Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Cat Face Joe posted:

a deer?!!?

OF BEER????

That sounds really familiar for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Captain Rufus posted:

I also mentioned the Pygmy army you conveniently ignored. We can't forget the Fmir can we? Or lots of the sad creepy minis GW has made recently.

Hmm..almost like y'all aren't that interested in actually defending your precious for profit company and its just an excuse for something....

So is that a yes

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I can't think of a single for-profit company I'm a fan of

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

I see friend. You don't have a good and normal brain, and you do get "boners" when you look at anime figurines. The first step is admitting it. I am proud of you. I believe you can still be a righteous warrior on behalf of GW. But you may want restrict yourself to certain of their model lines, so as not to get "boners."

tallkidwithglasses posted:

You’re really loving stupid so I’ll spell this out in little words for you to read.

When I posted this:

I was mocking the very premise of the argument your FAS-riddled brain was struggling to construct. It’s stupid to compare a company that is unrepentantly and proudly sexist with one that’s made fuckups in the past but actively works to avoid doing so now. They’re not in the same ballpark. Ones just bad, one is more complicated but perhaps worth supporting.

You, being incredibly stupid, replied to my post with this:

you engaged with your own point you dumbass

Then, further reinforcing how incredibly loving stupid you are, here’s further proof of your utter lack of reading comprehension:

Seriously, drinking paint would likely make you smarter.

Lmao you still dumb as gently caress

E:

Indolent Bastard posted:

Which brand? GW, Reaper, Vallejo? Airbrush formula or normal?

I think Vallejo model/game air smells the best but this dude definitely needs something lead based.

tallkidwithglasses fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 26, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Moola posted:

I can't think of a single for-profit company I'm a fan of

I've been a fan of for-profit companies since before the rest of you fat liberal arts women's studies cred goons have been alive

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

DrPop posted:

Just loving do it. Do it. Say they're using ad hominems. Do it!

And if there's one thing Rufus doesn't like, it's the homis

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lmao you still dumb as gently caress

E:

I think Vallejo model/game air smells the best but this dude definitely needs something lead based.

You seem angry. Like I said, it's normal to be angry when GW is threatened. That anger comes from fear. Fear that something bad might happen to GW. That fear comes when people say bad stuff about GW on the internet and you have to respond. But you'll be ok, and more importantly, GW, a company we both love, will be ok.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

You seem angry. Like I said, it's normal to be angry when GW is threatened. That anger comes from fear. Fear that something bad might happen to GW. That fear comes when people say bad stuff about GW on the internet and you have to respond. But you'll be ok, and more importantly, GW, a company we both love, will be ok.

Dude you’ve spent 2 pages literally arguing with your own argument because you misread my post. I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re dumb as poo poo.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Death Thread 2019- you’ve spent 2 pages literally arguing with your own argument because you misread my post

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Gonna preempt seldom posts with this classic before he tries it out unironically

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

I'm gonna recommend Vallejo LIQUID GOLD - mainly because it's baller as poo poo, but a little bit because it's toxic as hell.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Anyway, the Captain Rufus Men’s Rights Own Zone is way funnier than seldom posts being loving stupid so let’s go back to that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PrinnySquadron posted:

Weren't the pygmys like

30 years ago.

I will never forgive GW for models they made 27 years ago.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

tbh I'm still miffed about how Rufus helped that one chud shut down the first comicsgate thread.

That guy was leading the entire discussion around with bad faith arguments and "how do you do fellow progressives" BS and Rufus took one look at the multipage shitshow and thought that everyone else was the insufferable one.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Angry Guy posted:

I've been playing 40k since uhh.. 94?

I forget how young some of you guys are, now I really feel old.

Broken Record Talk posted:

I'm gonna recommend Vallejo LIQUID GOLD - mainly because it's baller as poo poo, but a little bit because it's toxic as hell.

I need to get some liquid gold, but VMA metallics are really good. Silver is retina burning shiny levels of bright.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

richyp posted:

I need to get some liquid gold, but VMA metallics are really good. Silver is retina burning shiny levels of bright.

The liquid gold ones are definitely better in terms of look, but goddamn the new Vallejo Metal Color ones are so much easier to work with. I tried one, and then immediately went out and bought all of them.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Xarbala posted:

tbh I'm still miffed about how Rufus helped that one chud shut down the first comicsgate thread.

That guy was leading the entire discussion around with bad faith arguments and "how do you do fellow progressives" BS and Rufus took one look at the multipage shitshow and thought that everyone else was the insufferable one.

Are we still allowed to call people unfunny sperglords or is that no longer allowed.

Because prior to the locking this thread was actually providing good insights into what was happening with the various smaller companies - I had no idea Hawk had died for example. After it was locked and reopened we get this surge of offense and counter offense against tits.

Edit. Also someone mentioned something about hating Full Thrust's damage system. It's weird but Full Thrust was always meant to be very "light" with only fairly cursory attempts at balance. It's not a seriously competitive game in any respect and it is extremely easy to break. With that in mind, the roll to explode each component on a crit threshold (which is reached 2-4x throughout your vessel's HP depending on if its tough/normal/fragile) is really fun.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 26, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

Are we still allowed to call people unfunny sperglords or is that no longer allowed.

Because prior to the locking this thread was actually providing good insights into what was happening with the various smaller companies - I had no idea Hawk had died for example. After it was locked and reopened we get this surge of offense and counter offense against tits.

Edit. Also someone mentioned something about hating Full Thrust's damage system. It's weird but Full Thrust was always meant to be very "light" with only fairly cursory attempts at balance. It's not a seriously competitive game in any respect and it is extremely easy to break. With that in mind, the roll to explode each component on a crit threshold (which is reached 2-4x throughout your vessel's HP depending on if its tough/normal/fragile) is really fun.

I was pretty interested in the chat about other game companies too and was at first disappointed at how things devolved into people sniping at each other over tits but I've had to doubletake some of these posts, so I can't say it's not been interesting.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Captain Rufus posted:

I've yet to see anything of substance out of you idiots but one line posts and emotes. Almost like you don't have any lines of attack but mocking sad minis from a game pretty much only a handful of people play and that virtually nobody defends the dumb minis.

I've been playing 40k since uhh.. 94? So a lot longer than many of you idiots trying to get goon/fat chick in Women's Studies cred have been alive. There are plenty of sad and hosed up GW things in the past. But I guess the Pygmy army or THAT DIORAMA don't exist.

But keep screaming about anime.

Posts like these are way better than talking about how a 2 man garage company failed at a kickstarter or whatever.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Xarbala posted:

I've had to doubletake some of these posts, so I can't say it's not been interesting.

That's all the Death Thread (no matter what iteration) has ever really been for.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Broken Record Talk posted:

That's all the Death Thread (no matter what iteration) has ever really been for.

Word.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

It's really cool how every single time I clean/assemble models -> prime -> basecoat ->detail paint -> wash my mental state goes "poo poo, I suck at this" -> "oh god it's going to look terrible" -> "huh, that basecoat actually brings out the details nicely, maybe this won't turn out so bad?" -> "GOOD SWEET LORD WHAT HAVE I DONE" -> "eh, I guess it'll look okay at arm's length on the table".

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

food court bailiff posted:

It's really cool how every single time I clean/assemble models -> prime -> basecoat ->detail paint -> wash my mental state goes "poo poo, I suck at this" -> "oh god it's going to look terrible" -> "huh, that basecoat actually brings out the details nicely, maybe this won't turn out so bad?" -> "GOOD SWEET LORD WHAT HAVE I DONE" -> "eh, I guess it'll look okay at arm's length on the table".

but do you watch anime

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dude you’ve spent 2 pages literally arguing with your own argument because you misread my post. I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re dumb as poo poo.

Nah brah, you're just too dumb to understand how stupid your own point is. I was trying to show you in a gentle way, but I see that won't work lol.

Anyway, its friday night, see you Monday.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Seldom Posts posted:

Nah brah, you're just too dumb to understand how stupid your own point is. I was trying to show you in a gentle way, but I see that won't work lol.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cat Face Joe posted:

but do you watch anime

I used to like regular show which I think is an anime

I also did a gundam model once but I've never seen gundam, I must be infected

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hell yeah I watch anime.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Hell yeah I watch anime.

Hentai is considered anime?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hentai stands for Hot and Extremely Nude Topless Anime Images so yeah it counts.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
What happened to Dropfleet Commander? People were pretty hype about that game for a decent stretch of time, but it seems to have completely vanished now?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

panascope posted:

Hentai stands for Hot and Extremely Nude Topless Anime Images so yeah it counts.

Removing Anime from everything really does improve stuff.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Mugaaz posted:

What happened to Dropfleet Commander? People were pretty hype about that game for a decent stretch of time, but it seems to have completely vanished now?

Welcome back to the thread mugaaz!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Seldom Posts posted:

I’m sad he’s quit because I was going to make a joke about how he should act more like his username

Too slow again

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Captain Rufus posted:

defending your precious for profit company

Lol, nice

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Posts like these are way better than talking about how a 2 man garage company failed at a kickstarter or whatever.

So you are saying you are like getting in the way of things like what my friend's cat did in our Kill Team game?

Except you know, Marmalade the Psycho Kitty can be moved via laser line pointer. And is a cute cat when she isn't being a douchebag. How do we get rid of you and your trolling?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

food court bailiff posted:

I need to manage that last step.

It keeps me from finishing a lot. I have half-painted/basecoated stuff for half a dozen Malifaux crews and Guild Ball teams. :smith:

And the ol' Warmahordes collection...:negative:

Anyone want two dozen half-painted and chipped up Steelheads?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Thread's at least twenty dollars worth of interesting today.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

grassy gnoll posted:

Thread's at least twenty dollars worth of interesting today.

Hahaha currently playing clue about who got me mine and I’m down to either seldom posts or captain rufus, both of them seem very laid back and definitely not mad over the past couple pages.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It was me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Hahaha currently playing clue about who got me mine and I’m down to either seldom posts or captain rufus, both of them seem very laid back and definitely not mad over the past couple pages.

Why the gently caress would I do that? Wasting 10 bucks on an avatar for a douchebag is about as stupid as buying a Knight Titan.