Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Nolgthorn posted:

My favourite mechanic so far is the talk button is the same as the aim weapon button

I'll let my bullets speak for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

low hanging tree branches are the deadliest weapon in this game

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I’m paralyzed. I don’t know if picking this up at 9PM is actually going to save me time over waiting until the digital preload. Oh god.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Buy both and a separate ps4 to make sure you get it as fast as possible

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you're on the west coast then buying in a store will be slower.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Who is Ned, anyways? Character's name is Arthur.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

I said come in! posted:

If you're on the west coast then buying in a store will be slower.

Central, so the store is 2 hours before the official unlock time.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Get the little physical map

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9rcrw0/only_rockstar_can_make_you_feel_like_this/

:stare:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Just saw this. I'm never hunting

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

ugh

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

People who are already playing and bought digital Did you have to download anything extra?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Fat_Cow posted:

People who are already playing and bought digital Did you have to download anything extra?

I just fired it up. There was an extra, tiny download for the preoder stuff but I didn't have to download any patches or anything like that.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

That is loving grim

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I fell asleep before I could try this game last night and now I'm busy until Sunday :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That is an amazing amount of detail, holy christ that looks incredible. I'm never hunting in this game now though.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Well maybe if he didn’t shoot like a loving rear end in a top hat and killed the thing with the first shot it would be more dignified. Also, who hunts baby deer? :ohdear:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 25, 2018

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The first deer I hit straight between the eyes and I though hah well that's hunting then.

The second dear, I winged it with an arrow and it started screaming and scampered off into some trees where it continued screaming until I found it and murdered it. It wasn't hard to find because of the immense amount of blood. So aim straight and aim true.

I am currently in a tiny tent, I paid 50c to watch a moving picture.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

That is so realistic, I love it!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Nolgthorn posted:

The first deer I hit straight between the eyes and I though hah well that's hunting then.

The second dear, I winged it with an arrow and it started screaming and scampered off into some trees where it continued screaming until I found it and murdered it. It wasn't hard to find because of the immense amount of blood. So aim straight and aim true.

I do not aim with my eye, he who aims with his eye has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my heart.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

what happens when you shoot the baby deer in it dick tho

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Well maybe if he didn’t shoot like a loving rear end in a top hat and killed the thing with the first shot it would be more dignified. Also, who hunts baby deer? :oh dear:

this scene works a lot better outside the front door of the saloon

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

That's why you always aim to kill in the first hit through the head, don't let the animal suffer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Do the deer testicles grow and shrink with the temperature as well?

I feel shrinking deer testicles are probably a better deal than shrinking horse testicles, because they're under a buck

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm going to conduct experiments on all things testicles, see what environmental or physical factors effect testicle size and movement. when a deer is in pain, do it's testicles recede into its body? these are things the frontier must know.

if you shoot a man in the leg or arm, does he limp / stop using the arm you shot?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I wonder if I shoot a person through the spine, do they become paralyzed?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Day Man posted:

I wonder if I shoot a person through the spine, do they become paralyzed?

can you buy wheelchairs in this game? GOTY

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Shoot everything in the testicles

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
How shoot he dick

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How long does it take to get to the first save point? Don’t have a lot of time tonight and don’t want to start if I can’t get there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/4xs62u8.mp4

i'm gonna make my horse do snow angels

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

KDdidit posted:

How long does it take to get to the first save point? Don’t have a lot of time tonight and don’t want to start if I can’t get there.

The save points happen totally covertly and you can save whenever. I'm discovering you often don't have a horse. I tried to get a dude that was near a horse I was going to steal to leave and things escalated I'm not sure I can go back to that town.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
to the town of Agua Fria rode a stranger one fine dayyyyyyyy

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Gay Horney posted:

Whats the preferred snack for this game folks? Can be historical or a comfort food

Wolf Brand Chili straight from the can

Qubee
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

this will be my theme song as I ride slowly into town

but instead of good boy, I'll tell everyone they've been bad boahs

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does this game have GTA V style heists? I kinda assumed that it would do, but I haven't heard people mention it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I tried to steal a police horse

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gunder posted:

Does this game have GTA V style heists? I kinda assumed that it would do, but I haven't heard people mention it.

apparently it does.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Crabtree posted:

That's why you always aim to kill in the first hit through the head, don't let the animal suffer.

Through the heart and lungs is best probably. A deer’s head is very easy to miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm going to punch a horse and then get really drunk off whiskey

Then I will play the game