Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

ArbitraryC posted:

Can't speak for everyone but my first response is "what was the response" and I google it while being mildly annoyed it wasn't included.

Didn't really mean to call you out directly I've just noticed it's a thing and can't really wrap my head around why people do it.

I second this. I always want to see the sound advice - especially because sometimes people ITT disagree over even that. (Not often, but I’m sure it’s happened.)

Also I’m really glad magnolia lady won/those rear end in a top hat tenants got what was coming to them. It makes me curious though. Was her great-grandfather chill and good and would be disgusted to learn these people are racist fucks or would he have silently approved? I want to live in a world where it’s the former and I’m going to assume it is if only because he didn’t have any problem leaving her the property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (17m) waitress girlfriend (18f) is making me uncomfortable. Am I being reasonable?

My girlfriend is a waitress. She wears a push-up bra and acts mildly flirty with customers to make extra money in tips for us. She said she didn’t really care if customers grabbed her rear end at work. She’d never cheat, she’s loving and understanding. She just doesn’t seem to care or understand that I care about this. It upsets me that she’s okay with this happening. Is it reasonable to be jealous? To ask her to stop? Or am I being insane?

TL;DR: girlfriend is flirty with customers for tips and it’s making me jealous. Is that unreasonable?

Look Tommy, let Gina do her thing until the strike ends.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boyfriend said he knocked over my makeup bag, but I think he may have intentionally smashed it [both 24]

This afternoon I went to my boyfriend's house after work and looked in my makeup bag that I left there from the night before and found most of my pressed powders shattered. The lid was off a bunch of my lipsticks and they got squished. My foundation was open and spilled. I asked my boyfriend what happened and he was surprised and said he knocked the bag off the counter and didn't realize that anything had broken and he just put it back on the counter.

I'm a little suspicious. For one thing I've knocked over my bag a ton of times and never had this level of damage. Maybe one or two shattered powders or an open bottle but literally everything? Also my boyfriend always tells me he thinks I shouldn't wear makeup. He says I look fine without it but I tell him I like it and it's not up for debate. I never thought he'd intentionally break anything though.

Is this probably an honest accident, or should I be more concerned? Should I confront him? Leave him? Forget it?

tl;dr Most of my makeup got ruined and I don't know if my boyfriend broke it on purpose or not.

she asked him to replace it and he said it's too expensive, just forget about it

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Am I [27F] wrong in wanting my bf [36] to tell his ex about me?

I'm apologizing in advance for rambling on and any bad grammar, I've been quite emotional and I just need to vent and want to hear honest responses.

​My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year now. Our relationship is good, there's the normal bickering that couples do but nothing extreme.

He split up with his ex over 2 years ago but he kept living with her because they had a bought house only a few years before they split. We met 1,5 year ago and a month or two later started dating. He still lived with his ex at the time, he lived in the garage though, not the main house.

This sounds like the other side of a /r/personalfinance post where a woman bought a house with her BF, broke up, and live together in the house still. I think the guy was already seeing other people. This could be her.

2spooky.

e: IT WAS A BWM poster, not a reddit post!

incoherent fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 26, 2018

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My girlfriend sometimes steals - Should i be concerned?

My girlfriend of nearly 3 years sometimes steals small objects from shops.

From time to time (3 to 4 months between) she will steal from shops. Usually it's small objects. For example the other day she walked into a shop, browsed for 5 minutes, and then walked out with a leather bookmark for a book.

It is something she would never use again. When I asked her why, she said that it looked nice, it was leather and she wanted it.

Tl;dr From time to time (3 months ish) my girlfriend of 3 years steals small objects from shops, such as leather bookmarks.

Should I be concerned?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

p.s. her name is selina kyle and she's really into leather... and cats

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend said he knocked over my makeup bag, but I think he may have intentionally smashed it [both 24]

I see a LOT of girls with loving awful makeup on (contouring generally only looks good in photos ) so she could have been rocking something like this girl in which case yes smash that makeup.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it okay if I'm like this, full head swivel and all but for cute dogs instead of attractive people?

One time on our anniversary ly woke and I stre having dessert on the front deck of a patisserie and a woman rolled by on a really cool looking bike. I followed her with my eyes looking at the bike and then turned back quickly. My wife had seen it and was looking at me with a smirk. She said, "Were you just starting at that girl's bike?"

In that moment I felt so grateful that I married someone who understands me. I still get all mushy thinking about it.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Don't leave us hanging. What sort of bike was it?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

jobson groeth posted:

Don't leave us hanging. What sort of bike was it?

It was a vintage steel number, but I was not able to discern what brand.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dude at work was going on and on yesterday about how gross 'that time' was and how he wished we could bring back the days of making a woman just not be around anyone when 'that' was going on. He loudly stated how 'unnatural' the entire thing was. I almost believed he was joking until he snapped that no, it was really gross and men 'shouldn't have to deal with that.'

A straight dude, married to a woman for ten years, who refused to get a vasectomy because he didn't trust any doctor not to gently caress poo poo up, but seriously wanted his 35 year old wife to get a hysterectomy so he wouldn't have to worry about condoms and birth control pills because he didn't want kids.

No wonder they don't want kids, there's already a big baby in the house.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Oh sure, when a woman bleeds out of her genitals it's natural and fine, but when I shoot blood out of MY dick it's "a serious problem" and I need to "get out of this Wendy's"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

SirSamVimes posted:

Is it okay if I'm like this, full head swivel and all but for cute dogs instead of attractive people?

Same for me but for cats, squirrels, and birds.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If men bled out of their dicks regularly, it'd be horrifying for about a week and then everyone realises you can write your name in more than just snow.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dude at work was going on and on yesterday about how gross 'that time' was and how he wished we could bring back the days of making a woman just not be around anyone when 'that' was going on. He loudly stated how 'unnatural' the entire thing was. I almost believed he was joking until he snapped that no, it was really gross and men 'shouldn't have to deal with that.'

A straight dude, married to a woman for ten years, who refused to get a vasectomy because he didn't trust any doctor not to gently caress poo poo up, but seriously wanted his 35 year old wife to get a hysterectomy so he wouldn't have to worry about condoms and birth control pills because he didn't want kids.
Was he the guy in this story?

Also I found out that aspirin really screws up my period, so after spending two and a half weeks bleeding and spotting nonstop I have zero patience for anyone complaining about menstruation who doesn't even have to do it themselves.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
What do I say in my breakup text to this guy? I’m a 25/F and he is a 29/M

quote:

I have no idea what to say. He’s a 29/M and I’m a 25/F

Been seeing this guy for two months. I’m supposed to meet his family this weekend. I have had it with him. I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt often and I’m sick of being used.

He has trouble cumming with me. He just will do it and do it and then won’t cum. I think he just isn’t attracted to me. He asks me to wear a bra or keep my bra on when we gently caress so I’m sure my fake boobs look bad to him and this makes me enjoy sex less.

I went on vacation when we first started dating and would tell him all about my adventures I had that day and then say I hope you’re having a good day! And all he would say is thanks.

I would send him sexy pics on my vacation and he simply told me my butt looked white. He told me later he was bad at sexting. He also left me on read often when I was sexting.

I made him dinner the other night and he didn’t offer to help pay for the expensive rear end groceries. He also didn’t wanna cuddle that night or have sex.

When I said things aren’t working out anymore between us he told me that he was planning on having me meet his parents so he was sad.

I had him meet my friends and I got him a pumpkin to carve with us and he didn’t even say thanks and after he immediately commented on how small her apartment was.

The last straw was when I surprised him with a taco this morning for breakfast and he immediately wanted to gently caress and couldn’t cum after thirty min and he didn’t even say thanks for the tacos.

I try to be positive but I’m sad cause he has trouble cumming at times, hardly compliments me or tells me how sexy I look, takes forever to text back, doesn’t thank me for favors I do for him. When we aren’t loving I ask myself, why am I loving him still?

So what should I say in my goodbye text to him? Or should I just stop talking to him. I’m so scared cause his parents visit this weekend ):

TLDR: I hate my boyfriend. He is selfish and takes advantage of me. What do I say in my breakup text to him?

r/relationships: he couldn't cum after thirty min and he didn't even say thanks for the tacos

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Theophany posted:

r/relationships: he couldn't cum after thirty min and he didn't even say thanks for the tacos

I'm afraid there's no good way of writing a breakup text for all that, so you're stuck dating him, and probably marrying eventually. Don't look at me like that, I don't make the rules!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
[33M] needs desperate advice about marriage to wife [30F]

quote:

My wife of 5 years and I have been fighting ever since we first moved in together. It started with little stuff and non disruptive quarrels that every relationship has. Fast forward to present day and now, every so often, we are engaging in these huge blowouts. They catch me off guard. A simple question, or comment of mine gets manipulated and immediately leads to these explosive situations where she is yelling and cursing and breaking doors and throwing things. I normally respond by leaving the house and going to a safe place. She has been abusive in the past (grabbing my arm til it bruises, throwing me against the wall, yelling in my face as loud as she can) so I no longer hesitate to gtfo when things start to heat up. At first I was concerned that it was something I was doing (she persistently tried to convince me I was a narcissistic abusive control freak), so I sought personal counseling. If I was these things I wanted to become a better person. After telling our stories to a psychiatrist I was told that this was not normal behavior my wife was exhibiting and that I needed to either resolve things so that they never reached this level or protect myself and leave. I suppose I already knew this going in, but low self esteem on my part is most likely why I have stayed for so long and why I use to let her manipulate my self image.

Nowadays I find myself really really really bummed. We are on our 5th marriage counselor and it is accomplishing nothing. She continues to say and do anything she wants. Most times she does circle back and apologize, but the fact that this crap is still occurring leads me to think it will never end. Plus the arguments always get very personal and she tries to break me down to nothing so I am left feeling empty and worthless. I have signed a lease to leave our house and move out twice, but both times have lost the nerve. (Here is where it gets pathetic, sorry) Every time I think about leaving my wife. house, and pets I think; I'd rather be dead than have to face that loneliness. I can't explain it, but I associate leaving this abusive life as being worse than death. No clue what that is about, but it's depressing. Like I have something wrong with my brain. I know this treatment is wrong, and I know it will most likely continue with me getting bullied, but I have no confidence in leaving.

TL;DR I am unsure about leaving a partner who has abusive tendencies. Has anyone been in this boat? How'd you get out?

:stare:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Theophany posted:

[33M] needs desperate advice about marriage to wife [30F]

:stare:

Step 1: Get a divorce attorney.
Step 2: Serve wife with divorce papers.
Step 3: ...
Step 4: Freedom!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
How do you get to the fifth goddamn marriage counsellor before some form of legal consult???

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ArbitraryC posted:

I see this topic come up now and again and I'm half torn between agreeing with the OP that their SO obviously doing the cartoon awooga eye pop is obviously disrespectful and wondering if the OP is the kind of person who thinks glancing at someone of the opposite gender is overt flirting.

Like maybe I'm just not dating the wrong people but I do have trouble picturing someone who was so ostensibly thirsty you could see it when you went to the mall.
I dated a girl who accused me of flirting for doing such wildly disrespectful things as "making eye contact with the waitress" and "saying thank you to the cashier" and "having another woman in my field of vision at all" so I am biased against all of these OPs. Jealousy is relationship poison but so many people think it's totally normal to want to isolate your SO from the world so no one else can even consider loving them.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

I dated a girl who accused me of flirting for doing such wildly disrespectful things as "making eye contact with the waitress" and "saying thank you to the cashier" and "having another woman in my field of vision at all" so I am biased against all of these OPs. Jealousy is relationship poison but so many people think it's totally normal to want to isolate your SO from the world so no one else can even consider loving them.

A tiny little bit of jealousy is good and normal and means you are engaged in the relationship. Possessiveness and isolating your partner from the outside world are dangerous and abusive respectively.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theophany posted:

How do you get to the fifth goddamn marriage counsellor before some form of legal consult???

You read the post, right? His brain is so thoroughly broken that he would rather she murder him than he live without her.

Id probably encourage him to move them to a rural farm house with no one around for miles so nobody else gets hurt after she kills him with one of the many many loaded and unlocked guns he should start buying and leaving around the house

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Step 1: Get a divorce attorney.
Step 2: Serve wife with divorce papers.
Step 3: DUCK
Step 4: Freedom!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Ducks don't do this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

therobit posted:

Ducks don't do this.

I mean, can you imagine Scrooge McDuck's divorce proceedings?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean, can you imagine Scrooge McDuck's divorce proceedings?

Scrooge McDuck is never married due to ~lore~ and also someone that rich has no reason to get married.

This is more a Donald level problem.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

Scrooge McDuck is never married due to ~lore~ and also someone that rich has no reason to get married.

He was tempted with Goldie O'Gilt, but point.

Donald's case would probably go badly until his soon to be ex wife realises he has nothing but debt, a leaky houseboat and three bratty as gently caress nephews who can make her life hell

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

therobit posted:

Ducks don't do this.

You obviously have not seen the much grittier DuckTales reboot.

Edit: drat it, need to refresh before posting.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

They are Donald's nephews and Scrooge's nephews... Does that make Scrooge and Donald brothers? Have they ever said who the dad is? Some third brother or cousin?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Barudak posted:

loving piece of poo poo greed duck, you should've opened the god drat letter

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

They are Donald's nephews and Scrooge's nephews... Does that make Scrooge and Donald brothers? Have they ever said who the dad is? Some third brother or cousin?

I think it's probably safe to assume that Donald and Scrooge are only related through marriage (one is the brother of the boys' mother and one is the brother of their father)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hellblazer187 posted:

It’s a sister I think

E: ok so there was a wiki and here’s what I discovered. The mom is Donald’s sister and Scrooge is actually their uncle which would make him great uncle to the three I hope this clears up the mysteries of duck lore

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 26, 2018

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Hellblazer187 posted:

I always assumed Scrooge was the nephews' great uncle but they just called him Uncle because that's easier. I have no idea where I got this idea from other than Donald also calling Scrooge Uncle.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There's no way that Donald and Scrooge grew up in the same mansion, they're way too distinct as characters

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

scrooge is their great-uncle, jesus christ

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fruit BOO!ts posted:

E: ok so there was a wiki and here’s what I discovered. The mom is Donald’s sister and Scrooge is actually their uncle which would make him great uncle to the three I hope this clears up the mysteries of duck lore

fuckin swish

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Edit: I am not good at posting today.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Theophany posted:

First of all, don't break up via text. That's tacky.

Second of all, are there any upsides to being with this dude? He seems completely detached and uninterested in you. Are you sure you're even dating?

As usual, some of these stories are utterly baffling to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's a whole family tree for those ducks. Though the real mystery is the triplets' father. Maybe no one wants to admit that Della was a slut.