Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I think Corvus Belli makes models to jerk off to.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Clawtopsy posted:

"explicitly made for"

i dont think this means what u think it means

Yeah, they totally slipped and made all their women tugfodder unintentionally.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Lost Sons Chaos Terminators

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

it’s cool

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Two Beans posted:

Lost Sons Chaos Terminators

Your boys are cute

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ilor posted:

:stare: Whoa. Look at the distribution of adipose tissue above the waist - the "love handles" if you will. That is...not female. That is very clearly a man's torso that has had boobies...stuck? Welded? Fused onto it? Whatever, it reads as neither clearly male nor clearly female. I was not previously aware that the Daughters of Khaine were supposed to be drag queens.

Objectification arguments aside, that art is just...not good. :yikes:

Quoting this incredibly good post that definitely wasn’t written by a serial killer for the new page.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quoting this incredibly good post that definitely wasn’t written by a serial killer for the new page.

He's a man of science

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

vkeios posted:

Your boys are cute

Would kiss those boys on the lips

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Hustlin Floh posted:

He's a man of science
It is true! :eng101:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Ilor posted:

It is true! :eng101:

So are you more of an opportunist or do they really have to have the whole “exactly shoulder length blonde hair parted down the middle, no bangs” thing going on.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Bangs are a crime against hairmanity regardless of gender. :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ilor posted:

Please don't bring Noel Fielding into this.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Ilor posted:

This is a good opinion.

No anime, no tiddy models, no bangs.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ilor posted:

:stare: Whoa. Look at the distribution of adipose tissue above the waist - the "love handles" if you will. That is...not female. That is very clearly a man's torso that has had boobies...stuck? Welded? Fused onto it? Whatever, it reads as neither clearly male nor clearly female. I was not previously aware that the Daughters of Khaine were supposed to be drag queens.

No joke: I think that was just good nature ribbing of some mediocre art, but all of that is transphobic as gently caress.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
It really stinks when you like a game or a company, but they also do/have done gross stuff.

I'm a big fan of Malifaux, but for many people it's "that zombie hooker game" and what the hell am I supposed to tell them? Jack the (Necromancer) Ripper is still going to be a master (crew leader) in the upcoming 3rd edition, and as far as anyone knows the zombie sex workers are still a part of the Ressurectionist faction.

I also really like Guild Ball, but this adorable model of a child dressed as an infamous pirate king

doesn't change the fact that the pirate king was a de-facto rapist in his original fluff.

So when I look at a game like Infinity, part of me really sympathizes with the fans who just want to play the game and use their cool models; it sucks when something you like has a gross anchor around its neck.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

mango sentinel posted:

No joke: I think that was just good nature ribbing of some mediocre art, but all of that is transphobic as gently caress.
Joke's on you: my kid is trans. Noticing phenotypical differences is the first step towards helping someone identify and deal with the nearly inevitable body dysmorphia she will encounter as puberty approaches.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Lost Sons Chaos Space Marines

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

LeSquide posted:

It really stinks when you like a game or a company, but they also do/have done gross stuff.

I'm a big fan of Malifaux, but for many people it's "that zombie hooker game" and what the hell am I supposed to tell them? Jack the (Necromancer) Ripper is still going to be a master (crew leader) in the upcoming 3rd edition, and as far as anyone knows the zombie sex workers are still a part of the Ressurectionist faction.

I also really like Guild Ball, but this adorable model of a child dressed as an infamous pirate king

doesn't change the fact that the pirate king was a de-facto rapist in his original fluff.

So when I look at a game like Infinity, part of me really sympathizes with the fans who just want to play the game and use their cool models; it sucks when something you like has a gross anchor around its neck.

Yeah, problematic poo poo in things you like or want to like is incredibly frustrating, and really this hobby is one of the last corners of the world where the extra gross stuff still rolls around in the open.

At least the big corporate money in the sector is pretty uniformly against all the grossness and all about opening up the audience, so as the weirdos age out of the hobby the future will replace them with a more diverse crowd.

In the meantime though, that might just end up
making our niche more reactionary, which is a pleasant thought.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ilor posted:

Joke's on you: my kid is trans. Noticing phenotypical differences is the first step towards helping someone identify and deal with the nearly inevitable body dysmorphia she will encounter as puberty approaches.

That doesn't mean it's okay to try and clock people then call them drag queens :ssh:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

mango sentinel posted:

That doesn't mean it's okay to try and clock people then call them drag queens :ssh:
Uh...I was talking about a depiction of fantasy art, you get that, right? That picture literally looks like a (male) artist stripped naked, assumed the pose in a mirror, snapped a selfie, then painted a portrait of himself-only-with-a-loincloth-and-boobs. Or I dunno, maybe there's an Instagram filter for that now. In the event the artist is a trans woman, then yah, my bad and I'm sorry I body-outed someone. But I'm pretty sure that even if that's the case, that's probably not what GW had in mind for their super-sexy-killer-space-aelf-women given their previous aesthetic for the army. It just struck me as really incongruous. :shrug:

But hey, if that's the art direction they want to take going forward, I guess I'm all for it. Maybe it means that my trans daughter will find representation of herself in the game and feel more included. That's ultimately what we're shooting for with all this poo poo-posting, isn't it?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Yeah, problematic poo poo in things you like or want to like is incredibly frustrating, and really this hobby is one of the last corners of the world where the extra gross stuff still rolls around in the open.

At least the big corporate money in the sector is pretty uniformly against all the grossness and all about opening up the audience, so as the weirdos age out of the hobby the future will replace them with a more diverse crowd.

In the meantime though, that might just end up
making our niche more reactionary, which is a pleasant thought.

I take heart that at least some communities seem pretty decent. In one of the big Guild Ball groups I'm in, a new member went "hey, who else here ID as LGBT and what do you play?" and the thread was (last I checked) just sweet and nice. :unsmith:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I feel like the wargaming community in general seems to be a lot more inclusive towards LGBT folks than the average. I know I certainly have noticed a much larger percentage of self-identified LGBT folks in the community than any other that I’m a part of.

Of course, I’m a white, straight, cis-gendered male, so I know I’m experiencing it all from a particularly limited vantage point.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Good loving God these look horrid.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Titties aside, they are as visually boring as the Fyreslayers, a complete dud for me. Morathi is pretty cool though.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Mugaaz posted:

Titties aside, they are as visually boring as the Fyreslayers, a complete dud for me. Morathi is pretty cool though.

Of course they aren't interesting to you, they're not designed for you to jerk off over them.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Medusa elves are rad, but the regular scantily clad sex elves from the same army are boring and terrible.

They should have leant harder into the snake iconography rather than this lazy, male-gaze bullshit.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endman posted:

Medusa elves are rad, but the regular scantily clad sex elves from the same army are boring and terrible.

They should have leant harder into the snake iconography rather than this lazy, male-gaze bullshit.

Not that it's much better, but those are holdovers from the old WHFB Dark Elf range. The new stuff was all snakes or harpies.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The dark elves poo poo from GW is just as bad as the sister repentia which is the same as the jerk off models for infinity. The poses are definitely different, but the scantily clad poo poo is just as bad.

Playing or collecting those makes you a weirdo. Not as much as someone that buys anime statues, but a weirdo nonetheless.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

panascope posted:

Good loving God these look horrid.

It's the combo of having really OTT poses and having like, 5 of them in a 10 model unit. My favourite is the first picture, where two identical monopose minis are stood next to each other. If they were like half as "dynamic" they'd look a lot better.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Why are people ok with the new Slaanesh demon?

Ok, I'll fully admit that this is definitely not a cheesecake model. That out of the way, on some level it is even *more* bizarre and weird. What is the point of this poo poo? This model would fit right in with KDM. Sure, there are lore reasons and story behind models like this, but in order to reap this small narrative benefit they have to pay the enormous cost of alienating all normal people. Doesn't seem worth it to me from any lore, gameplay, or business perspective. I thought maybe Slaanesh would come back as something other than bobs and vagene, but nope. Brand new plastic, same old cringe. I would find this just as disturbing to play against as infinity cheesecake models.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

LeSquide posted:

Yeah, a few models really drag it down, which is a shame and its gotten better about that stuff.

At least Nekima got a better model.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mugaaz posted:

Ok, I'll fully admit that this is definitely not a cheesecake model. That out of the way, on some level it is even *more* bizarre and weird. What is the point of this poo poo? This model would fit right in with KDM. Sure, there are lore reasons and story behind models like this, but in order to reap this small narrative benefit they have to pay the enormous cost of alienating all normal people. Doesn't seem worth it to me from any lore, gameplay, or business perspective. I thought maybe Slaanesh would come back as something other than bobs and vagene, but nope. Brand new plastic, same old cringe. I would find this just as disturbing to play against as infinity cheesecake models.

you're trying really, really hard but also you're really, really stupid, so

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ilor posted:

this is the worst post i’ve ever decided to read

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Mugaaz posted:

the sprue comes with a big meaty dick you can swap for the loincloth if it helps

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mugaaz posted:

Just file the nipples off you prude

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The age old question, do space marines gently caress?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

The age old question, do space marines gently caress?

Only proper females

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i really feel if you want to troll with slaanesh you should really go with the last generation of metal daemonettes, not the current fiends

e: which were on sale in 2016 lol

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I know your type are into singling out isolated groups, but bitch, this is the whole community calling you idiots.

Yes the whole community. All 100k SA goons but a couple of us who might not happily slurp up all of Empie's cummies in a harmless thread you knobheads can't handle because maybe we see issues with any Knight Titans on the game table or when GW's rules and prices get really bad.

Or dare to maybe talk the pros and cons of other minis games we may have played. Or just shitpost for fun about skeletons and opossums and weird Space Gully Dwarves. Yall got like 3-5 other TG GW related threads. Quit being a consumer company defender.

poo poo like Kill Team 8th brought lots of us back. You dipshits trying to excuse every single flaw in GW to a degree Sean Hannity would not even do for the Orange Baby wasn't. poo poo, we were proven right as more overall fair prices, game styles, levels of accessibility, and more active community engagement has brought GW back in a big loving way even if they should have done this 10 years ago.