Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Man, coots and loons aren't even part of the Anseriformes, much less the family Anatidae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Blade Runner posted:

Soft shell tacos are instruments of El Diablo

The best kind are the ones that come in two small, soft corn tortillas like you get at food trucks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

loquacius posted:

Anxiety is a real sexual-performance killer, and a partner who is really reactive to poor sexual performance tends to make people anxious

Anxiety is the most self-perpetuating mental-health problem apart from possibly depression

Depression is also a sexual performance killer, and the treatment sometimes is just as bad. SSRIs can flat out prevent orgasm.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

CannonFodder posted:

Depression is also a sexual performance killer, and the treatment sometimes is just as bad. SSRIs can flat out prevent orgasm.

Paxil, for one.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
He's having tacos (presumably from Taco Bell) for breakfast, how can he be depressed?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, now tell me what happened to Goofy's wife

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, now tell me what happened to Goofy's wife

The fact that she is never spoken of on Goof Troop would indicate that she betrayed the family in some way, perhaps by abandoning them when Max was an infant

Or maybe he's just adopted :shrug:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There's an old cartoon about her cheating on goofy

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend is recently engaged and they were both over for our thursday night hang out. They announced they had to leave by 9pm though for some reason which means we barely had any time to hang out like we usually do. I asked if they had romantic plans or something this evening and they both laughed. "No, there's a video game coming out tonight and I need to drive him to the store so he can get in line to get his pre-order and then I probably won't really see him for the rest of the evening... or week..."

People excited about this horsey game.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I could see it being involuntary manslaughter. Goofy tried to iron a shirt and burned down half the house, including the master bedroom while Goofette slept.

Either that or a hunter shot her.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
It's a really, really good game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I could see it being involuntary manslaughter. Goofy tried to iron a shirt and burned down half the house, including the master bedroom while Goofette slept.

Either that or a hunter shot her.

I'm not seeing it being a tragic-death scenario because then there'd be at least one touching scene or Very Special Episode where Max finds Goofy quietly weeping over pictures of her and they bond over their shared memories

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There's an old cartoon about her cheating on goofy

Yeah the question is do we have a Manchester-By-The-Sea scenario or a Pagliacci one

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Captain Yossarian posted:

It's a really, really good game
The reviews I've read make it seem soooooo dull. "I'm going to ride my horse around for hours with nothing to do."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

The reviews I've read make it seem soooooo dull. "I'm going to ride my horse around for hours with nothing to do."

Its predecessor was about driving a car around for hours with nothing to do and is the highest revenue generating single piece of media ever made.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I'll only bang after a quesorito.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

loquacius posted:

I'm not seeing it being a tragic-death scenario because then there'd be at least one touching scene or Very Special Episode where Max finds Goofy quietly weeping over pictures of her and they bond over their shared memories

Didn’t the Goof Troop movie do basically that? I swear I remember some Disney dead parent angst but haven’t seen it in like 2 decades

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Baronjutter posted:

My friend is recently engaged and they were both over for our thursday night hang out. They announced they had to leave by 9pm though for some reason which means we barely had any time to hang out like we usually do. I asked if they had romantic plans or something this evening and they both laughed. "No, there's a video game coming out tonight and I need to drive him to the store so he can get in line to get his pre-order and then I probably won't really see him for the rest of the evening... or week..."

People excited about this horsey game.

who in the gently caress is waiting in line at midnight for a video game in 2018. you can download that poo poo

and don't gimme that "well i like to own my media so it can't be stolen backf rom me" my guy you are playing it on a proprietary computer that can only play games, they'll ha e it back if they want it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

who in the gently caress is waiting in line at midnight for a video game in 2018. you can download that poo poo

and don't gimme that "well i like to own my media so it can't be stolen backf rom me" my guy you are playing it on a proprietary computer that can only play games, they'll ha e it back if they want it.

They plan to resell it later. Those, bandwith cap havers, and crazies are the only people buying physical still.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

You can't sell a digital download when you're done with it, smart guy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

extra row of teeth posted:

Didn’t the Goof Troop movie do basically that? I swear I remember some Disney dead parent angst but haven’t seen it in like 2 decades

The only theme I remember from A Goofy Movie was Max being ashamed of his heritage vis-a-vis his incredibly embarrassing dad but I think I saw it once when I was 8 so in closing this is extremely possible

Barudak posted:

They plan to resell it later. Those, bandwith cap havers, and crazies are the only people buying physical still.

There is especially no reason to buy a physical disc for PS4/XB1 since you have to do a full install whether there's a disc involved or not

I only have a couple of PS4 discs because it was the only way to take advantage of Black Friday sales

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
horse balls though

I mean it really does look great, the first two also ruled so I'll probably pick it up when it hits PCs.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I'll only bang after a quesorito.

I’m romantic, so you’ll come home to rose petals leading to a candlelit table with a white tablecloth, and a condom discreetly placed next to the quesorito.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Barudak posted:

Its predecessor was about driving a car around for hours with nothing to do and is the highest revenue generating single piece of media ever made.

It boggles my mind

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

El_Elegante posted:

I’m romantic, so you’ll come home to rose petals leading to a candlelit table with a white tablecloth, and a condom discreetly placed next to the quesorito.

put the rose petals and candle and condom and table cloth in the quesorito to make it more efficient, I call this the SoylentDatenight

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
well I hadn’t decided what I was having for lunch yet, but it’s definitely gonna be this

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I've lost too many good friends to suicide and video games :(

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Pick posted:

I tell my girlfriend she's gonna walk in on me dead from od'ing on something while playing video games, just to prepare her, but I got good life insurance so she can cash out, it's a win/win

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

losing party members in da2 is pretty rough

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

It's usually the other way around but I guess Portland is just quirky like that

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think my friend was getting some special edition or something? Probably comes with a cloth map and some plastic horse balls? He's the type of nerd who would be big into that or buying the exclusive pre-order that comes with one of those wretched plastic bobble head things nerds collect.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pick posted:

Same, but working for companies and having children.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I think my friend was getting some special edition or something? Probably comes with a cloth map and some plastic horse balls? He's the type of nerd who would be big into that or buying the exclusive pre-order that comes with one of those wretched plastic bobble head things nerds collect.

I have bad news, those things heads dont even bobble

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Time to murder your mother in law

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1055889007949824000?s=19

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (25F) dad (60M) gave a speech at my older sister's (27F) wedding that confirmed he loves her more than me. I'll be getting married soon and the thought of him speaking at mine makes me want to cry. What do I do?

So, I've always known my sister was the favorite. It's painfully obvious, especially from my dad.

This is super petty but just to give a concrete example, I always had the smallest bedroom growing up. Which makes sense, I was the youngest. But her room was ALREADY bigger than mine, and then they decided to renovate it. They built her a second bedroom out of the attic with a grand staircase in her bedroom to access, then they cut out some sq footage from the master next door to build her a gorgeous walk-in closet. It was a 2-story, literal princess suite. I was mad jealous, obviously, but they always promised I could have the room when she went to college, and she's 3 grades above me so 3 years with it felt fair. Until she moved out to college and they changed their mind, saying they didn't want her not to have her room to come home to on holidays and such. So for 3 more years her 2-story suite sat empty and I was stuck in the tiny bedroom.

Lot's of stuff like that. But you write it off, you know? You always rationalize it in your head that they can't actually just love her more, right?

So, another tough situation, and again this is stupid, I know, was the annual daddy-daughter dances in high school. My sister and my dad loved them so much and I couldn't wait to get to go, too. My dad travels almost every weekend for work, so the fact that he'd decline shows to stay home and go to the dances with her was really important, you know? We didn't get a ton of his time with his job, so that mattered a lot to us.

Anyways, finally I get to high school and my first DDD (daddy-daughter dance) as a freshman was her last one as a senior. Most of the night they wanted to be by themselves and they were both pretty emotional that it was her last DDD, which I totally get and I gave them space and stuff!

But that ended up being my last DDD, too. The next 3 years my dad didn't decline those weekend shows even though he promised, especially my senior year, he promised he'd make it, and he didn't. And I know that sounds stupid but that really broke my heart.

Anyways, like I said, you rationalize it and talk yourself out of it. You can't really imagine you're just less loved than your siblings. Idk.

So at her wedding, which was so unbelievably perfect and amazing and she's so loved by so many people and friends and that already gives me anxiety in itself because I'm a much more introverted person with a small group of friends, not like my sister.

Anyways at her wedding, my dad gave his speech, and in it he was talking about how much he loved her and how she was his special little girl who he couldn't wait to dance with tonight. He said that he loved her so much, that growing up he actually turned down shows so that he could dance with her at all 4 of her DDDs, THAT'S how much he loved her.

I know, I know it's stupid. But hearing that...man that just felt like a knife to my gut. I was right in front of him at the main table and was trying so hard to keep smiling because everyone was looking up at us but I was so close to crying. He loved her so much he did something for her he couldn't be bothered to do for me. Even though he promised.

It was like, 20 years worth of fears and insecurities were all confirmed. I was lesser. I was unlovable, even by my own father. How do you come to terms with that?

I know it's so so petty but their wedding was 6 months ago and this is still eating me alive. My bf and I are probably gonna get married in the next few years, and just thinking of my dad giving a speech, or even our first dance together, feels like that wound is tearing back open and I just want to start crying. I know how sad it will make me, hearing his words while remembering his other ones, I don't think I can get them out of my head.

What do I do?

​TLDR: My dad's speech at my sisters wedding confirmed my deepest fears that he loves her more than me, and now I can't bear the thought of him speaking or dancing with me at my own wedding and I'm not sure what to do.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

that's the problem with kids these days, they're so coddled with their "feeding tubes" and "peanut allergies" and "medical issues", trophies etc

We need more parents who know that if your kid is scared of the water you throw them in

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I like my MIL, but she's a little off on her perception of things. Our daughter is going through a picky phase and my MIL says "if she were at my house, she'd be eating kale and healthy stuff." We reminded her that she literally gives her candy every time she sees her and had to be told by us that she wasn't allowed to give her sugar cubes as a snack.

She also likes to say fearing your parents is good because she was scared to death of her dad and wouldn't ever misbehave.

She was getting drunk and high at 12 and was pregnant at 14, so I'm not sure her experience works for her argument.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 26, 2018

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (25F) dad (60M) gave a speech at my older sister's (27F) wedding that confirmed he loves her more than me. I'll be getting married soon and the thought of him speaking at mine makes me want to cry. What do I do?

So, I've always known my sister was the favorite. It's painfully obvious, especially from my dad.

This is super petty but just to give a concrete example, I always had the smallest bedroom growing up. Which makes sense, I was the youngest. But her room was ALREADY bigger than mine, and then they decided to renovate it. They built her a second bedroom out of the attic with a grand staircase in her bedroom to access, then they cut out some sq footage from the master next door to build her a gorgeous walk-in closet. It was a 2-story, literal princess suite. I was mad jealous, obviously, but they always promised I could have the room when she went to college, and she's 3 grades above me so 3 years with it felt fair. Until she moved out to college and they changed their mind, saying they didn't want her not to have her room to come home to on holidays and such. So for 3 more years her 2-story suite sat empty and I was stuck in the tiny bedroom.

Lot's of stuff like that. But you write it off, you know? You always rationalize it in your head that they can't actually just love her more, right?

So, another tough situation, and again this is stupid, I know, was the annual daddy-daughter dances in high school. My sister and my dad loved them so much and I couldn't wait to get to go, too. My dad travels almost every weekend for work, so the fact that he'd decline shows to stay home and go to the dances with her was really important, you know? We didn't get a ton of his time with his job, so that mattered a lot to us.

Anyways, finally I get to high school and my first DDD (daddy-daughter dance) as a freshman was her last one as a senior. Most of the night they wanted to be by themselves and they were both pretty emotional that it was her last DDD, which I totally get and I gave them space and stuff!

But that ended up being my last DDD, too. The next 3 years my dad didn't decline those weekend shows even though he promised, especially my senior year, he promised he'd make it, and he didn't. And I know that sounds stupid but that really broke my heart.

Anyways, like I said, you rationalize it and talk yourself out of it. You can't really imagine you're just less loved than your siblings. Idk.

So at her wedding, which was so unbelievably perfect and amazing and she's so loved by so many people and friends and that already gives me anxiety in itself because I'm a much more introverted person with a small group of friends, not like my sister.

Anyways at her wedding, my dad gave his speech, and in it he was talking about how much he loved her and how she was his special little girl who he couldn't wait to dance with tonight. He said that he loved her so much, that growing up he actually turned down shows so that he could dance with her at all 4 of her DDDs, THAT'S how much he loved her.

I know, I know it's stupid. But hearing that...man that just felt like a knife to my gut. I was right in front of him at the main table and was trying so hard to keep smiling because everyone was looking up at us but I was so close to crying. He loved her so much he did something for her he couldn't be bothered to do for me. Even though he promised.

It was like, 20 years worth of fears and insecurities were all confirmed. I was lesser. I was unlovable, even by my own father. How do you come to terms with that?

I know it's so so petty but their wedding was 6 months ago and this is still eating me alive. My bf and I are probably gonna get married in the next few years, and just thinking of my dad giving a speech, or even our first dance together, feels like that wound is tearing back open and I just want to start crying. I know how sad it will make me, hearing his words while remembering his other ones, I don't think I can get them out of my head.

What do I do?

​TLDR: My dad's speech at my sisters wedding confirmed my deepest fears that he loves her more than me, and now I can't bear the thought of him speaking or dancing with me at my own wedding and I'm not sure what to do.

Just loving talk to them about it and call them both pieces of poo poo

If you weren't so spineless maybe they'd love you

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Elope.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do exactly what he would do for you, promise to invite him to your wedding then dont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What do I do?

jesus :(