Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4HYl7O5ptQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Wazzit posted:

The MP campaign was great because there was zero skill based matchmaking. :getin:

That’s not true though: https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/inside-development-matchmaking

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

All I remember was how many times I watched these PERFECTLY EDITED TRAILERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a_vCtKZ6w8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvoaAAhGno

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

The multiplayer Campaign in Titanfall 1 had no skill based matchmaking. If you queued up for the campaign you would start from the first level and be matched up with anyone queuing up for the MP campaign. Regular multiplayer had SBMM, for both TF1 and TF2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

All I remember was how many times I watched these PERFECTLY EDITED TRAILERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a_vCtKZ6w8

Is that thumbnail even from Titanfall?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Wazzit posted:

The multiplayer Campaign in Titanfall 1 had no skill based matchmaking. If you queued up for the campaign you would start from the first level and be matched up with anyone queuing up for the MP campaign. Regular multiplayer had SBMM, for both TF1 and TF2.

Oh I didn’t play TF1 so I didn’t know there was a multiplayer campaign. My apologies.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

veni veni veni posted:

There's a cottage industry of channels that just reupload trailers and poo poo to make money off of and there's an arms race to come up with the most clickable thumbnails while still seeming to be the "Official" video. Also poo poo like adding 30 seconds at the end of nothing so people instinctively think it's an extended trailer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Lol no, but that vid is 60fps and has all 3 trailers so I used it anyway

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It’s funny how TF1 had the online campaign and got a lot of heat for that

Now companies are tripping over themselves to not have to produce a single player campaign, yet TF2 has the best SP for a FPS of the decade prob

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I demand both in TF3, in addition to regular multi.

RESPAWN :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

are the original dudes gonna work on TF3? Was that part of the deal?

or are they just popping smoke and cashing out

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Afaik no one knows for sure if there will actually be a Titanfall 3 so speculating on who's working on it seems kind of pointless. If it actually ends up being a thing and it's not Respawn for some godforsaken reason I don't give a gently caress about it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

But EA is Committed to the Titanfall Franchise!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

So whatever the gently caress that means.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

It means Titanfall 3 will be utterly butchered under the games as a service model and then shot in the back of the head.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

It means Titanfall 3 will be utterly butchered under the games as a service model and then shot in the back of the head.

You missed the easy joke

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

You missed the easy joke

I've been drinking, cut me some slack

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

I've been drinking, cut me some slack

;)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Titanfall is dead because Titanfall Assault didn't do well.

(I actually don't know how well it did, but it'll probably actually contribute to TF3 existing)

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Lmao isn't this a quote from on of the devs? That was a great interview.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Lmao isn't this a quote from on of the devs? That was a great interview.

It was from the studio head Vince Zampella himself. The interview was from Glixel (which no longer exists and all links to that article go to Variety.com) who interviewed Zampella while a EA Publicist stood watch and chimed in when asked by Zampella.

quote:

GLIXEL: Will you make another Titanfall game?

ZAMPELLA: We don't know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We're really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it's too early to tell. We'd definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll explore more of it. EA might have announced more. Devin?

EA PUBLICIST DEVIN BENNETT: What we've said is we're committed to the franchise.

ZAMPELLA: So, whatever the gently caress that means.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Titanfall 3 is rushed out in under a year, critically panned. EA disbands Respawn Entertainment then gives the franchise over to some f2p subsidiary to squeeze money out of forever.

Happy Halloween!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ularg posted:

Titanfall 3 is rushed out in under a year, critically panned. EA disbands Respawn Entertainment then gives the franchise over to some f2p subsidiary to squeeze money out of forever.

Happy Halloween!

I hate you

But it’s the harsh truth 😭

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Ularg posted:

Happy Halloween!

#Breaking: HiRez Studios Announces New F2P TITANFALL Game

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Yesterday's time spent in Titan post got me wondering about my latest pie charts and stats.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You really like Ion I see :stare:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Ion is good, Ion is great.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ularg posted:

Ion is good, Ion is great.

blessed be

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wazzit posted:

Yesterday's time spent in Titan post got me wondering about my latest pie charts and stats.

Oh hey, you play a lot of Skirmish :coolfish:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I don't like battle Royale. But the idea of a Titanfall battle Royale with pilots just loving blitzing a over and Titans on a huge map is kinda aight

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ZeusCannon posted:

I don't like battle Royale. But the idea of a Titanfall battle Royale with pilots just loving blitzing a over and Titans on a huge map is kinda aight

The topic of a Battle Royale mode came up on the Titanfall subreddit a few days ago and it was actually pretty productive. The idea I had, which people seemed to like, was the in addition to the hundredish pilots, you'd also have the usual array of grunts, Spectres, Reapers, etc. Pilots would initially drop in from orbit with their Titans (like in LTS) and instead of a "killer storm" forming a hard limit for the play space, there would be a soft limit in the form of a consistently shrinking area in which a dropship would land. Said dropship would have limited slots, and you could win by either killing everyone else OR being the guy(s) who manage to evac in the dropship.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's a pretty good idea but a game like Titanfall with a TTK being so low would be massively annoying when you die seconds within the match and have to keep finding new ones.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

s.i.r.e. posted:

That's a pretty good idea but a game like Titanfall with a TTK being so low would be massively annoying when you die seconds within the match and have to keep finding new ones.

It works fine for Black Ops 4. I’m in and out of games so fast with that, it’s really smooth. And that game’s TTK is so short.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD-LRWfsf9Q

🤔

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Wazzit posted:

It was from the studio head Vince Zampella himself. The interview was from Glixel (which no longer exists and all links to that article go to Variety.com) who interviewed Zampella while a EA Publicist stood watch and chimed in when asked by Zampella.

i wish i could see the look on the publicists face when this happened lmao

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I actually love Battle Royale, but Titfanfall BR would be dumb as hell. Like, almost nothing about what makes Titanfall good gels with the concept at all. What a bad idea jfc.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Transformer mech fusion where each player ends up controlling a limb but only the head dude can see

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Remember also that EA has a stipulation that means Titanfall 3 will most likely be done in the Frostbite Engine so who knows what that will mean.

Can't wait to punch through some walls with my titan.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah I'm sure there'll be no issues making Titanfall with the Frostbite engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

Remember also that EA has a stipulation that means Titanfall 3 will most likely be done in the Frostbite Engine so who knows what that will mean.

Can't wait to punch through some walls with my titan.

Gross.

Source forever!