Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Lol you were uncomfortable with infinity being rampantly sexist in 2015 and yet still decided to keep playing. :thumbsup:

And I still watch Kevin Spacey films!

Indolent Bastard, confirmed for worse than Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man Corvus Belli is gross af

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Indolent Bastard posted:

And I still watch Kevin Spacey films!

Indolent Bastard, confirmed for worse than Hitler.

You have to click through a link in order to see my posts calling you a creepy idiot lmao.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so CB is sexist and bad, and GW is also sexist and bad, but not as bad as CB.

So it's cool to be a little sexist, but just not all the way.

That makes a lot of sense to me, and thankfully I can continue to enjoy GW products!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

Ok, so CB is sexist and bad, and GW is also sexist and bad, but not as bad as CB.

So it's cool to be a little sexist, but just not all the way.

That makes a lot of sense to me, and thankfully I can continue to enjoy GW products!

Corvus Belli is extremely sexist and bad, GW has made some pretty glaring missteps but has also listened to customer feedback about offensive models and pulled them from the store, and have done things like “hired women” and “never released a special range of extra sexy models that don’t even have rules so their only purpose is to make nerds horny”

These companies are exactly comparable in my brain, which is a good and normal one that absolutely doesn’t give me boners when I look at anime figurines.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Corvus Belli is extremely sexist and bad, GW has made some pretty glaring missteps but has also listened to customer feedback about offensive models and pulled them from the store, and have done things like “hired women” and “never released a special range of extra sexy models that don’t even have rules so their only purpose is to make nerds horny”

So you would say that CB is bad, and GW is bad, but GW is not as bad as CB? That makes sense. I'm surprised someone didn't point it out before.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

So you would say that CB is bad, and GW is bad, but GW is not as bad as CB? That makes sense. I'm surprised someone didn't point it out before.

These companies are exactly comparable in my brain, which is a good and normal one that absolutely doesn’t give me boners when I look at anime figurines.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The difference is that it doesn't look like CB's really trying to do better while GW visibly is.

Female space marines might not be on the table right now but it's no longer a completely outlandish thought.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It will never stop being funny that the only line of attack the pathological weirdos have is to say "GW fanboy". I imagine they do it to taxi drivers and supermarket cashiers who look at them funny when they talk about why they like the gender politics of Goblin Slayer.

I've yet to see anything of substance out of you idiots but one line posts and emotes. Almost like you don't have any lines of attack but mocking sad minis from a game pretty much only a handful of people play and that virtually nobody defends the dumb minis.

I've been playing 40k since uhh.. 94? So a lot longer than many of you idiots trying to get goon/fat chick in Women's Studies cred have been alive. There are plenty of sad and hosed up GW things in the past. But I guess the Pygmy army or THAT DIORAMA don't exist.

But keep screaming about anime.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

I've been playing 40k since uhh.. 94? So a lot longer than many of you idiots trying to get goon/fat chick in Women's Studies cred have been alive.

Dear god this thread is the gift that keeps giving.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Captain Rufus posted:

I've been playing 40k since uhh.. 94? So a lot longer than many of you idiots trying to get goon/fat chick in Women's Studies cred have been alive.

what

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Captain Rufus posted:

I've yet to see anything of substance out of you idiots but one line posts and emotes. Almost like you don't have any lines of attack but mocking sad minis from a game pretty much only a handful of people play and that virtually nobody defends the dumb minis.

I've been playing 40k since uhh.. 94? So a lot longer than many of you idiots trying to get goon/fat chick in Women's Studies cred have been alive. There are plenty of sad and hosed up GW things in the past. But I guess the Pygmy army or THAT DIORAMA don't exist.

Just loving do it. Do it. Say they're using ad hominems. Do it!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I feel like both sides of this poo poo slinging orgy can come together and agree that Captain Rufus is a loving internet treasure.

E: I mean GODDAMN dude is mad mad mad MAD! I can practically hear the foam building up in his mouth, accompanied by the sounds of some far-Right radio show, as he furiously types. It's loving magical!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Captain Rufus posted:

I wonder if the space marine statue is still standing guard under the stairs.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Boy are you GW cuckailurez going to feel dumb when he decimates you with his wit.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

I wonder if the space marine statue is still standing guard under the stairs.

That’s really the conclusion you’re going to draw from that post? Jfc.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

The difference is that it doesn't look like CB's really trying to do better while GW visibly is.

Female space marines might not be on the table right now but it's no longer a completely outlandish thought.

As someone who enjoys GW products (blessed be that company) I am also happy about this. I have never purchased any CB products or played their games, and am thankful that I have avoided associated with such a depraved, disgusting company.

However, I am concerned. The posters in this thread, who are definitely worried about sexist miniatures and avoid CB for that reason, might be made aware that another company, one Mantic (a questionable group of rogues) does not, to my knowledge, have any sexist minis in their range at all!

I would assume that anyone who was seriously concerned about sexism in minis might actually buy that company's products instead of GWs to show their support--and this would lead, disastrously, to a loss of market share for our blessed GW.

I am very concerned, my friends.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Captain Rufus posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Beerdeer posted:

Boy are you GW cuckailurez going to feel dumb when he decimates you with his wit.

a deer?!!?

OF BEER????

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

As someone who enjoys GW products (blessed be that company) I am also happy about this. I have never purchased any CB products or played their games, and am thankful that I have avoided associated with such a depraved, disgusting company.

However, I am concerned. The posters in this thread, who are definitely worried about sexist miniatures and avoid CB for that reason, might be made aware that another company, one Mantic (a questionable group of rogues) does not, to my knowledge, have any sexist minis in their range at all!

I would assume that anyone who was seriously concerned about sexism in minis might actually buy that company's products instead of GWs to show their support--and this would lead, disastrously, to a loss of market share for our blessed GW.

Maybe instead of bad posts you could try doing good posts, because these are pretty pathetic.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Captain Rufus posted:

:chloe:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Captain Rufus posted:

Post your models.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Seldom Posts posted:

Friend, have you seen the mantic dorfs? None of them have T-poses and square asses, something that I require in my fantasy dorf army.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Captain Rufus posted:

I didn't know GW produced and sold that diorama, that's hosed up. They shouldn't have done that.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
40k and Warpath are entirely equivalent in both rules and model quality, I wish we could just accept that Mantic is the best option here.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maybe instead of bad posts you could try doing good posts, because these are pretty pathetic.

It's normal to feel angry, and lash out, when GW is threatened. I understand, friend. It shows your "good and normal brain" at work.

I want to say that I admire the work you have done defending us all from the "perverts" at CB, so as to better serve our mutual love, GW.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

Friend, have you seen the mantic dorfs? None of them have T-poses and square asses, something that I require in my fantasy dorf army.

Ha, I knew Mantic was terrible!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

I see friend. You don't have a good and normal brain, and you do get "boners" when you look at anime figurines. The first step is admitting it. I am proud of you. I believe you can still be a righteous warrior on behalf of GW. But you may want restrict yourself to certain of their model lines, so as not to get "boners."

You’re really loving stupid so I’ll spell this out in little words for you to read.

When I posted this:

I was mocking the very premise of the argument your FAS-riddled brain was struggling to construct. It’s stupid to compare a company that is unrepentantly and proudly sexist with one that’s made fuckups in the past but actively works to avoid doing so now. They’re not in the same ballpark. Ones just bad, one is more complicated but perhaps worth supporting.

You, being incredibly stupid, replied to my post with this:

Seldom Posts posted:

you engaged with your own point you dumbass

Then, further reinforcing how incredibly loving stupid you are, here’s further proof of your utter lack of reading comprehension:

Seldom Posts posted:

It's normal to feel angry, and lash out, when GW is threatened. I understand, friend. It shows your "good and normal brain" at work.

I want to say that I admire the work you have done defending us all from the "perverts" at CB, so as to better serve our mutual love, GW.

Seriously, drinking paint would likely make you smarter.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 26, 2018

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Two Beans posted:

Post your models.

Still looking for actual responses to anything I posted. I know its hard to respond to wisdom and truth but it will be good for yall.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

Still looking for actual responses to anything I posted. I know its hard to respond to wisdom and truth but it will be good for yall.

Truly you’re a master debater.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Captain Rufus posted:

You cited THAT DIORAMA as an example of GW doing bad things. Do you think it's equivalent to producing and selling models?

I'll take my answer in the form of a comic book if that's easier for you.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Imagine reading this:

And thinking I was referring to myself. That would be pretty stupid!

I see friend. You don't have a good and normal brain, and you do get "boners" when you look at anime figurines. The first step is admitting it. I am proud of you. I believe you can still be a righteous warrior on behalf of GW. But you may want restrict yourself to certain of their model lines, so as not to get "boners."

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Captain Rufus posted:

Thin your paints.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Two Beans posted:

Thin your paints.

Drink your paint thinner

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Booley posted:

Drink your paint thinner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9w9J7gfJI

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

You cited THAT DIORAMA as an example of GW doing bad things. Do you think it's equivalent to producing and selling models?

I'll take my answer in the form of a comic book if that's easier for you.

I also mentioned the Pygmy army you conveniently ignored. We can't forget the Fmir can we? Or lots of the sad creepy minis GW has made recently.

Hmm..almost like y'all aren't that interested in actually defending your precious for profit company and its just an excuse for something....

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Weren't the pygmys like

30 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Seriously, drinking paint would likely make you smarter.

Which brand? GW, Reaper, Vallejo? Airbrush formula or normal?