Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sks being detrimental to classes will never not be the funniest poo poo. Not just not good, but actually bad for you.

Meanwhile in weebtown my Sam set had like 2400 sks before I realized maybe I should meld some dhit instead. Never not go fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Well if SkS actually reduced cooldown speeds instead of just the GCD, it would actually be useful I think.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hmm, maybe catgirls aren't bad.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
That sounds like it’d gently caress up my wildfires even more since it’d be less likely to be aligned with raid buffs.

Old spear was real bad.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vargatron posted:

Are you hitting your positionals? Yes, whenever the fight is allowing it. I'll use True North if mechanics require me to stand in a specific spot and I can't move.

Are you doing a delayed first Life, or just popping Life as soon as you can? I am using Life as soon as I get three eyes and ~25 secs on my Blood of the Dragon meter.

Are your buffs lining up with CT and FT and your Life windows? I'm using buffs on cooldown and I'm double weaving buffs the first couple of global cooldowns during my opener.

Are you ever using Mirage Dive when you already have the full eye? No, I make sure not to waste Mirage Dive procs.

I'm trying to reduce my SkS down from like 1800. This apparently causing my cooldown abilities to get out of alignment from what I've read.

Delay your first life, unless mechanics make that untenable.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Bolow posted:

Delay your first life, unless mechanics make that untenable.

Delay life until when?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vargatron posted:

Delay life until when?

You can enter Life of the Dragon back to back. You geir then mirage on your 2nd jump, 3rd Eye, then enter Life when the next geir comes off CD

Bolow fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 25, 2018

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Yeah, that's why I was asking about delaying Life. If for your third MD you do Gier before the MD, you'll delay Life but then you can Jump jump just before entering Life, get an eye, Spineshatter will be off of cooldown so you can get a second eye, then Jump will come off of cooldown right as Life ends, so you can get the third eye and almost immediately go back into Life. With low enough SkS, that first Life ends between your 4/5 finishers, so you immediately go up to 30s on Blood before popping your second Life. I've gotten into a bad habit of using Jump early so that's not quite true. The guide explains it much better :v:

Doing this and using your buffs on cooldown will line things up such that two out of every three Nastrond uses will be under at least one buff; but unfortunately it's not really doable if your GCD is too fast, and it's difficult to be as slow as we'd like.

e: yeah look at that chart. Here's a link to the full guide if you're interested.

Telum fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 25, 2018

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It's doable unless your gcd is like sub 2.40 iirc. It just gets really lovely

Bolow fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 25, 2018

Mumblyfish
Jul 22, 2007
Senselessly gorgeous.
Does the European goon Free Company ever do Savage content? I love this dumb fancy dress game but just can't break into the harder content.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

My GCD was 2.32 last night when I checked. But I replaced two items, so that might have dropped some SkS down.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Vargatron posted:

My GCD was 2.32 last night when I checked. But I replaced two items, so that might have dropped some SkS down.

Oof. My condolences.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Sks being detrimental to classes will never not be the funniest poo poo. Not just not good, but actually bad for you.

Meanwhile in weebtown my Sam set had like 2400 sks before I realized maybe I should meld some dhit instead. Never not go fast.

Cowardly. Sks forever!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mumblyfish posted:

Does the European goon Free Company ever do Savage content? I love this dumb fancy dress game but just can't break into the harder content.

Yes, although we currently don't have enough folks to make a 3rd static. We could always use subs though, and if we get big enough we'll make a 3rd static.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

benefic is in beneficial so that means they're playing right, checkmate

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
spotted while doing 2.35 content

koji fox has been trying to tell us the whole time

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

There are only two classes in the game that never become detrimental rotationally (at reachable skill speeds at least) by going super fast. Not coincidentally those are SAM and DRK, two classes that primarily deal damage by building resources with their GCDs and most of their oGCDs just let them build resources faster.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Failboattootoot posted:

Cowardly. Sks forever!

My SAM gcd gets close to 1.5 seconds when somebody tosses am Enhanced Arrow on me. But that isn't good enough, I must go even further beyond.

my poor, poor tp

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Thundarr posted:

My SAM gcd gets close to 1.5 seconds when somebody tosses am Enhanced Arrow on me. But that isn't good enough, I must go even further beyond.

my poor, poor tp

The devil's choice : stack skillspeed cause you gotta go fast, or stack crit because massive midare's make me giggle.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kuvo posted:

I have to have an image on my 2nd screen to make 100% sure I don't get confused during Omega :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kuvo posted:

Yeah, I felt like I remembered the Ixal having something called Larboard Wing Component.

Still doesn't change the fact that Temple of the Fist used Port. :argh:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

L = left = larboard

ironically, this has finally been the thing that makes me remember starboard is right. thanks koji

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

World War Mammories posted:

L = left = larboard

ironically, this has finally been the thing that makes me remember starboard is right. thanks koji
:same:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

For me, the issue is that larboard and starboard are near identical and the only tell is the castbar. I mean, I ought to just enlarge the enemy hud display to make it easier (I've already gotten used to it) but port would make it way more easy to distinguish in the short gasp that is the second cast.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What if you are facing the stern.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

euphronius posted:

What if you are facing the stern.

Assume you are looking from aft to stern.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Aft?
Is that the bow?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

easy way: your rear end is on your back. kiss my aft

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

euphronius posted:

Aft?
Is that the bow?

Aft = rear end of the boat

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

koji fox: teaching nerds nautical terms since 2014

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Look it's an easy mechanic. Just stand on the same side as everybody else. If they're right, you win! If they're wrong, you can blame somebody else for confusing you.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Aft is the back of a ship. Stern is the back of a ship. Bow is the front of the ship.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Stand closer to the center of his hit box to cut travel time, swing your camera around so you’re facing the same way omega is so you don’t have to spend that millisecond translating which direction it means

Some people swear by some thing about whether he casts the same twice in a row or whatever, but I just give myself enough time by cutting down travel distance and reducing thinking required. You can also start running while you’re figuring out whether you need to or not, but that’s not optimal for casters so gently caress that. All of O11s/n is planning out your positioning and cutting down on how much movement you need to take in the moment.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
fo'c's'le

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's like how some languages have different words for snow.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
poop deck

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I also learned the term "nonpareil" from the MCH quest and it loving blew my mind.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Okay so I know the answer to my post is just going to be "Join a static, stupid!" which is 100% right and valid, but I used to lead a static and have been enjoying the pug life (until recently) since they all stopped playing.

But why is PF such a trash fire this tier? I struggled to clear o10 for like a week running multiple hours every single night, and now I've been stuck on o11s enrage parties for like a week and a half. I never had this many issues in Sigma and it was comparatively reliable.

At this point I feel cursed, even last night I managed to get invited as a sub to a static group that have been clearing it for weeks and they couldn't manage to clear it with a bunch of random lag, d/cs and greed deaths :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
This savage tier is the last one until next summer, so it's probably normal for people not to have it down like a month in