Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

*in gayest possible british voice*

i can't believe we are going to be forced to stoop down to eating trump's filthy chickens that those americans gobble up without a care. this is awful

could be worse, americans are eating trump's filthy chinese chickens now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Astrochicken posted:

Post Trump supporters struggling to find dirt on Republicans except maybe Bush?

Id bet a moderate amount of money my man just searched ARE REPUBLICANS BAD on drudgereport

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

NPR also had a story about a bunch of NC republicans furious that FEMA isn't saving their asses a week ago and I wish I had a link to it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he searched his heart, not the internet

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Love that the standard smoothbrain Internet conspiracy theorist canard Both sides are bad and equally complicit went out the loving window these last few years (conspiracy theorists have always been reactionary but only recently have they devolved to standard republican partisans) and these morons have set themselves up to become even more brokebrained when theyll have to inevitably justify Republicans violating all their standard bugaboos. :allears:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Love that the standard smoothbrain Internet conspiracy theorist canard Both sides are bad and equally complicit went out the loving window these last few years (conspiracy theorists have always been reactionary but only recently have they devolved to standard republican partisans) and these morons have set themselves up to become even more brokebrained when theyll have to inevitably justify Republicans violating all their standard bugaboos. :allears:

It's not that conspiracy theorists have become Republicans, it's that Republicans have become conspiracy theorists. Glenn Beck promoted the whole (((SOROS))) narrative which led to the entire Republican base embracing generations of anti-semitic conspiracy theories, and branching out from there. Not that there weren't Republican conspiracy theorists before, it just wasn't their mainstream party line like it is now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Gadzuko posted:

It's not that conspiracy theorists have become Republicans, it's that Republicans have become conspiracy theorists. Glenn Beck promoted the whole (((SOROS))) narrative which led to the entire Republican base embracing generations of anti-semitic conspiracy theories, and branching out from there. Not that there weren't Republican conspiracy theorists before, it just wasn't their mainstream party line like it is now.

I did have a roommate that started as a california liberal but got sucked in the the 9/11 Truther stuff. A few months of him getting suckered into conspiracy sites he finally started reading Alex Jones' books and it just sort of spiraled from there. Now he is a south park republican.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

I did have a roommate that started as a california liberal but got sucked in the the 9/11 Truther stuff. A few months of him getting suckered into conspiracy sites he finally started reading Alex Jones' books and it just sort of spiraled from there. Now he is a south park republican.

tell him there's room on the left for him to believe Bush did 9/11 and why is he supporting the people who did 9/11 now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

because Bush absolutely, 100% did 9/11

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Epic High Five posted:

because Bush absolutely, 100% did 9/11

Oh he still believes that, but also that Bush is a lizard person and not your "typical Republican". But you see it's the Democrats that are causing ChemTrails and ruining California with their conspiracy to undermine America. I can't parse half the stuff he says now. He just went too far down the rabbit hole and ended up on the other side since the Right-Wing sights keep fueling his need for more conspiracies. I don't know if he's into Q since he doesn't like Trump either but thinks the democrats are making things up to gain power and you should totally check out this site... and here is a print out... also I've emailed you a copy in case the democrats make comcast remove the website like they are doing to the republicans on twitter... further more... and so forth...

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sever

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

A lot (and I mean a lot) of American conspiracy theories are based in white fears of race war, Jewish domination, etc basically Turner Diaries poo poo.

Back in the day liberal Northern Republicans dominated the Republican Party and with LBJ's ""betrayal"" of the white race in 1965 both parties were the problem in their eyes. Even as the conservatives took over and dogwhistled to racists in the Southern Strategy it wasn't enough for the Turner Diaries folk because Reagan, Dole, Bush, McCain, Romney, etc still nominally deplored racism and claimed that humans are equal regardless of race, creed, or religion. Even though Bush was a monstrous torturer who wrecked our alliances and ignited wars that slaughtered a million Middle Easterners, he was still the enemy in their eyes because he gave lip service to civil rights and respect for the religion of Islam while profiling and torturing and murdering swathes of Muslims in practice.

Trump is openly on their side, spouting batshit racist conspiracy theory nonsense every day (either because he is a senile Fox News bot, or a canny flimflam man who knows what to say to fleece the dumbest motherfuckers in the country, or both YMMV) so they love him and trust him, even though he's doing all the same things that previous presidents did which conspiracy theorists latched onto to rationalize their paranoia (things like being best friends with the terror-funding Saudis, appointing Goldman Sachs to the Treasury, in bed with big oil and Monsanto and big pharma, etc). It remains to be seen whether they are more loyal to their conspiracy theories and consider those acts a betrayal by Trump or whether they are more loyal to him and will rationalize that other stuff away.

I suspect that they will be loyal to him as long as he continues to be a mirror for their racist white-fear paranoia, and will rationalize away anything else he does. In fact this is already happening, Putin is "good" now because he helped Trump (even though Putin is simultaneously evil when Hillary allegedly sold him nukes in the Uranium One scandal), Kim Jong Un is also good now because Trump fell in love with him so obviously KJU joined the fight against the (((globalists))) when Trump red-pilled him in Singapore. And they're already suggesting the Saudis are good now because they buy our weapons and the guy they killed must have had it coming (even though again the Clinton Foundation conspiracy theory involved her taking bribes from the evil Saudis, 9/11 conspiracy theories involved Bush plotting with the Saudis, etc))

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Burning_Monk posted:

Oh he still believes that, but also that Bush is a lizard person and not your "typical Republican". But you see it's the Democrats that are causing ChemTrails and ruining California with their conspiracy to undermine America. I can't parse half the stuff he says now. He just went too far down the rabbit hole and ended up on the other side since the Right-Wing sights keep fueling his need for more conspiracies. I don't know if he's into Q since he doesn't like Trump either but thinks the democrats are making things up to gain power and you should totally check out this site... and here is a print out... also I've emailed you a copy in case the democrats make comcast remove the website like they are doing to the republicans on twitter... further more... and so forth...

condolences, i have a friend whose brother did the more logical progression of 9/11 truther -> ron paulite -> deep state/Qanon chud

selec
Sep 6, 2003

HobbitGrease posted:

condolences, i have a friend whose brother did the more logical progression of 9/11 truther -> ron paulite -> deep state/Qanon chud

Condolences as well. I have a best friend, a guy who was like a brother to me, that was lost to it.

He started out pretty boring leftyish. Then moved to the southwest and got really into these Mind Expansion Festivals, some poo poo like that--basically music festivals with the Woo turned up to 100. Then went on many, many shamanic drug trips (ayahuasca, primarily) and fell into the 4chan/Pizzagate hole, and that was that.

I asked him to explain how any of the things he says he wants (universal health care, free college, etc) will ever happen voting for republicans? He just finally made it clear that throwing the Clintons in jail was a higher priority from him. He also let me know shortly before the election that he thought a few of his friends down there were involved with the Deep State and might try to kill him on an upcoming camping trip. I think it's mostly inherited mental illness, but fucks sake it breaks my heart. I don't talk to the guy anymore; it's a weird thing for me. I'm normally a very, very forgiving person. But I have this weird admixture of worry and anger for/at him that I can't get over, and don't feel like I can talk to him again until I can process what it means.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/SenatorHeitkamp/status/1055557507106684929

So much winning.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

we're starting to see companies running out of back stock too so consumers are going to see prices spike very shortly on tons of stuff

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Epic High Five posted:

we're starting to see companies running out of back stock too so consumers are going to see prices spike very shortly on tons of stuff

yes things will inevitably collapse right after the Dems win some seats and Donny T. can crank up his blame game. It's truly perfect timing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

yes things will inevitably collapse right after the Dems win some seats and Donny T. can crank up his blame game. It's truly perfect timing.

I don't think a huge spike in the prices of consumer goods and lots of food is something ol' Donny is going to be able to hand wave. Stuff like economic crashes and food riots tends to get blamed on the fucker at the top pretty much no matter how hard the deflection machine is chugging away, see the 2008 crash

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

like, HE will never believe it nor will his idiot brainwashed followers, but who cares about them? I hope the Earth opens up under them and they're swallowed up forever

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I don't think a huge spike in the prices of consumer goods and lots of food is something ol' Donny is going to be able to hand wave. Stuff like economic crashes and food riots tends to get blamed on the fucker at the top pretty much no matter how hard the deflection machine is chugging away, see the 2008 crash

you might think so, but americans are really really dumb

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Theres no reaching trump people. Perhaps once there was, but Trump got them across a threshold and the quiet part will always be loud for them.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The only way they'll pay attention is if the price of dip rises and they'll blame Obama for that somehow

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

Trump is openly on their side, spouting batshit racist conspiracy theory nonsense every day (either because he is a senile Fox News bot, or a canny flimflam man who knows what to say to fleece the dumbest motherfuckers in the country, or both YMMV)

its definitely both, he was a con artist for decades before getting his brain melted by fox news

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Shear Modulus posted:

its definitely both, he was a con artist for decades before getting his brain melted by fox news

he still knows what to say, just doesnt know why hes saying it anymore

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Victory Position posted:

speaking of which, the world's most unreadable book still sits on my dresser because the Log Cabin Republican who, well, published it decided that a collection of his college essays was prime material

I will probably never get around to reading it unless some extraordinary force compels me to do so

edit: upon closer inspection, it is actually part 1 of 2 of the guy's published college essays. aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Free toilet paper!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From Trump official store

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

well at least hes acknowledging them

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The t stands for trump

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im surprised they even put the Q there honestly

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

Im surprised they even put the Q there honestly

it's thanks for helping fight the deep state

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Most of my "research" results in a lot of bush as well.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

This just in: ND soybean farmers all vote Republican forevr

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

take that, soyboys

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1055840348935729152

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:thunk:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fortunately, i can deny that anything i don't like is real

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Why would Obama do this to me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump probably polls better with gay white men than anybody here not already in the know would be comfortable with hearing

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Trump probably polls better with gay white men than anybody here not already in the know would be comfortable with hearing

Ted Cruz polls better with gay white men than anyone would be comfortable with hearing, by which I mean his support from the gay men he wants to lynch is not 0%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Epic High Five posted:

I guess as people achieve equality they shift to the right.

This means that social justice is the path to anarchocapitalism :twisted: