Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Satchel and Trunk posted:

This is how crypto crashes the world economy, it positions itself as a "safe place" for investors to hold their investments in an increasingly unstable stock market economy, a bunch of whales jump onboard, and then it just does what it does best.

But at least Bitcoin will hit $700,000 on the next bubble due to all the cash infusions...

there aren't any more 'whales' if banks and university endowments and stuff start putting a tiny slice of the pie in cryptocurrency tho. it's happening anyway: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/05/yale-investment-chief-david-swensen-jumps-into-crypto-with-bets-on-two-silicon-valley-funds.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

DerekSmartymans posted:

I like you are posting, ghosttitty. Even if your a gimmick its funny and really bust some balls.

Now if y’all ain’t gimmicky Im sad. I can still take the nose-tweaking but if your a true believer my respect goes away and pity sets in it’s stead.

Please tell me not to worry. I follow btc on as metadata. I don’t care if it goes away, but I was raised on schadenfreude and sarcasm which won’t let things like brazil.txt and beating up an anarcho gently caress up my brain. The 21.co DOS miner forever makes me laugh. The libertarian butt robbery is great. All the paragraphs after paragraphs of completely delusional IoT poo poo. Iam schizophrenic so delusions amaze me, especially because their so incredibly stupid. I mean my delusional thoughts aren’t brilliant, but they are internally consistent. This whole up gets press/down gets laughs fascinates me. Please let btc drop soon because I may hafta go to the nervous hospital soon to titrate off my current meds and get spun up on a whole new regimen.

Tl;dr: bitcoin true believers are crazier than at least one paranoid schizophrenic.

Don't worry, crypto is at or within 30% of the bottom. Hell, it's more stable than the traditional stock markets. Tether just bought back 500M USDT. The technology is improving day by day. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere but up over the long term. 20 years from now we'll look back on the 30 year bull run of Crypto and wish we could've taken off the blinders. Look past the FUD and immature market flaws, and just Buy Bitcoin.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Make sure you diversify your crypto portfolio. Something like

40% BTC

20% ETH

20% XMR

10% NEO

10% IOTA

is a good start

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You forgot dogecoin, dumbass

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

ghosTTy posted:

Don't worry, crypto is at or within 30% of the bottom. Hell, it's more stable than the traditional stock markets. Tether just bought back 500M USDT. The technology is improving day by day. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere but up over the long term. 20 years from now we'll look back on the 30 year bull run of Crypto and wish we could've taken off the blinders. Look past the FUD and immature market flaws, and just Buy Bitcoin.

Oh, for sure man.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
blockchain is the new Soros.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

literally cannot go below $6000

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
shitcoin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blotto_Otter posted:

It can’t possibly be that stupid, can it?

good thread title

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

ghosTTy posted:

Make sure you diversify your crypto portfolio. Something like

40% BTC

20% ETH

20% XMR

10% NEO

10% IOTA

is a good start

I was surprised to find this added up to 100%, I didn't expect coiners to understand math that good

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
every time i add up cryptocurrency it always comes out to 0% for some reason

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Weird, I've always said crypto is like the early days of the computer. And now the inventor of the personal computer is agreeing with me? Huh, TIL. :)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wozniak is (was?) good at computers but that doesn't mean he knows poo poo all about economics. It really works to do what exactly.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Weird new fact just out now. The Creator of the Personal Computer (the single most important and life altering invention of mankind) is agreeing with me on Cryptocurrency. And a bunch of middle aged IT managers on an imageboard are disagreeing with me :wth: :ironicat:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

Wozniak is (was?) good at computers but that doesn't mean he knows poo poo all about economics. It really works to do what exactly.

Lol he got 70k stolen already.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/steve-wozniak-had-70000-in-bitcoin-stolen-after-falling-for-a-simple-yet-perfect-scam-2018-02-28

And he’s investing in a company. Pump n dump stevo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
why did you go to the effort of screenshotting the article instead of linking to it with a quote? i wonder :thunk:
https://dailyhodl.com/2018/10/25/apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-outlines-the-path-to-mainstream-adoption-of-crypto-says-bitcoin-and-blockchain-really-works/

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
is that website seriously called the daily hodl

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
woz also carries around multiple cell phones that he absolutely doesn't need to have

so i'd take his opinion with a grain of very nerdy salt

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

is that website seriously called the daily hodl

Blotto_Otter posted:

It can’t possibly be that stupid, can it?

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Remember Woz's lovely learning remote that was set to change the world?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This site Is loving awesome

Pay your bills w btc!
https://dailyhodl.com/2018/01/29/how-to-pay-your-bills-with-bitcoin/

USA

Adoption has been slow with 1,000 – 5,000 downloads on Google Play in part due to taxation woes at Coinbase. Since the IRS seized Coinbase customer account records in 2017 in an effort to identify customers who had invested at least $20,000, any Bitcoin transaction, including payment for a phone bill, is subject to capital gains tax.

Canadians can pay bills through Bylls.

Bitwala, a global blockchain-based payment service is gearing up to re-launch after being shut down in 2015. The company’s blog details why its customers’ bank transfers were disabled. “In offering the Bitwala cards, we had come to rely on WaveCrest, a card issuer with a Visa license. Last week, WaveCrest was forced to disable all of its cards overnight due to its noncompliance with Visa’s rules. This meant that all customers with a Visa card issued by WaveCrest, which includes many other companies, also had their cards disabled.”

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

Bitwala, a global blockchain-based payment service is gearing up to re-launch after being shut down in 2015. The company’s blog details why its customers’ bank transfers were disabled. “In offering the Bitwala cards, we had come to rely on WaveCrest, a card issuer with a Visa license. Last week, WaveCrest was forced to disable all of its cards overnight due to its noncompliance with Visa’s rules. This meant that all customers with a Visa card issued by WaveCrest, which includes many other companies, also had their cards disabled.”

Note how they don't say why WaveCrest got its Visa license revoked.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Government and Big Banks colluding to stifle blockchain innovation, what's new? Capital gains tax is a f---ing joke :rant:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Scam? He invented the PC and you're just a middle-aged tech support grunt, checkmate

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ghosTTy posted:

Weird new fact just out now. The Creator of the Personal Computer (the single most important and life altering invention of mankind) is agreeing with me on Cryptocurrency. And a bunch of middle aged IT managers on an imageboard are disagreeing with me :wth: :ironicat:

tbh I'd like to see you burned financially for scamming the woz

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Yes bitwala sounds like where my money should go

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Lol using a carded CC to steal BTC is such a perfect scam

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I also get all of my technology and investment advice from someone's 70 year old grandfather.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when Woz got ripped the gently caress off by Jobs and took it with a grin.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

ghosTTy posted:

Government and Big Banks colluding to stifle blockchain innovation, what's new? Capital gains tax is a f---ing joke :rant:

Where do you source your quotes from, this is some LoB stuff here.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
That's the worst thing Woz has been associated with since he guest starred on Big Bang Theory.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its a chainspiracy :tinfoil:

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
is bitcoin going to bubble 2.0

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

AEMINAL posted:

This decentralized currency with no chargebacks is the future.

Yes I'll irrevocably sell you some for a credit card payment you can chargeback from me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ghosTTy posted:

I will never ban you. My promise.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ghosTTy posted:

Statement insufficiently "alpha," please indicate your dominant emotions more strongly

Perhaps enclose a sample of your powerful all-beef musk

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AEMINAL posted:

But it’s very complicated, and no one other than the inventor of the modern pc could see through that.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ghosTTy posted:

The 2008 crash taught me that "innovation" in the world of finance actually just means new ways to make piles of money randomly evaporate

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

StandardVC10 posted:

The 2008 crash taught me that "innovation" in the world of finance actually just means new ways to make piles of money randomly evaporate
Ah but you see they will evaporate into the pocket of a true neo-alpha male like ghost titty instead of into a (((banker)))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

ghosTTy posted:

Buy Bitcoin.

But why?