Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Scarodactyl posted:

I love that dumb MMO, and Bowman's ghostbusters remix for it.

I hope nobody minds if I post some dumb fanart from a while back, since the potential audience for it is pretty drat small:

Eternity's Slylock

drat that's a fine nakkodile

This is phenominal. Thank you for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

The day after Cascade dropped was probably the only day I was ever a morning person.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i think i speak for all of us when i say that homestuck's ending was the worst thing to happen in 2016

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Homestuck doesn't even have a fifth of its luster without the entire premise of live updates and community participation, to be honest without it I'm not sure if I would have stuck with it long as I did

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Tenebrais posted:

No one even cares that it's 10/25 any more.

This is extremely untrue. It's unwise to use SA as a microcosm for how the whole internet feels about a thing. Honestly, this place is like my sixth choice to talk about anything related to Homestuck or anything else I like, behind offline, tumblr, twitter, discord, and even facebook. But no, there are a lot of people doing a lot of things, not the least of which is a fanzine commemorating Rose and Kanaya's wedding anniversary.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

i think i speak for all of us when i say that homestuck's ending was the worst thing to happen in 2016

Hating Homestuck is so 2016 😞

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Plom Bar posted:

But no, there are a lot of people doing a lot of things
There is a commemorative Nic Cage movie stream, but other than that I haven't seen much excitement myself.

BeefyTaco
Nov 29, 2007

Squirtle, you cannot use fire. You are a water pokemon.
Hi, I'd just like to say that, while we are remembering the good times, I was a semi-latecomer and spent weeks catching up when I first got hooked. When I finally had read everything, the last page was [S] 3x SHOWDOWN COMBO. That cliffhanger, followed by Kanaya's righteous chainsaw vengeance in the next day's update, was one of the greatest narrative moments I had ever experienced.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Plom Bar posted:

This is extremely untrue. It's unwise to use SA as a microcosm for how the whole internet feels about a thing. Honestly, this place is like my sixth choice to talk about anything related to Homestuck or anything else I like, behind offline, tumblr, twitter, discord, and even facebook. But no, there are a lot of people doing a lot of things, not the least of which is a fanzine commemorating Rose and Kanaya's wedding anniversary.

A friend of mine is going to an Italian restaurant in celebration of 10/25.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the community aspect was important

which was why nuking the official forums before the final update was so loving weird

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Yeah, Homestuck ain't as big as it was in the glory days, but it's definitely still a thing with a solid following. Like, I'm the opposite of you Plom Bar, this thread is pretty much the only Homestuck thing I'm still actively involved in. However, despite this, I keep occasionally running into other people talking about Homestuck things while I'm looking at other stuff on the net. My most recent second hand Homestuck encounter was some random blogger getting extremely grossed out over Hussie apparently confirming that Rose and Dave dated in the doomed timeline that Davesprite came from (I have no idea if this is even true or where this information came from, but man was this dude not happy about it).

Bogart posted:

It that restaurant Subway?

Edit:

Clawtopsy posted:

the community aspect was important

which was why nuking the official forums before the final update was so loving weird

To be fair: from what I've heard the forums weren't nuked just as a "gently caress you" to the fan-base, apparently they got hacked and the only way to prevent people's information from being stolen was to burn it to the ground because that hacking went deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

It was still pretty sad though. I had some people I only ever talked to on that forum that I wanted to at least say goodbye to before the end of everything.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 26, 2018

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

But that’s something that still bothers me: the lack of communication. There was no “oh, poo poo happened sorry folks” as a bare minimum to the community, but just burned the forums down with no explanation or follow-up. It’s just weird to me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bogart posted:

That better be loving olive garden

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My most recent second hand Homestuck encounter was some random blogger getting extremely grossed out over Hussie apparently confirming that Rose and Dave dated in the doomed timeline that Davesprite came from (I have no idea if this is even true or where this information came from, but man was this dude not happy about it).

In the most recent book, encompassing the entirety of Act 4, Hussie's annotations on the doomed timeline where John and Jade are killed include something along the lines of "they didn't know they were siblings at this point, one wonders if anything happened between them (something definitely happened between them)"

It's up to the observer whether this is the Word of God or just that wacky jokester Andrew Hussie up to his reader trolling antics again.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Cohen saying Dave/Rose was his favorite ship was one of the funnier things he did

it was sad when he apologised and deleted it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

In the most recent book, encompassing the entirety of Act 4, Hussie's annotations on the doomed timeline where John and Jade are killed include something along the lines of "they didn't know they were siblings at this point, one wonders if anything happened between them (something definitely happened between them)"

It's up to the observer whether this is the Word of God or just that wacky jokester Andrew Hussie up to his reader trolling antics again.

Ah, I figured it was a mostly joke thing that this guy was taking too seriously, thanks for the confirmation.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It’s Maggiano’s. Sorry. I’m so sorry.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i am glad this thread is well, and talking about homestuck again,

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Android Blues posted:

To be fair, I feel like Hussie didn't explain it super well. I think his angle for the end of the comic was, "I've shown you all the pieces of the puzzle, and you should be able to put it together from remembering this conversation from here and that exposition dump from here and etc, I don't have to show you the actual final moments since I've already told you what's going to happen". Understandably, many found this less than satisfying.

If you actually work through the consequences of the pile of retcons Vriska ended the comic with unconditional immortality.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tunicate posted:

If you actually work through the consequences of the pile of retcons Vriska ended the comic with unconditional immortality.

everything as it should be, then

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Permanent Vriskatime.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Araneatime is better than Vriskatime, sorry

araneatime managed to capture the vriskatime magic without it being undone by retcon characters and by aranea facing consequences

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I can’t believe I actually finished reading this bullshit comic

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I would have liked Aranea as a concept if she was an alt-Vriska. Would have been a lot more interesting seeing them deal with genuine alternate selves instead of lazy excuse copies. Maybe explore more of the whole ‘who are you online/offline’ identity piece.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

Schrodinger's Timeline

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

To be fair I think Aranea is meant to be genetically identical to Vriska, just raised in completely different circumstances by a society that taught her to be kind and giving and etc., until everything she'd bottled up became overwhelming and she acted out in the biggest way possible. So it's a little like that, but not really like you're talking about, but sort of.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I've written multiple screes on why Aranea is a Sympathetic Character, and it starts with 'she is an empath without the ability to turn it off'.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
does aranea weigh more or less than vriska

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Vriska is the heaviest thing in homestuck

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Android Blues posted:

To be fair I think Aranea is meant to be genetically identical to Vriska, just raised in completely different circumstances by a society that taught her to be kind and giving and etc., until everything she'd bottled up became overwhelming and she acted out in the biggest way possible. So it's a little like that, but not really like you're talking about, but sort of.

I mean another Vriska, with the same life, and outcomes different enough to let her be someone that neither Vriska is comfortable with gettin to know. Maybe her lusus died early, maybe she never managed to kill Aradia, something where she could conceivably BE like Aranea without needing an entire new set of trolls and another world.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

That would simply absolving Vriska of her past crimes without actually needing her to improve

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Nina posted:

I can’t believe I actually finished reading this bullshit comic

sorry

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Plom Bar posted:

Pay no mind to the histrionics of this thread. Homestuck is good.

My opinion is that all of Homestuck up until Game Over and the retcon is very good. People often cite Act 6, but having read it without the waits that apparently occurred during that period I also enjoyed most of Act 6 a lot. It was only after Game Over that it suddenly stopped feeling "inspired" to me for reasons that are kind of hard to articulate. Like, it started feeling like a fanfiction or something.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
There's a pretty big reason it started feeling like that after Game Over tbh.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Android Blues posted:

Permanent Vriskatime.

i dont get to post this anywhere anymore

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sea Lily posted:

its not that you dont GET to post it... its that you dont CHOOSE to post.... make the posts you want to see. post this gif in every single thread on the forum if you so choose. nobody can tell u what to do, not even the mods.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sea Lily posted:

ah, hello, old friend

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Game Over was awful. Thr moment characters start dying you realize none of it is going to stick or matter, and moreover that none of the crap that we were wasting our time on before is going to matter either. And parts of the animation look really bad, to the point it feels intentionally offputting.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Yesterday during Selfiestuck, Hussie confirmed that he is, in fact, still working on the epilogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

what the heck is selfiestuck