Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I watched a few of this guys videos after never having heard of him before

Kind of funny and entertaining but his shtick of repeating catch phrases over and over got a bit annoying

Unless thats the joke and hes taking the piss out of the super serious street wear dudes , honestly hard to tell what is real and what is satire at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

App13
Dec 31, 2011

No picture but I just signed up for comcasts new gigabit internet for $89/mo (well, $100 when you take into account equipment rental)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
What speed and where do you live? That seems expensive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That does sound like a lot. I pay $70 for gigabit in San Francisco and that includes rental fees.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Blue On Blue posted:

I watched a few of this guys videos after never having heard of him before

Kind of funny and entertaining but his shtick of repeating catch phrases over and over got a bit annoying

Unless thats the joke and hes taking the piss out of the super serious street wear dudes , honestly hard to tell what is real and what is satire at this point

It's a video by Super Deluxe, it's definitely satire.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Blue On Blue posted:

The thing people dont get about the super expensive fashion sneakers is, you need to be suitably attired in other stupid fashion forward clothing to make them 'fit'

Someone wearing regular clothing from walmart with high end fashion sneakers on will end up looking like a total failure at life

so wearing one piece of clothing that looks like poo poo makes you a failure but if you wear nothing but clothing that looks like poo poo...I'm lost. Is this like when a movie is so bad it becomes good again?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Avant garde is often dumb

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JEEVES420 posted:

so wearing one piece of clothing that looks like poo poo makes you a failure but if you wear nothing but clothing that looks like poo poo...I'm lost. Is this like when a movie is so bad it becomes good again?

Presenting Tommy Wiseau's "The Outfit"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

JEEVES420 posted:

Humanity is largely composed of imbeciles. Last night I spent two hours looking at stickers on Amazon. Did you know you can get a 200 piece grab bag for like, $6?

What a deal!! Anyways last night I bought a shitload of stickers from Amazon

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The next level for undershirt is to not wear one. Your gray or white undershirt peeking through your regular shirt looks dumb as hell.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Blue On Blue posted:

The thing people dont get about the super expensive fashion sneakers is, you need to be suitably attired in other stupid fashion forward clothing to make them 'fit'

Someone wearing regular clothing from walmart with high end fashion sneakers on will end up looking like a total failure at life
Someone who "succeeds" at wearing high end fashion like these shoes is still going to look like a total failure at life to virtually everyone who sees them.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Rolo posted:

It's gigabit dude

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I used to run an isp and we paid a couple grand a month for a 1.5 mbps T1 line. drat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KingSlime posted:

Humanity is largely composed of imbeciles. Last night I spent two hours looking at stickers on Amazon. Did you know you can get a 200 piece grab bag for like, $6?

What a deal!! Anyways last night I bought a shitload of stickers from Amazon

Pffft. You could have paid $4 for 500 on AliExpress AND maybe gotten cancer from them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

George H.W. oval office posted:

The next level for undershirt is to not wear one. Your gray or white undershirt peeking through your regular shirt looks dumb as hell.

This post was brought to you by fair weather crew

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
I live in MD and I pay $75/month for 60Mbps. ISPs is the US suck poo poo.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Decrepus posted:

This post was brought to you by fair weather crew

I live in central Texas, wear dress shirts to work, and still think undershirts are pointless. If it's hot, they'll just make you feel hotter. If it's so cold that you need the warmth, you should be wearing something else anyway. If your outer shirt is otherwise uncomfortable, stop wearing burlap.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Trabant posted:

I live in central Texas, wear dress shirts to work, and still think undershirts are pointless. If it's hot, they'll just make you feel hotter. If it's so cold that you need the warmth, you should be wearing something else anyway. If your outer shirt is otherwise uncomfortable, stop wearing burlap.

Trabant looked disgusting--nipples protruding--without an undershirt before his boss. Very very disrespectful.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
galaxy brain: formal pasties

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Rolo posted:

Its gigabit (1000 Mb) in New England. I was previously paying $90 for 200Mb without rental.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

ArmZ posted:

Trabant looked disgusting--nipples protruding--without an undershirt before his boss. Very very disrespectful.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to find the human body this distressing. I bet it makes life a daily struggle.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

App13 posted:

Its gigabit (1000 Mb) in New England. I was previously paying $90 for 200Mb without rental.

It's still over coax and speeds are only measured to your local hub, not to mention it's not synchronous with the upstream since they haven't fixed their problem with docsis 3.1 still being filtered hard by the old equipment.

gently caress comcast.

Picked up a new computer case:

some stickers from a shop at the punk rock flea market:

moe shop cassette

hanabi

netrunner

iPhone xs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xenoletum posted:

moe shop cassette

nice, must have been quick

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah I pay 60 total for 100 down and up fiber that has so far never tested under 110 for either.

Also are cassettes coming back?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rolo posted:

Yeah I pay 60 total for 100 down and up fiber that has so far never tested under 110 for either.

I saw a discman for sale at bestbuy the other day... $70

It's safe to assume Walkman are next

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rolo posted:

They never went away, though I doubt they will ever make mainstream again due to streaming

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

beanieson posted:

Who makes that AR-9? Been looking at the angstadt arms version.

http://www.hmdefense.com/html/ar15_pistols.html

A poo poo ton less than the angstadt's... I love everything HM Defense is doing

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Trabant posted:

What's the humidity like there? Here, where it's >90% everyday, undershirt is mandatory

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

1redflag posted:

What's the humidity like there? Here, where it's >90% everyday, undershirt is mandatory

Per WUnderground September avg. high was 91%, August was 67%, July 85%. So definitely not Florida, but it can get nasty.

KingSlime posted:

I can only imagine how hard it must be to find the human body this distressing. I bet it makes life a daily struggle.

I have to admit though, my body is pretty distressing.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

KingSlime posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/149589104168939520?lang=en

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

God drat it all to hell, of course it was a trump tweet reference

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Cassettes have definitely been making a comeback, which must be pure nostalgia because they really offer no advantage over any other format.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Cassettes have definitely been making a comeback, which must be pure nostalgia because they really offer no advantage over any other format.

The same could be said of vinyl and look his that's taking off :can:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I buy old broken tape decks for pocket change from flea markets and classifieds, refurbish them with a wipedown, new belt and a drop of oil in the motor and sell them off again for $100-$300 depending on how attractive they are. They all literally sell within minutes whenever I post one up for sale.

Same thing with CD players too, if you get a decent name brand 19" wide player with remote control, it will be gone immediately.

I don't deal with record players, because those can be bought brand new all over the place and at any price.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

mobby_6kl posted:

I got big into vinyl back in highschool (roughly 2005-2007) and seeing people talking about how vinyl is 'taking off' just now is super weird, it felt like vinyl was making a good resurgence then with pretty much all the bands I cared about putting out records with MP3 codes bundled in. HOWEVER it just means I can unload all the records I bought back then super easy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

When I started buying music, I almost always chose LP because for some reason it usually cost 1€ less than the album on CD. (Which is loving outrageous when you consider the actual production costs.)

Oh and a lot of new bands released 4-5 singles before they ever put out a CD (if they stayed together that long anyway).

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Tapes are fun.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

mobby_6kl posted:

Eh LPs are a lot more appealing as physical objects (artwork looks better too) and supposedly sound warmer as well, although I’ve never been enough of an enthusiast to comment on that. Tapes were mostly good for piracy and travel use, but the digital era has superior options for both.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Coffee And Pie posted:

Tapes are fun.

yup love having to fast forward/stop/play/fast forward/stop/play/rewind/stop/play/fast forward/stop/play...to get to the next song. Oh and when a machine eats the tape, love untangling that mess and then trying to find a pencil cause my finger tip is sore to finish winding it all back up...anybody got any scotch tape?

That crinkle noise, it just adds to the aesthetic, it just sounds more authentic.

Tapes suck rear end.

edit: forgot about the "hidden" tracks, that was something that died off with tapes. Not the same when you can see the run time left on a CD track :downs:

JEEVES420 has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Cassettes (and also open reel tape :homebrew: ) are really just a bit of fun nostalgia these days. A hobby like anything else. When I have people over I'll put on a 10" open reel mixtape on my TC-765 sometimes. Easier to just put on Spotify or whatever, but that's not always the point.