Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Which is actually really really small, the historical HRE during the 30 Years War had 46 times the population of the Empire, but fantasy writers are not the best with scale.

Considering the Warhammer world is supposed to be about 2.5x the scale of our world (The Empire is about the size of all continental europe) yeah most old population numbers are pretty bogus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Am I the only one who couldn’t care less about Amazons?

nah same

Something I'd really like is for them to go back over all the existing factions and just pop in one or two new unique units for every roster. Like Kislev Bear Cav, Jezzails, rattling guns, snake dropping bastilodons, poo poo like that

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

:gary:aaaaaaactually that's plasteel/ceramite composite armor, it doesn't have to be as thick.

OK well their effective weapon ranges are laughably garbage compared to 80-year old tanks, too

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

id like amazons, i imagine them being sorta like close range woodelves with dinosaur units and laser pistols

plus it would really upset some nerdos

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I don't really care if they're in or not. CA would have to spice them up a bit before entering the game to make them interesting. The Albion race was meant to have a direct link with the Vortex lore but I'm not fussed if they're in either. More variants are always welcome if they can make them unique.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

plus it would really upset some nerdos

This is the only reason I care about them, to be honest. My absolute dream DLC/fix would be randomly interspersing women models with the men in applicable units, including the chance for the portrait and voice to be female.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Sodomy Hussein posted:

OK well their effective weapon ranges are laughably garbage compared to 80-year old tanks, too

dark age of technology!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Sodomy Hussein posted:

40K isn't grimdark, Abaddon hasn't conquered the Imperium in 10,000 years of trying!

Hard to conquer anything if you don't have any arms.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i would like playable red duke but as a paid dlc so they have to make all fancy new zombie brets

i want to see a grail reliquae, but the peasants carrying it are zombies, and the knight has been reanimated

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Cythereal posted:

This is the only reason I care about them, to be honest. My absolute dream DLC/fix would be randomly interspersing women models with the men in applicable units, including the chance for the portrait and voice to be female.

I think the dwarf roster is the most in-need of these changes.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Holy gently caress warhammer 2 is a lot harder than Warhammer 1. Getting my rear end clowned as tomb kings.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
That's pretty normal. The thing with Tomb Kings especially early on is basically all of your units are either dogshit tarpits, dudes who vomit out arrows, or Chariots. The cavalry buildings take huge amounts of $$$ that you likely won't have and it's gold that can be better spent on Ushabti statues early on. Once you get your first 1-3 Ushabti, you should be alright. Don't sleep on the Ritual for a Casket of Souls either. It's an insanely powerful unit for 5k imo.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kislev as fourth headliner faction for Warhammer 3.

Kislev.

e: Somehow took me until the quote to see that I wrote 2 instead of 3 and forgot a "for"

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 26, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Randarkman posted:

Kislev as fourth headliner faction Warhammer 2.

Kislev.

Kislev.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i would like playable red duke but as a paid dlc so they have to make all fancy new zombie brets

i want to see a grail reliquae, but the peasants carrying it are zombies, and the knight has been reanimated

Oh man that sounds hilarious. Have the background chatter be stuff like, "what? Where are we going? Who are you? Put me down!"

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A Perfect Twist posted:

I think the dwarf roster is the most in-need of these changes.

One bearded face and gruff voice is kinda hard to separate from another, at least for Dwarfs.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i dont really understand the passion for kislev, their units dont seem that unique compared to empire

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

i dont really understand the passion for kislev, their units dont seem that unique compared to empire

Then you understand nothing.

That aside, I'd say they are quite different, their focus being more on cavalry (especially shock and missile cavalry) and hybrid ranged units, compared to the empire. Also they have ice magic and bears. In the published material they don't really have bear cavalry, though some of their characters can ride bears and the previous Tzar rode a bear. The fan codex includes straight up bear cavalry, and I wouldn't be surprised if CA also includes a unit of monstrous cav riding bears, though I prefer the interpretation where only like priests of Ursun and high level Boyars, and Tzar Boris ride bears (and also bears as monster packs and a single monster unit of a really big bear, that in addition to being pretty decent in close combat also boosts the morale and fighting ability of nearby Kislevites).

Anyway's here's a big rear end effort post I made on Kislev a while ago.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
One of the big reasons to have a proper Kislev roster is so that you don't spend 100 turns fighting the knock-off Empire as Norsca or Chaos and then have to spend another 100 fighting the actual Empire.

Salted_Pork
Jun 19, 2011
Kislev will probably poo poo all over Chaos and Norsca because they're all horse archers and cavalry, and those factions can keep up.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I was pretty disappointed at first about Norsca being announced, but then their campaign turned out to be one of the most fun ones CA's ever done and their roster is pretty unique too despite being Chaos B-Sides.

I felt the same way about Vampire Coast when they were announced, specially since they had like a quarter of an army list in comparison to Army Book factions, but they're looking pretty great from the previews and their campaign seems to have a lot going for it.

Same could be said for Bretonnia, who had the most sparse list amongst the Army Factions, but CA managed to round-out their options beyond what was in the book and gave their campaign an unique hook with the Chivalry mechanics and boss rush instead of constant expansion.

So, anyways, I think Kislev would be fine, CA has shown two times (and in two weeks might show it a third time) that they have what it takes to fill up a sparse faction and make it interesting.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Reading through my old Kislev post again, I think for a whole cloth new LL for Kislev a good basis might be the gunpowder-crazed Boyar in Erengrad who created the Streltsy. Would make sense for an Erengrad start (then you have that Nyvena guy in Praag, Katarin in Kislev and Boris somewhere), to make him a little unique me could maybe have access to a couple of Empire artillery units and maybe the master engineer hero when and if those make it into the game. Also perhaps have increased relations with Empire factions and decreased with Kislevites to represent him being very much into the Empire, a kind of Peter the Great expy maybe, seeing as Erengrad is essentially the St. Petersburg stand-in.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I don't think CA will do all 4 LL's clustered in a single corner of the map, I expect one Kislevite lord to have led an expedition through not-Siberia and ended up between Khateb and Malekith.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

I don't think CA will do all 4 LL's clustered in a single corner of the map, I expect one Kislevite lord to have led an expedition through not-Siberia and ended up between Khateb and Malekith.
Even moving one of them to the western-most point of Norsca (as an expedition that got stranded) would vary their start some.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

At some point Neferrata and Nagash also have to come into the game, right? I wonder how that’ll happen. Making them a part of a 4-LL faction seems maybe a bit weird. Who else would be included?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Has it been confirmed that Kislev will be the 4th starting faction in game 3, or is this just people speculating?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I hope they never add Neferata. She's every "Feminism is secretly evil!" and bisexual seductress trope imaginable in one scantily clad package, and I think she'd be best off forgotten by CA.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Cythereal posted:

I hope they never add Neferata. She's every "Feminism is secretly evil!" and bisexual seductress trope imaginable in one scantily clad package, and I think she'd be best off forgotten by CA.

But if they never add Neferata, how is Khalida supposed to kill her?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I dont know posted:

Has it been confirmed that Kislev will be the 4th starting faction in game 3, or is this just people speculating?

Nothing about game three has been confirmed, the only solid thing we can go on is CA's pledge to at least do every faction that had an official armybook printed at some point. What super special other factions they /may/ do is thread speculation.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Cythereal posted:

I hope they never add Neferata. She's every "Feminism is secretly evil!"

What? That seems like a waaaay out there take on what's just kind of a weak Cleopatra expy.

Heck they don't need to do anything weird or groady- look how they put in Fimir, and not a peep wrt the bad writing they used to have-, just have her be The Very First Vampire and have some beef with Neferata that pays off in some way depending on which of them you're playing as.

If CA can pull off entire new factions and also re-use creatures in an updated fashion a-la the Fimir, I'm pretty sure they can pull off Neferata and not have her be in any way objectionable. Well, to anyone who isn't a grognard at least, since those guys will complain about anything.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

I dont know posted:

But if they never add Neferata, how is Khalida supposed to kill her?

Khalida is very cool. But her start kicked my rear end. Not as bad as khatep, but almost. I want to play the b-team tomb kings so bad thread help :hb:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

Khalida is very cool. But her start kicked my rear end. Not as bad as khatep, but almost. I want to play the b-team tomb kings so bad thread help :hb:

Mortal Empires or Vortex?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

KazigluBey posted:

What? That seems like a waaaay out there take on what's just kind of a weak Cleopatra expy.

Neferata's thing is that she's the head of a secret conspiracy of vampires trying to take over the Empire via feminism.

If there's a Cleopatra expy in Warhammer, it's Khalida.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Uhh what lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Neferata's thing is that she's the head of a secret conspiracy of vampires trying to take over the Empire via feminism.

If there's a Cleopatra expy in Warhammer, it's Khalida.

You’re going to have to explain why you think her main strength is ‘feminism’ other than the fact that her vampires are women

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

uber_stoat posted:

dark age of technology!

Isn’t that actually what it is? Since there’s a lot of overlap between Warhammer and historical war gamers someone very quickly pointed that the stats given for the tanks were silly compared to real world examples. The official response was that blueprints for military vehicles were lost millennia ago and what they have now are civilian and farming vehicles retrofitted to carry weaponry.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I'm going by the RPG books, since I'm not too familiar with the tabletop game itself. The Lahmians there are portrayed as a sinister conspiracy who have been infiltrating the Empire by being the woman behind the man, and are the most significant advocates of women's rights in the Empire because women having more rights means Lahmians having more rights, and they've suborned numerous ladies-in-waiting, female scholars, etc.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You’re going to have to explain why you think her main strength is ‘feminism’ other than the fact that her vampires are women

The Lahmians are sexy vampires who use their powers of sexy influence to very sexily influence and control the male-dominated societies of the Empire-- arguably they're not even doing anything bad since men get their positions through violence so whatever. I'm pretty sure that the anti-feminism thing is one of those internet things people say when their best friend gets a girlfriend and won't play video games or whatever with them until 4AM anymore.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Lol people on reddit are baaaaaaaad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I'm going by the RPG books, since I'm not too familiar with the tabletop game itself. The Lahmians there are portrayed as a sinister conspiracy who have been infiltrating the Empire by being the woman behind the man, and are the most significant advocates of women's rights in the Empire because women having more rights means Lahmians having more rights, and they've suborned numerous ladies-in-waiting, female scholars, etc.

Oh, ok that’s fair enough, yeah the RPG books have some total garbage in them

Her more updated version is basically a bored spymaster who rules her tiny kingdom on top of a mountain and occasionally tricks groups of witch hunters/crusaders into attacking her fortress for no other reason than having something to do on a slow Tuesday night