Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Splode posted:

Yeah I turned it off mid episode because of this, the show is boring as hell. When it's not problems being instantly solved by bullshit RPG mechanics, it's exposition. Yawn.

Good, it wasn't just me. I could only get through about half of the first episode before succumbing to terminal boredom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
rip died because I felt sleepy for twelve minutes

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

his super power is essentially having infinite money. later on he goes to a new world with a different currency system and again acquires infinite money. he uses this to buy a massive army of slaves. also it starts dropping the whole 'i love one woman from my former life and will protect her this time' thing by instead going 'oh actually there are multiple women from my former life and it's cool if i get a harem'.

it's bad.

You really can't slam me for poo poo that hasn't happened in the manhwa yet and I had no earthy way of knowing. I have yet to ever hear someone come out of the woodwork with something good to say about a comic I am reading that is based on a light novel. The reason I don't read the light novels is because they all come across as unfiltered madness written by someone in bad need of a night in Atlantic City. I never hear it the opposite way from people where the light novel didn't have some dark poo poo going on. Besides deviating from the light novels is what a ton of people do when poo poo gets weird. Which is why Overlord Anime doesn't have a sex slave dungeon. So far I got 195 chapters of good wuxia nonsense from Tales of Demons and Gods. He doesn't have slaves and is still true to the city lord's daughter. Stop spoiling that for me because they can fix the garbage. Its happened before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

post the city lord's daughter

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

does this mean the girls are gay for each other or does it mean the girl being into a guy is gay

Not necessarily either. But if it helps, Akane's friends that she talks to in class are characters from the director's yuri fiction.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh that's neat

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wish we got the volleyball club show instead

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
goblins having a tough time right now with their reputation

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834060/Goblin_Walker/

This is an unconventional 2D belt-scroll action game, in which players won’t beat devils or dragons as an invincible warrior, but an evil, greedy and despicable Goblin. You will break into the villages which are guarded by soldiers and warriors, and destroy the facilities and rob the belongings. You will become a figure that everyone hates yet fears.

tags: sexual content, nudity, violent

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Relin posted:

You will become a figure that everyone hates yet fears.
Much like this game! :rimshot:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Davincie posted:

the first ep being 90% rpg stats exposition while the animators desperately used every single background effect in an attempt to make looking at a slime narrating less dull still couldn't save it from being the dullest first ep i've seen this season

I was hoping this first episode was an exception and they just wanted to get the background out of the way, but yeah it's no better by episode 4.

I'm glad I stuck with kaze, I had a feeling it would improve and it has. It still has the potential to not do anything interesting but I plan to see it through to the end now.

Gridman, zombieland saga and bunny girl are the highlights for me this season. Gridman is shallow as hell but fun and nice to look at, bunny girl is a shameless monogatari rip off but well executed enough to get away with it.

I'm also enjoying bloom into you.

Splode fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 24, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Metamoruphie/status/1055201569115987972

I know that "Episode Director works on good material and also on less good material" isn't particularly surprising by itself, but this particular juxtaposition does make me laugh.

Incidentally, talking about this on a sakuga discord channel did lead to me finding out that Bloom Into You's production schedule is (or at least was at one point) multiple months ahead of Uzamaid's, which suggests pretty nice things on that front.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Endorph posted:

post the city lord's daughter

Every time he goes in for the kill the city lord cock blocks.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 25, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Assholes in manhuas/hwas are the wooooorst. "Why did you hit me!?" "Just because." :livintrope:

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Assholes in manhuas/hwas are the wooooorst. "Why did you hit me!?" "Just because." :livintrope:

No poo poo the very next panel is.

Not sure if I can peg him an rear end in a top hat though because the MC has been batting far outside his range by macking his daughter every second he gets a chance. The City Lord is just angry some peasant is on a rocket ride though social status and thinks he can marry his daughter when he was selling turnips two years prior.

Its more of a mix of Dad and social status thing than being some unreasonable rear end in a top hat.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 25, 2018

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Randomly found Skilled Teaser Takagi on Crunchyroll and I think I love it.

Just a bunch of dumb middle school antics where a girl picks on her classmate in fun ways. I think it's covering the space left by Chiyo's School Road.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Just a bunch of dumb middle school antics where a girl picks on her classmate in fun ways. I think it's covering the space left by Chiyo's School Road.

Check out the Please Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro manga if you finish that and find yourself wanting more (albeit slightly hornier).

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Nagatoro is also waaaay more of a dick than Takagi is. It's a slightly different dynamic cuz she is a flat-out bully.

Not that I'm complaining.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 25, 2018

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

FilthyImp posted:

When you've finished the series, immediately read Chapter 36 of the manga and then click on this spoiler: https://mangadex.org/title/21843/karakai-jouzu-no-moto-takagi-san

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Also this if you like eyebrows girl and friends from Takagi-san.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well huh

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1055837921792544769?s=19

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol funimation's hosed

e: I guess it made it really easy for CN because them and ellation are both owned by Warner

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 27, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As long as Funi has Dragon Ball, which will be always, they'll be good with Toonami.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Death Parade on toonami when

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Pootybutt posted:

Death March on toonami when

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Goblin Slayer is not what I thought it was going to be at all...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CMD posted:

Goblin Slayer is not what I thought it was going to be at all...

Goblins get slain, just like it says on the tin.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Darth Walrus posted:

Incidentally, is there any meaningful tension or conflict in Slime? I know a bunch of folks seem to like it, but it sounds suspiciously like one of those 'overpowered protagonist bulldozes through everything, fixes everyone's problems with the dozens of superpowers they've pulled out of their rear end' shows, and I tend to find those pretty boring even when the power-fantasy they're fulfilling isn't outright reprehensible.

the slime wouldn't be cohesive without surface tension, so I would call that pretty meaningful.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

lol funimation's hosed

Dont funi do the mob psycho dub anyway? Or would this be them airing the subbed version on toonami?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Jekyll and Hyde posted:

Dont funi do the mob psycho dub anyway? Or would this be them airing the subbed version on toonami?

I think Funi was just handling distribution of the discs. Crunchy had one of the LA studios do the dub.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

J-Spot posted:

I think Funi was just handling distribution of the discs. Crunchy had one of the LA studios do the dub.

Ah, wasn't sure because it's on funi's streaming service and all

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...oretara/.138738

More details on Yuasa's new film project.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh, sounds good. Looking forward to it

quote:

Upon entering university, Hinako moves to a coastal town. She loves surfing, and when she's on the waves she's fearless, but still feels uncertain about her future. When a fire wreaks havoc in the town, Hinako encounters young firefighter Minato. As they surf and spend more time together, Hinako feels drawn to someone like Minato who devotes himself to helping other people. Hinako also holds a special place in Minato's heart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also a "certain element" related to Lu.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
when will he do another weird gross fucky thing

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1056432095466160128/pu/vid/640x360/3bTL-YFOlnqQxE6z.mp4

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i just realized with funi splitting from CR, that means nichijou will be removed from crunchyroll again. f*cked up

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This is now canon.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone got opinions if Boarding School Juliet is worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Not sure if here or TVIV is the place to chat about it, but the remainder of that Netflix Castlevania series came out , and it was pretty neat.