Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

photomount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Two sheets of thin glass?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'd say apply a fixatif or a spray barrier to prevent any bleeding to the watercolor piece and use a gloss acrylic medium on the glass and use a brayer or roller to eliminate any air bubbles. Use a moistened cloth or sponge to wipe up any excess on the glass. Use some wax paper between some weights until the gloss medium dries. Carefully use a razor type paint scraper to clean any excess off.

Edit: I'm stupid and can't read. Gloss medium or PVA are probably your best bet. I believe either golden or liquitex make a high gloss medium that should be as transparent as possible without yellowing.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 11, 2018

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh yeah, I've heard good things about using gloss medium as glue - my mum raves about it, and she's very into textile arts.

Jimmysip
Aug 27, 2012
Thanks gang gloss medium sounds quite promising. Is it this stuff?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's the stuff.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Is there any interest in a "show off your work" thread? I haven't found anything along those lines, but I'd be really interested to see what other goons are up to.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I like the idea, as I don't frequent the CC threads that aren't relevant to my skillset/abilities. It'd be nice to have exposure to different art forms I'm not terribly familiar with. I say go for it.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Seconded. I wish I could participate in the daily doodle thread but I never have time. I might be able to post a finished piece like 3 times a year though

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pixelante posted:

Is there any interest in a "show off your work" thread? I haven't found anything along those lines, but I'd be really interested to see what other goons are up to.

Hell yeah, go for it!

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
And so it was done. Go post your projects! I want to see what others are making, and show off the stuff I've been working on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Looking to spend more time focusing on drawing, and would like to pick up a decent model for references. I'm not a big fan of the classic wood ones but have no idea what's considered good among all the other types out there.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Whats the fastest/easiest way to split up an hour long video into 20 minute segments?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Windows movie maker I guess.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I do a podcast where we adapt video games into weird audio dramas. I need a handful of people to (without pay) record a bunch of video game lines. Is it appropriate for me to create a thread for this purpose? I know about the recordthisforfree subreddit, but I'm hesitant in using it because from what I've seen, the most prolific people offering their voices there are kids, teenagers, or people who don't have a very good microphone. Not that I need anything professional, but it needs to sound... at least consistent with the bitrate of the rest of the show. Also, I have a better connection with goons than reddit? I'm still not entirely sure how reddit works.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

credburn posted:

I do a podcast where we adapt video games into weird audio dramas. I need a handful of people to (without pay) record a bunch of video game lines. Is it appropriate for me to create a thread for this purpose? I know about the recordthisforfree subreddit, but I'm hesitant in using it because from what I've seen, the most prolific people offering their voices there are kids, teenagers, or people who don't have a very good microphone. Not that I need anything professional, but it needs to sound... at least consistent with the bitrate of the rest of the show. Also, I have a better connection with goons than reddit? I'm still not entirely sure how reddit works.

This actually came up recently and I think someone made a thread here and it worked. Or you could do SA-Mart but for free maybe I don't know how that works.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

VelociBacon posted:

Windows movie maker I guess.

I'm a little stunned but this is probably the answer I need.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
has anyone ever tried nanowrimo, is so what's your strategy?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Fruity20 posted:

has anyone ever tried nanowrimo, is so what's your strategy?

Don't edit, just write. If you get stuck on a scene, jump to another one. Set a schedule and keep it, especially for the first week. Some people like writing meet-ups, but they tend to be weird. Expect that your novel will suck, but do it anyway--you can edit it later. I liked using Google Docs because I could write on my phone if the mood struck.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

My so and I did nano a few years ago. You pretty much have to write every single day. And I agree with the no edits. Just go balls to the wall for November and edit later

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Seconding setting a bare minimum quota and Just. Write. No time to edit.

My own question is I have a friend who has made an awesome cute and creepy tarot deck and has a KS for it. I’d like to share, it I can’t figure out where the best place to do so is.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Making the jump to digital.

If I have an ink drawing, just black ink on white paper, and I scan it and bring it into Clip Studio Paint Pro, is there an easy way to bring just the line art into its own layer so I can digitally color underneath it without having to trace it all in the program as well?

I mean besides just using the magic wand, selecting every bit of the white paper, and filling it with "transparent" (if that makes sense). Something more automated to do the whole image at once.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Doctor Dogballs posted:

If I have an ink drawing, just black ink on white paper, and I scan it and bring it into Clip Studio Paint Pro, is there an easy way to bring just the line art into its own layer so I can digitally color underneath it without having to trace it all in the program as well?

I mean besides just using the magic wand, selecting every bit of the white paper, and filling it with "transparent" (if that makes sense). Something more automated to do the whole image at once.

idk about photoshop but in csp if it's a good scan you can go into edit > convert brightness to opacity and that removes all white area and leaves lines. I can prob guarantee photoshop would probably have a similar option somewhere.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Futaba Anzu posted:

idk about photoshop but in csp if it's a good scan you can go into edit > convert brightness to opacity and that removes all white area and leaves lines. I can prob guarantee photoshop would probably have a similar option somewhere.

outstanding, gonna give that a try. thanks!!!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

credburn posted:

Yes, this is fine: just be clear that it's for free. I'm happy to record some lines for you, I have an ok mic.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

credburn posted:

I didn't bring it up initially because I wasn't sure what you'd find but I can also record some lines, I have a decent recording setup here.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Set the layer to multiply.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

Ferrule posted:

Set the layer to multiply.

I don't see any settings/options by this name in the layers panel; can you explain what that does and how I change the setting

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Once you've done that, you can make another layer for colours and stuff, and the black of your lines will still be visible, but the white paper won't be.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1_VU7LBs8

lofi fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 5, 2018

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Anyone know what typeface/font this is?

edit: Found it: Vivaldi

Lincoln fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 11, 2018

Hemoglobin
Jan 13, 2010

come pick my roses~
I have an issue with the XP-Pen Artist10s 1 IPS Graphic Drawing Monitor Tablet; the cables are super short and i have to sit in a weird position to use the tablet. Are there any extensions i can buy for the hdmi/usb cables? Where would I find them?

https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/92.html

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Would a standard USB extension cable not work?

Hemoglobin
Jan 13, 2010

come pick my roses~
It will, actually. The obvious solution was right in front of me. Bleh brain fart. But i appreciate the response.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
I have a question about Publisher 2016. I've been put in charge of the company newsletter and I have a photo with a transparent background. When I'm editing, it looks great. When I email preview or email it to myself to see how it looks, the transparent image backgrounds and text box backgrounds are a lighter shade than it looked while working on it. How can I make the text boxes and image backgrounds actually transparent so it blends?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Illustrator CC: is there an easy way to chose "transparent" as one of the colors in a gradient?

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Lincoln posted:

Illustrator CC: is there an easy way to chose "transparent" as one of the colors in a gradient?

In the gradient panel change the color you want transparent opacity to 0.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

In after effects is there a way to automatically deform text within a shape? Like for example having the letters shape out the form of a heart or the like

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
This ain't a stupid question, just advice:

Don't upgrade to the new CC just yet. Illustrator is wonky as hell with tons of crashes and Photoshop...well, have fun scaling things using your muscle memory (proportions are automatically constrained. now you hold shift to free transform).

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2548154?fbclid=IwAR1F8Rqo0zRYSJDWzkF4k99uluVtvrn4iH8QOn7SAp-1JAXBgL5mkNpVZug

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

In after effects is there a way to automatically deform text within a shape? Like for example having the letters shape out the form of a heart or the like

In what program? Text on a path can be done in both shop and illustrator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Futaba Anzu posted:

Synthbuttrange posted:

In what program? Text on a path can be done in both shop and illustrator

Or Envelope. I don't know if After Effects has that but in Illustrator you can use Envelop - Make With Top Object or whatever.