Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A couple of the Ridiculists have also during episodes mentioned their experiences with pharmaceuticals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Warbird posted:

Why is Victor and the rest of the cast so versed in drugs? EMT work or the more obvious answer?

Victor is an actual, for real doctor. The other ones are more obvious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no I'm not even 10 minutes into this one and it's already bad oh dear

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
None of them knew what an NBOMe was though.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I think I may need to read the doc to figure out that segment and whether or not the kids butt-huffing nitrous were actually trying to open their third eyes

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I almost fell off my bike listening to the INTJ episode for the first time and kept having to pull over.

You looked into the eyes of a mountain lion, huh

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So I was listening to my latest episode of my sportsball podcast and they have an honest-to-goodness ad for a cuddle party (skip to the 35:10 mark to hear it)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:sever:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
That is a very ambitious marketing play.

"What demo is never showing up to our cuddle parties? WAIT I'VE GOT IT! PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE! BUT ESPECIALLY SPORTS FANS!"

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

TIL cuddle parties have a budget for advertising.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SA should host a cuddle party. It'd be like gooncamp 2.0, with extra sodomy.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Even in their own ad copy the cuddle parties have to have that weird "explore your boundaries! get comfortable with saying no!" thing that's like, Weird poo poo is Gonna Happen

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Thank you for making a podcast that said the words "tug on my Skinner box"

I didn't know I could laugh this hard.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I attended a cuddle party in college once, but it was a pretty informal "just hang out like normal, but with more physical contact" thing with my friends, and frankly that was weird enough. I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere near one of these things with these goddamn facilitators and exercises and a crowd of strangers.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Antivehicular posted:

I attended a cuddle party in college once, but it was a pretty informal "just hang out like normal, but with more physical contact" thing with my friends, and frankly that was weird enough. I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere near one of these things with these goddamn facilitators and exercises and a crowd of strangers.
It's to experience the power of Platonic touchhh...

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I can't help but imagine it being like Planet Fitness with their lunk alarm. The moment someone gets weird at a cuddle party the alarm goes off and they get ejected. It's pretty weird to begin with, so for it to go off someone has to get pretty goddamn weird.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Meldonox posted:

I can't help but imagine it being like Planet Fitness with their lunk alarm. The moment someone gets weird at a cuddle party the alarm goes off and they get ejected. It's pretty weird to begin with, so for it to go off someone has to get pretty goddamn weird.
Yeah, the Lunk Alarm is known for how hard it is to set off.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Benny the Snake posted:

So I was listening to my latest episode of my sportsball podcast and they have an honest-to-goodness ad for a cuddle party (skip to the 35:10 mark to hear it)

Oh my God it's the exact text from the F Plus episode.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's just not the same if John Toast isn't reading it

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Okay I finally listened and it's surreal to hear that read in earnest. Also interesting to hear the "other" guy in the The Jeselnik Rosenfeld Vanity Project in his natural element.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Any other SA posters going to the live show tonight?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Any other SA posters going to the live show tonight?

I'm there only in spirit because I'm broke as gently caress.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I really wanted to, but I'm broke and slow.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Seattle is literally on the other side of the world

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Guess who

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Goons in the whole front right row

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I want Kumquat to scream me to sleep. :allears:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Highlights of the night were Adam's list of spells and Lemon literally falling over laughing at poetry.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

love rand fishkin's new look

someone tell Kumquatxop that, he'll probably know who that is and he'll hate it. lemon, too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
F Plus Live was some intense poo poo. Can't wait for the afterparty tomorrow.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

That Old Tree posted:

I want Kumquat to scream me to sleep. :allears:
Same, and if somebody could isolate Kumquat screaming STUPID BOYS, I know a couple people who need a new ringtone.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
My belly still hurts from laughing so hard. Hope to meet up with some of y'all at the afterparty!

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

That was a great show. Shame I can't make it to the after party, but there's always next year.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Yeah it was a really fantastic show!! Kumqat is even funnier in person, my girlfriend had to take my beer away from me because I kept trying to drink it when he was reading for some idiot reason. Couldn't swing the after party but...hey maybe some day they'll do a show in Portland!

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Come down to LA next year, F Plus. The weather is nice and...yeah, that's about it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Heaven is for real, and Lou has been there.

Edit: I was actually getting angry at the blithely self-assured idiocy in this one, but then 11:11 showed up and put a big dumb grin on my face.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 2, 2018

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit talks about online experiences with Tabletop gaming! Sexism, ponies, overly wrought settings! The works! Nutshell is there too. :D

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I wonder if you read the Dungeons and Diapers thing I found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

ShellGame posted:

Extra Credit talks about online experiences with Tabletop gaming! Sexism, ponies, overly wrought settings! The works! Nutshell is there too. :D

As someone into PnP games this was pretty great.

Also RPGnet just recently banned support for Trump and his administration which made the chuds real mad.