Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

God drat I hope they loving nail this to trumps fat face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

can't believe that in a county of 2 million people, two things happened

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Apologies if I missed it, but WaPo has been talking to folks who knew the guy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...m=.9e368b1c9ca8

quote:

Debra Gureghian, the general manager of New River Pizza and Fresh Kitchen in Fort Lauderdale, said that Sayoc worked as a delivery truck driver for several months until he quit in January.

“He was crazed, that’s the best word for him,” she said. “There was something really off with him.”

The white van he drove to deliver pizzas was covered in disturbing images, she said, so the restaurant required him to park it on the side where it could not be seen.

“It was puppets with their heads cut off, mannequins with their heads cut off, Ku Klux Klan, a black person being hung, anti-gay symbols, torchings, bombings you name it, it was all over his truck,” Gureghian said.

He was kept on because he did his work reliably and good drivers are hard to find, she said. But he disturbed his co-workers with racist comments and texts.

“He was very angry and angry at the world, at blacks, Jews, gays,” she said. “He always talked about ‘if I had complete autonomy none of these gays or these blacks would survive.’ He never said he would kill them or murder them or bomb them he just said ‘if I had complete autonomy the gays, the black and Jews would not survive.’ He was very, very strange.”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha I was right, he really is the Rachel Dolezal of Seminole

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Oh man he delivered pizzas in that van? Phenomenal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eviltastic posted:

But good drivers are really hard to find so we just asked him to park in the back. Wouldn't want to take a job away from an upstanding white guy

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
The only explanation is that this man is an AI trained by 4chan, QAnon, pizzagate, etc. that somehow figured out how to transfer itself into a human form.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Al Borland Corpse posted:

But good drivers are really hard to find so we just asked him to park in the back. Wouldn't want to take a job away from an upstanding white guy

Look do you want your pizza hot? Then you gotta put up with a diatribe about killing Jews and blacks, I don't make the rules here sir

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Slowpoke! posted:

I think you might be misinterpreting this. I mean it is literally a Stormfront thing to find ways to deny that a person is white when they do something terrorist related.

Ah, OK, if that's the case, fair enough and apologies. Yes, RWM does do that. :respek:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Delivered in 30 minutes or your racist rant is free.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

eviltastic posted:

Definitely seems like he had a ton of economic anxiety.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Uncle Wemus posted:

God drat I hope they loving nail this to trumps fat face.

How can they not? Dude drove the MAGAvan and went to trump rallies.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

eviltastic posted:

“He was very angry and angry at the world, at blacks, Jews, gays,” she said. “He always talked about ‘if I had complete autonomy none of these gays or these blacks would survive.’ He never said he would kill them or murder them or bomb them he just said ‘if I had complete autonomy the gays, the black and Jews would not survive.’ He was very, very strange.”

Definitely not a white supremacist, because his other tweets said

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

eviltastic posted:

quote:

He never said he would kill them or murder them or bomb them he just said ‘if I had complete autonomy the gays, the black and Jews would not survive.’

That's some fine splitting hairs right there.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

Because nothing sticks to trump except the orange spray tan

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Cutting funding for mental health in the 80s was obviously a long con from conservatives who knew where their ideology was heading.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Special directions for your pizza: cut into swastika

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Shifty Pony posted:

Lol yeah this is the one that’ll stick finally, sure

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FuturePastNow posted:

Delivered in 30 minutes or your racist rant is free.

:golfclap:

DrNutt posted:

Cutting funding for mental health in the 80s was obviously a long con from conservatives who knew where their ideology was heading.

While some of these people undoubtedly suffer mental illness, I think that in general it is a deflection tactic to suggest that the primary issue is that people have a mental illness, rather than that this is a white supremacist country that normalizes fascism and fascist political violence.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Yeah I went "holy poo poo" under my breath when I read that part. "Guy's a walking hostile work environment and we've already got complaints and seems dangerously unstable to boot, but we can't be letting them pies get cold!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

How hard can it be to find a delivery driver in Florida, a state with no auto insurance requirements or vehicle inspections

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Where the gently caress is this that "Guy with a car, doesn't murder pedestrians with" is a hard bar to pass? :suicide:

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
The system is broken:

https://twitter.com/emilybazar/status/1055910575912308736

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

FilthyImp posted:

Where the gently caress is this that "Guy with a car, doesn't murder pedestrians with" is a hard bar to pass? :suicide:

Florida, we've been over this.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I don't think I've blinked in six hours.

What the gently caress even.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ulillillia had to drive himself into a ditch (uninjured, car ok) to avoid a white van that peeled outta nowhere coming at him a few days ago, how fuckin crazy would it be if it were this guy.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

Frightening Knight posted:

While some of these people undoubtedly suffer mental illness, I think that in general it is a deflection tactic to suggest that the primary issue is that people have a mental illness, rather than that this is a white supremacist country that normalizes fascism and fascist political violence.

Thank you! It gets really tiring any time a mass shooting, or... I guess bombing, occurs and knowing full well that they're going to beat the mental illness drum if the dude is white.

I sometimes worry that some dam is going to burst and the pitchforks are going to come out for me.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I will likely be eating pizza for dinner and have pizza on the brain, so have a completely off topic unrelated feelgood pizza palate cleanser:
https://twitter.com/leighmunsil/status/1055869964362674176

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lot of people who never worked in a pizza shop itt.

Everyone working at your local Pizza Hut is hosed up in some way. I know I was. It's like the rock bottom wino bar of retail jobs.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

Thank you! It gets really tiring any time a mass shooting, or... I guess bombing, occurs and knowing full well that they're going to beat the mental illness drum if the dude is white.

I sometimes worry that some dam is going to burst and the pitchforks are going to come out for me.

As a fellow sadbrain, I can smell your sadbrain. We know. We see you. We're coming for you. :black101:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

skylined! posted:

I don't think I've blinked in six hours.

What the gently caress even.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was gonna comment on that tweet from early on where the lady was like "OMG this crazy Trump van delivered lunch to our office!"

Like, people all around that area now get to know they ate pizzas delivered by a would-be mass murderer. :thumbsup:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

The amount of advertising they're doing here is wild so I believe it. Lots of scaremongering about Prop 8 being state-sanctioned murder of dialysis patients and stuff.

It'll probably pass. I think.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

They have been running ad after ad after motherfucking ad in this state saying basically, without qualification whatsoever, that if Prop 8 passes, every single dialysis patient here will die soon afterwards. The idea, that if you cut our exorbitant fees even a half a percent we'll have no option but to fold up shop and let people die in the streets is some pretty ballsy, hostage taking poo poo and by the way gently caress this stupid country. Jesus Christ.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I didn't intend it to be a deflection tactic in this case. An entire side of my family suffers from genetic mental issues and one member of my extended family is in state care, one is in prison, and the rest probably fall on some sort of spectrum of mental health needs. Anecdotally there does seem to be some sort of correlation between someone having serious mental health issues and latching on to right wing brain poison.

Uncleanly Cleric
Oct 17, 2005

As a fellow sadbrain, I can smell your sadbrain. We know. We see you. We're coming for you. :black101:

Bennnzooooooos... beeeeeennnnnnnzoooooos.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

eviltastic posted:

Surprised it wasn't Papa John's

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DrNutt posted:

I didn't intend it to be a deflection tactic in this case. An entire side of my family suffers from genetic mental issues and one member of my extended family is in state care, one is in prison, and the rest probably fall on some sort of spectrum of mental health needs. Anecdotally there does seem to be some sort of correlation between someone having serious mental health issues and latching on to right wing brain poison.

My bad, when I say "it's a deflection tactic," I mean in the general sense. Like, yes, undoubtedly it is in some ways mental health issue, but many of these people are just loving Nazis.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

He was kept on because he did his work reliably and good drivers are hard to find, she said. But he disturbed his co-workers with racist comments and texts.

That dude seems like a poster child / prime example of white privilege. Who else can get away with that kind of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

What we need in this country is a President whose unafraid of to say the N-word. And that word is "nationalize".

• Locked thread