Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I seriously challenge anyone to find me a more late 80's/early 90's-looking still from a movie/tv show

Terminator rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

simplefish posted:

Dear Doobie,

Thank you for your correspondence.

As you know, we at the United Federation of Planets Bureau of Start-up Occupations receive many requests for land allocation every day. As worthy as these cases may be, it is not always possible to locate them upon Earth due to limited land to allocate.

A Qualified Case Officer has reviewed your request, and after deliberation with Senior Colleagues has reached the following decision:

START-UP NOT ACCEPTED FOR EARTH
MEAT-BASED EATERY UNPROVEN IN REGION SELECTED
RECOMMEND RELOCATION TO COLONIAL JURISDICTION

With regret, the auditor's decision is final, and there is no Appeals Process.

However, we note that in this case, the auditor has recommended relocation.

We currently have vacancies in allocation for a MEAT-BASED EATERY in the system of ALGENON, specifically on ALGENON IV.

If you would like to apply for reconsideration of your business' establishment on ALGENON IV, please complete form PY6-XX130 (attached) with a letter stating your case for Colonial Re-Location, along with form XN2-6609 explaining why you think your business would flourish on and benefit the [1ST] wave of colonists to ALGENON IV.

Further forms may require completion and submission at the Auditor General's discretion.

Your co-operation is appreciated in this matter.

With best regards,

BAD FRO'GGER

Auditor General
United Federation of Planets
Bureau of Start-up Occupations

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Friend of mine just reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBvHkO7UQPU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

HD DAD posted:

I had a babysitter circa ‘90 that looked a lot like her

Was your babysitter Linda Hamilton?

e:fb

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm not going to lie, I would be very happy if all of the current Star Trek shows got canceled. As much as I like Patrick Stewart, the premise of his show sounds horrible. Discovery squandered whatever goodwill I had with regard to the new shows.

I don't think Picard should have a comeback show, to be honest. If anything, thanks to prestige TV budgets, the shared universe thing, CG effects, etc. CBS/Paramount could/should do one of two things:

-Kill Trek off entirely for at least another 10 years on TV and let the audience want to have it back: They DID do that, though, and it just didn't work.

-Go Anthology or shared universe. Other shows have seemingly had success with this concept. Every season is a Trek season, but it's got a new ship and crew and theme each year.

If Trek is a big, unexplored universe, I think that opens up some room for branching the universe out since a large part of the audience is already in the comfort zone of what Trek is: The ships, the crew roles, the missions.

Now we can start to break off from that and get something perhaps a bit new to the franchise. We could do a series that has a cosmic horror theme, a political thriller, an edgy military Trek. Set them all in the same window of time so maybe you get the eventual callbacks or hints of past/future seasons. You could use it as a springboard for newer talent, or a way to attract bigger name talent who wanted to do a Trek series without a long-term commitment.

Data: "Lal? Could you get behind me so as to not block or take away the focus on Spot in the photograph with myself? Thank you."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tighclops posted:

Like they only made Voyager to prop up UPN and look how that turned out, have we all learned nothing

UPN could've stood on its own two feet just fi-

https://youtu.be/HNFyQsvWJ_k

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I seriously challenge anyone to find me a more late 80's/early 90's-looking still from a movie/tv show

I wonder how many layers of ozone we lost to hairspray to make that incredible do possible

it's so good

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

It's well written, don't confuse the writing with the trainwreck lives of Dan Harmon and R&M superfans

Yeah, this could work out well if for no other reason that Rick and Morty writers actually seem to have a ton more science and science fiction literacy than anybody currently in charge of Star Trek right now.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't think Picard should have a comeback show, to be honest. If anything, thanks to prestige TV budgets, the shared universe thing, CG effects, etc. CBS/Paramount could/should do one of two things:

-Kill Trek off entirely for at least another 10 years on TV and let the audience want to have it back: They DID do that, though, and it just didn't work.

-Go Anthology or shared universe. Other shows have seemingly had success with this concept. Every season is a Trek season, but it's got a new ship and crew and theme each year.

If Trek is a big, unexplored universe, I think that opens up some room for branching the universe out since a large part of the audience is already in the comfort zone of what Trek is: The ships, the crew roles, the missions.

Now we can start to break off from that and get something perhaps a bit new to the franchise. We could do a series that has a cosmic horror theme, a political thriller, an edgy military Trek. Set them all in the same window of time so maybe you get the eventual callbacks or hints of past/future seasons. You could use it as a springboard for newer talent, or a way to attract bigger name talent who wanted to do a Trek series without a long-term commitment.

Data: "Lal? Could you get behind me so as to not block or take away the focus on Spot in the photograph with myself? Thank you."

Frankly, I'd love to see a series about the people Starfleet send to deal with/clean up the crazy anomalies that the rest of the fleet runs into. Kind of like Fringe but set in Star Trek.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

My favorite part of what little I've seen of ENT is the crew crushing massive steaks for meals.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Too much 90's, not enough late 80's.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Actually I think that haircut is making a comeback in the white supremacist circles

now we just need Inara's hairstyle to make a resurgence among Antifa (please)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
haircuts like that are everywhere now, inyalowda.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bogus Adventure posted:

As much as I like Patrick Stewart, the premise of his show sounds horrible.

The premise of which we know nothing other than it has Picard and it's set 20 years after Nemesis?

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Don't stop the hate train just as it's leaving the station.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Timby posted:

The premise of which we know nothing other than it has Picard and it's set 20 years after Nemesis?

They said it's going to be allowed to be its own thing, and Patrick Stewart was responsible for some of the worst decisions in the TNG movies (like the Argo). I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the well from Extras and turned it into "Star Trekxxx: The Erotic Adventures of Jean-Luc Picard"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm the glowing alien that impregnated troi with itself, which she then gave birth to and briefly raised

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm the glowing alien that impregnated troi with itself, which she then gave birth to and briefly raised

That baby owned because he realized that whole situation was weird and would age hella poorly, so he got up and bailed before he became a season plotline. Godspeed little bro

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Actually I think that haircut is making a comeback in the white supremacist circles

Nah, it already made its comeback as a woman's hairstyle a few years ago. The key difference is the undercut requires long hair to cut under rather than the poor man's military short that supremacists are trying for.

Also I'm the ginger daddy in the blue and black check that I recognise as a dick but can't recall in what context or episode.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I've nearly finished another run of DS9 and I really wish we got to see more of large Klingon chef. The thought of him swinging a batleth against an invasion of Cardies and Jem Hadar, joyfully singing as he protects his best gagh was a sorely missed opportunity. That and him calling Worf a nerd at every opportunity while he and Martok share a knowing nod.

naem
May 29, 2011

i’m going to assume you raise gaugh just in a bucket you pour garbage into and it makes more gaough

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Did someone say O'Brien is the only character it's okay to like unironicallly because Moogie is bae.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

shame on an IGA posted:

Did someone say O'Brien is the only character it's okay to like unironicallly because Moogie is bae.

First Moogie or second Moogie?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

First Moogie or second Moogie?

first, I'm still only on S3

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

naem posted:

i’m going to assume you raise gaugh just in a bucket you pour garbage into and it makes more gaough
All Klingon houses have a personal gagh farm for food scraps.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

Forget sexuality. Who's buying Reed as the security man? This is our muscle, our fighter?

To be fair, Reed's the Tactical Officer. The "angle 30 degrees up, 120 degrees starboard... FIRE!" kind of Tactical Officer. The fact he keeps getting dragged on away missions is just standard Star Trek.

naem
May 29, 2011

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

My friends have for years called this the "Nazi Pineapple". Antifa should get in on some serious second-season TNG hair to counter, like full on Worf do.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I keep reading The Outrageous Okona as Okama, a possibly offensive Japanese term for crossdresser, and now picturing a Star Trek crossover with Han Solo as a Japanese crossdresser and it sounds amazing. I read too much One Piece.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Bogus Adventure posted:

They said it's going to be allowed to be its own thing, and Patrick Stewart was responsible for some of the worst decisions in the TNG movies (like the Argo). I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the well from Extras and turned it into "Star Trekxxx: The Erotic Adventures of Jean-Luc Picard"

I made this joke earlier but then realised I'd watch the movie Patrick Stuart pitches in Extras.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bogus Adventure posted:

"Star Trekxxx: The Erotic Adventures of Jean-Luc Picard"

:getin:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Picard becomes deputy director of Starfleet Intelligence.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Captain Picard Day has replaced Christmas and Vulcan No Sex Day as the most popular Federation holiday. The series revolves around Picard training all the mall Picards on how to act captainy for the children's pictures in the months leading up to it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Star Trexxx II: The Whack-off Khan.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghostlight posted:

Star Trexxx II: The Whack-off Khan.

"Star Trexxx II: The Rod of Khan" was right there :colbert:.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Universe Master posted:

Captain Picard Day has replaced Christmas and Vulcan No Sex Day as the most popular Federation holiday. The series revolves around Picard training all the mall Picards on how to act captainy for the children's pictures in the months leading up to it.
all human holiday rituals are replaced by kancho and the romulans are confused as gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bobby Deluxe posted:

all human holiday rituals are replaced by kancho and the romulans are confused as gently caress

I googled that and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the tal shiar start recieving reports of it and in response they permacloak the entire empire