Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Barudak posted:

The fact the original bone even hits 864p is surprising.

Slightly better framerates than basic PS4, too. Just blurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Checking in to say RDR2 runs amazingly well in the One X. Gorgeous looking game, even just rolling around in mud is fun and great to look at.

I wish it had a free camera mode like a few other titles. At least the cinematic mode is nice.

Install took an hour or so from the 2 discs. Disc swap at 56% and then back to game disc/disc 1 at 99% to launch it.

Patch was 3.6GB.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

drunkill posted:

Checking in to say RDR2 runs amazingly well in the One X. Gorgeous looking game, even just rolling around in mud is fun and great to look at.

I wish it had a free camera mode like a few other titles. At least the cinematic mode is nice.

Install took an hour or so from the 2 discs. Disc swap at 56% and then back to game disc/disc 1 at 99% to launch it.

Patch was 3.6GB.

How is first person mode? More fleshed out / well rounded than GTAV's?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Never did play gtav re-release. I only picked up an X bone x last week specifically for rdr2.

But i used it to clear out one camp of enemies just before, worked really well even taking cover behind trees you can lean out and shoot seamlessly.

Running up to enemies to do the close quarters one shot kill looks great in first person too.

First person horse riding is cool as hell.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I bought a One X and it paid me $40 to get Red Dead with it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Over There posted:

I bought a One X and it paid me $40 to get Red Dead with it.
Welcome.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Thank you

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Guys, I just confirmed with my local Gamestop that they do stack the two Xbox One X deals going on right now. I just bought my S two months ago, but I might actually go in this weekend and upgrade to an X and get RDR2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Guys, I just confirmed with my local Gamestop that they do stack the two Xbox One X deals going on right now. I just bought my S two months ago, but I might actually go in this weekend and upgrade to an X and get RDR2.

The point of sale system is supposed to lock them out from doing that but just go there and let them do it for you while you act ignorant and everyone wins.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gamestop lady once gave me a full refund for an opened played copy of godzilla ps4 because it was really bad

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
you beat it didn't you

tell the truth

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

BisterdDave posted:

I did this today

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

You getting a Red Dead bundle with the trade-in? Or are you getting an additional $100 off an X when you buy RDR2?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I bet there’s a poo poo load of people upgrading to One X this week.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beastie posted:

Starting approximately 30 seconds after that digital foundry article went up

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Starting approximately 30 seconds after that digital foundry article went up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Microsoft's flagship title to buy their console for is a multiplat they dont even have advertising rights to.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Barudak posted:

Microsoft's flagship title to buy their console for is a multiplat they dont even have advertising rights to.

If it's moving consoles then good for them

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

You getting a Red Dead bundle with the trade-in? Or are you getting an additional $100 off an X when you buy RDR2?

Getting $100 off when buying RDR2 along with $250 from trading in my S.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Barudak posted:

it'll be the best advertising campaign in terms of ROI.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I’m getting a pint of whisky and a cigarillo to chew on as I shoot yeller bellies in their guts.

I’m really excited for the FPS mode. It looked loving brutal in the small clips I saw.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Xbox Stays Winning

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Beastie posted:

I just got one. I've got a PS Pro. The 360 backwards compatibility had been tempting me for a while, and with these multiplats running better on the X and RDR2 coming, figured I might as well.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

BisterdDave posted:

Getting $100 off when buying RDR2 along with $250 from trading in my S.

I, uh, guess i'll be upgrading.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

you beat it didn't you

tell the truth

Ya totally but its 45 mins long

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What will gs give me in credit/cash for a 1s? I assume the big money is only if i want to upgrade

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

What will gs give me in credit/cash for a 1s? I assume the big money is only if i want to upgrade

In credit it should be a max of $250, depending on its condition.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa how long do i have on the promotion? Im totally down there this weekend to make 100 dollars on a black friday xbox

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

Whoa how long do i have on the promotion? Im totally down there this weekend to make 100 dollars on a black friday xbox

The promotion at least runs through this weekend. I don't remember if the Gamestop rep told me it ends on the 1st or the 5th of Nov.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
$250 credit is only towards the purchase of a One X. The promotion goes until the 28th.

Otherwise you're looking at ~$150 credit or $100 cash for your One S.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat gently caress it saves me the trip

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
So glad I got in on the earlier promo. Sold my original One for $200 and my PS4 for $250, plus some PS4 games. Got the One X and Hitman Complete for $40... amazing deal

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So glad I got in on the earlier promo. Sold my original One for $200 and my PS4 for $250, plus some PS4 games. Got the One X and Hitman Complete for $40... amazing deal
Yeah I didn't even really want a One X that badly (Forza looked cool as heck, but I'm not much of a hardcore modern gamer otherwise) but the fact that GameStop was willing to give me $250 dollars (lol) for my 4 year old PS4 was just too insane to pass up. One X + Game Pass is a hell of a combo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the best battlefield game dice could make would be an hd re-release of bc2 with the gameplay untouched (except maybe rebalance the saiga, usas and choppers to not be completely ridiculous)

except ea would poo poo it up and make all the unlocks take a thousand hours unless you buy lootboxes with random guns in them or whatever other dumb bullshit they'd assuredly pull

Declaring bankruptcy due to too many C4-laden UAVs purchased in Rush

Beastie posted:

Before BFV was announced my buddies and me were hoping for BC2 style game set in the Cold War.

The BF game I've wanted since 2005 is basically Battlefield 1985 set in central europe. Order now and get special Davy Crockett and SADM unlocks :getin:

Beastie posted:

Also, there is a dope collection of BC2 Vietnam songs (a lot were originals) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJvToQ2lGDg

LOVELY SAMANTHA LOVELY SAMANTHA

Man I miss a good BC2 sesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzAj3KVORc

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Barudak posted:

Imagine paying for the advertising rights to a game and this happens for the people that didn't.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Imagine paying for the advertising rights to a game and this happens for the people that didn't.

Im sure theyre fine

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Spacebump posted:

[that gif of Woody Harrelson wiping tears from his face with money]

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sony knew the One X version was vastly graphically superior to the PS4 version and that's why they threw millions of dollars at Rockstar to feature the PS4 version in all the commercials cause if people saw the One X graphics on TV and then got the game home on their PS4 and saw how ugly it was they'd freak the gently caress out. What they don't know can't hurt them.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

American McGay posted:

Sony knew the One X version was vastly graphically superior to the PS4 version and that's why they threw millions of dollars at Rockstar to feature the PS4 version in all the commercials cause if people saw the One X graphics on TV and then got the game home on their PS4 and saw how ugly it was they'd freak the gently caress out. What they don't know can't hurt them.

Sony fans be like^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Just did the GameStop tradein - here's the details:

$250 credit for my 6 month old xBox One S (no additional for the 1TB vs 500GB, unfortunately)
$100 credit for buying RDR 2

Caveats:
  • Credits definitely stack
  • You can only get the $250 credit toward a bare console - no bundle deals (unless you get super lucky and someone at the store screws up)
  • The version of RDR2 you get will dictate how much extra you save - $59/$79/$99
  • Do NOT wipe your console before bringing it in! The website doesn't say this, so they had to set it up again at the store to make sure everything was working. Wasted 15 minutes on that crap.
  • The guy I bought it from fast talked me into buying the $14.99 Power Up Pro points bullshit. He was saying that I would get cash based on points, which is true, but he made it sound like I'd get a dollar for every 100 points in purchases. Turns out, you get a dollar for every 1000 points - big difference. In other words, for this $500 purchase (counting the trade) I earned one single dollar in points.
  • If, like me, you get suckered into that purchase, you have 7 days to return for a full refund. Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?
  • I did get a free code for State of Decay 2. If I can sell it for a couple bucks, I'll be happy.

All in all, still not too bad. I paid $250 for my 1S, so I didn't lose anything on the deal. I essentially put a down payment on a 1X and picked it up 6 months later, getting a free RDR2 in the process.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 26, 2018