Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

GWBBQ posted:

gently caress it, cancelled my pre-order. I was trying to be optimistic about it but I just can't imagine it being that much fun for more than a few hours.

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

This thread is that modern warfare boycott pic irl

Video gamers are the biggest babies

lol if you think i'm buying this garbage

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

lol if you think i'm buying this garbage

"I've spent hundreds of hours complaining. Making my own fun Todd."

Edit: https://youtu.be/32UpD3MYxXg

A good video from someone who isn't angry about video games.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 25, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the thing that makes me laugh about these videos is people saying things really need improvement after beta, because there is literally not time for any of those changes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Azhais posted:

While I've not watched it much either, Jon would probably have nothing but nice things to say about Hellgate, he's extremely not trashtalky about games unless they're just unplayably bad.

The general best way to see that he hated a game is when the videos are only like 30 minutes instead of an hour.

I still can't get over how fuzzy the textures all look. Is that just want FO4 looks like? I used modded high res textures from the second they were available (which was pretty much day one) so I'm just not used to the bethesda stock poo poo

eh generally yeah, but occasionally he'll mock a game without giving it a fair shake

also pretty stubborn w/ his opinions. took him quite a while to admit Andromeda might have some serious issues.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

the thing that makes me laugh about these videos is people saying things really need improvement after beta, because there is literally not time for any of those changes

:same:

There's a ton of rhetoric like 'it's looka bad right now but this is just a beta so we're likely to see some improvement by release'

loving no we aren't. Release is 3 weeks away, there is straight not enough time and I don't know why all these youtubers keep repeating that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Agent355 posted:

:same:

There's a ton of rhetoric like 'it's looka bad right now but this is just a beta so we're likely to see some improvement by release'

loving no we aren't. Release is 3 weeks away, there is straight not enough time and I don't know why all these youtubers keep repeating that.

Most people assume there will be a day 1 patch.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
does bethesda ever actually fix any problems, in any games

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Most people assume there will be a day 1 patch.

Most people are hilariously blind.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

found F76's mascot

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

There're bugs in the latest Skyrim re-release that existed since the original, which have been solved in unofficial patches for years. I know some people get super crazy if you dare call developers lazy, but they're fuckin lazy as can be.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rinkles posted:

found F76's mascot

Good old classic old vault kid

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
PipBoy is actually Leisure Suit Larry. Don't know why I never noticed the similarity before today.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Generally they just wait for modders to solve all the bugs instead.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664

quote:

[Yukichigai's Unofficial Patch] is just what it sounds like: an unofficial patch for Fallout: New Vegas. YUP addresses a number of bugs, exploits, and other such issues with Fallout: New Vegas that were not fixed by the final official patch to the game. There are enough bugs left in the game that having some mod which fixes them is vital, and (in my slightly biased opinion) YUP meets that need admirably.

So what does it fix?

A lot of bugs in the main game as well as all DLCs (Courier's Stash, Dead Money, Gun Runners' Arsenal, Honest Hearts, Lonesome Road, and Old World Blues).

What bugs? Well it's a really, really long list, several pages in fact and too much to put in the main description. You can check the full list of fixes by checking the ReadMe section for this mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4598/

quote:

A comprehensive bugfixing mod for Fallout 4. The goal of the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch (aka UFO4P) is to eventually fix every bug with Fallout 4 not officially resolved by the developers to the limits of the Creation Kit and community-developed tools, in one easy-to-install package.

Features:
- Hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs fixed.
- Created by the authors of the Unofficial Oblivion and Skyrim Patch series.
- No unsafe changes (such as deletions of stock objects).
- Designed to be compatible with as many other mods as possible.
This link below is the list of all the fixes the Fallout 4 mod makes; look at how loving long the page is:
https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Fallout%204%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 26, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yardbomb posted:

There're bugs in the latest Skyrim re-release that existed since the original, which have been solved in unofficial patches for years. I know some people get super crazy if you dare call developers lazy, but they're fuckin lazy as can be.

Bethesda tends to only fix progression breaking bugs, so this will be interesting to watch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

One of the Bethesda sub studios is in charge of continuing the life of the game. They seem to want fallout 76 to have longevity like rainbow six siege, fortnite, overwatch, or League. If the playerbase is there and it is making money there is a good chance we will see bug fixes and content being produced.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

One of the Bethesda sub studios is in charge of continuing the life of the game. They seem to want fallout 76 to have longevity like rainbow six siege, fortnite, overwatch, or League. If the playerbase is there and it is making money there is a good chance we will see bug fixes and content being produced.

Bethesda Austin, formerly Battlecry Studios, who also developed the game. They also made the mp mode for Doom 2016, as well as a cancelled mp game

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Doom MP was, somehow, boring as gently caress despite SP being amazing. I'm maybe seeing a pattern here with this studio

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Yeah I'm still not sure how they made doom a boring mp game

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I actually really enjoyed the DOOM multiplayer because I was terrible at quake and stuff but it was a tad slower and the demon gimmick was fun. I guess it was objectively bad because everyone stopped playing pretty quick

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Donovan Trip posted:

Yeah I'm still not sure how they made doom a boring mp game

Doom multiplayer was developed by Certain Affinity, a third party studio.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Someone in the past 20-50 pages mentioned a modder fixed the FO4 workbench lag. Can I get a link to that?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Some of them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah that's a good point. They do usually rely on their community to fix all the broken poo poo but this is a game where mods aren't supported and lets be honest probably won't be because cheating and free micro transactions would run wild. They opened the beta with no intention of having a window long enough to fix any of it and it's gonna get shoved out to live servers as-is.

This will be interesting to watch, at least.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

GWBBQ posted:

Someone in the past 20-50 pages mentioned a modder fixed the FO4 workbench lag. Can I get a link to that?

I believe that is this one.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grab workshop plus while you're at it

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, this was what I was talking about :

quote:

It boils down to the game using some incredibly inefficient code to figure out what objects you can build in workshop mode. Whenever you start Workshop mode, the game evaluates the conditions on every single constructible object in the game to find out if they belong in the workshop - this includes even non-workshop items like weapon mods and chems. And it does that not just once (!), but repeats this loop for each and every workshop submenu you have!

If you install a mod that adds two new submenus to your workshop, one would reasonably expect to incur just a small overhead of a couple of additional checks. Instead, in reality, this causes two more loops through every single craftable object in the game.

As you install more mods that add any kind of craftable object to the game, entering the workshop will inevitably and perhaps noticeably slow down, even if these objects have nothing to do with the workshop.

And to make it all worse, every time you exit the workshop, the game tears down all this data it worked so hard to build and starts over!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

It feels like such a hollow game. This is Bethesda's attempt at the Minecraft thing and it's sub par at best. This is a shell of a game being completely held up with user-imposed expectations. It really is No Man's Sky all over again.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Azhais posted:

Grab workshop plus while you're at it
Thanks to both of you :)

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Lunatic Sledge posted:

How many of those bugs listed like 30 pages back from the closed stress test get fixed? Is there a thread tracking the bug reports from the beta?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

found F76's mascot

Hang on are they also changing the pip boy look now?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tenzarin posted:

And not even using the gigalo model smh

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah, this was what I was talking about :

Remember now that Fallout 76 will have no ability by the players to fix poo poo like this.

This isn’t even “Bethesda will fix bugs over time!” This is their code writing being sloppy and lovely from the ground up.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

SwitchbladeKult posted:

How many of those bugs listed like 30 pages back from the closed stress test get fixed? Is there a thread tracking the bug reports from the beta?

I've, at the very least, not heard from any Xbone beta players running into the Total Game gently caress bugs

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Nah it was in a graphic used to represent a different online player. The fact that it looked like an imitation of real thing yet somehow horribly wrong, I thought made for an appropriate symbol of the game.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Oh my god. Since there is no mods you can't install item sortiing mods and you are using the same inventory system! This looks terrible what can I do in fallout 76 that I cant just do in fallout 4?

Imagine fallout 4, but with any redeeming qualities meticulously removed

like no matter how down you are on 4's huge flaws you can at least wring SOME fun out of that game, some developer saw that and was like "oh gently caress that"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I've, at the very least, not heard from any Xbone beta players running into the Total Game gently caress bugs

And the FPS has been improved. Again I think this game will have upkeep because they want sweet, sweet cosmetics money.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

And the FPS has been improved. Again I think this game will have upkeep because they want sweet, sweet cosmetics money.

why don't they just make Falloutnite since that seems to be what they want

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yinlock posted:

why don't they just make Falloutnite since that seems to be what they want

Who knows. :shrug: That might get added later. There is the hunter and hunted "mode" and PVP events quests or seems.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Who's up for some more negative impressions? :stoked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtBwZOC95Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I forgot how fun it was to build a massive, overly complex 3 story factory in 4 with the wasteland workshop manufacturing stuff.