get to the IS-7 but i would rather play the T-10 100 times out of 100.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Barry posted:

I'm not sure specifically why but I don't particularly like the Obj 257. I'll play through it eventually to get to the IS-7 but i would rather play the T-10 100 times out of 100.

It looks like the T10 has the better gun, but that's about it. It may also have slightly better mobility due to effective resistances, but the 257 seems to be mostly better on paper. It's certainly better armored, with the only real frontal weakspots being the lower glacis (whereas the entire T10 frontal hull is weak) and the turret roof (30 vs 40 mm.)

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
It is 100% the gun, it behaves so much better. Also that tall profile of the 257 feels really awkward. With that and the -5 depression it feels hard to get hull down and use that better turret.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The hull shape and the much better turret sides make a huge difference, though. Shots that go diagonally into your hull also get eaten as opposed to penning, so those three things combined give it quite a different option profile while just having slightly worse gun stats.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah the 257 is pure bullshit to fight. I've had JgPzr shells disappear into the side without even taking the tracks off.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

2k dealt, 1.5k blocked, 100k credits, and 15k profit...in a tier V.

Churchill III still owns, and people somehow still don't know where to shoot it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Did they change something about the T-54's two top gun options? Wasn't one of them an obvious pubbie trap? I seem to remember one had either more damage or more pen, but worse gun handling, now the one with more pen has better accuracy and gun handling, but 300 fewer dpm.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

2k dealt, 1.5k blocked, 100k credits, and 15k profit...in a tier V.

Churchill III still owns, and people somehow still don't know where to shoot it.

To be fair, T5 is still noobie pubbie territory. I can't count the amount of times I'd go up against t-34s and M4s with my O-i and just get a few bounced AP before the HE spam started till I decided to crush them to death after dealing with actual threats, normally while laughing "Yes, yes! Feed me your tears!"

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Did they change something about the T-54's two top gun options? Wasn't one of them an obvious pubbie trap? I seem to remember one had either more damage or more pen, but worse gun handling, now the one with more pen has better accuracy and gun handling, but 300 fewer dpm.

Yeah, they're both viable. It's not shown anywhere but the higher dpm gun has 1 more degree of gun depression too (6 instead of 5). Since they both have the 330 heat round I prefer the higher dpm gun.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
So one of the recent Wargaming patches to this garbage makes my connection incredibly unstable and the server dumps me out every 10 seconds to 3 minutes. Assuming it connects at all. A+ job on whatever you did WG...I was even going to maybe play my t8 prems instead of spinning my tanks around and then maybe demolishing everyone in a KV-220.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh, I just had a supremely-mediochre game in the E-25 and scored 46k crew xp.

/edit:

Oh, there was a mission for 30k xp that applies to the loving tank you're driving?

WELP

/edit:
Ah, nevermind, it's only in premium vehicles anyway.

And they managed to forget about tier 9

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 25, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Did y'all know there was a twitch prime lootbox?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/update_twitchprime/

also what the gently caress is a T26E3 Eagle 7?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hellsau posted:

An xp piñata.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

Did y'all know there was a twitch prime lootbox?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/update_twitchprime/

I already linked my Twitch account months ago, and I'm getting nothing. Is Wargaming really going to make me unlink and relink it to get that three skill commander and 400k credits? That's honestly all I care about.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I already linked my Twitch account months ago, and I'm getting nothing. Is Wargaming really going to make me unlink and relink it to get that three skill commander and 400k credits? That's honestly all I care about.

Maybe you have to claim it on Twitch's site? I dunno I don't feel like reinstalling to see if I got the stuff.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Honestly, the only thing I'm interested in are the three-year commander and 400k credits for already having the LL Valentine.

EDIT: Yeah, you have to claim the offer on the Twitch site. Also, US-E (the ~temporary~ server) is giving me 5-6ms pings. :negative:

It would figure that their opening another East Coast server would be somewhere other than poo poo-house Telia.net.

You're also not forced to immediately assign "Charlotte Wells," either - she shows up under "Recruits" and you have until 3/28/19 to place her somewhere.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 25, 2018

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
When I stopped playing a few years ago I only got as far as the AMX M4 45 on the French Heavy line, so I never got to the autoloader heavies. The Somua SM premium they let you play with is ridiculously fun.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

rex rabidorum vires posted:

So one of the recent Wargaming patches to this garbage makes my connection incredibly unstable and the server dumps me out every 10 seconds to 3 minutes. Assuming it connects at all. A+ job on whatever you did WG...I was even going to maybe play my t8 prems instead of spinning my tanks around and then maybe demolishing everyone in a KV-220.
It was probably the Halloween patch and you have been getting dumped onto the USE server if you are NA. Annoying as poo poo. You have to manually select USC.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They basically switched the guns around; the one leading to the 140 used to be the better one (in all stats except DPM) and now that's kinda reversed. Neither was really a pubbie trap though, you had your choice of better DPM for brawling or better accuracy for sniping, basically.

Hellsau posted:

It's a kind-of-better (heavier/slower) premium T20.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm not getting any of my victory 4x bonuses today for some reason:

Yet another odd Wargaming surprise.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

They basically switched the guns around; the one leading to the 140 used to be the better one (in all stats except DPM) and now that's kinda reversed. Neither was really a pubbie trap though, you had your choice of better DPM for brawling or better accuracy for sniping, basically.

Naw, the one leading to the 140 was better in every way except AP penetration and apparently shell velocity which I was unaware of. It had better DPM, better accuracy, and substantially better aim time. The other gun was a complete pubbie trap that was markedly worse, except it got a bit extra AP pen while they had the same HEAT shell. It's definitely correct to change the guns so that there's an actual choice, though I don't know if Wargaming did that or if they just made both guns kind of crap.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Naw, the one leading to the 140 was better in every way except AP penetration and apparently shell velocity which I was unaware of. It had better DPM, better accuracy, and substantially better aim time. The other gun was a complete pubbie trap that was markedly worse, except it got a bit extra AP pen while they had the same HEAT shell. It's definitely correct to change the guns so that there's an actual choice, though I don't know if Wargaming did that or if they just made both guns kind of crap.

That sounds familiar, actually. All I know for sure is that I free XP'd the 140 gun and then after they flipped it around I'm mildly annoyed that I had to [partially] free-XP the other gun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, the change is loving annoying. I knew one of the two used to be a pubbie trap, and even asked in here to make sure I had the right gun, and now the one I have has 0.06 worse accuracy (almost .4 on a loving medium), half a second longer aimtime, still the same worse AP pen (that I was okay with), at only 200 extra dpm.

I don't feel at all like blowing yet another 60k xp that leads to a tier 10 I don't want.

/edit:
When did they change that, anyway`?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I think it was in one of the recent patches that changed around the Soviet top tiers (i.e., added the 257, the 705s, tweaked the 430s, etc.)