Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Here, hold this bag for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Parkingtigers posted:

That's the worst thing Woz has been associated with since he guest starred on Big Bang Theory Code Monkeys.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Wozniak didn't invent the personal computer.

Also, as much as he seems like a really nice guy that knows a lot about hardware, maybe don't put too much stock in his opinions.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

Weird new fact just out now. The Creator of the Personal Computer (the single most important and life altering invention of mankind) is agreeing with me on Cryptocurrency. And a bunch of middle aged IT managers on an imageboard are disagreeing with me :wth: :ironicat:

I suggest you go post on an actual imageboard, which something awful isn't. You 'll feel more at home there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ghosTTy posted:

Weird new fact just out now. The Creator of the Personal Computer (the single most important and life altering invention of mankind) is agreeing with me on Cryptocurrency. And a bunch of middle aged IT managers on an imageboard are disagreeing with me :wth: :ironicat:

Lol you think we have jobs

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

What's the deal with this Initiative Q poo poo?

Big skeptical alarm bells from any attempt at new currency stuff but w/e

If anyone wants to join up and maybe get free money of indeterminate worth, I've got a link.

Copy/pasting the whole spiel below because :effort:

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: (mod edit: nope)

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 26, 2018

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
lol nobody gonna fall for that dumb poo poo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Free money? Why that premise has never been a scam!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

sebzilla posted:

What's the deal with this Initiative Q poo poo?

Big skeptical alarm bells from any attempt at new currency stuff but w/e

If anyone wants to join up and maybe get free money of indeterminate worth, I've got a link.

Copy/pasting the whole spiel below because :effort:

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link:

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

They're trying to grift the QAnon idiots with this.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 26, 2018

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i miss when Q meant it was going to be a good star trek episode

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hung out at a small nearby brewery last night, and they had carved pumpkins up. We could vote for which pumpkin we liked the most.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

They're trying to grift the QAnon idiots with this.

This would probably work if they pitched it overtly.

Attention patriots! The restoration of America is at hand! Already the Deep State has been defeated behind the scenes and Obama, the Clintons, Comey, and the (((Federal Reserve))) are in secret house arrest while the US government and economy are remade by the Q initiative. Soon your fiat dollars will be worthless but fear not, your belief in Q shall be rewarded with a gift of America's new currency, the Q, and true patriots will take the place of (((central bankers))) as masters of the economy.

Please follow my donation link: https://www.pon.zi/thanksforthecash

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

sebzilla posted:

here's a hint, it's worth nothing

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

mojo1701a posted:

Hung out at a small nearby brewery last night, and they had carved pumpkins up. We could vote for which pumpkin we liked the most.

2spooky4me

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Klyith posted:

here's a hint, it's worth nothing

more of a spoiler than a hint

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mojo1701a posted:

this isn't a bitcoin pumpkin it's a poorly-drawn phantom thieves pumpkin

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I feel better knowing it was a bitcoin, I was having a hard time figuring out what was on the llama's back.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

VitalSigns posted:

This would probably work if they pitched it overtly.

Attention patriots! The restoration of America is at hand! Already the Deep State has been defeated behind the scenes and Obama, the Clintons, Comey, and the (((Federal Reserve))) are in secret house arrest while the US government and economy are remade by the Q initiative. Soon your fiat dollars will be worthless but fear not, your belief in Q shall be rewarded with a gift of America's new currency, the Q, and true patriots will take the place of (((central bankers))) as masters of the economy.

Please follow my donation link: https://www.pon.zi/thanksforthecash

too coherent

bang a frying pan against your head some more

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Blockchain? More like cockchain :mmmhmm: (hehehe)

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus loving christ source your quotes or get therapy.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Why is that chart is 51 % attack by only a "state sponsored entity" and not by a private entity(or just say 51% attack)?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Tashilicious posted:

Jesus loving christ source your quotes or get therapy.

doing extra work to appease your autism? no thanks, besides most of the clippings show where they're from

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ghosTTy posted:

doing extra work to appease your autism? no thanks, besides most of the clippings show where they're from
Are you upset? You seem upset (about bitcoins)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
That's because his pet project iota is cratering and bits are starting to look like they won't be worth anything by year end with "stable coins" coming in that will are like the FBI wet dream for money laundering cases.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ghosTTy posted:

No, he meant for you to provide a link to the crazy person who originally posted that skitzophrenic series of images that you were so helpful in providing for our ridicule.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ghosTTy posted:

You already pointlessly highlighted half of each of the articles

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Why even post if you're busy reaping the millions from your brilliant Bitcoin investments?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
thanks ghostty i just put all my money in millennials futures

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Rock Puncher posted:

I feel this is a good manifestation of GBS this year

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Rock Puncher posted:

The answer of all these questions/complaints is : Millennial/gen x makes less money then the previous generations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bleusilences posted:

The answer of all these questions/complaints is : Millennial/gen x makes less money then the previous generations.

maybe it's capitalism that's broken?

No
It's the millenials which are wrong.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Love to blame millennials for not spending the money I'm hoarding

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

There is also the over population and the fact that to get a worthwhile job you have to wait for people to die on their chair; which is finally happening. So now the news have been saying that there is a job shortage, but it's a job shortage of highly experienced people, which narrow because people couldn't get job because the job market was filled with people who were working until they die on their chair.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

millennials are killing the retirement industry because I took out a sub-prime mortgage in 2008 and now I have to work forever until I die because they won't buy my house

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Over population is a myth. Like the problem in the rest of that post isn't that there's too many people. But the dynamic with management and hiring at companies

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Millennials have entered the prime investment age of their mid 30s and have taken over all other age groups as the dominant force. We have chosen Tech companies and Blockchain as our investment focus because we've been priced out of Real Estate and other industries are boring and dumb, so these will be on a Bull Run for the next 20 years. Gen X got scammed by Boomers into buying their worthless overpriced homes and poorly built condos and now they attack Bitcoin because they're Anal Creampied Hiv Positive Supervirus Retard Nocoiner Cucks who want to convince us Real Estate is the only worthwhile asset so they can pawn it off to us when they want to retire, basically copying the Boomer strat because they were too apathetic to come up with their own scam. (source: old rear end Britgoon who writes Nocoiner propaganda and owns "Real" Estate)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Do you speak english

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Over population is a myth. Like the problem in the rest of that post isn't that there's too many people. But the dynamic with management and hiring at companies

No one wants to admit that not only do we not need to have everyone working all the time, but in fact it's extremely unaffordable to even try to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ghosTTy posted:

Millennials have entered the prime investment age of their mid 30s and have taken over all other age groups as the dominant force. We have chosen Tech companies and Blockchain as our investment focus because we've been priced out of Real Estate and other industries are boring and dumb, so these will be on a Bull Run for the next 20 years. Gen X got scammed by Boomers into buying their worthless overpriced homes and poorly built condos and now they attack Bitcoin because they're Anal Creampied Hiv Positive Supervirus Retard Nocoiner Cucks who want to convince us Real Estate is the only worthwhile asset so they can pawn it off to us when they want to retire, basically copying the Boomer strat because they were too apathetic to come up with their own scam. (source: old rear end Britgoon who writes Nocoiner propaganda and owns "Real" Estate)

How many bitcoin stickers do you have on your vehicle?