Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Oh man, I'd love to actually be able to play OOO)))

No no, you're thinking of the 2013 remake. That picture's the cover for the original Ɑ0D||).
You can see it's got the hero, Ɑ0D||)CU\/ on there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The_White_Crane posted:

Then we'll have bats! :downs:

I'm looking at bats and basements and I know there's a batman joke somewhere but I can't quite nail it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

I'm looking at bats and basements and I know there's a batman joke somewhere but I can't quite nail it.

you might be thinking of jesus.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://twitter.com/TerryM_91/status/1053970147201990656

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Wanted to generate book titles again, so here we go:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Hempuli posted:

BRB, going to write Vegas Pregnant: Father Michaels and Rydin' the G-Spot before they're taken.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

69 Shades bonus Chaos sounds like video game DLC.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I think I've seen the Nurse Butt movies.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hempuli posted:

I love these

e: and yeah 69 Shades Bonus Chaos is Vermintide DLC

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Drummer Wife Requiem is really sad & the final chapter being 30 pages of percussive onomatopoeia is a bold choice but it really works. Not ashamed to admit that I cried

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Here's some more stuff I generated with Headline Smasher:

American Tourist in Bahamas Tries Eating Fisherman's Boat Motor

Colombia Struggles to Fill Balloons

The High-Risk, High-Reward World of Jane Austen Fandom

Video Shows Border Wall Construction Underway in North Carolina

"Edging" Is the Real Story Behind This Provocative, Tasty Drink

Kavanaugh's First Action Figure Revealed!

James Comey's Forked Tongue Goes Into Reverse

Wines of the Donner Party

Some People's Orgasms Are Actually a Yeast Infection

KISS Announces Final End of the United States

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Some spooky Halloween pics from the BigGAN materials, as posted by @JanelleCShane:

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1057711698872696833
https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1057719843703599104
More about this on their blog: http://aiweirdness.com/post/179626595787/the-creepiest-images-generated-by-biggan

Unrelatedly, I know that fractals don't really follow the idea of procedural generation, but it's close enough so I wanted to share:

I wanted to learn how to program a Mandelbrot set visualizer. Initial attempts weren't super convincing:

But after consulting the WikiHow article more on how to draw the fractal, things started looking better

Note how lua runs out of floating point precision in the last one!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Great and beautiful work, I'm gonna need to experiment with that one day for my 3D graphics tutorial site and it's nice to see someone getting it up and running

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Botnik wrote a Goosebumps book.

It's not really procedurally generated since it's guided and edited by humans, but it's along the same lines.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Are these legit they're all so good

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
All legit—there's no way to influence your results that I know of, and you can see which specific headlines it's combined. (There is a function to specifically choose which news sites to generate headlines from, but it doesn't seem to work.)

The genuinely funny headlines are actually pretty rare.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Nov 2, 2018

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

Fractals: Never Not butts™

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

This looks really unnerving:

https://twitter.com/highqualitysh1t/status/1059136762432368642

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"During our studies on how to trigger trypophobia using the largest possible low-frequency objects we inadvertently created an HD version of Sonic Spinball's Lava Powerhouse Boss. Please enjoy the results of our hard work."

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I like when the woman starts eating the child's ear and then becomes a child herself.

That video really triggers that uncanny valley physical revulsion response, doesn't it. Like, I don't consider myself particularly sensitive to this sort of thing, and I feel genuinely uneasy watching it.

1:08 :gonk:

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 07:36 on Nov 5, 2018

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
The wrongest part for me is that it figured out the general pattern for teeth, the right number and shape and so on, but when a face moves sideways the teeth scroll instead.

Instaedit: Wrong as in unsettling, not "haha your magic box hosed up"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's a Shoggoth.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I started the vid but stopped quickly, i'm not gonna watch that cause there's a chance i'm in there somewhere, and i'd rather not have that sight haunt my nightmares

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

You cannot grasp the true form of GAN's attack!

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I just wish I could watch it without Michael Jackson's song "Black or White" playing in my head.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Someone should do one with those Fear Factory haunted house photos.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

poo poo, I finally get back here to view the video properly and the tweet is gone. :negative:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/highqualitysh1t/status/1059549598329520129

Makes sense. Nevertheless, that video was a very good NN uncanny valley demo.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

It sounded great ("great"). I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of it soon enough.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

This isn't procedurally generated per se, but it seems like the kind of thing this thread would appreciate: the most unwanted song.

In the 90s, a polling firm sought to quantify what aspects of music people most liked or disliked. Professional musicians then took the "most disliked" list and wrote this 22 minute, 25 movement piece for soprano, tuba, accordion, bagpipes, drum machine and children's choir.

This video shows the score and conductor's notes as the music plays; I highly recommend reading along.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's nuts, parts of the song have been stuck in my head since I first found it around a decade ago.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
There's also The Most Wanted Music, which is just as breathtakingly awful. But it's pop single length, as you might expect.

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
The Most Unwanted Song is gloriously bad while The Most Wanted Song is worse than bad, it's forgettable.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

EASTER TIME EASTER TIME :buddy:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Please re-post the video whenever it surfaces again, I want to show some friends

And I'm sure it will, either someone kept it or they'll re-post it because they only deleted it to draw attention to their rules

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Please re-post the video whenever it surfaces again, I want to show some friends

And I'm sure it will, either someone kept it or they'll re-post it because they only deleted it to draw attention to their rules

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/9udese/plugging_50000_portraits_into_facial/

Have fun :unsmigghh:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I want that playing in a constant loop as my desktop wallpaper

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I want that playing in a constant loop as my desktop wallpaper

You can do that with wallpaperengine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

ToxicFrog posted:

This isn't procedurally generated per se, but it seems like the kind of thing this thread would appreciate: the most unwanted song.

In the 90s, a polling firm sought to quantify what aspects of music people most liked or disliked. Professional musicians then took the "most disliked" list and wrote this 22 minute, 25 movement piece for soprano, tuba, accordion, bagpipes, drum machine and children's choir.

This video shows the score and conductor's notes as the music plays; I highly recommend reading along.

The new Sufjan Stevens album is banging!